Login Problems? Click here for help!

Fish swimming away again.

I understand there has to be some system to stop people from dumping 100 hogfish at a time but for the casual player who just cleared the stocked fish (carp,bass,bonita,bluefish) and is stocking their expensive fish only to have them swim away for no apparent reason, it is frustrating. Instead of having swim offs that seem to have no rhyme or reason as to when they will do it why not have a limit? Say for example having a limit of 25 at one time? This is still plenty and at least we would know that our investment wont be lost. Lets face it, even if we averaged 1.5 million profit an hour it would still take 100s of hours to put a dent in the capital needed to unlock expansions, pay off the architect, donate to coop, etc.  Please fix fishing or at least give us an explanation or guideline to go by so we dont blindly throw our hard earned farm cash away. Do you honestly think someone is going to buy a sophisticated bait not knowing if they are going to swim away? I'm not saying many people buy those, but having the percentage of swimoffs vary widely from day to day isn't helping the sales any.
maze1on1 @ us 1

Comments

• @GwynethAngie (US1) I have mentioned in bugs earlier, that my Sturgeon are swimming away ATM as early as after only 4mins 30 secs and ALL sturgeon have gone after only 5mins. very frustrating

• aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) Posts: 1,045
    @GwynethAngie (US1)

I think that fishing swiming away is intensional and not a bug.  It seams that there are two rools of fish dissapearing as far as I was able to figure out myself or found on forum:

1. After 30 minutes the pond resets. So when you open a pond, you have 30 minutes time to put the baits and fish them out. After 30 minutes, all fish left in a pond will disapear and will be replaced with the start position (bass and carp or bonito and bluefish)

2. Every fish has its "expiering time", meaning that every fish will stay in a pond for some time and if it not hooked, will swim out of the pond. The times seem a little random (fixed time + random time), but no fish will swim out of pond imediatelly after you put the bait. You will allways have a couple of minutes to catch it.

3. If you close the pond and reopen it soon after some fish swim out of the pond, the pond will show this fish again and they will swim out of the pond very soon (not giving you any chance to catch them). But this is o.k., as this fish are already lost, this is just a remainder of it. I do not now if this is a bug or intentional. So to summerize. The fish that swimm out of the screen after some time are the one you really lost. The ones that swimm out of the screen  in first couple of seconds after opening the screen are just double counting and you can ignore them. They are not realy lost (or better to say, they are ALLREADY lost).

So, if you do not want to loose any baits (or money), do the following:
    1.  Put only a couple of baits in a pond and fish them out before you put any additional baits in the pond.
    2. Stop fishing about 25 minutes after your opened a pond for the first time (You can close and reopen a pond a couple of times without loss. After each reopening of the pond, number of fishes stay the same, but the size and position change - so closing and reopening the pond can be a good strategy to get a better position of the wanted type of fish),

• @aaabbb1 (INT1) but they should not be swimming away after only 4mins 30secs.  I have done a massive amount of fishing and this is not normal.  I was hoping to get to level 60 today, but this has stopped this from happening, last fishing attempt I only got 24 sturgeon b4 the rest swam away.  Normally I do 50 before I lose any

• edited 01.03.2017
    I just looked back through bugs, by coincident that EXACT same happened on the 1 Feb, is the going to happen 1st of every month?  Problem fixed itself, I am wondering if CC countdown timer is causing problem @WascallyWabbit

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,558
    @GwynethAngie (US1)

I think that fishing swiming away is intensional and not a bug.  It seams that there are two rools of fish dissapearing as far as I was able to figure out myself or found on forum:

1. After 30 minutes the pond resets. So when you open a pond, you have 30 minutes time to put the baits and fish them out. After 30 minutes, all fish left in a pond will disapear and will be replaced with the start position (bass and carp or bonito and bluefish)

2. Every fish has its "expiering time", meaning that every fish will stay in a pond for some time and if it not hooked, will swim out of the pond. The times seem a little random (fixed time + random time), but no fish will swim out of pond imediatelly after you put the bait. You will allways have a couple of minutes to catch it.

3. If you close the pond and reopen it soon after some fish swim out of the pond, the pond will show this fish again and they will swim out of the pond very soon (not giving you any chance to catch them). But this is o.k., as this fish are already lost, this is just a remainder of it. I do not now if this is a bug or intentional. So to summerize. The fish that swimm out of the screen after some time are the one you really lost. The ones that swimm out of the screen  in first couple of seconds after opening the screen are just double counting and you can ignore them. They are not realy lost (or better to say, they are ALLREADY lost).

So, if you do not want to loose any baits (or money), do the following:
    1.  Put only a couple of baits in a pond and fish them out before you put any additional baits in the pond.
    2. Stop fishing about 25 minutes after your opened a pond for the first time (You can close and reopen a pond a couple of times without loss. After each reopening of the pond, number of fishes stay the same, but the size and position change - so closing and reopening the pond can be a good strategy to get a better position of the wanted type of fish),

IMHO this is exactly how we in my coop experienced the fishing and ever since we sorted this out we kind of "fish by these 'rules'" .... (good to see it listed now @aaabbb1 (INT1), THX!).

This works fine for us .... but I must admit we've never put more than 10-14 bait in the pond/river at one time and we certainly aren't 24/7 fishermen ... farming still is priority to us.

Sig designed by farmerjohn 22 (US1). THX!!

• edited 01.03.2017
    @Jiesta (NL1) Try putting 50+ in like I norm do and you will see the difference, this bug has reduced me from 170 per 30 min to 100 per 30 mins, it is a bug as it is happening same time every month, when CC is starting.  Not only does it reduce my rate of fishing but also lose expensive bait.

• aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) Posts: 1,045
    @Byron Longford (AU1)
    As I am not as devoted fisherman as you, I did not notice that fish disapear faster during CC countdown.
    Thanks for pointing that out, so I can be more carefull.

And yes, I agree that that sounds like a bug. 
    Not that fish swim away, which is intentional but that they swim away  faster during CC countdown.

• I also had an issue where I put 30 fish down and only collected 10 when they all disappeared. It's quite strange because I was only fishing for about 3-4 minutes.
    ninjahuman @ au 1

Click here if you looking for an active cooperative on the AU1 server.
  • I avoided fishing after hearing about Byron's misfortune. But with it being my main source of income for now, due to my low level, I had to try it. Fishing income is weighted heavily at lower levels and gradually becomes less of a percentage of overall income as the three farms are developed. Just pointing out that this is a very big deal for a lot of players. Like Byron I was able to catch 250-300 fish an hour with about 5-7% swimoffs. Ive adjusted my strat now assuming that every fish has an internal timer of 5 minutes. I'm not saying that it is a pure first in first out rule, but it sure seems like it could be something very close. Fishing is already boring enough, the income from fish recipes is laughable compared to how much you make just fishing. My most recent session was 90 fish in, 81 out. Net profit of 600k in 30 minutes. I would of had a lot more losses if I didn't consciously try to catch the fish that were in the longest, limit the amount I put in, avoid closing/reopening window to reset depths.
    maze1on1 @ us 1
  • I avoided fishing after hearing about Byron's misfortune. But with it being my main source of income for now, due to my low level, I had to try it. Fishing income is weighted heavily at lower levels and gradually becomes less of a percentage of overall income as the three farms are developed. Just pointing out that this is a very big deal for a lot of players. Like Byron I was able to catch 250-300 fish an hour with about 5-7% swimoffs. Ive adjusted my strat now assuming that every fish has an internal timer of 5 minutes. I'm not saying that it is a pure first in first out rule, but it sure seems like it could be something very close. Fishing is already boring enough, the income from fish recipes is laughable compared to how much you make just fishing. My most recent session was 90 fish in, 81 out. Net profit of 600k in 30 minutes. I would of had a lot more losses if I didn't consciously try to catch the fish that were in the longest, limit the amount I put in, avoid closing/reopening window to reset depths.
    I'm only level 83 and earn 2-3 million a day without fishing. But fishing as well makes a big difference for me.

I think I have been lucky compared to some other people with this fishing incident. I just fish like normal and haven't had this kind of issue. I have had other issues though where it randomly stopped me catching a fish and said I didn't have a line and took away all my lines. Refreshing the page worked but there were lots of things like this.

I hope all these bugs can be improved soon.
    ninjahuman @ au 1

• My baited fish used to last longer. I used to be able to bait a batch of 16 catfish and catch them all. Now I can't even catch 12 catfish in one batch. They run away too fast. I know I have not gotten worse at fishing; the fish are running away faster.

Please make sure my fish stick around long enough for me to catch them!
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) Posts: 2,296
    My baited fish used to last longer. I used to be able to bait a batch of 16 catfish and catch them all. Now I can't even catch 12 catfish in one batch. They run away too fast. I know I have not gotten worse at fishing; the fish are running away faster.

Please make sure my fish stick around long enough for me to catch them!
    Already been reported.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3423256/#Comment_3423256

Signature created by: farmerjohn 22 (US1)
    Success Team is an active, friendly co-op looking for daily adult players. Click here if interested or apply in game today! :)

• The amphibian farm machine lasts 1 hour.  At 45 minutes left, all fish that initially appear will swim away.  At 30 minutes left, the pool resets.  
    Fish will disappear 15 minutes after it appears.  Each fish has an individual timer.  It starts when the fish appears initially or by using bait.  
    If no fish are in the water and the window is closed, it cannot be opened until the pool resets.  
    It is easier to fish without bass in the way.  Do not add more than the amount you can fish in 15 minutes.  Close and reopen the window to shuffle the positions and sizes of the fish.  Deeper fish are harder to catch and takes longer.  Shuffle the fish to save time.  Bigger fish are harder to catch but does not give more kgs of fish.  
  • 15 minutes?? try 7-10 minutes and fish swim away -- it is ridiculous
  • I had the same with the goldfish. Over 60 goldfish disappeared, that i have made with gold. 
    Big Farm how do you compensate. I also see that I can not file a complaint anywhere. Very strange to pay .... no service!
  • I had the same with the goldfish. Over 60 goldfish disappeared, that i have made with gold. 
    Big Farm how do you compensate. I also see that I can not file a complaint anywhere. Very strange to pay .... no service!
    I recommend that you should avoid putting too many fish in at once, they will swim away 10-20 minutes after the bait is used. I am reasonably quick at fishing and I struggle catching 70+ fish at once.
    ninjahuman @ au 1

Sign In to comment.