Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Chinese New Year Event

Comments

• carjola (AU1)carjola (AU1) AU1 Posts: 252
    So today we have the extra day added to our missed first day but without anymore rewards meaning we still have missed out on the whole first days rewards including the noodle shop deco of which I was looking forward to.

GGS this is completely bad management. You give us an event which started at night & finished the first day a couple of hours later while majority of us on the Australian server were asleep or not online (or do u expect us to play 24hrs a day without sleep)

Everyone on the Australian server is owed this deco & rewards that we are entitled to due to your incompetency and we would like compensation for it.

• Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 09.02.2019
    @carjola (AU1)  @WascallyWabbit I also believe compensation for AU server should be ALL day 1 rewards as we had 0 chance to get any of them.

This comes down to my argument for long time, events should  start by server clock
  • joan007 (US1)joan007 (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    Well I will be doing a pass if the deco is as ugly as the last one never have used it  too darn ugly although I liked the event otherwise.
    The worst is reward 20. What a joke. We need someone new to pick our rewards

Joan
  • @carjola (AU1)  @WascallyWabbit I also believe compensation for AU server should be ALL day 1 rewards as we had 0 chance to get any of them.

This comes down to my argument for long time, events should  start by server clock

We will ask about this when the office opens on Monday :):smile:

• MinionBob (GB1)MinionBob (GB1) GB1 Posts: 137
    So I logged on this morning, after the event had finished, and a window appeared saying I had a decoration and it would be in my inventory. Only it isn't. I have refreshed, several times, I have looked through all the pages. My inventory is no longer full, which may have caused the problem in the first place but I received no notification of this either. Please can I have my decoration? Sadly I have no screen print as I was not anticipating an error :( I believe I was one point shy of the maximum.... If anyone can help I would be grateful :)
  • Sam-chan (US1)Sam-chan (US1) US1 Posts: 783
    PicklePaws a dit :
    @carjola (AU1)  @WascallyWabbit I also believe compensation for AU server should be ALL day 1 rewards as we had 0 chance to get any of them.

not only AU server has been impacted, please Ask for every body
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Confusing thing about the deco..

1-Placed it on my FF. Even though it had VHP, the build was only 6 seconds.
    2-Moved it to Deco Valley.
    3-Deco didn't show up in the Deco Tower.
    4-Moved it back to the FF. The build time was 15 minutes, which is what one would have expected the 1st time.
    5.Deco still not in the tower.
    6.Moved it back to Deco Valley.
    7.Gave up
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Mine did not show up in the  Deco Tower either :(
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Same as with the Christmas decos in other words. And a new fix in waiting. Wonders if that will be the case with all special decos from now on?

Keep smiling :smile: Things will get sorted, I am sure.

• shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    edited 09.02.2019
    The CNY decos have never been in the Tower. I have all 4 of them.

There are too many possible variations in appearance and happiness to make this practical.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 09.02.2019

4-Moved it back to the FF. The build time was 15 minutes, which is what one would have expected the 1st time.
    7.Gave up
    The initial build is almost always 6 seconds. It's the REBUILD that takes the 15 minutes. 

{Edit: Seeker is right; they don't add the CNY decos to the tower.}
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 09.02.2019
    Although the snowman decos and weekly event decos have multiple skins types, the snowman events and weekly events repeat every so often, so providing a slot for them in the tower is necessary.    I believe I have not seen a place in the tower for any previous CNY deco (monkey, rooster, dog,)  I could be wrong.   And if I am wrong... which floors are the CNY deco slots located in the tower??? 

My theory for the CNY decos not having a slot/s provided for them is with so many combination/possibilities with size and features of this buildable deco, it would simply take too many slots in the tower for a deco that would only come around once every 12 years or so (if they even decided to keep the same deco design after that much time). 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 1st time you place a VHP deco on your farm, this is the initial or first build.  
    A rebuild time should not occur. 

The 2nd time you place a VHP deco on your farm from storage, you are rebuilding the VHP deco,
    this incurs a rebuild time, hence the name. 

Hope that helps.  :)

7.Gave up
    The initial build is almost always 6 seconds. It's the REBUILD that takes the 15 minutes. 

{Edit: Seeker is right; they don't add the CNY decos to the tower.}
    Good to know. Thanks, S!
    Although the snowman decos and weekly event decos have multiple skins types, the snowman events and weekly events repeat every so often, so providing a slot for them in the tower is necessary.    I believe I have not seen a place in the tower for any previous CNY deco (monkey, rooster, dog,)  I could be wrong.   And if I am wrong... which floors are the CNY deco slots located in the tower??? 

My theory for the CNY decos not having a slot/s provided for them is with so many combination/possibilities with size and features of this buildable deco, it would simply take too many slots in the tower for a deco that would only come around once every 12 years or so (if they even decided to keep the same deco design after that much time). 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 1st time you place a VHP deco on your farm, this is the initial or first build.  
    A rebuild time should not occur. 

The 2nd time you place a VHP deco on your farm from storage, you are rebuilding the VHP deco,
    this incurs a rebuild time, hence the name. 

Hope that helps.  :)
    Makes sense. Thanks!!

edited 14.02.2019

Have we heard anything about this as well.   @PicklePaws
  • @carjola (AU1)  @WascallyWabbit I also believe compensation for AU server should be ALL day 1 rewards as we had 0 chance to get any of them.

Not yet.  Once we get an answer we will let you know :).
    edited 17.01.2020
    Every year AU server only get 2 or 3hrs of day 1 so misses out on day rewards.  Is this going to change this year so we have a chance to achieve these rewards or is AU ripped off again. @WascallyWabbit Last year they put time on the end but that still means we miss out on day 1 rewards as it did put the point achieved to day 1 rewards.  Instead of day 1 being 2 or 3 hrs it should be 26 or 27hrs this would fix the problem or change the start time so other countries only have 2 or 3 hrs for day 1 so we can get decent amount of time for it.  Come on be fair.  How about starting it at 2200 CET
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    the other game i play always has its event run the first day for the amount of time left for that day plus a whole 24hours. so that no matter were you live or weather you are a morning player only. you still have enough time to play the first day. so why cant the first day be 24hours plus what ever is left intill the day changes?
  • @Byron Longford (AU1)  See HERE for latest info.
    edited 17.01.2020
    @WascallyWabbit Thanks, but no matter how much we prepare there is no way in hell we can get the rewards in 4 hrs and that is if we all stay up until midnight on AU server.  shortened would be if day 1 had 12 hours, but 4hr come on be fair.  change start time by 12 hrs and let other server be disadvantage for a change and not ALWAYS this time zone or better still @ijrosh (US1) suggestion, another suggestion, give everyone on AU server all 1st day rewards, NZ players will all be in bed when this event starts as for them it is almost midnight

All giving start time does is help other servers that don't even need it.
  • @Byron Longford (AU1) We really do understand the issue & so does the CM, JP1 are also close to your time. Sometimes the events are started during their office hours, so that they are here, I don't know whether or not that is an issue with this one, but the CM hasn't given up yet & is going to give it a last shot on Monday.
  • Thanks @WascallyWabbit this is not new we have been complaining about this for at least 3 years.  But we always get same result from GGS, we don't care about your time zone, to bad so sad.  No compensation no nothing.  Just running from history.  All comes back to the same argument, events should be started per server clocks or rotated
    edited 17.01.2020

Not yet.  Once we get an answer we will let you know :).

BTW we never got an answer to this last year....lol dated 14/02/2019
  • The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
    edited 18.01.2020
    Hey everyone, maybe a missed a big part of these posts but what ggs needs to do is not change the starting time of the events, because although that would fix our problem, other servers would have the same problems and then they would want it changed back.

So, although we can't do it for events like the wwc or the master's league cc because they are server-wide competitions, for all the other events such as, Goldfish rescue, Hwe's, Vf's, Christmas events, the Halloween event and the Chinese new year, what ggs actually needs to do is change the starting time of the events on certain server's that are hugely disadvantaged by the start times.

Now, this would take some time but i'm sure ggs can scrape together a few staff to look up time zones and it surely wouldn't be asking the world for a programmer to change the code for the starting and ending times which, realistically, shouldn't be pages and pages of code.

Hope this a half-good idea and that ggs takes it into consideration in one form or another... if they ever read it :D
  • Byron Longford (AU1) said:
    BTW we never got an answer to this last year....lol dated 14/02/2019
    @Byron Longford (AU1)  The timing issue with events like this one, are partly a case of "be careful what you wish for", you probably remember that all events used to run on CET, starting & ending a the same time on all servers & the complaints then were always about start times, so they tried changing to a server time system, we got the server clocks & the Happy hour event, but it never did work right & was partly abandoned, so now we have a half & half thing going on, the CNY event starts at the same time for everyone & then switches to server time as each server hits midnight (we get similar thing happening with the hunting events) so it would appear that they cannot get the events to start on server time right from the get go.  

Personally I think we were better off as we were, get rid of the server time part, run the events at the same time for everyone, that way every server will get a 24 hour 1st day, part of which they will be asleep, some at the start of the day & some at the end, but at least it would be equal for everyone. Then they can find a better way to address the issue of start times. - But I am a mod. not a dev, maybe it is not possible to go back to how it used to work.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    i still say have day 1 be over 24 hours like my other game does. so if the event on that one starts at 3pm. then the day switches at midnight then that event is 33 hours long for the first day. which means that if you collected the prizes for day 1 in the first 9hours you cant in the next 24. i hope this is making sense. i am not a programmer and not sure how coding works. but i would think it would not be hard to make it so that the first time it switches days it still knows to count as day 1.
    Many, many, many games out there have events start at different server times. Just sayin' ...  However, until they learn how to do it, having all events start at the same CET makes the most sense, especially if they move the start time an hour or so each time they start the event so that everyone has the same opportunity to have the event start at a decent hour now and then:  the event starts at 1 am CET, next time 3 am, next time 5 am, etc. Rockin' around the clock.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    There was a time when we had the same troubles with the hunting events. They finally ended up adding an day to the end of the event to give every one a fair chance at completing the event. 

P.S.
    What has happened to the hunting events?? The last one was some time ago now. Do hope they will bring them back soon ;)
    edited 19.01.2020
    @Data King (US1) That is what they did for CNY last year as well, but it does not help as we still do not get day 1 rewards.  Every year I complete every day EXCEPT for day 1 rewards, it would be ok to add time to end as long a it counted to day 1 rewards for those who did not receive.  Easier solution is to have day 1 last for 24hrs longer, so for us it would be 27hrs day 1, Euro would have a real long day 1 of over 36hrs.  Way better to add the 24hrs at day 1 solves all the problem
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    @Data King (US1) That is what they did for CNY last year as well, but it does not help as we still do not get day 1 rewards.  Every year I complete every day EXCEPT for day 1 rewards, it would be ok to add time to end as long a it counted to day 1 rewards for those who did not receive.
    Agree a replay of day 1 on the last day with the proper rewards should have been done. Sure hope they take your suggestion. :)
Sign In to comment.