Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 8th - "Christmas Preparations Event" & Village Happiness - Discussion

Comments

• archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    Found the quest separate from all my other quests in the window for the event in another tab
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    edited 13.12.2016
    dont play santa event it will not give a good deco if you completed all chapter 100% , i was thinking that deco will merge in chapter 5 so that we will get 1 big deco but  i m wrong , all chapter have different deco and each chapter will start from 7 or 8 happiness depends on ur level .

We will get good deco in weekly events that give 5*5=98 happiness ( 4 happiness per square approx ) and santa gives 3 happiness per square /.
  • Sharkie (GB1)Sharkie (GB1) GB1 Posts: 57
    This coop member logged on to water the tree, did not harvest a crop and was suddenly participating in the event. As you can see in the screenshot, none of the crop amounts were filled. This event has no opt out button for players who do not play the game several times a day which I think is a mistake.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Sharkie this is a known flaw you now need to get that order done so you dont lose out

• Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    wat ashim said is perfectly right

a 5*2 deco with 30 to 35 happiness is nothing

GGS we need better rewards:((.  

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    last years decoration might have been big being a 7x7 but it had 107 happiness points for me i personal would like that better then a 5x2 with what i believe would be a 27 happiness right now for me
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 13.12.2016
    last years decoration might have been big being a 7x7 but it had 107 happiness points for me i personal would like that better then a 5x2 with what i believe would be a 27 happiness right now for me
    107 / 49 total squares = 2.1 Happiness per square.

27 / 10 total squares = 2.7 Happiness per square.

And if you use Greta to get the Train Car up to 40 Happiness (easy & fairly cheap), that's 4.0 Happiness per square.

The castle may be pretty, but from a functionality standpoint give me the train. :)

(Bigger ≠ Better)

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I personally would love to see some 1x1 decos -- flat ones, like a golden tile or something -- with a decent happiness value, of course.  We need some fillers.

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    For chapter one, I have no idea whatsoever what I am supposed to do for the chapter one xmas quest, somehow I have it to 14%, no idea how.

There's nothing anywhere to explain what my individual tasks are that I have to do....
    for the first part of the chapter you must harvest the items on your list. As other members from your co op complete their list they can then move to part 2 and help other to complete their list. Sound to me you have harvested items on your list and may have had some secret santa's helping you out ;)
    I personally would love to see some 1x1 decos -- flat ones, like a golden tile or something -- with a decent happiness value, of course.  We need some fillers.

They're in game. They cost 179,000 gold each.

Not joking.
    edited 14.12.2016
    Did phase 3 have the end? Or contrats keep going till the end of chapter 1?
    No phase or part 3 did not end. The more challenges you and your co op completes til the end of chapter 1 the more happiness added to the deco you earn for completing the chapter. Keep an eye on your timer for the change over to chapter 2. About the same time as the start of the CC.

She does not even have to tell you the slot number. It does not matter. Once a member complete their harvest part they then can donate items to help fill others lists. The player donating to help just has to click a list to see which item they can donate to help. There is no rhyme or reason to the items or how they match up.

Posts Merged | Cuddly

Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on

They're in game. They cost 179,000 gold each.

Not joking.
    *THUD*
    Another point: When we donate it would help to see what's on original order as it helps determine where the player will need help without asking. Didn't we have it like this last year?

And no "start" button is real crap. Top class crap I'd say. :)

CC now? :) Give me a break, will ya? :)

It does not matter what is on the list. Once your list is complete you can then donate items to help fill others list. All the player that is donating has to click on a list that needs help and donate the item shown. There is no rhyme or reason or matching of items in most cases.
  • Quack (IN1)Quack (IN1) IN1 Posts: 172
    Anyone took new players back into the coop after the update?If so what happened with the Bonus round?Did that reset anything?
  • Quack (IN1)Quack (IN1) IN1 Posts: 172
    Anyone took new players back into the coop after the update?If so what happened with the Bonus round?Did that reset anything?
    @Quack (IN1)

Yes, it reverts, and they have to complete their list inorder for you to unlock bonus again.

And Bonus round was saved?Did the Bonus start from where it stopped?Your cooperative tried that?Not talking about already existing player harvesting but new player joining back in cooperative and then what happens to the bonus round?
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 13.12.2016
    Another point: When we donate it would help to see what's on original order as it helps determine where the player will need help without asking. Didn't we have it like this last year?

And no "start" button is real crap. Top class crap I'd say. :)

CC now? :) Give me a break, will ya? :)

It does not matter what is on the list. Once your list is complete you can then donate items to help fill others list. All the player that is donating has to click on a list that needs help and donate the item shown. There is no rhyme or reason or matching of items in most cases.
    Well, @Data King (US1) I know it's early morning but you didn't get my point at all. It does matter to me and if you re-read what I posted you will hopefully see why. :)

Examples to expand further:
    • I want others on my team to enjoy the game also instead of just mindlessly finishing their order for them. Knowing what they have on their list helps me determine with rather big precision where they will struggle and will need help as it's clear from the product and leve/numberl of their facility how long it will take them to produce. So instead of filling what they would have done with their next harvest themselves anyway I can focuss on real spot of need straight away without putting them through interrogation, yet leave space for them to continue playing/enjoying their order. :)
    • Donating is not always better then harvesting as I could waste my (precious) resources on donation where I would normaly have more finantially effective use for it. Or their harvest is more effective then my donation due to huge difference in amount asked, for example them harvesting 1000 apples versus me donating 32 000 apples. And I do have better use for that many apples then donating, trust me. :) Or simply just cause harvesting fills the barns while donating empties them, so based on other factors it may be more efficient to fill some parts of the order by  harvesting ......... etc. Type of interplay whch makes the game more fun then just strong players mindlessly overriding (spoiling) the game for everyone else. 
    Being able to see orginal order would save me a lot of asking and note taking. I think we had it like that last year so why not now? I know GG is not very supportive to inteligent playing, but think mine is still a valid point. Any clearer now? :)

And btw we don't care about phase 3. Not worth the struggle from what i read. We are small veeeeeeeeery laid back co-op and will be happy just to finish with everyone's order on 100 % while everybody enjoyed the ride. :) If we can make it at all without disrupting our casual gaming lounge too much. :) If we still get to phase 3 soon enough while leasurely plodding around anyway, then everybody can start their individual bonus task as they wish. Simple plan for relaxed fun. :)

• You can add 920,000 pigs for a level 3 co op challenge
    We got 200k eggs as our challenge. 
    not sure if 3 ppl can pull that off, considering we all also have jobs to tend to.. Oh well, I gotta love those 13 cloudberry seeds I got for the first donation!  B)

It's a sh*t event.  We're all trying to make rhyme and reason of it, but let's face it, it's a sh*t event.

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 13.12.2016
    It's a sh*t event.  We're all trying to make rhyme and reason of it, but let's face it, it's a sh*t event.

Especially that "forced" participation sucks, doesn't it. :) Not gamer friendly at all. But it's in line with BF aggressive/manpulative/insensitive ways as any long term player could have noticed. :) Although  basically it's the same as CC. Once you are in co-op, when CC starts, you're in whether you like it or not. Just a bit more personal push here then in CC.

Especially that "forced" participation sucks, doesn't it. :) Not gamer friendly at all. But it's in line with BF aggressive/manpulative/insensitive ways as any long term player could have noticed. :) Although  basically it's the same as CC. Once you are in co-op, when CC starts, you're in whether you like it or not. Just a bit more personal push here then in CC.
    Forced participation does indeed suck.
  • badianier (FR1)badianier (FR1) Posts: 838
    edited 13.12.2016
    HI

- Fixing the issue where users were losing the progress of a coop task in phase 3 if the coop goes back to phase 2 and then again 3.

Who can confirm that if someone starts his list we come back ?

If a new entry, it works how, we have finished the lists ?
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    edited 13.12.2016
    Farmers,

Be aware that chapter 1 of Santa's wish list will end on Wednesday at 23:59 CET, 

and that the timer showing on the event is not correct at this point.
    Please spread the word !

Rowdy
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
    Rowdy Rac said:
    Farmers,

Be aware that chapter 1 of Santa's wish list will end on Wednesday at 23:59 CET, 

and that the timer showing on the event is not correct at this point.
    Please spread the word !

Rowdy
    @Rowdy Rac , do we know yet if US1 is going to follow the same reset time as the rest of the servers?

(Referring to the bug where "Day 1" is usually only 6 hours long, such as for the Rudolph event - if you didn't get the Day 1 reward in the first 6 hours, you had to buy that days reward with gold).

Just a little worried that if this event is going to suffer from the same bug, we may wind up getting reset 18 hours early..
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    THX Rowdy! :+1:
  • Thank you Rowdy Rac!  :)

• RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @Southern (US1)

As far as we are aware the reset time for US1 and AU1 will be the same, yes.

Your starting day for the event was shorter but your final day will be longer than that of other servers, which might be advantageous when it comes to collecting snowflakes ;)

Rowdy
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572

And if you use Greta to get the Train Car up to 40 Happiness (easy & fairly cheap), that's 4.0 Happiness per square.

The castle may be pretty, but from a functionality standpoint give me the train. :)

(Bigger ≠ Better)

we can get 98 happiness in weekly event , size is 5*5 
    98/25 = 4 happiness per square approx 
    no need to upgrade the happiness for 4 happiness as we need to do in train deco
    IF ggs add happines of each chapter in the chapter 5 then we will get a good deco else GGS are again fooling us .
    HAPPINESS OF chap1+chap2+chap3+chap4 = chap5 + bonus( collect flakes )
    there is no change in size its 2*5 in chap 5 also
    We already have 5square happiness in all 3 farm then why we should play santa only for 3  happiness per square ?
    atleast they need to give 6 happiness/square
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627

(Bigger ≠ Better)

we can get 98 happiness in weekly event , size is 5*5 
    98/25 = 4 happiness per square approx 
    no need to upgrade the happiness for 4 happiness as we need to do in train deco
    IF ggs add happines of each chapter in the chapter 5 then we will get a good deco else GGS are again fooling us .
    HAPPINESS OF chap1+chap2+chap3+chap4 = chap5 + bonus( collect flakes )
    there is no change in size its 2*5 in chap 5 also
    We already have 5square happiness in all 3 farm then why we should play santa only for 3  happiness per square ?
    atleast they need to give 6 happiness/square
    u r absolutely right ashim lolll
    ggs we need better decos plz.
    make size atleast back to 2*4
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    For me  the Christmas train decorations are valuable because
    1)  they are unique  and
    2) their size makes them desirable.

A 5 x 5 deco can only fit in one way, in one place.
    Five 2 x 5 decorations can be either placed together, or spread over 3 farms, depending on where you need them. They will be able to fill little spaces that may otherwise be unoccupied and where a 5 x 5 decoration will definitely not fit.

It's not just about total happiness value but also about usefulness and the size of these makes them useful. For those of us who don't use much gold and therefore don't buy deco's for gold, this is a good opportunity to obtain deco's in these useful sizes.
  • My problem still is to help other members of my coop most seam to  need cherry's and i don't use gold so i cant see that we will finish the first list at all.
Sign In to comment.