Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update April 5th - Changes to Cooperative Championship Rewards & Easter Search - Discussion

Comments

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Eggs just reset.

So they either fixed the Day 1 bug, or it's a fluke.

I'm hoping it's fixed. :)
    Easter Egg Locations:

For those of you who like to build maps for your Co-Ops like we do, here's about 50 or so locations to get you started:

http://imgur.com/a/ay8wY

Props to the Artist who did the egg hiding this time around, some of these locations are just plain sadistic to some of us color-blind folks. :)

*Shuffles off to find some Excedrin*

Here's 30-ish more locations from today.

Enjoy! :)

http://imgur.com/a/YkCBR

• noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    Easter Egg Hunt messed up. Instead of losing hours now you lose a whole day. Easter Egg Hunt started the afternoon of 4/7. At 11 pm lost a day but eggs didn't reset & didn't reset at midnight either. Afternoon of 4/8 eggs reset but lost another day. This stinks instead of losing hours now we're losing a day.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 09.04.2017
    According to the actual timer, we had 240 hours, or 10 full days, when the event started yesterday at 6 pm EST.  Unless they short us at the end again. 
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Mailili (SKN1)Mailili (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 6
    Larger eggs and easier to find. Ha ha ha LOL!!

• Here's 30-ish more locations from today.

Enjoy! :)

http://imgur.com/a/YkCBR

Thank you so much Southern (US1) !!  I knew I had found 7 eggs on the flower farm & on the cooperative village, 8...but they are showing I am one shy on both of them (although you are only showing 6 in the village).
    Sorry I didn't take pictures  :/

Your showings of all the flower farm locations proves mistakes can be made by the game.  Shame shame know your name GGS  o:)  ...I know you will fix these little bugs that keep bugging me..hehe...to keep looking for that last blasted egg THAT I have found.

Nothing but  love for you GGS  <3  For a most loved game by many !

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    THANKS @Southern (US1)  for all the pictures of hided eggs!!
    'tis no problem.  I do it for our Leader, she turns them into Maps so we have a quick reference to where all the locations are.  :)  CBF links to another Co-Op that does the same thing, but the colors they use --- ugh. Definitely not for the color blind. :)

Sad thing is, even WITH the maps, this event is the first time I've STILL had to use Magnifier to see the locations, even when I know where all the location(s) are.  I tell ya, this hunt is the most sadistic yet. :)
    'tis no problem.  I do it for our Leader, she turns them into Maps so we have a quick reference to where all the locations are.  :)  CBF links to another Co-Op that does the same thing, but the colors they use --- ugh. Definitely not for the color blind. :)

Sad thing is, even WITH the maps, this event is the first time I've STILL had to use Magnifier to see the locations, even when I know where all the location(s) are.  I tell ya, this hunt is the most sadistic yet. :)
    I know, I know ... not very nice for our old eyes! I just wanted to ask you to pass me the bottle during the next eight days after you poured yourself one (or more?)  
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    LOL!  Someone needs to teach GGS the difference between "hidden" and "buried." :)
  • What the hay is up with the easter hunt? When IS ROLLOVER? I was expecting it to be at 9PST and it was much earlier??? I am pretty sure thats what it was for the darn heart balloons and Candie, why is it different now? I think it'd be really great to have some osrt of timer relative to the current day to find whatever it is we need to find. I am so upset, now I dont think I can get the bunny house :(
    What the hay is up with the easter hunt? When IS ROLLOVER? I was expecting it to be at 9PST and it was much earlier??? I am pretty sure thats what it was for the darn heart balloons and Candie, why is it different now? I think it'd be really great to have some osrt of timer relative to the current day to find whatever it is we need to find. I am so upset, now I dont think I can get the bunny house :(
    Reset is occurring at Midnight CEST.  That's 6PM Eastern/5PM Central/3PM Pacific.
  • What the hay is up with the easter hunt? When IS ROLLOVER? I was expecting it to be at 9PST and it was much earlier??? I am pretty sure thats what it was for the darn heart balloons and Candie, why is it different now? I think it'd be really great to have some osrt of timer relative to the current day to find whatever it is we need to find. I am so upset, now I dont think I can get the bunny house :(
    Reset is occurring at Midnight CEST.  That's 6PM Eastern/5PM Central/3PM Pacific.
    Why did it change for this event?
    What the hay is up with the easter hunt? When IS ROLLOVER? I was expecting it to be at 9PST and it was much earlier??? I am pretty sure thats what it was for the darn heart balloons and Candie, why is it different now? I think it'd be really great to have some osrt of timer relative to the current day to find whatever it is we need to find. I am so upset, now I dont think I can get the bunny house :(
    Why did it change for this event?
    Because the timer has been broken for over a year.

In the past, the first day of the Hunt (whether it be for easter eggs, pumpkins, valentine hearts, candies, etc.) was always only 6 hours long, instead of a full 24 hours (and the last day was 42 hours long).  This caused many people to miss the 1st day.

Now, at least with this event, EACH day is 24 hours long. Hopefully it's because they (finally) fixed the bug, and not just a fluke - but I haven't seen a Dev come in here yet and confirm that one way or the other.
  • Those eggs could be the size of an elephant and still impossible to find if only a teeny tiny sliver is showing. You know the old saying about "size doesn't matter!", it's what you do with it. GGS is keeping it too well hidden, to the point of being almost completely hidden behind other objects.
  • !!!_391417 (AU1)!!!_391417 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 17
    edited 10.04.2017
    It is hard to find the eggs but when you find them it is really obvious
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    So apparently GGS made the eggs bigger but whats the point if a third of the egg is buried in a bush, the water or the ground. It may be bigger but the section of egg showing is a lot smaller than last year, thanks GGS lol.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    Today, out of "desperation", I was looking for eggs even on the sky ............. lol . No, seriously, it's not better. As difficult as before, or even worse. :)
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

@Rowdy Rac  @Marowit

Hi Rowdy,

I didn't see anywhere in the announcement that the hard work part of the Coop Championship was going to be modified

We even had @Marowit on this thread,who wanted to explain and make "absolutely clear" the changes that were implemented by this last update, yet no mention of the fact that this time to reach the top hard work prize we need 80 million Reputation points and not 60 million as it should be

So why is that ?  

First of all why did GGS  avoid to mention this very important change in the announcement ?

Moreover, why has the amount of Reps required to reach prize # 106 been raised to 80 million, 20 million more than it was, 25% more than it was ?

The threshold of 60 million has been set no longer than a month or so ago, when GGS made yet another change to CC and made it a more frequent 4 day event:  at that point the event time was shortened and the requirements to reach the various milestones decreased accordingly. Now they have been increased again, on what ground ?

This deceptive behavior is despicable

• mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    Why were the points at which you achieve the hard worker rewards changed, specially changed without previous notice? Was this intentional or a mistake?

When the length of the cc changed from a week to the current 4 days length ggs said that all the rewards will be scaled accordingly. In the gold league that meant that the top reward needing 100 million reputation points was scaled to 60 million reputation points. And this was the case until the previous cc. In this cc this is no longer the case: ggs not only changed the rewards but the reputation points needed to get them. However in the announcement there was nothing regarding the scaling of the amount of reputation points needed. Moreover, the length of the cc has not been increased either, so why the change? Why were the points increased?

The change came to our coop as a surprise and as a bitter disappointment, as we were trying to get all the rewards and we reached 60 million only to feel frustrated and discouraged. This doesn't feel right. It feels that some crucial information is being deliberately hidden.
  • janajana (GB1)janajana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 34
    i agree with 
    mia111 (GB1) and PCA (GB1)

all this cc is a big disaster.
    1. ggs forgot to start cc - our loss
    firework and double rep.points for one hour are not compensation... not all people can be online 24/7 and notice about compensation was 2 hours before it..
    where is compensation for used gold, spec.seeds, etc ?

2. what kind of competition is , if you can buy your position ? you don't need even once harvest your farm....
    running flash sales during all cc is ridiculous...

3. improvement hard work prizes....do you mean pranks ?  
    yes, i can't stop laughing what i spent my money for .....

4. most important complains....change of amount of reputation points for hard work
    why did you increase this from 60mil. to 80milions?
    and without notice?
    we worked hard to reach all prizes... what a big surprise for us when we achieved 60 milions.... 

well done ggs....

• loron (GB1)loron (GB1) GB1 Posts: 58
    edited 10.04.2017
    Hello can any admin explain why the CC hard worker as been changed from 60 million to 80 million ? when the CC was for 7 days it was set at 100 million yet now it is 3 days it as been set to 80 million why as GG done this ? and surely players should of been warned of the change before the start of the CC . I think GG's Big gold cow should be put on a diet it as got too greedy by far. And is no longer thinking of the players but just it's big gold stomach. Also when did the game become about how much gold you can spent to buy the RP to win the CC? I thought the CC was about players pitting themselves against each other but it would seem you do not have to even do a mission all you have to do is buy enough gold sit back and buy the RP points from the flash sale???? this is not fair to anyone apart from those buying the points instead of earning them in missions. well that's my view anyway the game is being spoilt. 
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @PCA (GB1)
    @mia111 (GB1)

You are both quite correct and your anger and disappointment fully understandable.
    I will be completely honest with you and admit that that Official Announcement was easily the worst executed OA ever (and I curse that it fell to me to have been the one who had to pass it along,  lol). The channels of communication did not function well at all and the announcement had to be edited 4 times, even after it was posted (which, in OA terms is almost sacrilege).

Having said all that, the questions you just asked where echoed earlier today by many different mods from the different forums, and this is the answer we were given:

It was by no means intended to be deceptive but resulted from oversight and lack of thorough checking of the announcement.  The information should have been there, but was missed. There is no benefit to the company to keep this from the players intentionally, because of course you will notice it, and you will be mad. That would be shooting themselves in the foot.

We were also given an explanation for the increase in reputation points needed to reach the final reward, and it is as follow:  the decoration that make up the final reward is more valuable than the one before because it has Village happiness attached to it, therefore it should be harder to obtain.

I hope this answers some of your questions.  If you have more I will gladly pass them along to the team and attempt to get an answer for you.

Rowdy
    Despite all the trouble this OA gave you ... good for you Rowdy!! Most of us do know you Mod's do your utmost!

Thanks for passing on the explanation/answers ... I - as many others - was wondering also and therefore keeping an eye on this thread  ;)
  • In the Co-Op challenge did anyone get their 100 decoration parts? Cause we passed that goal and still shows no check mark.
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 10.04.2017
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @PCA (GB1)
    @mia111 (GB1)

You are both quite correct and your anger and disappointment fully understandable.
    I will be completely honest with you and admit that that Official Announcement was easily the worst executed OA ever (and I curse that it fell to me to have been the one who had to pass it along,  lol). The channels of communication did not function well at all and the announcement had to be edited 4 times, even after it was posted (which, in OA terms is almost sacrilege).

Having said all that, the questions you just asked where echoed earlier today by many different mods from the different forums, and this is the answer we were given:

It was by no means intended to be deceptive but resulted from oversight and lack of thorough checking of the announcement.  The information should have been there, but was missed. There is no benefit to the company to keep this from the players intentionally, because of course you will notice it, and you will be mad. That would be shooting themselves in the foot.

We were also given an explanation for the increase in reputation points needed to reach the final reward, and it is as follow:  the decoration that make up the final reward is more valuable than the one before because it has Village happiness attached to it, therefore it should be harder to obtain.

I hope this answers some of your questions.  If you have more I will gladly pass them along to the team and attempt to get an answer for you.

Rowdy
    @Rowdy Rac
     Thank you Rowdy for answering. It does feel that they are shooting their foot. I do however not find the explanation fully satisfactory: the increase needed of rep points for the rewards is not applied only to the last one, but to several as at 60 mill rep points we are still missing the last 4-5 ones and that it is not justified by the sentence "the decoration that make up the final reward is more valuable than the one before because it has Village happiness attached to it, therefore it should be harder to obtain." as many of the previous rewards such as the gold mystery box are the same than in previous ccs. That sentence would only explain an increase in the last reward, not in several of them.
  • loron (GB1)loron (GB1) GB1 Posts: 58
    edited 11.04.2017
    Thank you Rowdy Rac for explaining but the change does not merit the worth of the final prize another 20 million on top of the 60 million?? as to buy it in the flash sale  it costs just over 649,000 dollars  nor does it explain why GG decided to put millions of points up for grabs in the flash sale so  those who buy enough gold can buy the points to buy their way to the top 10 in all leagues  instead of doing the missions? will the next CC be called GOLD RUN? after all it is all about buying gold now isn't it? as a player who as brought a vast amount of gold in the past to upgrade my farm and also speed my crops in the CC ..you can be sure I will no longer be buying gold nor will i be taking part in any future CC's until it is made fair to all players lets just say if your big gold cow as to rely on me to feed it ..it will starve to death. one very irate player  :(

Post edited by loron (GB1) on
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    PCA (GB1) said:

@Rowdy Rac  @Marowit

Hi Rowdy,

I didn't see anywhere in the announcement that the hard work part of the Coop Championship was going to be modified

We even had @Marowit on this thread,who wanted to explain and make "absolutely clear" the changes that were implemented by this last update, yet no mention of the fact that this time to reach the top hard work prize we need 80 million Reputation points and not 60 million as it should be

So why is that ?  

First of all why did GGS  avoid to mention this very important change in the announcement ?

Moreover, why has the amount of Reps required to reach prize # 106 been raised to 80 million, 20 million more than it was, 25% more than it was ?

The threshold of 60 million has been set no longer than a month or so ago, when GGS made yet another change to CC and made it a more frequent 4 day event:  at that point the event time was shortened and the requirements to reach the various milestones decreased accordingly. Now they have been increased again, on what ground ?

This deceptive behavior is despicable

My thoughts on the increase.......its because GGS have left the flash sales on the entire CC, that along with the wheel has given players the option to buy rankings and hard work rewards. They are probably hoping the CC becomes an auction with desperate players willing to buy rep points and throw obscene amounts of gold at it every fortnight. Unfortunately their strategy seems to be working and I don't see it getting any fairer as long as that handful of gullible players continue to take the bait.
    edited 11.04.2017
    @Rowdy Rac  @gizmo22 (AU1)  

Gizmo, your interpretation differs quite a bit from the explanation offered by @Rowdy Rac   (just a couple messages above yours)

The flash sales are yet another problem, we need to know from GGS if we have to expect that from now on flash sales will accompany every CC with any excuse, whether Easter or St Patrick or any other minor twitch in a calendar year.

These flash sales do indeed change the face of the CC, from a mission competition to  yet another complex camouflage for gold sales, as if there weren't already enough ways to buy REPs and alter the results.  GGS seems to have decided to focus on selling reputation points while the CC is running. It's their marketing choice, we players can only decide if we still like to play the game 

Once again the way things are changed, the deception used to introduce new parameters without prior notice and, above all, the way any form of actual competition is spoiled by the "game makers" decreases the interest in the game and the trust I have in the company

Post edited by PCA (GB1) on
    edited 11.04.2017
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @PCA (GB1)
    @mia111 (GB1)

.............  the decoration that make up the final reward is more valuable than the one before because it has Village happiness attached to it, therefore it should be harder to obtain..................

Rowdy

Thank you Rowdy for quick reply :smile:

In my opinion, the explanation offered by GGS makes no sense at all, and I don't even want to waste time re-discussing what has already  been discussed over and over in the past.

The total of 60 million was an adjustment made just recently, and it's gone already. More will be changed and forgotten, GGS knows this and will just wait it out

Very few coops take part in the competition, and even less have ever reached the goal to complete the hard work part. 

I wonder, what point is there, what rationale does GGS have to make even more difficult something which is already near to impossible ?

I wished GGS had focused on the competition part of this event,  instead of focusing on finding new ways to sell reputation points 

Overall, GGS has yet to learn to listen to players suggestions, and they never will 

Sign In to comment.