Home EN Contests & Awards

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Big Farm Contest - Kitty, kitty… Where are you?

CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod)CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 845
edited 16.04.2017 in Contests & Awards

Hello Big Farmers!

20170308_bf_cat_conteb4u50png

Do you also feel like something is missing on your farms? What would you say to a fluffy, four legged guest with sharp claws and teeth, who would maybe look a bit like a cotton ball and - as we’ve all heard - would have 9 lives?

Just imagine that there could be another reason to visit your farm every day... A fluffy reason  :) A reason, that walks with pride and grace, lifting and lowering each paw with the delicacy of a ballet dancer.
Kitty, kitty… Where are you? It just can’t be true! You can’t find a cat anywhere, and (because of limited resources) our team sadly won’t be able to create a cat for now.  

But wait! Well... maybe all is not lost yet. Let’s not give up hope! There is still someone who could help us create the new fluffy friend, and this is YOU! Our beloved Big Farm Community! We are certain you already have brilliant ideas and we want to invite all of you to take part in this completely new Community project.

That’s right! You really can bring your cat to Big Farm and be proud of having a real input into the game! Isn’t that a great idea? We’ve already talked to our Artists and we all are very excited to get started! Let’s bring a cute kitty who loves to be petted into the Big Farm world!
The idea: You provide our team with your animated cat and we will adapt it for the game for you. Do we have a deal?  ;)

g4blYhApng

Please note, this is a huge project and all good ideas usually take some time, so we would like to split it into two phases! And this is the plan:

1st phase (15.03.2017- 10.05.2017):

• Share with us your ideas and sketches of a cat that you would like to see in the game! Remember that it should be similar to these 2 examples (perspective and proportions) so it can be used in our game.

• Ideally, if you know how to use any software like Adobe Illustrator/Flash or Coreldraw, you can vectorize the cat and send us an .ai .fla or .eps file.

Just two simple examples of how a Big Farm cat could look, in case you need inspiration. Please feel free to make your own assets but use similar perspective and proportions!

• Together with the Big Farm Team, we will gather the best entries and forward them to our Art team.

• Please note: the Art Team will probably need to make some adjustments to the asset.

• As a very last step of the first phase, we will present the final asset to you and grant the gifts for this part of the project to the respective players ;) (below you will find the info about rewards).  

CEpEn2Zpng

2nd phase (31.05.2017 - 26.07.2017):

• At this point we will share the .fla file with you, so you can use it to bring the cat to life with tricks and animations. You can also name the tricks to have even more input to this project! How great is that?! ;)

• We will collect all the animations (.fla files) and our Art team will  to choose the best ones to include in the game (again… we might make some changes and you automatically agree to that by sending us your proposals).

• At some point, after the whole process, the animated cat will finally come to the Big Farm world, hopefully making everyone happy to welcome it to the game (mid/end of August).

Important:  By submitting a drawing/ file to this contest you automatically give us permission to use, reproduce and alter it. It is also important to clarify that the final cat (Community part of the project; made by you) will never be monetized in any way in game.

CEpEn2Zpng

Gifts & rewards:

Creating your own cat and seeing it on Big Farm is most probably the biggest reward for the author of the final animated asset, but we will also have the following gifts and rewards for both phases of this project on top:

The names of winners of each phase of this project will be displayed in the game!

1st phase:

• Players whose ideas will be considered as best and forwarded to the Art team will get 10,000 gold for each asset we will forward to our Artists.

• One Player whose asset is going to be our favorite will get 50,000 gold on top! She/he also can help us to name the cat by giving few suggestions! Isn’t that absolutely fantastic?

2nd phase:

• Players whose animations will be considered as best and forwarded to the Art team will get 10,000 gold for each animation we will forward to our Artists.

• Player(s) whose animation(s) is/are going to be our favorite(s) and make it to the game will get 100,000 gold on top. The winner(s) will also get all stages of a Community cat creation for their farms.

• There is something more on top - up to 5 worldwide best projects will be rewarded with a completely new Community Decoration!

• There is going to be a special goodie from the Big Farm Team for the person, whose animated cat will finally get implemented into the Big Farm world and we will send this goodie to the winner(s) by post with a very special and individual dedication from our team!

CEpEn2Zpng

Please remember:

Goal of this project is to create an animated cat by Big Farm Community and you have a lot of freedom, what do you want to design. Starting from, how this cat should look like going over it’s age, ending up with it’s behavior regarding tricks. Just make it snuggle up in your cozy farm. Go crazy, if you want to, but please consider all officially existing rules regarding copyrights as well as no abusive naming, etc.

Big Farm Team reserves the right to change all projects and adapt them to the existing game conditions, if needed. By sending us any project you automatically agree on giving us rights to use the assets on our platforms and social media channels!

Someone said that: “Meow” means “woof” in cat. Let us officially start the 1st phase of a worldwide Community creation process so we finally can experience a cat in our Big Farm world!

We would like to run this project international, to give every Farmer a chance to participate. Please put your ideas HERE!

g4blYhApng

We wish you a lot of fun and hope to see first results of your creativity very soon!

• Your CM & Big Farm Team!

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    There is something I don't understand. Sorry, but when English is not my language, it's sometimes hard to understand everything. Does this mean that I "need to" create some kind of "virtual cat", animated cat or what with my computer???? Hmmm, gonna be very hard when I hardly know how to play Big Farm :wink::smiley:
    Of course I want a cat in my farm some day. Do I need to do it by myself??? And yes, like to have all that gold as a reward. But more I want that cat, just didn't understand how to do it. 
    Hope someone can explain ? Please :smile:
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    I predicted it 3 years ago that this would happenSmileys Smileys en emoticons Blij; I've always known, that one day we would have our own farm cat on our farms!Smileys Smileys en emoticons Blij

Katten smileys Smileys en emoticons Hurray GGS! Katten smileys Smileys en emoticons

That is - if I understood things right - coz, as Dara says, English is not our native language. Will we all get that final cat on our farms, or only the one who created the cat? I don't work nor do know how to work with that software, so won't be able to participate - although I very, very much could use that gold, after loosing a significant amount because of game lagging...

So, players who can work with that kind of software will create the cat - did I understand this right? And then the second phase: will all players be able to invent tricks or make the animations, choose names for it, etc.??

Katten Smileys Smileys en emoticons
  • Great idea! looking forward. Even though I'm probably not participating. But who knows?

• frajek (PL1)frajek (PL1) PL1 Posts: 14
    edited 17.03.2017

Post edited by frajek (PL1) on
  • CM iSacCM iSac Posts: 2,190
    edited 15.03.2017
    There is something I don't understand. Sorry, but when English is not my language, it's sometimes hard to understand everything. Does this mean that I "need to" create some kind of "virtual cat", animated cat or what with my computer???? Hmmm, gonna be very hard when I hardly know how to play Big Farm :wink::smiley:
    Of course I want a cat in my farm some day. Do I need to do it by myself??? And yes, like to have all that gold as a reward. But more I want that cat, just didn't understand how to do it. 
    Hope someone can explain ? Please :smile:
    Hey Dara,

Everyone can participate but you don't have to participate to get the cat. The people (our big farm artists worldwide) can submit their creations and when the contest gets to an end, we'll hopefully have a very nice Cat to bring to everyone's farm. =)
  • I knew I should have majored in journalism. I would know how to do all that.
  • Too bad,i dont anything about animation creation other then sketching. I think this is a wonderful idea and I hope for the best cat to win!!! Been always wanting a cat to play with on my farm,hopefully it wont cost much gold,like the dog does to teach it tricks. May the best kitty win!!! :smiley:
  • laluna0908 (DE1)laluna0908 (DE1) DE1 Posts: 453
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Is it permissible to use Copyright-free designs from Dover Publications, Inc.?
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 17.03.2017
    Is it permissible to use Copyright-free designs from Dover Publications, Inc.?

I found this cute royalty-free picture of a cat.  If you can use it, great! If not, that's okay.  I am only an "artist in remission" and due to some physical disabilities, drawing is not what I can do anymore.  If you use it, it can be shrunk as small as you desire.

• These are great pictures!!!
  • I would like an idea of what kind of cat you are looking for. Do want it cartoonish,realistic,etc.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I would like an idea of what kind of cat you are looking for. Do want it cartoonish,realistic,etc.
    You might get an idea by looking at the dog as a reference ;)
  • LanaViolet (US1)LanaViolet (US1) Posts: 166
    edited 17.03.2017
     Hmmm...ok thanks!!

If you the play The Sims #,ill bet that would be a great cat to add to the farm.

The Sims 3,I mean. Anyways,i dont have a scanner so im not sure how i can participate in this contest. Maybe i can find some way.

[Posts Merged | Wabbit]
  • BigRoberta (IT1)BigRoberta (IT1) IT1 Posts: 5,183
  •   I found this little nice cat for the farm 

or this

• AmazingRosa (DE1)AmazingRosa (DE1) DE1 Posts: 136
  • polq7878 (BG1)polq7878 (BG1) BG1 Posts: 100
  • polq7878 (BG1)polq7878 (BG1) BG1 Posts: 100
    edited 29.03.2017
     :) 
    Post edited by polq7878 (BG1) on
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    Aren't a lot of these just taken from google image search or other games...? D: I'm sorry but that's a pet peeve of mine, contests like this always bring out blatant art thieves (excluding royalty-free posts but they can't be used much either). "Finding" a picture is not the same as creating something. c: I wish the best of luck to those people who have to go through and cross-check every image because it looks like there will be a lot of stuff stolen directly from other games or google. :(
    Community please, don't disappoint now! You're better than this, I believe in you, you're better than being art thieves! :)
  • FIONA25 (IT1)FIONA25 (IT1) IT1 Posts: 10,665

FROM ITALY. gattafiona

Aren't a lot of these just taken from google image search or other games...? D: I'm sorry but that's a pet peeve of mine, contests like this always bring out blatant art thieves (excluding royalty-free posts but they can't be used much either). "Finding" a picture is not the same as creating something. c: I wish the best of luck to those people who have to go through and cross-check every image because it looks like there will be a lot of stuff stolen directly from other games or google. :(
    Community please, don't disappoint now! You're better than this, I believe in you, you're better than being art thieves! :)

Hear hear @Niryn (INT1) :+1: exactly my thoughts! I fully agree it should be an own creation and do believe this is the intention of this contest....

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 01.09.2017
     Although I'm not skilled enough to make a cat animation, there's one player on this forum that I know could pull it off and provide us with a beautiful cat. :)

@RunsWivScissors (GB1) Pweeeeeez, Scissors, can you make us a kitty cat? Pweeeeeez!  :'(

Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
  • CM iSacCM iSac Posts: 2,190
    Hello everyone!

It's great to see that people want to participate! The sheer will and "cat love" is almost palpable from the distance. But we need to clarify a few things that maybe weren't clear enough in the rules / purpose of the this special contest.

1. Although we love cat sketches, we are expecting something in line with our requirements - quality in general, perspective and style. We trust that we have some very talented people among us that can, if they want, present us all with something special. Otherwise we wouldn't have opened this contest to everyone. :)

2. Originality is a must. We can't use any submission infringing intellectual properties of third parties. We know that other games and animated movies have already some really nice cats. But those are theirs and we want to have our own, created from scratch!

3. It is possible that, during the course of this contest, some posts will be moved to a parallel thread so we can easily follow every important info and submission on this one.

We will try to give you directions as we go. :)

Let's do it!
  • jonquille6 (FR1)jonquille6 (FR1) FR1 Posts: 3,060
    edited 22.03.2017

Bonsoir, N°1.

Creation entirely personal,

EDIT N°2
    EDIT N°3
    EDIT 4 suite ici
    Post edited by jonquille6 (FR1) on
    Yáááááááý!! @jonquille6 (FR1) Katten smileys Smileys en emoticons

I was hoping for your entry - very happy that you are participating!! Katten smileys Smileys en emoticons
    _ _ _ _ _ _

Youpi!! Jonquille Katten smileys Smileys en emoticons

J'espérais votre entrée - très heureux que vous participiez! Katten smileys Smileys en emoticons

This discussion has been closed.