Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Chinese New Year Event

Comments

• maggie02 (INT1)maggie02 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 524
    I found fireworks twice at a gap of one and a half hours.
  • Sukiyaki (US1)Sukiyaki (US1) US1 Posts: 555
    Why did day 1 last only a couple hours instead of 24 hours? and day 2 did not last 24 hours either?
  • If I did not know better I would say GGS is taking a page from Dilbert (comic strip) and outsourced the event development to the Elbonians.  LOLOLOLOL!!
  • Bronmeg (AU1)Bronmeg (AU1) AU1 Posts: 16
    Hi Moderators
    was just looking thru last years Zodiac flags won and was just comparing it to my new rat flags - and wondered if it was at all possible to include the year in which it was won - ie rat flag 2017 for example.  I do realise that they do look different but only on closer inspection, perhaps this may also be an idea for other flags won that repeat on special events, valentines day etc
    Many thanks
    Bronmeg - proud member of Farming Geeks co-operative

• the event for me is over, while harvesting i still see the cards, however the daily cards counter doesnt go down, it keeps stuck at 26, tried different browsers, restarting pc, removing cookies nothing helps :neutral: 

Anyone who has the same problem?
  • I've got the same problem. Counter aid 150 more needed - harvested apples dropped 190 cards and counter said I still needed 130 to get to next level.
  • Ahha...I get it. Only rat cards count today...
  • Correct Tracey, each day has a different activity challenge, day 2 is only counting Rat chips & the rewards include the new Rat flags :)
  • There is a bug in the game causing the Chinese New Year event problems. Loads are harvesting their farms and collecting hundreds of chips but only a very small amount is registering.  I looked on here but seems no one has mentioned it yet i know its happening to loads of players farms.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    There is a bug in the game causing the Chinese New Year event problems. Loads are harvesting their farms and collecting hundreds of chips but only a very small amount is registering.  I looked on here but seems no one has mentioned it yet i know its happening to loads of players farms.
    As clearly explained in the OA - only all chips will count for 3 days (when a stack of cards is shown in the menu). Today is the day of the RAT, so today only the cards from the RAT will be registered.
  • So someone tell me if this is right or wrong.....
    It seems you have to wait for a firework to appear before harvesting your farm , which appears randomly and may only appear once in a day. Therefore what chips you collect during your harvest without firework being there don't count.
    so If you miss the firework then you will not complete that day. Seems a bit pointless playing to collect if this is true
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    So someone tell me if this is right or wrong.....
    It seems you have to wait for a firework to appear before harvesting your farm , which appears randomly and may only appear once in a day. Therefore what chips you collect during your harvest without firework being there don't count.
    so If you miss the firework then you will not complete that day. Seems a bit pointless playing to collect if this is true
    You collect (and count) chips all day. Fireworks just boost their amount and work magic in your progress. On day 2 you only count rats for daily tasks. All the other signs count toward zodiacs total. Always check what you're supposed to collect for daily 20. Fireworks do appear randomly, more then once a day, but not very often.
  • pumpingboy (GB1)pumpingboy (GB1) Posts: 51
    edited 22.01.2017
    Wascallywabbit,if that's true then why did it count every card collected yesterday the first day ?

Post edited by pumpingboy (GB1) on
  • There is a bug in the game causing the Chinese New Year event problems. Loads are harvesting their farms and collecting hundreds of chips but only a very small amount is registering.  I looked on here but seems no one has mentioned it yet i know its happening to loads of players farms.
    As clearly explained in the OA - only all chips will count for 3 days (when a stack of cards is shown in the menu). Today is the day of the RAT, so today only the cards from the RAT will be registered.
    So that means if only rat cards count in the activity challenge, it will not be possible to collect maybe 2000 rat cards to complete the 20 events in the activity challenge part, unless you use huge amounts of gold to keep skipping harvests.
    So its aimed at gold spending therefore A Gold Spending Event
    edited 05.02.2017
    Afbeeldingsresultaat voor fireworks gif

FIREWORKS up until now (Central Europe Time):

(and here's a handy link to compare times when you are in a different time zone: https://time.is/compare/CET )
    Thanks CrazyBigFarm55!

January 21:

02:30
    04:25
    08:40
    16:00
    18:42
    20:30

January 22:
    01:46
    03:30
    06:02
    12:15  (19 min)
    15:30  (15 min)
    19:45  (20 min)
    22:00  (15 min)

January 23:
    01.45  (15 min)
    03:15  (24 min)
    10:02  (20 min)
    12:00  (25 min)
    16:45  (15 min)
    20:45  (65 min)
    23:20  (25 min)

January 24:
    04.30  (20 min)
    06.20  (15 min)
    11.45  (20 min)
    21.00  (15 min)
    23.30  (20 min)

January 25:
    02.15  (15 min)
    08.45  (25 min)
    12:00  (20 min)
    16:45  (30 min) 
    19:00  (25 min) 
    22:45  (15 min) 

January 26:
    04:45  (15 min)
    09:15  (20 min)
    12:45  (20 min)
    15:45  (25 min)
    18:30  (20 min)

January 27: 
    01:45  (15 min)
    07:00  (20 min)
    11:45  (20 min)
    17:15  (25 min)
    19:15  (15 min)
    21:30  (25 min) 
    23:45  (20 min)  

January 28:
    03:45  (15 min)
    08:30  (25 min)
    11:00  (60 min)
    15:30  (20 min)
    18:00  (60 min) 
    23:00  (25 min) 

January 29:
    01:15  (20 min)
    06:45  (15 min)
    10:00  (20 min)
    12:15  (25 min)
    15:45  (15 min)
    20:45  (15 min)

January 30:
    01:15  (25 min)
    06:30  (25 min)
    09:15  (20 min)
    11:45  (15 min)
    14:45  (20 min)
    18:30  (15 min)
    22:45  (25 min)

January 31:
    03:30  (20 min)  
    07:15  (15 min)
    10:00  (25 min)
    14:45  (20 min) 
    18:00  (25 min) 
    22:15  (15 min)  

February 1:
    00:00  (25 min)
    03:45  (15 min) 
    08:30  (20 min)
    11:15  (20 min)
    16:30  (15 min)
    19:15  (25 min)
    22:15  (15 min

February 2:
    00:45  (20 min)
    08:00  (15 min)
    12:45  (25 min) 
    15:15  (20 min)
    19:15  (15 min) 
    23:45  (25 min)

February 3:
    04:15  (20 min)
    09:30  (15 min)
    14:00  (20 min)
    17:30  (25 min)
    19:30  (15 min)

February 4:
    01:15  (25 min)
    09:30  (20 min) 
    11:00  (25 min)
    13:30  (20 min) 
    19:30  (25 min) 
    22:00  (20 min) 
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
    edited 22.01.2017
    Wascallywabbit,if that's true then why did it count every card collected yesterday the first day ?

So each day is different and only counts a card that is for that day only. (ie pig card)
    So that means you would have to use gold to skip harvest production to be able to find the cards required, that makes more sense to me, so its a gold spend event ???
    BECAUSE - as already explained several times to you in other threads where you have posted exactly the same - just like last year - we have a few days (last year it was 3 days) where the menu shows a stack of cards (like yesterday) and then all zodiac chips do count (and one can win a nice deco). All the other days the menu will show the picture of 1 certain zodiac animal and then, on that very day, only those cards of that animal are registered (and one can win a flag).

If you want to call it a Gold spend event than go ahead, if this makes you feel better. If you don't want to play this event because of that, you are free to choose so .
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • 6 of the 11 are useless in the weekend.

• and Monday - Friday you will get a lot between 8:00 and 16:00.

Because that are the working hours.

• WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 22.01.2017
    Hi Moderators
    was just looking thru last years Zodiac flags won and was just comparing it to my new rat flags - and wondered if it was at all possible to include the year in which it was won - ie rat flag 2017 for example.  I do realise that they do look different but only on closer inspection, perhaps this may also be an idea for other flags won that repeat on special events, valentines day etc
    Many thanks
    Bronmeg - proud member of Farming Geeks co-operative

@Bronmeg (AU1) We will certainly pass that on for you, I am surprised it is not included in the description, even if they did not want to put it on the flags.

[Some posts have been removed from this thread, as they were repeating the same thing after 2 threads were merged together & unnecessarily provocative - Play nice everyone!  | Wabbit]
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 22.01.2017
    There is a bug in the game causing the Chinese New Year event problems. Loads are harvesting their farms and collecting hundreds of chips but only a very small amount is registering.  I looked on here but seems no one has mentioned it yet i know its happening to loads of players farms.
    So that means if only rat cards count in the activity challenge, it will not be possible to collect maybe 2000 rat cards to complete the 20 events in the activity challenge part, unless you use huge amounts of gold to keep skipping harvests.
    So its aimed at gold spending therefore A Gold Spending Event
    It's luck based. Your rats eiher drop good, or they don't. If you're lucky to catch fireworks and drop good rat count during that time, you're easily sorted. If unlucky, then yes, it's as you say. Either spend insane amounts of dollars in hope of geting rat booster, or spend gold to get rat direct, which is also insane imo. :)
    THANKS @WascallyWabbit !!
  • zeke 25 (US1)zeke 25 (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    I have been playing steady for the last 3 days and the snakeand dragon numbers are still at 1% and the rabbit is at 2 %.  This can not be true as i have seen them come up as often as the others.  I will not spend a dime on a game that is screwed up like this one.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I have been playing steady for the last 3 days and the snakeand dragon numbers are still at 1% and the rabbit is at 2 %.  This can not be true as i have seen them come up as often as the others.  I will not spend a dime on a game that is screwed up like this one.
    Remember that is a percentage of the total you need  ;)
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Not a fan of the date on the flag  why ruin a pic with that.
  • Mee8 (AU1)Mee8 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 213
    Hi I finished day 2 this morning, and it says owned for the rat sign but I cannot find it anywhere anyone have a clue where it would be??
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Hi, Mee8,

Click on your inventory box, then on the flag icon.  It should be there.  :)

• Mee8 (AU1)Mee8 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 213
    Found it thanks  :blush:
    What DK said.  Also, there is a darker, brownish outer circle around each animal.  You should see it grow as you collect your cards.  Although, it takes a lot of boosters to see much progress.  
     B) 
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    How can you lose Happiness after you've earned it?  Several members of my coop left last night with one Happiness Value and then to the right the Bonus Happiness Value.  Today, the first Happiness amount has dropped, (in one case, 7 points).  If you spin the wheel do you lose 1 Happiness point?  Or if you skip the spin you get, do you lose 1?  Any help on understanding why this has occurred would be appreciated.
Sign In to comment.