Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 22nd - The Country Fair is here Again! - Discussion

Comments

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    any one know about island farm :)
    You can find some explanation and/or "walk through" here (although still under construction):

http://crazybigfarm.tk/strategy/viking_farm_walkthrough.htm
  • thanks for this link :)
  • not for this event is start B)
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    I am going to be bold and ask a question about the Country Fair event here. I see people stating it is going to be more of a challenge. Can someone tell me how?  Is not this event the same as the Valentine event  only with flyers and candy instead of balloons and flyers?

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    New farm machines, increased capacity .......... one of the best updates in last two years I think. :) Especially Oleg will be happy with increased experience power. :)
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Terrific news ! This is a great update , bring it on . :p
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    I like the new farm machines however i got one question about them.

I spent more tools at this moment then i get back by regular farming, with this new machines it will even go faster and i see nothing about if we have more changes of getting tools. Are there more options to gain the tools?
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I like the new farm machines, but 70 percent on fishing xp is NOT going to be enough to fix the math problem that exists with fishing XP.  It needs to be at least double that.
  • T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    hope they will let us find the flyers and candy without the need of a microscope.....the balloons on valentine's event was way hidden and you have to reload the game several times before you can find all of it....looking for it was suppose to be fun....just saying ggs...peace!:)
    Queen Math called to witness stand again? :) 70 % in general plus 80 % on manual fishing makes + 150 % (at least at times) for fishing enthusiasts. Even I might get enticed to go fishng sometimes with this boost. :) As all these new features fishng XP also is "calibrated" for enthusiasts. IIf it wasn't so, two weeks after update they'd be crying that there's nothing to do in the game. Can't see any math problem, really, just us lazy gamers will take a bit loooooooooooooooooonger to get anywhere. :) Manual fishng is part of Oleg upgrade balance so one can't expect rocket growth when relying on occasional Oleg XP trips. And maybe later we get another type of booster. Who knows what the future holds for us? Not even GG bosses do. :) 
  • magicpotions (PT1)magicpotions (PT1) PT1 Posts: 916
    edited 20.02.2017
    I also liked, generically, all this new features
    It would be equally interesting to have a machine that could give us a
    bonus percentage, for example in the construction time, of the buildings of all farms.

• 1shockwave (US1)1shockwave (US1) Posts: 77
    edited 20.02.2017
    Love this update!  Sounds like a winner for us players!  Thank you!!!  Like the farm machines, deco's and I enjoy the hunt - hope we get another one for Easter.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I do like the new Farm Machines!
    I just hope the amount of Tools needed to build and upgrade these new Farm Machines will be within reason :)
  • Nice one :smiley: hurray for a faster way to get FXP and to be able to shelve some of those dung missions, that I get all the time. Also that increased storage and fish amount will be welcome :smiley:
  • The new updates are much needed and welcomed. I have just one request:  a farm machine for our orchards. We can boost production for everything else, but not orchards? Here is a cool new apple picking machine for inspiration.

edited 20.02.2017
    Queen Math called to witness stand again? :) 70 % in general plus 80 % on manual fishing makes + 150 % (at least at times) for fishing enthusiasts. Even I might get enticed to go fishng sometimes with this boost. :) As all these new features fishng XP also is "calibrated" for enthusiasts. IIf it wasn't so, two weeks after update they'd be crying that there's nothing to do in the game. Can't see any math problem, really, just us lazy gamers will take a bit loooooooooooooooooonger to get anywhere. :) Manual fishng is part of Oleg upgrade balance so one can't expect rocket growth when relying on occasional Oleg XP trips. And maybe later we get another type of booster. Who knows what the future holds for us? Not even GG bosses do. :) 

I did not see that the 70 and 80 percent were definitively going to be cumulative.  In theory it should, but it might not.   80 percent more fish might not mean more xp.   Also, there is a significant cooldown on that and it cannot be applied to the quests, so the 80 percent will only be usable, at best, a couple of time per day.

The xp multiplier is limited to 70 percent by itself.  I would argue that that is not enough.  Getting to the seaweed rewards will still be close to a year away for most farmers.
  • I can relate to so many things in the log rant CraftyCritters placed!!  Seriously - I have contacted Support 5 times in the past month for all sorts of things just disappearing into thin air, not working correctly, and not appearing as promised. I do love this game, but it can surely get frustrating at times. It would be good if the fishing worked perfectly EVERY time before introducing a bunch of new stuff.
    With that being said, I AM looking forward to new farm machinery, and new decos. I enjoy the hunt - even if it gets discouraging occasionally - and the rewards that come my way just for having fun searching!

I did not see that the 70 and 80 percent were definitively going to be cumulative.  In theory it should, but it might not.   80 percent more fish might not mean more xp.   Also, there is a significant cooldown on that and it cannot be applied to the quests, so the 80 percent will only be usable, at best, a couple of time per day.

The xp multiplier is limited to 70 percent by itself.  I would argue that that is not enough.  Getting to the seaweed rewards will still be close to a year away for most farmers.
    I'm a slow player so I 'm cool with a year. :)170 % is better then 100 %. Are you in a hurry to finish everything tomorrow? Then get to some hard core fishing.  :) Non-compliance of GGS with your speed expectations doesn't constitute math problem. :)

For the rest, wait and see. Wednesday is around the corner. I used what would seem to be expected logical outcome, but GG doesn't always follow  the same logic as I do. So I too will wait and see - and ask those hard core fast runners if increased fish load also increases FXP. If not, I won't bother with that.  :)

Or maybe mods can give out the secret to take us out of doubts. :)
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    edited 21.02.2017
    the way i am thinking the extra fish is going to work is each fish of the same kind of fish is usually worth pretty much the same wight so what they will do is give you what ever % you have more to that fish so if the fish normal weighs 10 it would now weigh 11 with a 10% boost so that would be giving you 1 more FXP per fish for that so others will give more and some less depending on how much they weigh but i could be wrong like i said it is a guess cause i can not think of another way for them to give us more fish a hour because it is not like there is a set amount you can catch or even which fish you are catching unless it is only good for when you send him out on the boat
    edited 21.02.2017
    the way i am thinking the extra fish is going to work is each fish of the same kind of fish is usually worth pretty much the same wight so what they will do is give you what ever % you have more to that fish so if the fish normal weighs 10 it would now weigh 11 with a 10% boost so that would be giving you 1 more FXP per fish for that so others will give more and some less depending on how much they weigh but i could be wroung like i said it is a guess cause i can not think of another way for them to give us more fish a hour because it is not like there is a set amount you can catch or even which fish you are catching 
    That's the way I'd be thinking about that. Weight (and FXP) of every fish caught during this 60 mins booster will be increased by the percentage of the machine. if that's right, we'll soon see. Would be a surprise if that works completely different way. :):):) I keep forgeting how creative can BF people sometimes be and just naturaly expect good stuff
    The presence of these new machines will stretch an already over-stretched resource:  Tools.  While increasing the storage of them is great, increasing the drop rate for them is something that GGS really needs to think about.

I'm a slow player so I 'm cool with a year. :)170 % is better then 100 %. Are you in a hurry to finish everything tomorrow? Then get to some hard core fishing.  :) Non-compliance of GGS with your speed expectations doesn't constitute math problem. :)

For the rest, wait and see. Wednesday is around the corner. I used what would seem to be expected logical outcome, but GG doesn't always follow  the same logic as I do. So I too will wait and see - and ask those hard core fast runners if increased fish load also increases FXP. If not, I won't bother with that.  :)

Or maybe mods can give out the secret to take us out of doubts. :)

There were a series of older forum entries about this, so much of what I said was a bit of a reference to those conversations.  The problem is the length of time that fishing xp takes to reach the seaweed threshold.  Given that the gaps between levels continually increase, even with these new boosts, it will be over a year for most serious players to get there.  This is, at the end of the day, an online game, and, as noted in those older posts, it strikes me that this is a bit long for one piece of an online game.
    edited 21.02.2017
    gavinfarms (US1) said:
    There were a series of older forum entries about this, so much of what I said was a bit of a reference to those conversations.  The problem is the length of time that fishing xp takes to reach the seaweed threshold.  Given that the gaps between levels continually increase, even with these new boosts, it will be over a year for most serious players to get there.  This is, at the end of the day, an online game, and, as noted in those older posts, it strikes me that this is a bit long for one piece of an online game.
    Yeah, we were all a bit surprsed at the amount of FXP required when the fish arrived. But snce then some enthusiasts in rod fishing have shown how fast they can level up using the right fishng tricks. Haven¨t you incorporated that? And now we have these hopefully two lovely boosts on top of that. :) Maybe good that I'm not a serous player, but happy one. Might help level up faster. :) A year (if so) long feature suggests that BF means to stay in business for a while. i've played for about 2 years, some others for how long? Over 4 years or so? So why should a year be a problem now? Aren't you growing a bit impatient? :)

If anything, I'd rather complain about "empty" levels. Levels far appart where nothing is happening. No quest, no reward for completion, just nothing. Several levels which you have no incentive to reach other then being able to reach next level afterwards? I think here GG could have created a lot more gameplay wth little investment by just adding simple "side tasks" or "end rewards" etc. at least for each level which doesn't unlock a new recepi. Similar for laboratory, and in general this whole system looks like put together wthout much thinking due to speedy developement. I'm sort of waiting for GG to get their act together and finetune all these half cooked features to develop it into a fun and logical system. Small rewards for reachng empty levels like 4 GML and similar would sure make it a lot more fun, hm? :)
    Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    I totally agree @Kamilcom (GB1) it drags  no incentive between those levels nothing really exciting I am level 31 or 32  it is there but not fun enough for me to spend any real time doing much.  It does help the farm by being another money maker without too much effort though.
  • rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    ? here about one of the machines.  If one of the machines allows us to shelve missions for free for a time period, does this mean that it is now going to cost us gold to shelve when the machine isn't activated?  If it is going to cost us, I would rather not have the machine and have the shelving mission option be free period.
    I think it refers to the minimum production amount  required at present before you can shelve a mission .
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I don't mean to be negative but here goes.

You know that old saying, Don't count your chickens before they're hatched! 

Before you get all excited about these new farm machines. Unless they make the drops rates on Tools more frequent the 2 new production farm machines, Catch more Fish & Shelve Missions with no requirement, will just be a pipe dream. The other 2 new ones, Increased Fishing XP and Increased Storage Capacity, will be fine because they will be permanent boosters. 

As it is now we do not get enough Tools dropped each day to use the production farm machines that we have as much as we'd like. Not to mention the cost in Tools just to build these new machines that we will only get to use once a day.

Let's hope that GGS has thought of this and increase the drop rates on Tools so we can get our chickens counted.
    Gives a choice on what to use tools on anyway . As they are boosting the storage for tools and water , it suggests more will be available, possibly in mystery boxes , here's hoping .
  • looking forward to the country fair and (hopefully) the candy farm. I only got it once since I reached level 30 and the viking farm 4 times.

Sign In to comment.