Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Dev Team Responses to some Suggestions - Disscussion

Hi All,

Have fun discussing the latest Official Announcement here.

Comments

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Thank you :)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    New Projects? Awesome! <3
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    1. Cooperative Championship Frequency

if you are going to challenge other servers also , then you can  change our servers also , i want to shift my server , due to some person I m not able to play this game as i  did in past 3 years . BF is getting so much personal to some people and they crossed their limits  else
    ONLY 1 IP HAS 1 BIGFARM ID then we can play easily with fun that we are getting in past days 
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    THANKS Wabbit and the whole Team for taking our suggestions into consideration and for reacting.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Yes, much appreciation for GGS. This kind of heads up is most welcome.  :¬))

With regards to 
    3. Better and fair "No Pain, No Gain" event with attractive rewards every level
    As far as I, and everyone I talk to, are concerned, this event does not need changing. It is the best event in the game, challenging to all levels but with good rewards. Please, please, please do not "improve" these rewards the way you did with the co-op challenge.
  • Please take care to limit challenges across servers to CC, where event spans multiple days (thereby equalizing time zone differences).

On test server, when doing a Coop Village challenge, we loved challenging Coops from time zones that were likely to be asleep.  An easy win as entire challenge lasts hour(s) and one team is disadvantaged.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 13.01.2017
    6. Confirmation dialogue before you spend gold
    While the confirmation window isn't something we are planning on doing, some changes such as the addition of a delayed buy button on pop-up sales, changes to building upgrades & the removal of some max-buy options have been made to go in that direction.

This is a very long answer basically saying no changes..
    This is my biggest issue with the game, and the reason why I will not buy gold from GGS. 

also agree with @Uncle John (GB1)  re 
    No Pain, No Gain event. This is one of the few features of the game that does not need fixing.
  • No pain no gain event does not need fixing.  I also agree that a confirmation button could and should be done.  It would retain many players who are unable to purchase gold or are trying the game out.  No one likes losing things needlessly.  With he confirmation button those who want to proceed with a transaction can do so easily.  The argument of wanting to quickly click, such as in a mission, is lame as you just stated that this game is strategy based.  Therefore the player would and should build this extra click time into their personal strategy.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    The idea to cross servers during Challenges, does this include the Test Server?
    i would not think so as the test sever is not always open and is more just for testingUserPkmwg1 (US1) said:
    No pain no gain event does not need fixing.  I also agree that a confirmation button could and should be done.  It would retain many players who are unable to purchase gold or are trying the game out.  No one likes losing things needlessly.  With he confirmation button those who want to proceed with a transaction can do so easily.  The argument of wanting to quickly click, such as in a mission, is lame as you just stated that this game is strategy based.  Therefore the player would and should build this extra click time into their personal strategy.
    and as i would like some kind of thing to help with accidentally spending gold a conformation button would not work for me it is not so much about speeding up for missions for me as i speed a lot of stuff up at night right before i go to bed and i do not want to click a whole lot more to get all of my stuff ready for the night when i am already tired but i really like the idea of setting like a 500 gold limit and anything under it does not ask and anything above it does i mean yes some people will still lose a little by accidentally speeding up a field or something but people would not be losing thousands by accidentally click on a deal or buying land and a are you sure button on any of the offers just make sense it is just 1 extra click and every other game i play has one but just my opion
  • Yes, much appreciation for GGS. This kind of heads up is most welcome.  :¬))

With regards to 
    3. Better and fair "No Pain, No Gain" event with attractive rewards every level
    As far as I, and everyone I talk to, are concerned, this event does not need changing. It is the best event in the game, challenging to all levels but with good rewards. Please, please, please do not "improve" these rewards the way you did with the co-op challenge.
    I agree, specially do not take away gold mining licences as rewards.... like you did with the CC.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 13.01.2017

..........As far as I, and everyone I talk to, are concerned, this event does not need changing. It is the best event in the game, challenging to all levels but with good rewards. Please, please, please do not "improve" these rewards the way you did with the co-op challenge.

Yes that's exactly how it will be changed, like the CC

Isn't it interesting how they focus on changing events no one complains about ?  

Ahh yes, it's because someone in some other server complained and made suggestions ...sure of course they did 

No seriously,  dont you like that part where the DEVs say "....thus we wont change the frequency of CC...."  but they just did !!!  

The frequency of CC has doubled, so we are indirectly told (by the DEVs) that the change was due to suggestions from players,  was it ?  Really ?  LOL.  Let me guess..... players from other servers and other forums right ?

Post edited by PCA (GB1) on
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Do not "enhance" the No pain No gain event.......there is NOTHING wrong with it. No one has complained about it, lets put it to a poll and see if people want it changed.....I seriously doubt it.
  • Please do NOT change No Pain No Gain event!! This is the MOST fair event  GGS has!!!  It does NOT need improvement!  Where are the complaints about this event???  It is one of the only events that actually rewards you for hard work instead of just buying a win... my guess is folks who use a boatload of gold and still can't make it to the top are the ones complaining since this is one event where a win is quite difficult to buy... sigh if they make 'improvments' like they have with the other events I can totally see things going very very poorly .... sigh :(
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    So all of us, who want to have LESS CC's are NOT been heard?
    Have u guys NOT seen, how much its hated, that its so often?
    I guess, that being quiet means that u love the CC's comming so often, that it HAS to stay?
    I am DISAPOINTED!

And like everyone else is saying about No pain, no gain - Dont dare to optimaze like with the CC
  • "Big Farm is a highly strategical game and that's why it's up to every player to manage all their farms ..."

Did anyone else fall off their chair laughing so hard about 'highly strategical' - YEAH takes a LOT of strategy to buy rep points or spin a wheel for points ROFL!!!!  That was HILARIOUS!!!!  Think I got enough laughter for the next month from that one  HAHAHA!!!!

Since it is HIGHLY STRATEGICAL then why don' t you apply the same philosophy to the No Pain No Gain event?  That event IS about strategy and proper farm management - why are you changing that one then?  Please GGS can you at least be consistent?  Not to mention folks totally buy a win on the championship yet when it comes to our decos all of a sudden strategy is at the forefront?  Our co-op worked our hineys off the last CC to have the co-op below us have someone spin that blasted wheel and wipe out a 2mil+ lead in minutes... That isn't strategy GGS...  Sadly this inconsistency shows your core values have nothing to do with strategy other than one that brings in more money for you all!

Which is most likely the real reason No Pain is being changed because tooo many folks have developed great strategies to complete all the rewards with next to nil gold or resources -

Unless the 'fair' improvement is you are going to split up the last group so it isn't levels 65-999999+  yeah that group is unfair - other than splitting that group you don't need to change anything since the event does echo a highly strategic philosophy... ok done now with my ranting :)
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 14.01.2017
    I agree and doubt very much that this has ever been a problem for anyone.
    PCA (GB1) said:

..........As far as I, and everyone I talk to, are concerned, this event does not need changing. It is the best event in the game, challenging to all levels but with good rewards. Please, please, please do not "improve" these rewards the way you did with the co-op challenge.

Yes that's exactly how it will be changed, like the CC

Isn't it interesting how they focus on changing events no one complains about ?  

Ahh yes, it's because someone in some other server complained and made suggestions ...sure of course they did 

No seriously,  dont you like that part where the DEVs say "....thus we wont change the frequency of CC...."  but they just did !!!  

The frequency of CC has doubled, so we are indirectly told (by the DEVs) that the change was due to suggestions from players,  was it ?  Really ?  LOL.  Let me guess..... players from other servers and other forums right ?

Well in truth they had already been running it at about every two weeks before they made it "official"  and they obviously did not care a bit that most say it is too much.  They want to appear like they listen when in fact they really don't.  I too am expecting they think they give too much and will be making a mess of the HW event. All the high praise for the event has given them this direction to go in.  As far as other forums people are people and you will see forum mirrored in other servers not go off with so different views.  Come on now we are not children that you can fool so easily. They could if they wanted to make it harder to lose gold on a misclick but not in their interests.  They are trying to milk this cash cow dry  and they are.  Be careful developers as you may lose your jobs if no one is here to pay and play.
    Post edited by Damaria3 (US1) on
  • "Big Farm is a highly strategical game and that's why it's up to every player to manage all their farms ..."

Did anyone else fall off their chair laughing so hard about 'highly strategical' - YEAH takes a LOT of strategy to buy rep points or spin a wheel for points ROFL!!!!  That was HILARIOUS!!!!  Think I got enough laughter for the next month from that one  HAHAHA!!!!

Not to mention folks totally buy a win on the championship yet when it comes to our decos all of a sudden strategy is at the forefront?  Our co-op worked our hineys off the last CC to have the co-op below us have someone spin that blasted wheel and wipe out a 2mil+ lead in minutes... That isn't strategy GGS...  Sadly this inconsistency shows your core values have nothing to do with strategy other than one that brings in more money for you all!
    100% agree here........... there is NO strategy in using money to buy rep points.

GGS - bottom line - YOU DONT LISTEN............. this is probably why so many wonderful CM's left........ I actually feel bad for the new moderators - although I do have to say they are doing a fine job. Please know that all our concerns/complaints are not directed at you personally - they are directed at the incompetent GGS team.
    and incidentally.... why didn't they have replacement CM's???
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    Thanks GGS for the new weekly events and new projects:))
    but please change the level 65-999 category and split it up in better way.I think we don't need any huge changes to the rewards but the splitting up into more categories would be more helpful:))
    Hope u bring alfalfa into the new projects as it helps us in many weekly events.

• @WascallyWabbit

Please do not touch No Pain No Gain, it is good the way it is, we saw how they improved CC

1.  anything on removing water and tools limit

2. ability to choose temp farm at start
  • Personally I think the Forum should be required reading for the developers and GGS.  They have lost touch with their customer base.  They change things that don't need changing and don't change things that do need changing.  Yet through all of this they don't seem to realize they are losing more of their "paying customers" and those left are not spending as much.  Respect works both ways. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I'm not sure we should be blaming the developers.  Like most companies, they probably get their marching orders from the higher ups.  
  • All I am saying is GGS is out of touch with their customers.  I base this on the changes they will or won't do.  A Forum is the perfect place for feedback, which the community has been doing.  Yet what ends up changed or not is in direct contrast.  Developers probably get their marching orders from others.  Those others are who I am referring to.  If the developers read too they could argue that the proposed changes may not be to our liking.  This saves time and money for the company.  Putting out a product that no one wants is a loss all around.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 14.01.2017
    All I am saying is GGS is out of touch with their customers.  I base this on the changes they will or won't do.  A Forum is the perfect place for feedback, which the community has been doing.  Yet what ends up changed or not is in direct contrast.  Developers probably get their marching orders from others.  Those others are who I am referring to.  If the developers read too they could argue that the proposed changes may not be to our liking.  This saves time and money for the company.  Putting out a product that no one wants is a loss all around.
    I agree 100%. My remarks were made in general, not to any one person or post.
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    Regarding #1: You say that we can "choose to miss one easily", but that's not true.  Due to the nature of the co-op challenge, choosing not to participate in a co-op challenge means that we'll be penalized by being dropped down to a lower league.  Sure, we can still "choose" not to participate, but if we're begin punished for our choice, is it really a choice?  If you really want us to be free to choose whether to participate or not, then there needs to be an option where we can decline to participate in a co-op challenge without having any negative consequences.

Punishing co-ops which decline to participate is tantamount to mandating participation.
  • Again you guys don't listen to the players. I can find thousands of people who don't what so many CC, but can you find just 1 who want them to be this often? I don't think so, you just don't want to listen to us, nothing new there.

NO MISSIONS FOR ME IN THE NEXT CC ROUND.

BOYCOT THE NEXT CC!!!
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    edited 14.01.2017
    Again you guys don't listen to the players. I can find thousands of people who don't what so many CC, but can you find just 1 who want them to be this often? I don't think so, you just don't want to listen to us, nothing new there.

NO MISSIONS FOR ME IN THE NEXT CC ROUND.

BOYCOT THE NEXT CC!!!
    i am sorry but there are a lot more people out there that eathier like it or are OK with them being 2 times a month then you might think i for one am one of those people i much prefer it 2 times a month then only once or once every couple months but i am also one of those people that have a laid back coop and everyone can do as little or as much as they want to and i find it great to get all the prizes just for doing what i was already doing cause i do not put that much more effort in to the CC then i normal do to just play so yes there are people out there that like it being 2 times a month just no reason for us to say anything sense it is the way we like it
  • Pepper Moon (IN1)Pepper Moon (IN1) Posts: 6,684
    edited 14.01.2017
    New projects sounds interesting. Thanks Wabbit and the entire boards team for updating us. Better and fair " » No Pain, No Gain" event with attractive rewards every level Please, its a request, no changes required in Hard worker event. This is the best and fair event in the game. It's one of my fav event and it does not require any improvements. Don't touch this event please and thanks :)
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 14.01.2017
    I hear over and over again, do not change NPNG, so who has ask for this to change?  I have never heard anyone on forum ask for it to change, the only bad I have ever heard about NPNG is the catalyst, but who cares about them.  If they are the only change good, but if not

PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH, THE BEST EVENT ON HERE

• I hear over and over again, do not change NPNG, so who has ask for this to change?  I have never heard anyone on forum ask for it to change, the only bad I have ever heard about NPNG is the catalyst, but who cares about them.  If they are the only change good, but if not

PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH, THE BEST EVENT ON HERE

I can only but agree 100% with all posted above. Leave.this.event.alone.

Fix.the.bugs.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    Most people don't like missions.  But some people do. The problem with missions is that BigFarm has to have enough people in total playing them to be able to make matches for the few who actually like to play missions.  And so BigFarm has put in TONS of effort to try to force people to play missions.  The first was adding tractors to the game which could only be built, upgraded and activated by using mission Certificates.  Well, that didn't make people like missions more, but at least there was a benefit to your farm by playing them. It was interesting that, even with that "incentive," when I was forced to play in order to build my tractors, I found I was constantly playing against the same group of players a great deal of the time.  Out of more than 20,000 players on the server, finding yourself playing against the same 8 or 10 players day after day should be a near statistical impossibility.  So, next thing was the "daily task" to play a mission.  After getting my tractors built, I continued ignoring that task.  I'm sure most others ignore it as well.  Then they finally came up with the Co-op Challenge.  It's been the most workable solution yet, though again detested and ignored by most.  The first CC had more than 4,000 participating co-ops on the US server.  By the 3rd CC, that number had plummeted to around 2,600 participating co-ops.  (Remember, it only takes ONE person in a co-op playing missions for that co-op to be participating.)  It was about then that they grouped us into divisions (no doubt so that you couldn't easily see how few people were participating.)  Most people ONLY play missions during the CC, and then only because the prizes won help their fellow co-op members.  The evidence that participation is still declining can be seen in their latest step of increasing the frequency of the CC, and it's most likely also the reason for considering how to have co-ops from different servers play each other.

Personally, I think BigFarm should completely rethink the entire mission paradigm.  Competition is not the BigFarm ethos - mutual help and cooperation is.  Most players are not here to BEAT somebody and WIN, we're here to construct something that works and help others to do the same.
Sign In to comment.