Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New 4th Farm - Volcanic Island! - CANCELLED

Comments

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Sure, it's fine to want to know about the new farm. But the mods already have said it will not be released any time soon, and they will let us know as soon as they themselves know something. If you've ever worked on a long-term project, finish-by dates often aren't known and move according to how things progress.. Better for them to say they don't know, yet, than to just throw a date out there to shut everybody up and then have everyone angry when it doesn't happen. Deadlines move constantly.

When and if they know something definite, they will tell us. They have said so repeatedly. Not really sure what's not to understand.

There is a very, very, very fine line between making an inquiry and being that annoying kid in the car during a road trip, "Are we there, yet? Are we there, yet? Are we there, yet?" 
    LOL.. I had those exact words, in a draft, ready to post a few days ago.. But then I chickened out. :)
  • RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    If we're going to talk about the new farm, why not talk about what we KNOW? There's a lot to discuss. The treasure hunt, the animals (love the vulture), transporting materials with the jetty, the color scheme, whatever. We got a nice glimpse of what's to come maybe we could focus on that.
  • If we're going to talk about the new farm, why not talk about what we KNOW? There's a lot to discuss. The treasure hunt, the animals (love the vulture), transporting materials with the jetty, the color scheme, whatever. We got a nice glimpse of what's to come maybe we could focus on that.
    Good idea. The treasure hunt sounds fun. I watched the video again, whale and tiger will be fun to save. The production manager did say items from main farm would be taken to jetty and shipped, if this is correct, what about those players not in a co-op, how will they ship items? A question for the mods, if they even know at this point.
  • edwinmit (INT1)edwinmit (INT1) INT1 Posts: 47
    my guess is more like textile mills, making steal or anything ralated! but some dingy thing is agoing too be about right!
  • my guess is more like textile mills, making steal or anything ralated! but some dingy thing is agoing too be about right!
    You may be right about the factories. My co-op has been upgrading like crazy. Been hard at work on the jetty also. I guess we will have to wait and see how the new farm will work.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    We won't know until it gets here, of course, but the scuttlebutt seems to be that it's not a regular farm, but will have a lot of tasks and quests, many of which will rely heavily on the Village to complete.
  • I was wondering just how much of farming would actually go on. Seems more like animal rescue, after watching the video once again. My co-op is in a frenzy to get factories to level 50(when I took my hiatus, we were getting close). I do think the Village will play a big part, and wonder if that is why GGS is revamping it. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I was wondering just how much of farming would actually go on. Seems more like animal rescue, after watching the video once again. My co-op is in a frenzy to get factories to level 50(when I took my hiatus, we were getting close). I do think the Village will play a big part, and wonder if that is why GGS is revamping it. 
    That's what I thought, too, about revamping. A way to save the Village. Our coop does little with the Village, so I'm not sure what level our involvement will be with the new farm. We're pretty laid back when it comes to events and coop things, so I'm not sure how fired up some will be ... LOL!
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    If we're going to talk about the new farm, why not talk about what we KNOW? There's a lot to discuss. The treasure hunt, the animals (love the vulture), transporting materials with the jetty, the color scheme, whatever. We got a nice glimpse of what's to come maybe we could focus on that.
    Good idea. The treasure hunt sounds fun. I watched the video again, whale and tiger will be fun to save. The production manager did say items from main farm would be taken to jetty and shipped, if this is correct, what about those players not in a co-op, how will they ship items? A question for the mods, if they even know at this point.
    Probably cost us gold to bypass it.  LOL, just had to add that, couldn't help myself.  :smiley:
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    To be honest i've lost interest in the new Volcano farm. If the GGS track record is anything to go by this thing will be a complete mess/disappointment when its released and there's already enough bugs and lag in this game as it stands now. We are so overloaded with events right now (some events appearing inside players main farms now) so its not like we are sitting around with nothing to do.
  • If we're going to talk about the new farm, why not talk about what we KNOW? There's a lot to discuss. The treasure hunt, the animals (love the vulture), transporting materials with the jetty, the color scheme, whatever. We got a nice glimpse of what's to come maybe we could focus on that.
    Probably cost us gold to bypass it.  LOL, just had to add that, couldn't help myself.  :smiley:
    I wouldn't be bit surprised about charging gold. 
  • I was wondering just how much of farming would actually go on. Seems more like animal rescue, after watching the video once again. My co-op is in a frenzy to get factories to level 50(when I took my hiatus, we were getting close). I do think the Village will play a big part, and wonder if that is why GGS is revamping it. 
    That's what I thought, too, about revamping. A way to save the Village. Our coop does little with the Village, so I'm not sure what level our involvement will be with the new farm. We're pretty laid back when it comes to events and coop things, so I'm not sure how fired up some will be ... LOL!

• S and A Farms (US1)S and A Farms (US1) US1 Posts: 379
    edited 13.07.2018
    @artful (US1) I hope the revamp does make the Village more playable. Not holding my breath though.

• To be honest i've lost interest in the new Volcano farm. If the GGS track record is anything to go by this thing will be a complete mess/disappointment when its released and there's already enough bugs and lag in this game as it stands now. We are so overloaded with events right now (some events appearing inside players main farms now) so its not like we are sitting around with nothing to do.

• S and A Farms (US1)S and A Farms (US1) US1 Posts: 379
    edited 13.07.2018
    @gizmo22 (AU1) I was never all that excited about a new farm to begin with. After all the debacles we have had in the last year or so, I have a feeling this may be another one to add to the list. You are right, we are overloaded with events, so there is always something to do.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Well I am seeing that I rubbed off on others in a good way I hope , nice to see everyone finally talking bout the New Farm , I am hoping for New Decorations as well as the New Animals, I am  wondering though if there will be more then just that one character they showed added into the game, I think it would be fun if we were able to find items that was needed from the land like a scavenger hunt type thing, I also wonder what other type of buildings we are getting besides the ones that were shown this time around, I for one would like to get My very own Pirate ship for transporting items around, I think that would be Fun, :)
  • Sorry BlueDenim, it wasn't you, it was RobAnybody(US1) that got the ball rolling. I think the one character will be it. Like Oleg for all 3 farms, Yarnacle for the Village, Barnacle for the ship(FF). The character was a bit creepy looking.
    I think the old lady is who we are working to help, like George. So I'm hoping for another character to take down, like Lester. 

edited 16.07.2018
    Sorry BlueDenim, it wasn't you, it was RobAnybody(US1) that got the ball rolling. I think the one character will be it. Like Oleg for all 3 farms, Yarnacle for the Village, Barnacle for the ship(FF). The character was a bit creepy looking.
    Really? Yup ok, what ever you say, no biggie to Me nope., gave ya the LOL  np., I would not know what that person said as that person is on My ignore list, but again no biggie, :) 
    Post edited by Blue Denim (US1) on
    edited 16.07.2018
    I wish to say to Everyone in the forums, that you can say nasty things to Me all you wish, it wont bring Me down nope in fact it only Brings Me up in knowing that I am keeping others on their toes, I am bout the ( Only One ) who was Bringing up the New Farm, all the stuff before that was ( Old Threads ) from 1 to 2 years ago even, so for anyone to Tell Me that I was not the reason for others talking bout the New Farm  again I have to say that just is not true, Cause ( Everyone ) Else just wanted to toss it under the rug and forget bout it so to speak, so you can say nasty remarks to Me all you want cause I wont let none of it ruin My game nor bother Me, I know That I will keep asking bout the New Farm and ( Not ) toss it under the rug again nope, :) , I just wanted to let ( Everyone ) know, thank you for your time,.
    PLEASE DO NOT ENGAGE WITH THE POST/POSTER ABOVE THIS ONE
    This member is not seeking information or a discussion about the new farm.  Her question was answered ages ago. This kind of post will only derail our conversation. So, let's just skip over that one and get back to talking about the new farm.

We only got a glimpse of the artwork for the farm. The style and colors are great. It looks more "grown up" than previous farms. I get that they are going for an overall cartoon-like feel but this looks more sophisticated. It keeps the friendly/cute style without it being "cutesy".  A definite plus, I think.

• PLEASE DO NOT ENGAGE WITH THE POST/POSTER ABOVE THIS ONE
    This member is not seeking information or a discussion about the new farm.  Her question was answered ages ago. This kind of post will only derail our conversation. So, let's just skip over that one and get back to talking about the new farm.

We only got a glimpse of the artwork for the farm. The style and colors are great. It looks more "grown up" than previous farms. I get that they are going for an overall cartoon-like feel but this looks more sophisticated. It keeps the friendly/cute style without it being "cutesy".  A definite plus, I think.

The art work was a bit hard to see, but what was visible looked interesting. The whale pool was my favorite.
    edited 17.07.2018
    Again you can insult all you want, makes no difference to Me, Telling others to ignore what I say only proves one thing, That My point was made, that you are being nothing but Negative to Me for no real reason so thank you very much, and your flagging Me for standing up for Myself ? wow ok, I will also add the other person to My ignore list as well, no problem, And I am not spamming at all, just cause I am standing up for Myself from Bullies, does not mean I am Spamming thank you,   now back to the New Farm,, 
    I was thinking bout the stuff they say they are going to add, I am wondering if we will get a New Back Horizon as well, Like maybe one with Ash flying around since it is a Volcano Farm, :) , or one with flames in the back ground , Game Team ?
    Post edited by Blue Denim (US1) on
    I was wondering just how much of farming would actually go on. Seems more like animal rescue, after watching the video once again. My co-op is in a frenzy to get factories to level 50(when I took my hiatus, we were getting close). I do think the Village will play a big part, and wonder if that is why GGS is revamping it. 
    The only time I go into that Village is when they do the Hidden objects mini events, or when they add in the fair, other then that I stay out of it, so I am hoping that the New Farm will let Me do more in the village then what I have done, :)
    edited 17.07.2018
    my guess is more like textile mills, making steal or anything ralated! but some dingy thing is agoing too be about right!

That sounds interesting, I am also wondering if they will do different leathers for like clothing and shoes and purses  and such, :), as our chars do need clothing , shoes and the ladies do need their purses ya know, :smiley:
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    The farm is cancel or what? It has to start on the new year what year was that? 2020?
    The farm is cancel or what? It has to start on the new year what year was that? 2020?
    My same thought exactly, :)
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    Coffee - Sugar cain - Pineapple - Just about any Cash Crop Including but not limited to plants that produce  cannabinoids - Saffron - Poppy - Check out the price per lbs on Saffron -

BJs (US1) said:
    Coffee - Sugar cain - Pineapple - Just about any Cash Crop Including but not limited to plants that produce  cannabinoids - Saffron - Poppy - Check out the price per lbs on Saffron -

I am hoping for more products not plant related for the Volcanic Farm, as I am far from having a green thumb , I can kill a cactus! so other plants do not stand a chance with Me, thank goodness though that My characters on My farm can do it , :)
    edited 27.07.2018
    I am wondering what type of Farm equipment we will be getting with the New Volcano Farm  , there are tractors and such on the other farms, but we would need something different for the Volcano farm would we not? , Game Team do you expect us to use the same equipment on all the farms? if so that makes no sense what so ever as Farms vary, and need different machines ect to work on them.
This discussion has been closed.