Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Apr 25th - Japanese Golden Week! - Discussion

1911»

Comments

• I can't find the post but I think Rowdy came out with a "don't buy the petals" after the event ended...but was that for the co-op happiness ?  Because it would not increase that value after the event ended or was it for all  petals?
    Anyway, that would/could make the difference, I think.... :|

Jiesta (NL1)  I think you know where it is...right ?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I can't find the post but I think Rowdy came out with a "don't buy the petals" after the event ended...but was that for the co-op happiness ?  Because it would not increase that value after the event ended or was it for all  petals?

You don't want to buy either one at this point, because neither one will affect the happiness (whether it be normal Farm Happiness or Village Happiness) on the deco that you've already been given. :)

You can still buy the coins, though. I've had those come through a couple of times today. (Like the 1,000 coin for 1 coin deal).
  • Hi, The event is finished and Omar still there. How long will he there for us to buy items. Particularly want irish chicken coop but not sure when will come up. Don't want to lose use of coins I accumulated but willing to wait if sure able to get it.

Can GG give a definitive answer.

Thought option to having omar around for a long time would be to give players option of buying  item from the specials offered during the event.

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 08.05.2017
    Hi, The event is finished and Omar still there. How long will he there for us to buy items. Particularly want irish chicken coop but not sure when will come up. Don't want to lose use of coins I accumulated but willing to wait if sure able to get it.

Can GG give a definitive answer.

Thought option to having omar around for a long time would be to give players option of buying  item from the specials offered during the event.

@dianeb (AU1)

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3511099/#Comment_3511099

• Rowdy Rac said:
    @Craftycritters (US1)

It is not really the complete opposite of what has been said before :)
    The only actual change relates to the fact that the special Omar trader will not leave immediately the event ends but only a day or 2 later.
    So I wanted to correct that bit of information.  But everything else remains the same.

Since we don't know exactly when he will leave, though, I for one plan to spend the last of my coins very soon after the event ends, just to be sure I don't lose out.  Better safe than sorry ... :D
    Very generous of GGS to extend the trader, but - you know SOMEONE had to complain - only wish I knew this before I bought all those ridiculous items just to spend my inventory.  That out of my system, I really liked the event.  I hope we have more of the same.   And I'm glad to hear Rowdy plead to not waste our coins on blossoms now that event is over, and I'll add island fertilizer, etc.  I wondered if it could stay in inventory but figured it was an oversight.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I don't understand why they have to disappear ... everything else is in the "equipment box" for safe keeping.
    So it would not be hard  to let us keep them ... right ?  :) 

For the most part I think the event was a success, which usually means it will return...right ?  :p  :p  
    The only reason would be for balance issues.  That's Meela's bailiwick. That way they ensure that when this event (or another one like it) rolls around again, everyone starts at the same level. Kinda like how we can't carry over Temp farm dollars every month from temp farm to temp farm. It might give someone (or even an entire co-op) an unfair advantage if they could buy personal blossoms or co-op blossoms during the next event using leftover coins from *this* event.

That's the only reason I could see why they wouldn't want us to carry them over, and I can understand the reasoning.
    I  have to disagree:  The main reason, probably is so that we'll have to use gold to buy those big-ticket items -- the coins don't make a bit of difference in terms of "starting at the same level" because blossoms aren't in our equipment box and can't be carried over.  The coins should carry over, just like vouchers, runes, etc..  Carrying those items over don't give people advantages, either. They don't affect the outcome of the competition.
    Yeah, they do.

You can buy them from Omar.

Someone (or a Co-Op) could gain a huge advantage if they could buy 2,000 or 5,000 Pellets using leftover coins from this event in the next one. Especially Individual ones, where that directly affects the leaderboard.
    No, what I meant was, the blossoms don't have to carry over, just like the temp farms money doesn't carry over.  And they aren't in the equipment box.

The lucky coins are separate -- already in our equipment box -- and very easy to carry over as they already are in our equipment box.  People are asking to have the coins carry over, not the blossoms.
    But that's what I'm saying.  If someone could carry over 40,000 Lucky Coins from this event to the next one, they could (at least theoretically) BUY 40,000 Individual Pellets from Omar during the next event that they wouldn't have been able to buy otherwise. They would then have a 40,000 pellet advantage on the leaderboard, and people here would (rightfully) be screaming about how unfair that is. :)
    I get your point. I really do. I just can't see coins making that much of a difference when it comes to the blossoms.  Omar's blossom offers were tiny, and didn't come around that often.  I just want my coins -- is that so wrong?  *sniff* :)
  • I don't understand why they have to disappear ... everything else is in the "equipment box" for safe keeping.
    So it would not be hard  to let us keep them ... right ?  :) 

For the most part I think the event was a success, which usually means it will return...right ?  :p  :p  
    The only reason would be for balance issues.  That's Meela's bailiwick. That way they ensure that when this event (or another one like it) rolls around again, everyone starts at the same level. Kinda like how we can't carry over Temp farm dollars every month from temp farm to temp farm. It might give someone (or even an entire co-op) an unfair advantage if they could buy personal blossoms or co-op blossoms during the next event using leftover coins from *this* event.

That's the only reason I could see why they wouldn't want us to carry them over, and I can understand the reasoning.
    I  have to disagree:  The main reason, probably is so that we'll have to use gold to buy those big-ticket items -- the coins don't make a bit of difference in terms of "starting at the same level" because blossoms aren't in our equipment box and can't be carried over.  The coins should carry over, just like vouchers, runes, etc..  Carrying those items over don't give people advantages, either. They don't affect the outcome of the competition.
    Yeah, they do.

You can buy them from Omar.

Someone (or a Co-Op) could gain a huge advantage if they could buy 2,000 or 5,000 Pellets using leftover coins from this event in the next one. Especially Individual ones, where that directly affects the leaderboard.
    No, what I meant was, the blossoms don't have to carry over, just like the temp farms money doesn't carry over.  And they aren't in the equipment box.

The lucky coins are separate -- already in our equipment box -- and very easy to carry over as they already are in our equipment box.  People are asking to have the coins carry over, not the blossoms.
    But that's what I'm saying.  If someone could carry over 40,000 Lucky Coins from this event to the next one, they could (at least theoretically) BUY 40,000 Individual Pellets from Omar during the next event that they wouldn't have been able to buy otherwise. They would then have a 40,000 pellet advantage on the leaderboard, and people here would (rightfully) be screaming about how unfair that is. :)
    Not really - I bought individual pellets every time that I could and they don't show up much. I still have 55K coins left from the event. Most of the time, they are 99% off so they don't cost anything anyways. The highest pellet count is definitely the best (and only one that costs more than 99% off) and those showed up as often as this irish chicken coop (which is almost never for me!).
  • Sukiyaki (US1)Sukiyaki (US1) US1 Posts: 555
    I still haven't seen the irish coop, and I play a lot & check frequently ><
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    I can't find the post but I think Rowdy came out with a "don't buy the petals" after the event ended...but was that for the co-op happiness ?  Because it would not increase that value after the event ended or was it for all  petals?

I wasn't in today, Sandra - so a bit delayed: but here is the link:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3513136/#Comment_3513136
    I am still buying coins @1 per 100 when on offer, then buying whatever trinkets come up during these last few hours -- mostly deco parts.  When they pull the plug, I'll only be out a few coins. 
  • I am still buying coins @1 per 100 when on offer, then buying whatever trinkets come up during these last few hours -- mostly deco parts.  When they pull the plug, I'll only be out a few coins. 
    Did I miss something .... last few hours ?   Do you know how long exactly ?
    I am still buying coins @1 per 100 when on offer, then buying whatever trinkets come up during these last few hours -- mostly deco parts.  When they pull the plug, I'll only be out a few coins. 
    I think Wed am is the end.  It's in an announcement somewhere.
    I think Wed am is the end.  It's in an announcement somewhere.
    Quote from Wascally:  "I am told it will be Wed 9am (CEST)  (1d22h46m00s)"
  • Thank You artful (US1).... ;)
    welcome.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I would suggest this.......

Let us keep the coins AND let the coins be interchangeable no matter what the theme of the event is (Leprechaun, golden week, or otherwise).

Also, this is a great event.  No one is forced to participate.  It starts on its own, with no clicking required to start it up.  Everyone, just by their regular farming will accrue so coins.  So you can ignore this event if you like or you can embrace it.  Even if you if ignore it, you will get some coins, should you ever decide later that you want them.

I embraced it.  I bought gold mystery boxes with my coins.  I got goldflowers and gold mining licenses.  How could anyone not like that?  I recognize that others may get different things on sale, due to randomness.  Perhaps I got lucky this time through.   But over time, these good things will rotate among all players.  This is a truly Great event format.  Please do this type of event as often as possible.
    I wanted to walk away with an Irish Chicken Coop and a house appearance.  Ended up with 2 house appearances, the coop, the Special Island with 102 HP, the magnificent tea garden, a serene cowshed, and eleventy billion deco parts, plus a few bits and bobs.  Very happy with my haul.  
  • jay53 (AU1)jay53 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    edited 09.05.2017
    gavinfarms (US1)artful (US1) I am very happy with this event and pleased with my haul.
    Thank you GGS and our wonderful Mods who constantly keep us informed!

<3
    Jay

• OK, OK, enough already!!  The event is over!  Make Omar the Pot Bellied stop offering me flower blossoms and lucky coins!  And while yer at it, have him stop offering Island Dollars and Island Fertilizer and Island Salad Dressing and Island Ice Tea, and ANYTHING ISLAND!!  thank you.....

• SANDRAUser60 (US1)SANDRAUser60 (US1) US1 Posts: 539
    edited 09.05.2017
    HeHe...... where's the love  <3  AndyGriffith (US1)

But I hear ya ....  :D  salad dressing   :D
    OK, OK, enough already!!  The event is over!  Make Omar the Pot Bellied stop offering me flower blossoms and lucky coins!  And while yer at it, have him stop offering Island Dollars and Island Fertilizer and Island Salad Dressing and Island Ice Tea, and ANYTHING ISLAND!!  thank you.....

LOL! to both of you.  However, I have been buying coins the past few days (the 1-coin ones) -- I was able to get a couple very low-end trinkets that way.  And if I get stuck with a few coins, at least I have a few things I wouldn't have had otherwise.  Sure beats the Money Pit, AKA "The Village of the Damned."
  • said:
    said:
    OK, OK, enough already!!  The event is over!  Make Omar the Pot Bellied stop offering me flower blossoms and lucky coins!  And while yer at it, have him stop offering Island Dollars and Island Fertilizer and Island Salad Dressing and Island Ice Tea, and ANYTHING ISLAND!!  thank you.....

LOL! to both of you.  However, I have been buying coins the past few days (the 1-coin ones) -- I was able to get a couple very low-end trinkets that way.  And if I get stuck with a few coins, at least I have a few things I wouldn't have had otherwise.  Sure beats the Money Pit,

I can't complain either artful (US1) , granted I did not clean up like you did...congrats btw ...but I am very happy with the turn out of this event.    
    AndyGriffith (US1) had some good fun to poke at Omar...lol...as you when you said....  AKA "The Village of the Damned."   :D ...both of you are correct  ~AS YOU ARE ~ FUNNY 

• HandySandy (US1)HandySandy (US1) US1 Posts: 12
    edited 20.05.2017
    I still have coins.
    I thought they were supposed to go away?
    I like that they are still here.

• I still have coins.
    I thought they were supposed to go away?
    I like that they are still here.

@HandySandy (US1) They may disappear after the next update. :)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Do you know when the next update is coming?
    Yes  :D
Sign In to comment.