Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Jan 19th - "New Year Again" & More! - Discussion

Hi Guys,

Have fun discussing the Latest Update here :)

[Date edited from 18th to 19th | Wabbit]
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    Its getting annoying that EVERYTHING has to start when its night time in Europe. Epsically when u look at, where the HQ is, but I guess that is why it has to be so late for us European? Or is it because to make the US and Asian guys happy?

In the beginning we had different times to when the CC started, so it would be fair to everyone, so how can this be fair?
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Uh oh, the new years event has been "re-balanced", anyone else concerned yet? Fire rooster decoration should be the same size as the fire monkey but according to the decoration tower its 7 by 7, yet looks tiny inside the tower.
  • Sukiyaki (US1)Sukiyaki (US1) US1 Posts: 555
    Uh oh, the new years event has been "re-balanced", anyone else concerned yet? Fire rooster decoration should be the same size as the fire monkey but according to the decoration tower its 7 by 7, yet looks tiny inside the tower.

Last year it was 7x7 until you collected enough of a certain zodiac (2 certain zodiacs actually) to bring down the size by 1x1 each. If those zodiacs are full collected, you can end up with a 5x5 in the end. If they aren't fully collected, you could end up with a 7x7, or a 6x6 if one is completed of those 2.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 18.01.2017
    not the least bit concerned  I like the play hated the deco  so will enjoy playing but will probably smash it in the end  now would like to win something that had a bit of @Sukiyaki (US1) signature in it  the tree or pagoda is lovely.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Can you tell us one thing...........By what percentage is it easier (10 percent, 20 percent, etc.)?

I knew very few that finished it last year.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Re-balanced in GGS vocabulary usually means the event has been changed to suit them and not us. Hoping the rewards and the setup of the event itself is the same as last year. Not overly concerned about the looks of the decoration, its about happiness value for me. Trying to stay optimistic because this is my favourite event but I have this bad baaaaad baaaad feeling
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    anyone know when chinese new year event will start ?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 19.01.2017
    Post edited by Data King (US1) on
  • @Data King (US1) do you mean 20 Jan?
    @Data King (US1) do you mean 20 Jan?
    Yes sorry :(
    Fixed
  • you had me worried for a sec.  :D
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705

Update starts half way through my last mission for the challenge - wonderful.

It's a dung mission - the moment I got the warning it was shutting down I quickly harvested all my duck coops, normally I would wait to near the end of the mission for strategy but I think I've won it.

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Our moderators posted the warning more than 1 hour before servers went down, so IMHO plenty ahead of time. I for one had enough time to put a translation of this warning in the Dutch thread, and warn my whole coop (so they all stopped playing missions after their last one - in time!)...

I got back into the mission just before it ended and affirmed my lead.

Has anyone noticed the bug, that looks like it can be exploited to our advantage, but in fact is a waste of time in the end?

• jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    @Rusty Farmer (AU1) What bug do you mean? Inquiring minds would like to know. ;)
  • Tigrain (BG1)Tigrain (BG1) BG1 Posts: 170
    edited 19.01.2017
    After today's update the boxes for greenhouse (dont know the english name sry)keep dropping even after maximum amount  is reached. Bad thing is they reset to 40 after refresh .

Are devs intended to increase maximum amount but messed it up somehow,or thats just random bug?
  • After update either deco event vanished or reseted
  • @ Tigrain (BG1)
    I've noticed that bug as well...
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • why i cant log into to the game from any browser for last 12 hours ? can anyone help me ?
  • Connie999 (US1)Connie999 (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    Can anyone clarify for my work overloaded brain, "*These events will start at Midnight CET on Friday 20th/21st"

Does that mean both the 2017 Chinese New Year Event and the new horse season will start Jan 20th at 6 pm EST?  

Thanks in advance! :blush:
    It should there @Connie999 (US1) and end late afternoon Feb 4th
    edited 20.01.2017

That's midday Sat 21st NZT as we are 12 hours ahead. :)

I got a little suckered into the breeding seed thing, thinking I was getting one up on GGS harvesting extra breeding seeds. But when I re-entered the game...all excess seeds gone! :(

• stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460

That's midday Sat 21st NZT as we are 12 hours ahead. :)

I got a little suckered into the breeding seed thing, thinking I was getting one up on GGS harvesting extra breeding seeds. But when I re-entered the game...all excess seeds gone! :(

What are breeding seed?
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460

From http to https: Safety First!

A few days after this update, Big Farm's domain will switch from http to https, which means that the website will not be considered as an unsafe site for your browsers anymore and that the whole system will work on a more secure environment.

But don't worry, this will be mostly a technical update, you will reach Big Farm in the same easy and comfortable way you do right now!

Sorry I am not a up on the technical stuff but dose this mean that the game and co-ops will no longer be able to be hacked? 

I am referring to what happened to Victory Ridge and how someone had hacked into their coop, people's gold just started missing and the leaders paypal was also hacked.

Will this http to https stop stuff like that from happening?

• Chinese New year event is back and GGS said they have made some changes from last year. So that means everyone will get the Fire-monkey deco in the end, as compensation. Good :p .
    Chinese New year event is back and GGS said they have made some changes from last year. So that means everyone will get the Fire-monkey deco in the end, as compensation. Good :p .
     :D  We could only wish. o:)
     You may want to reread the notice https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/143919/update-jan-18th-new-year-again-more
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    chinese is not starteed yet , why ?
  • magicpotions (PT1)magicpotions (PT1) PT1 Posts: 916
    edited 20.01.2017
    @ stef7 (US1) - What are breeding seed?

Breeding seeds are those that grow in the greenhouse. You can see that they are different from regular ones because when you harvest your crops those special seeds come up in boxes.

• chinese is not starteed yet , why ?
    These events will start at Midnight CET on Friday 20th/21st
Sign In to comment.