Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Captain Yarnacle

harvestmoonn (INT1)harvestmoonn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 851
hello anyone can help about boat repair cost i mean how much damage its take per trip? cuz its asks for lots of mats when its docked in village i wana know how much damage this thing take each 12 hours? is it worth it to repair it? is gifts its give worth costs?
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• umm can you guys add gifts you getting from boat here please?
  • Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    I got 10 pig feed and some seeds :)
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    hello anyone can help about boat repair cost i mean how much damage its take per trip? cuz its asks for lots of mats when its docked in village i wana know how much damage this thing take each 12 hours? is it worth it to repair it? is gifts its give worth costs? 

In the test forum, we got an answer that the material needed to repair the boat depends on the number of players in a coop.
  • yes thats thing got around 25% damage on his trip guess its very hard to repair that things ...
    not worth to pay so much for just few ctalyser or normal seed for greenhouse completly junk if anyone got something worthy let us know pleas
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    edited 19.04.2017
    About the rewards, I've gotten the personal gift twice now:
    I've gotten 2 mystery boxes one time.
    I wouldn't say it's worth it at the moment, because so far I've only been able to increase my friendship with him high enough to get the personal box by giving him expensive products like Mermaid Bay stuff or Bakery/Flower shop items. The value of the gift has always been lower than what it cost me to make him my friend with products (not edge plant/village factory materials).

I would still advise to keep giving him village materials if your co-op has decided to work on keeping his ship repaired. But the personal giftbox isn't worth going for right now in my opinion. You also miss it entirely if you're not there to collect it, and every time he comes his friendship with you resets. So if you miss the next time he comes (because you're asleep or at work which is inevitable), you increased your friendship with him for nothing.

[Edit: clarity and grammar fixes. Hopefully it's not too confusing anymore!]
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    umm can you guys add gifts you getting from boat here please?
    Here's what I got today from a fully repaired boat and 100% Friendship:

For repairing the boat itself:

And for the 100% Friendship:

Repairing the boat DEFINITELY wasn't worth it. Thousands of nails, willow rods, spruce wood, etc.. For 2 seeds and some Pig Feed? Boat can sink for all I care.

The 100% friendship rewards, meh.. I dunno. Cost me 4 cookies and a few roasted bass platters. I like Mystery Boxes, so for 4 cookies (about $5,000 Village Dollars to make for me, high happiness on GF), it was an OK deal.
    edited 19.04.2017
    Ok, so we repaired our boat *1 time* and got him back this morning.

He wants CLOTH to repair his boat.

Our Co-Op is level 12.

We can't make Cloth until our Textiles Factory is level 12. It's currently Level 3.

is this intended, or is it seeing "Hey, these guys have a Level 12 Warehouse, they should be able to make Cloth now.."

{Edit: We would need to be Level 21 to even GET a level 12 Textiles factory. We're level 12. Something's definitely off here.}
  • harvestmoonn (INT1)harvestmoonn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 851
    edited 19.04.2017
    you cant makes cloth if they bring bug from test server here timber cannot got more than 6 lvl its bugged at lvl 6 and cloth is timber lvl 12 i think
    and i got 2 wheel token from right box left box gives junk only
  • harvestmoonn (INT1)harvestmoonn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 851
    edited 19.04.2017
    t
    umm can you guys add gifts you getting from boat here please?
    Here's what I got today from a fully repaired boat and 100% Friendship:

For repairing the boat itself:

And for the 100% Friendship:

Repairing the boat DEFINITELY wasn't worth it. Thousands of nails, willow rods, spruce wood, etc.. For 2 seeds and some Pig Feed? Boat can sink for all I care.

The 100% friendship rewards, meh.. I dunno. Cost me 4 cookies and a few roasted bass platters. I like Mystery Boxes, so for 4 cookies (about $5,000 Village Dollars to make for me, high happiness on GF), it was an OK deal.
    thank you
    yes but that increas duration that boat stay at dock help more coop member to get gifts but... all most help repairing cuz cost is insane
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Well on test farm I have given way more stuff like 20 cookies  flower bouqets  fish plates  and never got close to what you got, I got one gift so to me this is so not worth it.  
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    i know i missed out on personal gifts cos i was in work, yep not doing that again - dude can starve for all i care
    More gifts.

Group Box:

100% Friendship Box:

That's a bit more like it. :)
    Boat Repair for the Cabin still wants Cloth.

A Co-Op can't even MAKE cloth until level 21.  We're level 12. This can't be right.
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    On the test server, the jetty required cloth to build.  So it was assumed that any co-op with the jetty could produce cloth.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    You are going to find that the Jetty is nothing more than a money pit that takes a toll on resources. I would suggest to not even build it until you co op village is level 30 or better. Much better off with getting the factories, bank & warehouse up first to be able to support the supplies required to repair the "Jetty"
    Some more rewards from yesterday & today.

Not going to bother tracking the "Group" rewards any more, they seems to always been seeds & feed.  Sometimes if you click on "Show me More" one of the (free) options will have a Mystery Box, but it seems to be pretty rare.

• Not too bad of a haul......at least you got a few lime seeds, we need all those we can get!!   B)
  • catsclaw (GB1)catsclaw (GB1) GB1 Posts: 82
    How is a coop supposed to repair the boat when it turns up at approx. 1am in the morning when majority of the team are in bed.
    It will leave damaged, and if anything like tester will cost even more to repair, which is really not worth bothering with.
    Surely it would be better if boat arrived sometime during morning and left sometime in evening giving players at least a chance of being on the game.
    Have discussed with coop leader and will be recommending ignoring coop features as not viable.
    edited 22.04.2017
    How is a coop supposed to repair the boat when it turns up at approx. 1am in the morning when majority of the team are in bed.
    It will leave damaged, and if anything like tester will cost even more to repair, which is really not worth bothering with.
    Surely it would be better if boat arrived sometime during morning and left sometime in evening giving players at least a chance of being on the game.
    Have discussed with coop leader and will be recommending ignoring coop features as not viable.
    Just don't repair the hull. That'll put him on an 18-hour or-so cycle.  9 hours gone, 9 hours back.  Focus on the cabin and Stowage repairs. :)  At least I think that's how it was on the Test Server, I don't remember. I could be wrong on this one. :)
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    this is just my opinion but I think that that amount of materials to be supplied to the adventurer boat is extreme. There is no way that all these products will be donate in time before the boat leaves meaning it takes longer to come back and the rewards are minimal because it wasn't fully stocked last time. 
    Also the amount of time it takes to make some of the products in the factories is way over the top. 9 hours to make 60 rope...really?? plus other items. The boat will be coming and going and we will still be waiting for the factories to finish making what we need.
    Just a suggestion but maybe GGS should look at lowering the quantities of supplies needed for the boat and lowering the time it takes to make things in the village.
  • Yes, these were my thoughts too. Great idea, but lower the amounts before people lose patience and then interest.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I think I've already lost interest (and I haven't even built the jetty yet !! 
  • How is a coop supposed to repair the boat when it turns up at approx. 1am in the morning when majority of the team are in bed.
    Just don't repair the hull. That'll put him on an 18-hour or-so cycle.  9 hours gone, 9 hours back.  Focus on the cabin and Stowage repairs. :)  At least I think that's how it was on the Test Server, I don't remember. I could be wrong on this one. :)
    its not like that its change turn each 12 hour 2 trip per day just time its stay at dock is depend on boat health its betwen 3-6 hour i think if fully repaired its stay 6 hour at dock if fully damaged its stay 3 hour
  • Don't bother to repair. I always get a pile of seeds not shown in the supply box.
  • catsclaw (GB1)catsclaw (GB1) GB1 Posts: 82

Tried this, now the boat stays less time at the dock and wants material to repair cabin. This is not available to our coop for at least 4 more upgrades on building. So again this is a complete mess and not worth cost or the amount of work involved as again it will turn up in middle of night when nobody is on and now  leave before we are.
    its not like that its change turn each 12 hour 2 trip per day just time its stay at dock is depend on boat health its betwen 3-6 hour i think if fully repaired its stay 6 hour at dock if fully damaged its stay 3 hour
    Yeah, I just saw the same thing on our boat.. Well, I wasn't sure, that's why I said I could be wrong on this one. :)  I knew it extended his trip time, I just didn't know it shortened his "dock" time. :(

So I guess he's on a 12-hour cycle, no matter what.

Looks like 5AM-5PM and 5PM-5AM (EST)  (Which would be Midnight-Noon and Noon-Midnight (CEST)).

Is anyone else seeing different dock times?
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    That's what we are seeing here, very inconvenient as boat only about when people are sleeping or working in the uk :/
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I think I've already lost interest (and I haven't even built the jetty yet !! 
    When and if your co op decides to build the "Jetty" be sure your Co op Village level is at least into the 30s so you will be able to have the factories up high enough to make the required items for the Jetty repairs and upgrades.
  • skaukatt (GB1)skaukatt (GB1) GB1 Posts: 12
    Ours arrives roughly 2pm and 2 am so we got no chance
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    All 3 Boat parts take 20% damage every trip.  

All 3 boat parts 100% damaged:
    Arrives at 9:00 pm at night.  Leaves at 12:00 midnight.  arrives at 9:00am, leaves at 12:00 noon.  

Amount needed to fully repair if asking for:
    Bamboo: 33000
    Spruce wood:15000
    Willow rods: 15000
    Poplar wood:5000
    Oak wood: 5000

Nails: 19000
    Resin:1000
    Cloth(not unlocked):65
    Ropes:350

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list