Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Chinese New Year Event

Comments

• For the 16:30 CET fireworks today on my International server farm the timer gave me 15 minutes but on the English server the timer was for 30 minutes. After 15 minutes on the English server the timer was still counting down but no extra chips. So do we now have to guess how long the boosters will last? 
    @bryoni (INT1) It sounds like you experienced the display error described in the latest Bulletin, if you hover your cursor over the event in the carpark, the correct time should show in the bubble.
  • There were 14 minutes left on the firework clock when I first noticed reduced sign collection.  I am pretty sure it was reduced on all of them because I harvested 200 chicken feed and got 2 of each sign instead of the 18 that normally come out. 
  • When you need dragons, every zodiac drops, exept dragons.

When you need roosters, every zodiac drops exept roosters

When you need snakes, every zodiac drops exept snakes.

Strange, i can't find a pattern in this story.

• PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    Where is the timer and Chinese event tent on gourmet farm and flower farm this round of firework? I only had the timer for the CC booster we bought, nothing else. Laboratory only gave me 6 chips for a harvest. Is this another bug that made it into the game with yesterdays update?
  • Fireworks didn't show on my farm at 14:00CET Febr 2, 2017!!!!
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 04.02.2017
    Fireworks didn't show on my farm at 14:00CET Febr 2, 2017!!!!

@lost angel (INT1) Sorry to hear that you missed the fireworks :(  It was possibly just a display error, if it happens again, click in the address bar of your farm page (to highlight the URL) & then click CTRL+F5, which will reload your game direct from the server & should make your fireworks appear.
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • Fireworks disappeard on my server too. This is very frustrating! I also had a gold booster on for dragon. 
  • I don't think that the fireworks at 11:30 were working for me because I was getting 2 of a certain type of sign for an alfalfa harvest.  The normal was 18. 

That is my question.

Why does the fireworkbooster say "x3" if it is "x9"?

Or is the orriginal one wrong?

Does that have to be 6?

• What i think happened.

The orriginal was 6.

But with the game, they put in a -"x3" ( so :3) and a +"x3"

The - is for normal times and the + is for firework times

• Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    What a bad event for a hard-working farmer'. Timer on farm not good, no time to see on gourmet farm, only rats , dogs and pigs.Since  22.00 hours  yesterday + 3 x fireworks in words and write 1% snakes included.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    A bit of time to play-play on forums again. :) Who want's to be my playmate? :)

Since it has been disclosed how bonus happiness works, namely hard ceiling on +25 % for each finished happiness sign, we can draw some conclusions on that: And I will qoute myself. Weird, is it? :) But now I can strip the core idea of all the added "maybes".

By the time we finished pig (and before finishng tiger), previous 6 hap chips (ox, rat, horse, goat, monkey, rooster) seem to have had already reached their bonus limit and stopped adding to it. So at that moment we already had two thirds (8 out of 12) drops pointless by design, not influencing anything. More bonus was added after tiger was completed. As you progress with more sgns finished which potentially one by one also cease adding to bonus happiness, the proportion of pointless drops get's even higher then 2 thirds.
    Number of players have stated that dropping dog and pig is pointless after they'd reached 100 % as they don't add anything towards happiness. Well, true, but the same applies to happiness signs, only they start being pointless after they'd reached that hard capped 25 % bonus instead of just basic 100 % like dogs and pigs. So why not extend your comments/suggestions to these also? Both are pointless the same, right? Just starting at different time or level. As stated above, 8 signs were mostly pointless (depending on luck factor and deriving from empirical data) by the time we reached 100 % on Tiger. Two thirds of drops pointless about half way through. Than the longer we go, the bigger the proportion of pointless, untill at the end 11 out of 12 are pointless. :) Sounds strange? But it's true.

Cool. So at this point only 1 out of 12 (8.3 %) of special seeds, gold speed-ups or sea-weed speed-ups give you something usefull. More when lucky, even less when unlucky.  What most players are probably also missing here is the fact, that in many cases it was like that all the way through from the start. This would, in some cases, render spamming the game with special seeds, sea-weed and gold speed ups the dumbiest and least efficient type of approach as about 92 % of it was literaly wasted!!!. :) Alternatively playing without special seeds, without gold and without sea-weed speed ups, with just a few gold boosters to get Snake to finish instead, could actually come up much cheaper and save you loads of resources for better use. Those who used some "boost" on lower signs only to realize later they would have made them without "boost" anyway will easily understand where I'm comming from. :)

Well, luck based = potential for a lot of wasting. :) I'm squezing a lot of info into a few paragraphs, so if you haven't been thinking along these lines already, you might need to run it through your brain a couple of times to realise what I'm talking about and see for yourself in which cases this would be true without me spelling out specific examples to describe in detail how it works. :)

NOTE: Don't get hanged on the fact that by the time we have only Snake to finish Dragon, Rabit and Tiger might still have some space for bonus so dropping them would not be entirely useless, just much less benefical then Snake, and useless in case you didn't make it with Snake anyway, but that's not the point. I've made that simplification on purpose to keep the main concept clear and easier to grasp. There already is enough gray ground for potential confusion and misunderstanding even without this aspect. :)
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    edited 04.02.2017
    @Kamilcom (GB1)  Would love to play, but a boring playmate I would be since I agree with your conclusions.  Therefore I am happy that I spent the time reading forum posts to know that spending dollars or gold on boosters would be a waste, so I didn't.  With fireworks time periods posted I was able to have everything available for harvest twice a day, and that was enough to complete each days assigned chips plus work towards the additional happiness bonus.  I definitely was worried if I'd ultimately complete the dragon and snake, but in the end it all worked out.  I didn't use many spec seeds, preferring to go with wheat since it's always needed, and I hoarded the seaweed for sometime in the future when I really need it.  One of the best rewards were the chests.  How I wish GGS would replace all the mystery boxes with their premium this and reg that, with the contents of what I found regularly in those chests.  I think a lot of folks would be much happier!  
  • last 6 hours of event been on all but 5 hours for a cat nap not one fire works
  • LordGamer101 (AU1)LordGamer101 (AU1) Posts: 53
    edited 04.02.2017
    I would like to know how many snakes you need to get 1% because i need 6 more % for my snakes to be completed.
    Post edited by LordGamer101 (AU1) on
  • Bufo (AU1)Bufo (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    edited 04.02.2017
    It depends on your player level when the event started :)

If your player level was:
    45-59 : 1% of Snakes would be 135.15;
    35-44 : 1% of Snakes would be 101.26;
    25-34 : 1% of Snakes would be 76.2;

Full details at http://crazybigfarm.tk/events/annual/chinese_new_year/chinese_new_year.htm

Edit: Last year, GGS had an offer at the end of the event to complete the decoration at the cost of 2 gold per missing chip.
  • It depends on your player level when the event started :)

If your player level was:
    45-59 : 1% of Snakes would be 135.15;
    35-44 : 1% of Snakes would be 101.26;
    25-34 : 1% of Snakes would be 76.2;

Full details at http://crazybigfarm.tk/events/annual/chinese_new_year/chinese_new_year.htm

Edit: Last year, GGS had an offer at the end of the event to complete the decoration at the cost of 2 gold per missing chip.
    Thank you very much :smiley:
  • And guess what,

pay gold to get your'e decoration.

Most people stopt already playing for he decoration.

And now i "only" have to pay 12.500"gold for the last snake-zodiacs.

How stupid do you think i realy am, told everybody this when you started this event.

You can  BUY the last for a lot of gold.

No suprises here

• A lot of players finished this with 0 gold spent.  Just need good strategy, this is by far the best annual event and wish we could do it twice a year.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    A lot of players finished this with 0 gold spent.  Just need good strategy, this is by far the best annual event and wish we could do it twice a year.
    For the most part except that the US server again had an 18 hour shortfall.  They gave us the 18 hours at the end, but this time, there was no way to go back to earn the pagoda deco.  
  • When everyone got their rooster deco... did it include the extra happiness points that were in blue off to the side (from getting more than 100% on a zodiac), or did one need to complete all the zodiacs to get those?
    When everyone got their rooster deco... did it include the extra happiness points that were in blue off to the side (from getting more than 100% on a zodiac), or did one need to complete all the zodiacs to get those?
    Apparently, we had to complete all the zodiacs to get the bonus.
  • @artful (US1) Thank you.. did not want to bother support if there was no need.... and can explain it to my co-op now. Much appreciated.
    You're very welcome.  
    @Byron Longford (AU1)  Twice a year would be fun..  The other one could be the Greek Zodiac .. Leo, Scorpio, Virgo, etc.  Same format (presuming the US Server thingy is fixed), just different skins.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    The Chinese NY deco doesnt appear to be in my deco tower, is it just me or GGS just didnt bother to add it?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Last year's Fire Monkey isn't either.  There are so many variations to the decoration that it probably wasn't possible to add to the Deco Tower.  Some decos were 7x7, some 6x6, some 5x5, some had the Rooster, some didn't, etc., etc.
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    Yes, what Southern ^^^  said   ;)
  • 0MrsB (US1)0MrsB (US1) US1 Posts: 25
    What happened to our bonus points? Just before Chinese New Year ended I had 54 points and 11 bonus points. when It ended my Fire rooster was given to me with 54 points.......... where did the extra 11 bonus points go?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    One need to get 100% of all the happiness zodiac chips for the bonus % to count :(
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    @Kamilcom (GB1)  Would love to play, but a boring playmate I would be since I agree with your conclusions.  Therefore I am happy that I spent the time reading forum posts to know that spending dollars or gold on boosters would be a waste, so I didn't.  With fireworks time periods posted I was able to have everything available for harvest twice a day, and that was enough to complete each days assigned chips plus work towards the additional happiness bonus.  I definitely was worried if I'd ultimately complete the dragon and snake, but in the end it all worked out.  I didn't use many spec seeds, preferring to go with wheat since it's always needed, and I hoarded the seaweed for sometime in the future when I really need it.  One of the best rewards were the chests.  How I wish GGS would replace all the mystery boxes with their premium this and reg that, with the contents of what I found regularly in those chests.  I think a lot of folks would be much happier!  
    Well isn't that even better? You will not destroy my sand castle and I will not destroy yours. :) We will play together like well behaved kids and build the best sand castle ever. :)
Sign In to comment.