Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Apr 12th - Cooperative Village, League, Meadow and Captain Yarnacle - Discussion

Comments

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Well at this point who knows so busy upgrading factories and bank and getting horse meadow built now,  not sure and there is so little info at this time so I have it on the back burner If I have a bit extra wood I am donating and am trying to get some data on personal friend benefit. I will keep you posted.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994

I don't really understand this fixing the boat. Could someone explain it to me please?

We partially fix the boat and then it leaves. Does it come back with more damage? If we completely repair the boat, will it come back damaged again? This sounds like a perpetual nightmare of constantly throwing resources down a black hole, or is it boat hull?

I maybe able to shed some light on this Jetty as well.
     From my understanding once your co op builds the Jetty it goes for it's maiden voyage. After returning there will 25% damage to 3 part of the boat, Haul, stowage cabin. Your team then would have to donate/supply the required amounts of materials for each area before it leaves again. If your team is able to do this, then your group could earn some very nice rewards once it returns.
     At which time your team again would have to repair it again. Now say your team was not able to get all the repairs done to the boat, then the amounts of materials for the repairs will go up, 25% each trip.
    I would suggest that groups wait until they have their other village building up to the point where they can make the stuff required to completely repair the boat before even thinking on building it.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557

Now that's a positive approach and fine explanation, well done @Data King (US1)  Now this really helps people forward instead of just leaving them feeling miserable about the Yarnacle feature!

THANKS DK! :+1:
  • aquilawolf (US1)aquilawolf (US1) US1 Posts: 104
    Does a person have to put in a certain amount of repair materials befor the personal lists appear ?
    Ok our boat is nearly full except 4% 1 % and 3 %  there is only 1 item needed to fill those  nails the player did donate some materials but our coop is out of the nails m & m factory upgrading  person says they have no personal lists even showing to donate to fill friendship meter ( the bakery goods and stuff )
    edited 29.04.2017
    Well I donated maximum amt of personal friendship items got nothing at all from the pirate captin,  did I miss a boat docking  so like I said why should we donate items and a lot of each if we get nothing in return.  So until I find something favorable that it actually works in our favor it is thumbs down.  I don't understand why you cant donate with what you have there  another bug I think  aquilawolf
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    Ok our boat is nearly full except 4% 1 % and 3 %  there is only 1 item needed to fill those  nails the player did donate some materials but our coop is out of the nails m & m factory upgrading  person says they have no personal lists even showing to donate to fill friendship meter ( the bakery goods and stuff )
    As far as I know the you cannot donate those bakery goods and stuff unless you have filled the friendship bar to 25%. At least that is my experience.

Well I donated maximum amt of personal friendship items got nothing at all from the pirate captin,  did I miss a boat docking  so like I said why should we donate items and a lot of each if we get nothing in return.  So until I find something favorable that it actually works in our favor it is thumbs down.  I don't understand why you cant donate with what you have there  another bug I think  aquilawolf

I also feel frustrating that if you can only see the boat once a day (instead of twice) you pretty much lost what you gave since you get nothing in return. Another thing I found later is that, if the boat is too wrecked there is no point in filling the whole friendship bar. In the friendship bar it shows what size of box you will get if you reach that level and sometimes you will see that the box has a green tick and others a hammer. There is only point in filling the friendship bar to the ones that have the green tick. Otherwise donations are pretty much lost once again...
    This feature needs some fixing. Plus that the boat now comes while everybody is sleeping and working, because of some misunderstandings, it is horrible. The leaving schedules of the boat are currently for our coop really bad and there should be a way to change the departure schedule. I have asked couple of times about how to change it and still I'm waiting for a response...
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    Is there a feed for Village Challenges? I DO NOT agree that ANYONE in the co-operative that has been there for one month can start a challenge? I research all of the options. AND, WHILE I am researching which will be best for ALL of our members, someone chooses one. Without even thinking?

NOT GOOD GGS! Why or should someone who is level 20, even though they have been there a month, be able to choose what 30 or more other members are going to have to do? they do not even understand the farming system yet, WHY  should the be able to just CHOOSE?
    If it is not a deputy or leader, then should they have to VOTE to start a challenge, as you have made it in the Village for upgrades?

PLEASE  make the challenges a VOTE for anyone who is not a deputy or leader.

thank you.

Holidayrox
  • Does a person have to put in a certain amount of repair materials befor the personal lists appear ?
    You have to get your personal meter to 25% or one of the 3 areas has to be fully repaired (display 0%).  Once an area is complete the optional treat boxes appear for even those members who don't have building supplies to give.

You also have to check for the green check marks for each repair area, they appear once the repair % is under 10, so 9% and the check mark appears. You need all 3 to get 3 rows of personal boxes.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 29.04.2017
    Is there a feed for Village Challenges? I DO NOT agree that ANYONE in the co-operative that has been there for one month can start a challenge? I research all of the options. AND, WHILE I am researching which will be best for ALL of our members, someone chooses one. Without even thinking?

NOT GOOD GGS! Why or should someone who is level 20, even though they have been there a month, be able to choose what 30 or more other members are going to have to do? they do not even understand the farming system yet, WHY  should the be able to just CHOOSE?
    If it is not a deputy or leader, then should they have to VOTE to start a challenge, as you have made it in the Village for upgrades?

PLEASE  make the challenges a VOTE for anyone who is not a deputy or leader.

thank you.

Holidayrox
    Good point of course, but why vote? Makes no sense either. I'd leave it in the power of leader and deputies as everythng else which concerns cooperative.

Actually I'd remove voting even for upgrades. However bad the system of cooperatives is, leader and deputies are there for a reason, hopefully couse they have some sense, understand the game, have some responsibility and maturity about themselves etc. Why should players who don't even bother to communicate (and there are many like that in most every cooperative) have any right to make decisions about cooperative activities? It completely defies the management system of coops and turns it into an anarchy.
    Thank You Mia111 I think that is what I was looking for  --  it means we have to change the way we fill the boat to give other players a chance at their personal box --  several of us were here when the boat arrived and we just dumped everything we could in it to get it filled - the player that could not get personals showed up after us and was only able to donate smaller amounts possibly not reaching 25 % on friendship meter and so the personals list did not show up for them
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    As far as I know the you cannot donate those bakery goods and stuff unless you have filled the friendship bar to 25%. At least that is my experience.
    If any of the 3 parts of the boat (Hull, Stowage, or Cabin) are at 0%, meaning that part of the boat is FULLY REPAIRED, then everyone in the Co-Op gets the 3 "extra" donation buttons at the bottom of THAT part of the boat, regardless of their current Friendship level.

For example, if the CABIN is 100% repaired, then even someone who has not donated anything to the boat (0% Friendship) will get the 3 options at the bottom of the CABIN menu to donate the extra stuff - flowers, cookies, turnovers, etc.. (The items are random).

Once a member has donated enough to get the friendship meter to 25%, then the extra donation buttons will appear at the bottom of ALL of the 3 different parts of the boat, regardless of whether they've been fully repaired or not.
  • I don't like the boat....period....there is nothing good about it. 
    I don't like upgrading village factories, watching happiness go down, cost go up with no way to improve the situation.
    I would like to drop out of the village but that would mean leaving my co-op. I like my co-op. 
    Yup, I am sad about this.
    If any of the 3 parts of the boat (Hull, Stowage, or Cabin) are at 0%, meaning that part of the boat is FULLY REPAIRED, then everyone in the Co-Op gets the 3 "extra" donation buttons at the bottom of THAT part of the boat, regardless of their current Friendship level.

I didn't know that, so thank you :). Not that we will have a chance to get anything to 0% given his schedules...

• Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448

I didn't know that, so thank you :). Not that we will have a chance to get anything to 0% given his schedules...

I THINK (not 100% sure) that I've figured out a bit on his schedule.  It appears that he cycles on a 12 hours trip; a portion of that cycle being when he is sailing, and a portion when he is in dock.  Those portions change depending on how much repair is done to his boat.  More repair = less sailing time/more time at dock when he returns.  IF you can get more repair done, next time he's back, the whole coop should have more time to interact with the boat.

We haven't done enough repair yet to see if the 12 hour cycle parts shorten or lengthen in any way that would adjust the cycle across the hours of the day. (ie becomes an 9 or 15 hour cycle)
  • I agree with ..Holidayrox.  Someone in my coop starts a challenge, but no one collects the items. It's very frustrating!  
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 01.05.2017
    As I pointed out with each upgrade to the M & M factory you can make 1% more. So upgrading the factory to level 10 we should be able to make about 60 nails per batch.
    But that isn't my question, I understand that, my question is at what level does the nuumber of batches you can make increase like with the other production facilities you are not stuck with just being able to make 2 batches at a time.   A level 1 mill allows 2 batches at a time but a level 8 allows 28 batches.  Will the number of batches increase as the levels of the factories increase?
    Update our M & M factory is now level 8 and we can now make 55 nails per batch allowing us 2 batches for 110 nails in about 12 mins. I'll try to keep an update going.
    M & M at lvl 9 makes 56 nails per batch still only allowed 2 batches.
    Post edited by Data King (US1) on
    Thank you Southern --  that worked also --  on this next boat we were able to fill 2 parts to 100 % complete and everyone was able to fill the personal happiness
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    Can anyone know what is the benefit of horse meadow in village league ? after filing love meter the horseand breed them , then horse ask more training points for next lv
    Update on village buildings unhappiness: Upgrade T&T to level 2 added -1 VHP. So it was -6 VHP for level 1, but -1 VHP for level 2. That should explain why my numbers fit low developped village, but not more developped one. Assuming that further upgrades stay on -1 and that M&M follows the suit, the numbers would now looke like this:

T&T plus M&M factories  -6 VHP + -99 (-1 per level) which would be -210 VHP for both when completed.
    Bank probably -4 per level, so -200 for full building.
    Warehouse -2 per level so -40 for full
    That makes total of -450 VHP.

That looks a lot better then previous guesses although Yarnacle and Meadow are not included, which will probably mess thinks up again. :)

Diligent players can check if this formula fits their co-op data any better.

Any comments or corrections, throw them in. :)

NOTE: It could also be that both Bank and Warehouse started on -3 for build and then add -2 for each upgrade.which would knock another 100 off the total but that I will find out when upgrading Bank if it added -4 as assumed or -2. Anyone has this info?

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Update on village buildings unhappiness: Upgrade T&T to level 2 added -1 VHP. So it was -6 VHP for level 1, but -1 VHP for level 2. That should explain why my numbers fit low developped village, but not more developped one. Assuming that further upgrades stay on -1 and that M&M follows the suit, the numbers would now looke like this:

T&T plus M&M factories  -6 VHP + -99 (-1 per level) which would be -210 VHP for both when completed.

That looks a lot better then previous guesses although Yarnacle and Meadow are not included, which will probably mess thinks up again. :)

NOTE: It could also be that both Bank and Warehouse started on -3 for build and then add -2 for each upgrade.which would knock another 100 off the total but that I will find out when upgrading Bank if it added -4 as assumed or -2. Anyone has this info?

I have a test account on INT1 that *only* has a level 1 bank and a level 12 warehouse (from Dennis).. My Village (un)happiness is -28.

That would make your -2 per warehouse level and -4 per bank level right on target.

I have a test account on INT1 that *only* has a level 1 bank and a level 12 warehouse (from Dennis).. My Village (un)happiness is -28.

That would make your -2 per warehouse level and -4 per bank level right on target.
    That's where I started with my data collection. But -3 for base building and -2 per further levels of Bank would give the same total. 2x3=6 for both base and 2x11=22 for level ups of Bank totals 28 also.

I THINK (not 100% sure) that I've figured out a bit on his schedule.  It appears that he cycles on a 12 hours trip; a portion of that cycle being when he is sailing, and a portion when he is in dock.  Those portions change depending on how much repair is done to his boat.  More repair = less sailing time/more time at dock when he returns.  IF you can get more repair done, next time he's back, the whole coop should have more time to interact with the boat.

We haven't done enough repair yet to see if the 12 hour cycle parts shorten or lengthen in any way that would adjust the cycle across the hours of the day. (ie becomes an 9 or 15 hour cycle)
    I know how it works: it comes twice a day. the arrival time every time might differ depending on the status of the ship. The departure time is fixed. Sadly in my coop the departure time is at 6am and 6pm, meaning that when he's docked most of the players are sleeping or working... That is why I said that no chance of getting anything to 0%, since we struggle to catch him at all... I would really know if there is a way to change the departure hours...
  • How does everyone feel about the village league? I personally do not care for it. What is the point?
  • 7okkoo (INT1)7okkoo (INT1) INT1 Posts: 44
    just another way to make players spend there gold and money !!
    Thinking about Irish chicken coop in Japanese Golden week event, I found one reward that would make me willing to go through the hassle of the village - namely cooperative orchards. :) If somebody finds them somewhere at the end of the tunel let me know. :)
  • Bufo (AU1)Bufo (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    HI All,

Well the weekly reset has taken place & it is now a bit more clear what the "bug" was, but the good news is that no one should have lost anything. 

Normally what "should" happen, is that the 1st time you login after the Sunday night reset of medals, you will get a pop-up which allows you to go to the store to exchange your medals or to close the store and have them converted into Village dollars. However, as you probably noticed, this week if you went to the store, it showed your medal balance as 0, so you could not exchange them, but when you close the store, your medals are still correctly converted into Village dollars.

This should be fixed before next weeks reset, so that you will get the last chance to exchange your medals, before they are converted.

It didn't get fixed.  Same problem occurred this week too.
    It didn't get fixed this week either.

Once again, the weekly ranking totals cannot be accessed in the Rewards shop, and get turned into village dollars :(
    HATE IT 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 01.05.2017
    LOL , I made a slight change to that picture @artful (US1)

Sign In to comment.