Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Oct 27th - Going Fishing! - Discussion

Comments

• lthrrr (GB1)lthrrr (GB1) Posts: 1,665
    UK server back up already !
  • hey, how do I open the "Fishing Manual", Oleg is asking us to open?
    I opened the help available in the fishing window, but that didnt do the trick!
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
     I wasn't asked to open a fishing manual as far as I know.

Well after ignoring the feedback of your testers once again, you added another bug-filled feature. I must say that I was surprised that at least this time there was information when I clicked on the ? for help. However, after getting the task to fish for 150 kg of bass it will not let me fish.

I have all the equipment needed, have moved what I need over to the tackle box, all green check marks in place...when I try to fish nothing happens. The reel won't cast.

I don't really even want to fish, really don't see the point of it (except to make me waste my farm dollars/gold) and am frustrated that once again you totally disregarded the feedback of the testers.

• Faranth2 (AU1)Faranth2 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 318
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The dratted reel won't stop clicking --- on every farm --- even when I log out!!!!!!!!!
  • hey, how do I open the "Fishing Manual", Oleg is asking us to open?
    I opened the help available in the fishing window, but that didnt do the trick!
    @FarmerHijab (INT1)  As of right now the best advice is to go to the TEST Forum and read all the post that have information regarding this new Fishing elements. Its new so everyone is learning it together and trying to post what they find as far as tips/suggestions and bugs.  I would also suggest trying this link and looking @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)  blog she has begun to collect info on the new Fishing elements but its in the beginning stages as she is compiling the info as she works.

Not sure if you tried out the TEST farm to play the fishing or not in case you didn't there was a lot of information that the players posted in the TEST forum regarding this.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/133306/useful-off-site-links#latest

Hope this helps.
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    Question: in the e-mail we got before the test server it said "If you reach level 5 on the test server by October 17, 2016, you can expect an awesome reward!". Several people in my coop have asked about it and I have also been wondering.

I have been trying to find info in the forum about how this reward works: do we have to do something to claim it, or will it come to our accounts with the update or do we receive an e-mail or how do we get it?

Thank you for any info!
    @mia111 (GB1)  I got mine in an email called "For all your hard work on the test server" on Oct 21st (to my main farm account). It was one of those ones where you go to the gold shop & put in the voucher number from the email. It was a deco called "Chicken Bush", 100 gold & $25,000.

Hmmm... I haven't gotten mine... I wonder why? :(
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 27.10.2016
    Can you ditch the clicking reel from the fishing feature please? It is very annoying!
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • musicdoc (US1)musicdoc (US1) US1 Posts: 43
    Please explain how the fishing helps out my farms, anyone?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I suggest you start here https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/136843/update-oct-27th-going-fishing#latest

Then check here http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/oleg/oleg.htm
  • Fishing was so much easier on the test farm - here it goes so fast all I do is break lines!  I think I have only landed 2 fish.
  • @"FarmerHijab (INT1)" 
    try click on fisherman then the second tab with the star on and fish for xp
  • Tigrain (BG1)Tigrain (BG1) BG1 Posts: 170
    Fishing was so much easier on the test farm - here it goes so fast all I do is break lines!  I think I have only landed 2 fish.
    Yeah...also 8 out of 10 times i cant see the cord/line when cast and have to close and open again the minigame. Very frustrating!

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557

Well after ignoring the feedback of your testers once again, you added another bug-filled feature. I must say that I was surprised that at least this time there was information when I clicked on the ? for help. However, after getting the task to fish for 150 kg of bass it will not let me fish.

I have all the equipment needed, have moved what I need over to the tackle box, all green check marks in place...when I try to fish nothing happens. The reel won't cast.

I don't really even want to fish, really don't see the point of it (except to make me waste my farm dollars/gold) and am frustrated that once again you totally disregarded the feedback of the testers.

Same here. On the test farm the tutorial in fishing went fine for me .... but now - when having all the equipment needed and all green check marks in place ... the fishing doesn't work - as MRG said: the reel won't cast.
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    After having 1 succesfull fishing, and that never comes easy for me (niether on the testfarm), then I have to close down the fining window and open it again.

Can that be true?
  • Bojchy23 (INT1)Bojchy23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 11
    edited 27.10.2016
    why  did not I get the decorations of test farm i play test farm but gift nothing

I'm looking at e mail and nothing

Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • laryam (US1)laryam (US1) US1 Posts: 55
    Fishing is extremely difficult.  The line keeps breaking and I have to keep buying and I have yet to catch a fish:'(
  • Fishing does not work. Fishing pole swings but nothing is happening. It works every now and then, maybe 1/20 of the attempts. Is this a bug or a normal thing?
  • laryam (US1)laryam (US1) US1 Posts: 55
    I am giving up for now when it comes to fishing.  I am not having fun.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    Didn't like it on test farm so not even bothering here.  Wish there was a way to get the fishing task out of my task list. 
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    Fishing does not work. Fishing pole swings but nothing is happening. It works every now and then, maybe 1/20 of the attempts. Is this a bug or a normal thing?
    Happens to me too.
  • How do I see my progress on my fishing level?

After I send Oleg out to fish is there not any way to see my fishing experience until after he comes back?
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Fishing is extremely difficult.  The line keeps breaking and I have to keep buying and I have yet to catch a fish:'(
    When you see fish line icon start flashing, simply stop holding your left click for a second, then left click and hold again.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    How do I see my progress on my fishing level?

After I send Oleg out to fish is there not any way to see my fishing experience until after he comes back?
    Click on the Send Oleg fishing and you'll see your fishing level on the upper right side of that window. You can also mouse over to see how many more points you need for next level.
  • You can only do this if Oleg is idle - when he is already fishing I know of no way to find your fishing level
    edited 27.10.2016
    You can only do this if Oleg is idle - when he is already fishing I know of no way to find your fishing level
    I think you'll find if you click on your tackle box you can see your FXP level
    After double checking you are correct @Herbina (US1) one has to wait until Oleg is not busy
    Post edited by Data King (US1) on
  • Susie562 (US1)Susie562 (US1) US1 Posts: 15
    Where do we rent the boats at?
    Where do we rent the boats at?
    You need to be a certain level to that
  • rich015 (NL1)rich015 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 50
    lol en ja hoor zitten weer fouten in....... good work...............not
    The fish can be used to make food at the Mermaid Bay by the piers next to  the flower farm and then sell them for money.

I let Oleg fish for the 150 kg of bass and it completed the task for me.
Sign In to comment.