Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Dev Team Responses to some Suggestions - Disscussion

Comments

• PCA (GB1) said:

Isn't it interesting how they focus on changing events no one complains about ?  
    Ahh yes, it's because someone in some other server complained and made suggestions ...sure of course they did 

No seriously,  dont you like that part where the DEVs say "....thus we wont change the frequency of CC...."  but they just did !!!  

The frequency of CC has doubled, so we are indirectly told (by the DEVs) that the change was due to suggestions from players,  was it ?  Really ?  LOL.  Let me guess..... players from other servers and other forums right ?

Personally I think the Forum should be required reading for the developers and GGS.  They have lost touch with their customer base.  They change things that don't need changing and don't change things that do need changing.  Yet through all of this they don't seem to realize they are losing more of their "paying customers" and those left are not spending as much.  Respect works both ways. 
    Surprising as it may be, opinions about events do indeed vary in the different BF communities. We are in continuous daily contact with the mods from all the other forums & we all get asked regularly for feedback from our communities, regarding hot topics, most annoying bugs, suggestions etc. On recurring issues, such as accidental gold spending, everyone may agree something needs to be done, though suggestions of how to resolve the issue will vary.  There ARE some communities that love the CC and can`t get enough of it,  just like we know that mostly this community loves the HWE and would not want it changed.

Thank you for your feedback, keep it coming, we will be passing it all on next week, as will the mods from the other forums, so the devs get the best possible overall picture on the issues. :)
  • Tigrain (BG1)Tigrain (BG1) BG1 Posts: 170
    edited 14.01.2017
    Sadly the best event(NPNG) with the most valuable rewards  is going to be ruined too. :/

Honestly i expected this to happen ever since they removed the gold mining license and gold seeds from CC. Im even surprised they waited for so long .
    Some may say we dont know yet what changes will be made...wanna bet the licenses will be removed or replaced with a crappy decoration or something even more useless?And they will call it "an enhancement" :wink:
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 14.01.2017
    @Tigrain (BG1)  Yes that is my prediction as well and that will be the end of NPNG for me, I will not spend another cent on it if they do that
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 14.01.2017
    Why do we never hear why there is no cat on the farm  there is a whole huge thread about the cat but we never get any feedback on why we dont have one  so how well are you listening.

I dont like the idea of being in different servers at all another can of worms i am afraid I may be opening up.
  • Sadly the best event(NPNG) with the most valuable rewards  is going to be ruined too. :/

Honestly i expected this to happen ever since they removed the gold mining license and gold seeds from CC. Im even surprised they waited for so long .
    Some may say we dont know yet what changes will be made...wanna bet the licenses will be removed or replaced with a crappy decoration or something even more useless?And they will call it "an enhancement" :wink:
    Ive told my Coop that if GGS do the above I will walk away from this game forever.

GGS lately seem to be on a suicide mission with Big Farm. Greed kills games.
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    Who is able to say what the majority of Big Farmers want ?

A great number of players either never visit the forum, or if they do, they never post.
    If you take a look at the top 100 players on your particular server (be that top 100 for XP of Rep points), just see how many of those names you have ever seen post on this forum. I'm willing to bet it will be a very small percentage.

But since these players are the top ranked on the server, we can know they are active,  serious players of the game and not abandoned accounts.  They are clearly the majority, but we never get to hear what they want. Unless we look at their actions, and make our deductions from there.

Furthermore, there are at least 13 Big farm forums (and 32 servers) in existence.  This is only the English-speaking forum for the game and thus does in all likelihood not even represent half of the total number of people actively playing Big Farm. Unless you speak German, Japanese, Spanish, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, Italian, etc, etc it is not possible to know what these communities might have requested.
    And once again, they are most likely the majority.

Maybe they generally love the CC, maybe they would like to see some changes to the HWE, maybe they don't want a cat on their farms.
    This is possible.

• ttt34 (INT1)ttt34 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240

I vill change in this event No pain ,no gain just that:

We have competition levels:

1. 8-16

2.17-27

3.28-40

4.41-64

5.65-999

Ti Will be nice to have another competition level for example from 65-120 and just then 121-999.

I wish to have an temporary farm without some pagan gods. For example:

Candy farm: The farm is nice, but as reward i can recive just candy palace which is in fact fortune teller sphere.

I wish candy palace or candy cake. Instead of fortune teller tenth a tenth with Candy and swets.

Wiking farm: Is a nice farm but it is a center for sun worshippers.

Island farm: Is nice place but have tiki. I like sand castle and other decorations. I liked the hous and bought several of them but now discovers that on end level thay have tiki. :-((

Can We have a decent temporaty farm with 0 pagan gods?

• Who is able to say what the majority of Big Farmers want ?

A great number of players either never visit the forum, or if they do, they never post.
    If you take a look at the top 100 players on your particular server (be that top 100 for XP of Rep points), just see how many of those names you have ever seen post on this forum. I'm willing to bet it will be a very small percentage.

But since these players are the top ranked on the server, we can know they are active,  serious players of the game and not abandoned accounts.  They are clearly the majority, but we never get to hear what they want. Unless we look at their actions, and make our deductions from there.

Furthermore, there are at least 13 Big farm forums (and 32 servers) in existence.  This is only the English-speaking forum for the game and thus does in all likelihood not even represent half of the total number of people actively playing Big Farm. Unless you speak German, Japanese, Spanish, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, Italian, etc, etc it is not possible to know what these communities might have requested.

Maybe they generally love the CC, maybe they would like to see some changes to the HWE, maybe they don't want a cat on their farms.
    This is possible.

amandaps....think.

GGS are going to fiddle with HWE. That means they are probably going to do to it what they did to CC.

They will most likely take away rewards worth playing for. Like Gold Mining Licences and seaweed humus and fertilizer.

HWE.needs.NO.changes.

You will only know that if you've played it.

And never seen you end in top 50 on INT1 with HWE.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 14.01.2017
    .......Surprising as it may be, opinions about events do indeed vary in the different BF communities. ..........

This is indeed surprising, in fact it goes against all ongoing globalization trends   ;)

We made a bet in our Team about this coming CC:  the bet is that while you DEVs have lowered the RP required to complete the hard worker part, you will no longer give us the 100% game booster, which was active during the entire length of the event: hence in total the event will be more difficult than it was even though you (DEVs) tout it as easier than it was

We hope to be wrong of course !

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557

This is possible.

Hear, Hear @amandaps (INT1) Afbeeldingsresultaat voor hats off smiley 

It always amazes me how often I see these next sentences in different posts: "most of the players... "; "most people"  and/or  "the majority of the players... " 
    If one can't speak for him/her self without using these (nonsense) sentences, than one certainly shouldn't speak for other people.

Same for simple courtesy and respect. Every single post - whether you ask a question, or post a request, or answer somebody else's post, or post a reaction in a discussion thread, etc ... whether you agree or disagree with something/someone, whether you are satisfied or unsatisfied with a decision or feature in the game - every single post can be written with courtesy! It is NEVER EVER necessary to be disrespectful, condescending, very demanding, patronizing or even rude - simply because it's not appropriate and not desirable. If one can't make him/herself clear in what he/she wants to say without being condescending (etc.etc.) towards other players (or GGS or our moderators) than one shouldn't post at all IMHO!

@Teejay52 (INT1)  You are talking about a total different subject than @amandaps (INT1)  so your commanding word 'think' is misplaced. Amandaps is talking about the vast amount of people who think they can speak for other players, by constantly using the expressions "most players" or "majority of players/people".

@PCA (GB1)  Well, if I may say so: that's a very easy won bet, PCA! So I can congratulate on beforehand! LOL! :D  Cos this 100% game booster was an exception for only this last CC, and only meant as a compensation for the activity reward points not being adapted yet to the shortened version .... As you will prolly well remember: we never had a 100% game booster before during any CC, so this fact alone should have been an indication that is was exceptional.

Which you can check here:  
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3351104/#Comment_3351104
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    edited 15.01.2017
    Good grief  @Teejay52 (INT1)   , I am often just below or just above you in the HWE rankings ..  lol

Once I even managed (accidentally, it must be said since I'd rather have the 3rd GML than the harvest festival boxes) to get this:

But thanks for the chuckle ;)

Edited to change "2GML's" to ""the 3rd GML"

Post edited by amandaps (INT1) on
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 14.01.2017

@PCA (GB1)  Well, if I may say so: that's a very easy won bet, PCA! So I can congratulate on beforehand! LOL! :D  Cos this 100% game booster was an exception for only this last CC, and only meant as a compensation for the activity reward points not being adapted yet to the shortened version .... As you will prolly well remember: we never had a 100% game booster before during any CC, so this fact alone should have been an indication that is was exceptional.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3351104/#Comment_3351104

Oh but @Jiesta (NL1)  you are a very good player, and I am sure you noticed that the 100% booster was there every time we had a 4 days CC, not just last time, starting with the first attempts to have us play a CC twice a month, attempts which were made last summer

the 100% booster has been there all along, it might not have been there for the entire lenght of the event, but it was there (even during summer a few times well beyond the end of weekend). But after this past CC we were told it was something special, a compensation.

I am not sure what other comments you are referring to, other than mine, and I sure hope your hints about lack of respect are not comments to my posts

Good grief  @Teejay52 (INT1)   , I am often just below or just above you in the HWE rankings ..  lol

Once I even managed (accidentally, it must be said since I'd rather have the 2GML's than the harvest festival boxes) to get this:

Now I know who will be on the top on my next competition.:-))
  • Good grief  @Teejay52 (INT1)   , I am often just below or just above you in the HWE rankings ..  lol

Once I even managed (accidentally, it must be said since I'd rather have the 2GML's than the harvest festival boxes) to get this:

Hehe...that.s the spirit :)

Just checking lol

Teasing and testing :p
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 14.01.2017

Just because they are at the top doesn't mean "they are clearly the majority". All that means is that those at the top like to play, are active, and if they are at the top in events like CC & NPNG they probably use a fair amount of gold to compete.  By your same logic the players at the very bottom or the middle are the minority?
    Perhaps you meant to say that those who do not post in the forum are clearly the majority. 

I would agree with you that GGS makes a lot of decisions based on the actions of the big Gold spenders. I would also venture to guess that GGS places considerably less importance on the actions/opinions of those who don't spend a lot of gold.

Post edited by MRG1 (US1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 14.01.2017
    I would agree with you that GGS makes a lot of decisions based on the actions of the big Gold spenders. I would also venture to guess that GGS does not consider the actions of those who don't spend gold. 

True.  What GGS has failed to grasp is that if a game is designed correctly, a percentage of non-gold buyers become gold buyers.  By offering good customer relations and listening to the non-gold players, they would could go a long way in turning these people into loyal players who would gladly pay to play.  I know I would. Instead, they continuously take actions that alienate buyers and non buyers alike. Like a failing restaurant that lowers quality and raises prices in a vain attempt to increase revenue, they seem focused on squeezing every last cent from an ever-shrinking number of people.  That only can spell trouble in the long run.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
    The idea to cross servers during Challenges, does this include the Test Server?

Lol, I would like to heard my test server players. Good new year to all!
    This is rich LOL:
    Jiesta, you are criticizing people who claim to know who the majority of players are and what they want/think, then applaud the comment by amandaps which claims  that a certain group are clearly the majority

But since these players are the top ranked on the server, we can know they are active,  serious players of the game and not abandoned accounts.  They are clearly the majority, but we never get to hear what they want. Unless we look at their actions, and make our deductions from there.

Hear, Hear @amandaps (INT1) Afbeeldingsresultaat voor hats off smiley  

It always amazes me how often I see these next sentences in different posts: "most of the players... "; "most people"  and/or  "the majority of the players... " 
    If one can't speak for him/her self without using these (nonsense) sentences, than one certainly shouldn't speak for other people.

@Teejay52 (INT1)  You are talking about a total different subject than @amandaps (INT1)  so your commanding word 'think' is misplaced. Amandaps is talking about the vast amount of people who think they can speak for other players, by constantly using the expressions "most players" or "majority of players/people".
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    Regarding #2, I think there are ways to be able to transfer decos from 1 farm to another without causing any game imbalances.  The most obvious solution would be to set up something like we have with the village happiness decos, and make it so that transferring decos requires a significant amount of time, so that rapidly transferring decos for a short term benefit would be impossible.

Another solution would be to have Greta offer this service.  She would be able to transfer 1 deco per appearance for free, with additional transfers done during the same appearance requiring gold.  This would also eliminate any short term benefits (since the deco transfer is one-way), and could be done only once every 2 weeks or so (or however often she shows up), thus making this a purely long-term strategic move.

I personally like the Greta option, because it fits in more with her theme of decos, and would justify why she comes and goes rather than is a permanent feature.
    I would agree with you that GGS makes a lot of decisions based on the actions of the big Gold spenders. I would also venture to guess that GGS places considerably less importance on the actions/opinions of those who don't spend a lot of gold.

True.  What GGS has failed to grasp is that if a game is designed correctly, a percentage of non-gold buyers become gold buyers.  By offering good customer relations and listening to the non-gold players, they would could go a long way in turning these people into loyal players who would gladly pay to play.  I know I would. Instead, they continuously take actions that alienate buyers and non buyers alike. Like a failing restaurant that lowers quality and raises prices in a vain attempt to increase revenue, they seem focused on squeezing every last cent from an ever-shrinking number of people.  That only can spell trouble in the long run.
    Totally agree @artful. I was once a frequent gold buyer. Too often due to misclicks and game lag I was cheated out of my gold, so I stopped buying gold. The fact that they do nothing to prevent accidental gold spending says a lot about the ethics of the company. I would have gladly continued to buy gold had they taken the ethical approach and given an option to somehow safegard my purchase. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 14.01.2017
    @MRG1 (US1) Same here.  When my entire stash was wiped out -- not by an accidental click, btw -- they basically gave me the cold shoulder when I asked for a correction.  Without the safeguards that other games have put into play, I don't wish to risk losing my hard-earned money.

And, it seems, there are built-in designs that help facilitate accidental spending. 
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 14.01.2017
    I took Amanda's post to mean you can look at the top ranked players to see that there are active players in the game but not active on the forum and therefor they don't express their opinions like some of us do, not that only the top ranked players count as the majority. There are a lot of players on this game & not all of them visit/post on the forum. There are more players (besides us on this forum)  that post on the forums that are in their language. We don't see all the feedback that is given among all players. Some players post on the forums, some may use that "Tell us what you think!" button in game, some may share their thoughts with support, & some don't say anything at all. No matter how you shake a stick at it, the feedback given on the EN forum is not the end all be all. "We" are not the majority. There's a whole other world out there! ;)

I assume Jiesta probably read Amanda's post the same way I did. :) 
    I took Amanda's post to mean you can look at the top ranked players to see that there are active players in the game but not active on the forum and therefor they don't express their opinions like some of us do, not that only the top ranked players count as the majority. There are a lot of players on this game & not all of them visit/post on the forum. There are more players (besides us on this forum)  that post on the forums that are in their language. We don't see all the feedback that is given among all players. Some players post on the forums, some may use that "Tell us what you think!" button in game, some may share their thoughts with support, & some don't say anything at all. No matter how you shake a stick at it, the feedback given on the EN forum is not the end all be all. "We" are not the majority. There's a whole other world out there! ;)

I assume Jiesta probably read Amanda's post the same way I did. :) 

That's exactly how I read Amanda's post too - you beat me to it and thanks for sharing @jess_d (US1)  ;)
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Regarding #2, I think there are ways to be able to transfer decos from 1 farm to another without causing any game imbalances.  The most obvious solution would be to set up something like we have with the village happiness decos, and make it so that transferring decos requires a significant amount of time, so that rapidly transferring decos for a short term benefit would be impossible.

I do agree with you. I suggested months ago that they just need to allow them to be transferred to the drop box. They then could be rebuilt on any farm. That was before Greta was introduced but  I like the idea of involving Greta.

• buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382

Another solution would be to have Greta offer this service.  She would be able to transfer 1 deco per appearance for free, with additional transfers done during the same appearance requiring gold.  This would also eliminate any short term benefits (since the deco transfer is one-way), and could be done only once every 2 weeks or so (or however often she shows up), thus making this a purely long-term strategic move.

Terrific idea, Pietral!  This solution sounds like it would handle both players and devs concerns.
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    PCA (GB1) said:

Oh but @Jiesta (NL1)  you are a very good player, and I am sure you noticed that the 100% booster was there every time we had a 4 days CC, not just last time, starting with the first attempts to have us play a CC twice a month, attempts which were made last summer

the 100% booster has been there all along, it might not have been there for the entire lenght of the event, but it was there (even during summer a few times well beyond the end of weekend). But after this past CC we were told it was something special, a compensation.

I am not sure what other comments you are referring to, other than mine, and I sure hope your hints about lack of respect are not comments to my posts

@PCA (GB1) and @Jiesta (NL1) : PCA is right, all CCs during last year that lasted less than a week had the 100% booster for a while. But, if you paid attention the booster was on only during the missing time for having a whole week CC (i.e., if the CC lasted 5 days instead of 7 the booster was on for 2 day, if the CC lasted 6 days instead of 7 the booster was on for 1 day, if the CC lasted 4 days instead of 7 the booster was on for 3 days and so on). They wanted to imitate a CC of 7 days so that they didn't have to change the amount of points obtained. Basically the booster was a simulation of playing double the amount of missions or virtually doubling the time of the CC while on. They did the same in the first CC in this year.

Given that, it is to expect that the booster will not be on as a rule. Summer festivities were a different thing, a special event. Thus in very special occasions you may see the booster. This is how I interpret things.

Otherwise, I expect that they have just scaled the number of reputation points required by a factor of 4/7. I am basing this in the official statement, which was the following:

"Cooperative Challenge re-balanced: less is more!
    You have already recently enjoyed the shortened version of this event with your cooperative, but the next time it comes around, the activity rewards will require a decreased amount of reputation points, based on the reduced duration of the tournament!"
    I believe your interpretation is right @mia111 (GB1) - I can only remember short boosters, maybe 1 or 2 days - but I couldn't remember having seen a 100% booster for the whole duration of a CC - so I took that as an exception.
    Thanks for sharing!
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 15.01.2017
    I agree that the HW (NoPain) event does not need to be changed.  If those gold licenses go away from here as well, you might really start to lose players en masse. 

It does need one improvement.....and for those of us with long memories, this is an improvement that was promised to us more than a year ago, when it began.  That is a Countdown timer (like the CC)  to let us know when it is starting.  There are some players that you simply cannot catch up with, if you start only a few hours "late."  Plus some players sit it out, when they don't happen to get it right from the beginning, so you lose players.

A Countdown timer is the only thing that is missing.  This does not need to be 48 hours like it is for the CC.  A 24 hour timer would be sufficient.  OR....simply run it on set days, like every third Monday, etc.

And you have finally gotten the duration just right.....not too short, not too long.  You all have used varying durations.  You finally have a good one.  Please stick to it.
    Post edited by gavinfarms (US1) on
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 15.01.2017
    @amandaps (INT1)  I am very high level farm (level 318) and been playing for way over 3 year and I live here on forum.  I also post.  The reason most high level players I have spoken to do not even come on forum, is they are sick of GGS not listening to them and totally ignoring them, this is why you do not see too many high level players on here, giving their opinion.  I know they do not listen to ANYTHING I have requested.
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
Sign In to comment.