Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Village League Challenges

Comments

• menphus (AU1)menphus (AU1) Posts: 54
    edited 24.04.2017
    Oh great so were stuck continuing with a challenge that even the team who started it doesn't want to do :( this could take weeks..lol  mind you we did complete almonds by accident but didn't get to spend in shop again.
    whats going on with the shop tast two weeks and the 8200 points just went to co-op dollars ?? that's not very inspiring for players.
  • twofunny (US1)twofunny (US1) US1 Posts: 22
    JVD (US1) said:
    NO! (not fun)
    Oh. Well this is unfortunate. I just discovered this league challenge business about an hour ago and decided to research it. So it's not worth the hassle? 
  • Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283
    Not worth the hassle and when you think a bit further: This challenge will push you and your farm in a direction the most players don,t like to go. I will try to explain. 

1 Enormous amounts of alfafa or jasmin are asked. This means you neglect your normal growing process for Corn,Cabbage etc. Player will get in a few weeks problems with their feed .
    2 This is a permanent competition wich means that you don,t have the time to recover your spec seeds between the C-C,s wich in my opinion are way to often. 1 time every 6 weeks is more than enough. 
    3 The rewards are very very poor. 
    4 Players will stop playing the game and as result in our coop we have more red dots than the skyscrapers in New York have.

But that is my personal opinion of this new USELESS addition to the game
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I am not sure where this discussion actually belongs, but I do wish that there would be an identifier in a window and in the chat (like it is for the start of projects) for who initiates a Village League Challenge.  Can you implement this?  Thank you for considering this modification.
  • Gamester (US1)Gamester (US1) US1 Posts: 100
    Thank you WascallyWabbit for passing on the requests for only team leadership to have ability to start a village challenge - we definitely need that.  I like the idea expressed here - notification of who started the challenge to appear on chat. We also need member info set up like the championship where you can see who's participating and who is not (just a total percentage would be fine), and need to be able to see who has voted for village building upgrades.  One of the main issues I'm seeing is players getting overwhelmed and frustrated - especially with the challenge running at the same time as the championship.  We are in the same situation as some others here - we were planning to not participate during the championship - were counter-challenged and then a member either by accident or intent challenged the team above us.  I agree there should be a way to opt out of the challenges if your team doesn't want to participate - whether for a set time period or forever.  The challenge prizes are laughable unless you have a full blown team of high level players. We're in the building stages and although we have 41 members, many are lower level players still trying to build up their farms.  My concern is the lower level players can, if not paying close attention, use up their planting resources on the challenge where they will get very little in return.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    I too think that anyone who starts building or upgrade should also be posted as well as the village league, not sure how this was overlooked when it is done for other coop projects and research. Many other in discussion also think that this needs done ASAP
    I know that GGS is getting ready in a few minutes to do an update, so hopefully this will happen...but then again it maybe the new fishing dock.  We will soon see!
  • JVD (US1) said:
    NO! (not fun)
    Oh. Well this is unfortunate. I just discovered this league challenge business about an hour ago and decided to research it. So it's not worth the hassle? 
    It's like to Temporary farms in that it will suck up your resources. 
    We're not accepting anymore challenges but will continue with edge plants and upgrading the village. That part, I like. Nice gifts from the Captan. 
  • Hello everyone. My name is Mariah. I would like to propose a change in the challenges of coops. A strange thing happened to me. Me and my alliance were "fighting" against another alliance and we were in the lead (we had already won) with a score of 99.9 against 87.8 and suddenly I saw a giant screen with written "YOU HAVE LOST!". I would like to ask how this was possible. Please explain this to me? :(
    If you challenged someone and were wining but were challenged by another coop beneath you and they got all first it makes you automatically lose the challenged one.  The whole thing just is a hot mess.
    From what I gather from both comments above from Mariah and Damaria, that it is then best to focus on the counter-challenge from the coop just below our level rather than the challenge we initiate with the coop just above our level.  Is this correct?  With the counter-challenge we have less to harvest per item than the challenger, whereas we have more to harvest per item if we challenge the coop above us.  So then the counter-challenge is more achievable.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    From what I gather from both comments above from Mariah and Damaria, that it is then best to focus on the counter-challenge from the coop just below our level rather than the challenge we initiate with the coop just above our level.  Is this correct?  With the counter-challenge we have less to harvest per item than the challenger, whereas we have more to harvest per item if we challenge the coop above us.  So then the counter-challenge is more achievable.
    Depends on what you have to collect, though.  Sometimes the challenge you initiate might have a better mix of things your coop can easily harvest.
  • There needs to be a "Decline" button when being challenged?

If there is one, I didn't see it. If there isn't one, there needs to be.
    I hit the X button top right and instead of canceling, we were entered into a challenge that we do not want!

This has torn the co-op apart from confusion and anger. Enough is enough.

I have a young group and each challenge has resulted us in losing status.
    There is none this goes on 24/7  365 days  I am now of the opinion that the developers hate us if they play like they say they do then they wouldn't have brought such piece of garbage.
  • Well, maybe it's time to find another game. There are many on the internet. I like the ones that you pay once and all the upgrades are free.
  • If a co-op doesn't want to play village league challenge, they shouldn't be forced to!

If this isn't rectified. I will quit.
    If a co-op doesn't want to play village league challenge, they shouldn't be forced to!

If this isn't rectified. I will quit.
    For the time being, those coops that don't want to do the VCs simply ignore them and go about their farming.  We keep finding ourselves in one, but we just grow and harvest what we need to for our farms, not what the challenge dictates.  If we slip down, so be it.  It's the only way until/if they fix this hot mess.
  • I don't think I care to play anymore. Too aggravating. All they need to do is install an Accept/Decline button. That would solve that problem.

I don't like being forced to do a challenge that I don't want to do. It's expensive because the gold spent to bring your co-op up is wasted due to VL challenges.
    Totally wg headed.
    We pretend we aren't being forced.  We just farm on, ignoring the whole thing.  And we sure as heck aren't spending any gold on something as messed up as this thing is. LOL!
    Well artful that is easier said than done,  we have people who think it is cute to hit the challenge button, does not matter how much you explain.  Then even when told to ignore it, it is a distraction for many  I am about sick to death of Big Farm.  Take this mess away.
    Well artful that is easier said than done,  we have people who think it is cute to hit the challenge button, does not matter how much you explain.  Then even when told to ignore it, it is a distraction for many  I am about sick to death of Big Farm.  Take this mess away.
    LOL!  A member doesn't even have to hit the challenge button, another team can challenge. By "ignore," I just meant a lot of coops pretend it isn't happening when/if they find themselves in a challenge.  
    I understood you perfectly and I understand how this works reasonably well but telling people to ignore something does not work well it is a major distraction for many.  The lag in the game is so Bad and I have gone out cleared but really no improvement.  While I like the Japan event  my frustration is over flowing a game should not leave you feeling all this.
    I understood you perfectly and I understand how this works reasonably well but telling people to ignore something does not work well it is a major distraction for many.  The lag in the game is so Bad and I have gone out cleared but really no improvement.  While I like the Japan event  my frustration is over flowing a game should not leave you feeling all this.
    Agreed.  Adult beverages help.  :)
  • There needs to be a "Decline" button when being challenged?

If there is one, I didn't see it. If there isn't one, there needs to be.
    I hit the X button top right and instead of canceling, we were entered into a challenge that we do not want!

This has torn the co-op apart from confusion and anger. Enough is enough.

I have a young group and each challenge has resulted us in losing status.
    @Farmer John71 (US1) I can understand the logic of wanting to decline a challenge that you do not like, however if you think about the consequences of adding that option, it would create a situation where a coop that did not wish to participate in the league at all, would never challenge the coop above them & declined every challenge from the coop below them & thereby create a block in the league that no coop could ever pass. Once you have several of those throughout the rankings, the league would be unworkable.

The coop league is optional, so if your coop do not wish to take part, you can simply ignore the challenges & not be concerned about whether or not you drop in rank. If you do wish to participate, but have a coop below you that makes challenges you do not like, then your best option is to challenge the coop above yours & win, so that you move out of range of said coop.
  • I think I'll quit the game and find one that doesn't force such a negative play on me and others as well.

I liked it a lot and e sunk a few hundred dollars into it.

That ends today.
  • Vessarria (US1)Vessarria (US1) US1 Posts: 86
    way around that is if they hit the decline button the coop challenging automatically wins.  Thus those that want to participate in this Cluster..mess.. can advance and compete against other like minded coops.  And those that do not eventually get left alone to farm in peace.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @WascallyWabbit  It would actually be possible to implement a "Decline" button but the effect of it would have to be that you immediately lost the challenge and swapped places with the challenging co-op below you. This would allow you to swiftly drop to the bottom where all dis-interested co-ops would collect. It would also mean that those who were interested in competing could move up more easily.
  • Vessarria (US1)Vessarria (US1) US1 Posts: 86
    :P no Copying Uncle John!! lol we must have been posting at the same time!! GMTA!!! =)
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I was thinking the same as @Vessarria (US1) and @Uncle John (GB1), Coop that declines would forfeit to the other coop, keeping everything moving for those few coops that need to win at all costs.
    edited 27.04.2017
    OR a "decline/opt out" button that takes you out of all challenges completely. You wouldn't be in the group of available coops to challenge so you wouldn't be messing up the system. And the option could be unchecked at a future date should you want to participate again.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
This discussion has been closed.