Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sept 20 - From Test to Reality - Discussion

Comments

• "Once you complete a contract, your market stalls will grow back to their normal appearance. smiley"

I do not understand...
    The values of my contract are 99 ...Before updating any more stalls , now it is less. The market was completed. Now is not? Again, need to grow? I do not understand the answer ...
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    @roadrunnernm (US1) Are you able to place all your houses and processing buildings onto your farm? I think that the layout mode cannot be closed without all these items on your Flower farm. 

If you remove some decorations (put them into the layout panel), then place all your houses and production items on your farm, then fill in with as many decorations as you can fit in, then you should be able to finish the layout mode.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    "Once you complete a contract, your market stalls will grow back to their normal appearance. smiley"

I do not understand...
    The values of my contract are 99 ...Before updating any more stalls , now it is less. The market was completed. Now is not? Again, need to grow? I do not understand the answer ...
    Yes, mine were 99 too. When you complete a contract & click on the truck to send it off, your gourmet farm & flower farm stalls will return to the size they should be. They won't be small anymore. You don't have to slowly grow your markets again. Completing the contract will trigger it to make the correct appearance show.
  • olja05 (INT1)olja05 (INT1) Posts: 108
    edited 08.10.2016
    "Yes, mine were 99 too. When you complete a contract & click on the truck to send it off, your gourmet farm & flower farm stalls will return to the size they should be. They won't be small anymore. You don't have to slowly grow your markets again. Completing the contract will trigger it to make the correct appearance show."

I'm talking about the number of stalls and size of the organic market. Before updating the organic market had more stalls , it was bigger and looked nicer. 
    This market is ugly and a nuisance is when there are buyers, because clickable and what it does not want.
    I.say that it would be nicer to return all the stalls, which were there before updating.. 
    Just move the tree. We would get enough space. :)

.sorry for my bad english 
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • Looks like the latest fix did the same thing to the gourmet farm that it did to flower,  I was moving items on farm and lost multiple decos. went from like -80 to plus 290.  decos nowhere to be found.  had 2 7x7's that i know of.  other stuff not sure.  
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    My Organic market is fully upgraded again on all 3 farms!! Woohoo
    gourmet and flower markets are still measly lowermost level visually  :'(
    Once you complete a contract, your market stalls will grow back to their normal appearance. :smiley:
    Thanks @jess_d (US1), I will keep an eye on it, gonna take me a couple of days to fill them  :*
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Once you complete a contract, your market stalls will grow back to their normal appearance. :smiley:
    I have completed quite a few contracts.... still  have different lvl markets on all the farms... ok with me, they will all grow as I complete more contracts etc.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    "Yes, mine were 99 too. When you complete a contract & click on the truck to send it off, your gourmet farm & flower farm stalls will return to the size they should be. They won't be small anymore. You don't have to slowly grow your markets again. Completing the contract will trigger it to make the correct appearance show."

I'm talking about the number of stalls and size of the organic market. Before updating the organic market had more stalls , it was bigger and looked nicer. 
    This market is ugly and a nuisance is when there are buyers, because clickable and what it does not want.
    I.say that it would be nicer to return all the stalls, which were there before updating.. 
    @olja05 (INT1)

The former Organic market had 3 different type of market stalls:
    - left: 2-3 Flower Farm stalls
    - center: 2-3 Main Farm stalls
    - right: 2-3 Gourmet Farm stalls
    Whenever you sold a product from each of these 3 different type of stalls, the matching stalls would grow bigger. 

Now in this new layout, you have exactly the same happening - only difference is, it happens on 3 different pages:
    - you will find the Main Farm stalls on the Organic Market near your Main Farm
    - you will find the Flower Farm stalls on the Organic Market near your Flower Farm 
    - you will find the Gourmet Farm stalls on the Organic Market near your Gourmet Farm
    Which means: that you have more space on all 3 Organic Markets and they thus can grow even bigger than before.

After the update you found the different stalls back in the 3 different Organic Markets in their level 1 stage, so small stalls. But this will change upon sending your lorry for the first time away. When you completed a market order with Flower products and send the Lorry away, then this will trigger the stalls on your Flower Market to get their old size back - same counts for the MF and GF. (this is what Jess tried to tell you) ...

The update system didn't allow all market stalls to remain their sizes when they were divided over 3 different markets/pages. So I guess they had to build in this "trigger system" what makes the stalls grow back to their last stage (before the update) whenever you finish an order and send the lorry away.

Hope this clarifies the matter for you! Happy farming  :)
  • Sounds good,specialy the fact we can buy more expansions for our farms. I lett me surprize by the amount of $$ for each plot of land. But the most +150 level players have a big $$ buffer. 

I can,t hardly wait. And i am sure a lopt who did not play the test server will be looking forward also to the update today

o:) 
    hiya :) i am new to the game hope most bugs are fixed...was wondering is US1 a test server or regular server ?
  • I am very reluctant to write here, because I haven't got that much complaints. I must be very lucky!

FIRST: I love the new updates!! THX for the expansions on our farms, that's one of the things us players asked for; great!
    And I love, love, love  <3 the looks of the new level 9 upgrade - those graphics are beautiful!!! THANKS!
    Very happy with the 'repeat button' in the ring menu of all production items - now we can, if desired, choose faster for the product which we were already using. Like we already had on our fields/gardens.  THANKS!

Me too: I had to figure out things and get used to the changes - but: 
    I am not bothered at all by the different "surroundings of the old MF" features being spread over different pages now. I had to switch between farms in the old days - now I have to switch between farms again: so not much change for me there. Only thingy IMHO to get used (and I already am) to is where to find the different surroundings buildings now:
    - Flower Farm => + Greenhouse + Ship
    - Gourmet Farm => + Airport + Deco Tower + Village (not operational yet, if this is the intention)
    - Horse Ranch => + Mine  (has his own page now, and promises us another new feature in the future (maybe another market?))
    - Main Farm => + Garage + Library + Academy + Lester's Stash
    - All Farms do have the parking place with all the actual running events; on all farms we have customers/neighbors coming - and the red exclamation marks as well as these ‘icons with baskets’ give me notice on which farm is a crop/stable ready, or something else to do for me. Great!
    I always had to switch between 3-4 (when Island is running 4) farms, the only difference is now I have to switch between 4-5 farms. Can't see any problem there.

Oh yes, I would rather have the Greenhouse near my MF, but I can get myself used to where it is now. Not feeling like I have to complain about that. 

And yes, the game lagged big times after the update, I even logged out for a whole day as I was fed up with every move going so slow. Didn't feel like complaining about that either, just wanted to give it a day. Next day cleared caches and browsers and logged in again: no lagging problems whatsoever since then, everything OK. 

I must admit that I for one really liked to puzzle on the new layout of my FF to get all buildings & decos back - I really liked to have to plan some new strategy - and now I even do have more happiness there than I had before: I went from -85% to -92%!!
    Lost a few decos but waited patiently as I knew I would get them back some day (didn't feel the need to complain about that either) - and indeed, yesterday we got back what we lost, plus a nice compensation. I am really satisfied with that!

And I lost all my fertilizer after the update, but never wrote Support about it, never complained about it - I am an oldbie so just knew it would take only a few days to get it back and in good order again: and yes, with the last hot fix all my fertilizer was back again. 

On the other hand:

Organic Market on FM is intact again, but the market stalls on GM and FF are still too small - so that has to be rectified yet. I'll wait and see.... And just read in the post from @jess_d (US1) above mine a possible solution. Yáááy!

Yes, my Viking Island which I never visited because I had no intention to play it this time - spontaneously opened all of a sudden without me ever visiting that island or clicking any button! But I don't bother that much, I have 1 field and 1 house now and am producing only this "Viking jacket". Collecting some runestones, so no problem  ;) 

What I really really would like to see changed back tho is the possibility to see how much stock you had in your info-ring. I believe it to be a burden to have to open your Farm Mgt tab that often, only to check how many stock you have. So I posted about that and we started a new PLEA thread with a great poem on this subject (made by Farmerjohn), which you can find here:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/134116/a-simple-request-for-the-developers

I always told myself just to be patient, so I'll try to be that now too - I am sure the developers are doing their utmost to get things right again  :p 

well that was quite long & informative to me a new player & very positive too guess i'll play the waiting game too :D

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 24.09.2016
     i am new to the game hope most bugs are fixed...was wondering is US1 a test server or regular server ?

@Mynx (US1)  The US1 server is a regular game server. The Test Server is not activated at this time, but will be brought back in early October.  :)   Welcome to the game! B)
  •  i am new to the game hope most bugs are fixed...was wondering is US1 a test server or regular server ?

@Mynx (US1)  The US1 server is a regular game server. The Test Server is not activated at this time, but will be brought back in early October.  :)   Welcome to the game! B)
    Thank U for reply & the game seems very complex & indepth i think i will enjoy it...
    @Jiesta (NL1) Thank you so much for the explanation and yes now I see it!!! my markets are correct and guess they now have additional room to grow and giving better contracts over time!! :)
  • Thanks  Jiesta ... 
    It is now more clear ..
    Stalls in the market have my own size, I fulfilled several contracts and sent the truck.
    I do not like the look of the market with a small number of stalls.  .... :)
  • @roadrunnernm (US1) Are you able to place all your houses and processing buildings onto your farm? I think that the layout mode cannot be closed without all these items on your Flower farm. 

If you remove some decorations (put them into the layout panel), then place all your houses and production items on your farm, then fill in with as many decorations as you can fit in, then you should be able to finish the layout mode.
    well I have to say whatever magic u passed my way worked!! TY TY TY!!! i now have my flower farm back and operational.
    Have to say that I did try to load things into panel but they wouldn't go but that's water under the bridge now and dog is fed and ship is loaded and greenhouse is open for business!

PS-- i do like the new game format-- liked it on the test farm too--- and like it a whole more now that everything is operational!!
    Thanks again MRG1  ;-))
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    @roadrunnernm (US1) Are you able to place all your houses and processing buildings onto your farm? I think that the layout mode cannot be closed without all these items on your Flower farm. 

well I have to say whatever magic u passed my way worked!! TY TY TY!!! i now have my flower farm back and operational.
    Have to say that I did try to load things into panel but they wouldn't go but that's water under the bridge now and dog is fed and ship is loaded and greenhouse is open for business!

PS-- i do like the new game format-- liked it on the test farm too--- and like it a whole more now that everything is operational!!
    Thanks again MRG1  ;-))
    Glad it worked for you @roadrunnernm (US1)
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515

@olja05 (INT1)

The former Organic market had 3 different type of market stalls:
    - left: 2-3 Flower Farm stalls
    - center: 2-3 Main Farm stalls
    - right: 2-3 Gourmet Farm stalls
    Whenever you sold a product from each of these 3 different type of stalls, the matching stalls would grow bigger. 

Now in this new layout, you have exactly the same happening - only difference is, it happens on 3 different pages:
    - you will find the Main Farm stalls on the Organic Market near your Main Farm
    - you will find the Flower Farm stalls on the Organic Market near your Flower Farm 
    - you will find the Gourmet Farm stalls on the Organic Market near your Gourmet Farm
    Which means: that you have more space on all 3 Organic Markets and they thus can grow even bigger than before.

After the update you found the different stalls back in the 3 different Organic Markets in their level 1 stage, so small stalls. But this will change upon sending your lorry for the first time away. When you completed a market order with Flower products and send the Lorry away, then this will trigger the stalls on your Flower Market to get their old size back - same counts for the MF and GF. (this is what Jess tried to tell you) ...

The update system didn't allow all market stalls to remain their sizes when they were divided over 3 different markets/pages. So I guess they had to build in this "trigger system" what makes the stalls grow back to their last stage (before the update) whenever you finish an order and send the lorry away.

Hope this clarifies the matter for you! Happy farming  :)
    Excellent post, Jiesta!! I'm glad you were able to clear it up with better understanding that what I could.  :*

I'm sorry for any confusion Olja, I misunderstood your earlier posts. :( 
  • Dharu_89 (IN1)Dharu_89 (IN1) Posts: 209
    edited 25.09.2016
    Found a Funny bug:

http://prntscr.com/cm1kv5

http://prntscr.com/cm1mul

Edit: Added a new Screenshot. ;)
  • Vini7 (AU1)Vini7 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 18
    edited 25.09.2016

I am posting on this thread because I cannot log in at the thread where this comment belongs to - the discussion about the latest big update [Moved]

Only one small comment - the mine has disappeared from the list of the harvest-ready tab at the right side of the screen and as I only occasionally visit the horse farm I never see when the mine is ready.

Can we have this harvest-announcing back please ?

Also, members of my coop mentioned that the new upgrades on the main farm do not take the coop research into account, so you get let product at level 9 as at level 6 or 7.

Please look into this as well :)

Thank you.

Vini

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • apple pie (INT1)apple pie (INT1) INT1 Posts: 53
    i had visitors  not paying on flower and gourmet  farms

now its on main farm too !!

any compensation for that  ??

:) 
  • I like most of the changes in the update, and appreciate the fixes made since the update.

However, I am experiencing a high incidence of discrepancies between server and PC stock levels.  When a harvest will exceed the available storage space, and I try and sell off all of that produce in the barns, the command does nothing because the stock level on the server is less than the amount I am trying to sell.

The errors seem tied in with the sales to neighbors at the Organic market.

I recorded the stock levels in Farm management, logged off, reconnected, and noted the new stock levels.  These are the discrepancies -
    Rice - was 1956, reduced by 91 to 1865
    Magic beans - was 676, reduced by 32 to 644
    Rapaseed - was 231, increased by 154 to 385
    Wildflowers - was 155, increased by 1 to 156
    Wheat - was 2579, reduced by 92 to 2487
    Jasmine - was 1607, increased by 190 to 1797
    Eggs - was 2597, reduced by 68 to 2529
    Apples - was 2302, reduced by 153 to 2149
    Cherries - was 2096, reduced by 38 to 2058
    Almonds - was 2376, reduced by 16 to 2360
    Peaches - was 1757, reduced by 80 to 1677
    Citrus fruits - was 2116, reduced by 96 to 2020
    Honey - was 2520, reduced by 206 to 2314
    Wax - was 2480, reduced by 123 to 2357
    Chicken feed - was 1088, increased by 923 to 2011
    Goat feed - was 962, reduced by 325 to 637
    Almond muffins - was 2007, reduced by 103 to 1904
    Summer bouquet - was 607, reduced by 20 to 587
    Pasta gift basket - was 1653, reduced by 52 to 1601
    Romantic bouquet - was 567, increased by 150 to 717
    Floral perfume - was 1429, increased by 129 to 1558
    Sweet scented oil - was 1304, reduced by 65 to 1239
    Essence of lavender - was 2125, reduced by 257 to 1868
    Essence of jasmine - was 2071, reduced by 92 to 1979
    Aloe vera gel - was 2076, reduced by 88 to 1988

I didn't do any any harvests, production, selling, or other activity between the two snapshots.

Any updates / solutions to this?
    A member of my coop has the same problem and I would really like to give her an usefull answer :)
    edited 25.09.2016
    i had visitors  not paying on flower and gourmet  farms

now its on main farm too !!

any compensation for that  ??

:) 
     @apple pie (INT1) (yr nick name makes me hungry)  :p ,

We encountered the same problem on our testing farms. These were our findings & detours to avoid the problem:

- most of the time (if not always) when the customer doesn't pay - he didn't take your goods either! Check it.
    - switch to one of your other farms first and then back, and only then serve your customers (you will see they will accept your goods and pay you).
    - often when we logged off (to do some groceries or so) and logged in later - all our "sold" goods were taken, and the money was payed. So the system works - it's just a bug (and quite a confusing one).
    This last point may be the answer to @Calandiva (SKN1) too ....

Hope this will help!

Happy farming!  :)

JVD (US1) said:
    @Jiesta (NL1) Thank you so much for the explanation and yes now I see it!!! my markets are correct and guess they now have additional room to grow and giving better contracts over time!! :)
    Thanks  Jiesta ... 
    It is now more clear ..
    Stalls in the market have my own size, I fulfilled several contracts and sent the truck.
    I do not like the look of the market with a small number of stalls.  .... :)
    Glad this helped you both. :) And remember @olja05 (INT1) We all once started small; this is a game where we are supposed to watch things grow and be patient in doing so  ;)

• http://prnt.sc/cm8g8n

One member of my cooperative keeps showing this error when it tries to move objects on the island.
  • Jiesta..I am patient enough. :)

My organic market was built until the end ....
     I did not like what he looks like, but I will assume that in the future will be different :)
    Thanks for your answers ... :)
  • Qizara (US1)Qizara (US1) US1 Posts: 49
    So I figured out the flower farm.. all I can say is DUH... It wasn't that hard and i feel like a dummy that it took so long for me to figure out.. oh well :)  All the changes are bearable.. I assume most of them were done so we could expand our farms so that's definitely a good thing.  The only real thing that bothers me is that the ship is only on one farm.  I really wish that it was accessible from all 3 farms .. was so much easier to keep track of it :(
  • LuraBelle (US1)LuraBelle (US1) US1 Posts: 309
    I don't like it !!!! I keep losing gold for some reason..it just disapears. I have lost a lot of decos from my drop box. The horse farm  is crap and has no grass. Lots of people in my coop have horror stories. Noone is happy
  • edited 08.10.2016
    all of this is insane!
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    I don't like it !!!! I keep losing gold for some reason..it just disapears. I have lost a lot of decos from my drop box. The horse farm  is crap and has no grass. Lots of people in my coop have horror stories. Noone is happy
    yeah, i lost decos from my main farm, wrote a ticket and it was recitified (plus a handsome gift for the inconvenience caused, which was nice). 

I'm waiting to see the full extent of the changes to a world scenario before fully commenting on things in general but will say at this juncture that the menu wheel has improved for quickness of planting etc but I really miss being able to see how much feed you had from using the wheel. And the placement of skip the (ie pay gold) button brings out the cynical person in me.... was it really placed in the most likely spot to be clicked by accident, therefore resulting in gold being spent, for our benefit?

The placing is clearly poor and I can only view it in a cynical way.
    edited 26.09.2016
    I may be daft, but seems to me the placement of the skip button is in the same place it was before and it is big and blue as always - I see blue, I do not click it unless I actually want to... it is that so many other things  changed on the wheel which may be causing the confusion, take your time to learn what has changed and modify what you do - odds are you will not get a confirm button if you click the blue button unintentionally mainly because it would slow down power players that want to use it...

I personally love the new wheel and do hope that they will bring back the shadow of the feed etc in inventory as so many have mentioned. ;)

PS. Game lag is generally on the user side (not always, yes, agreed there are times where the game servers are having issues or a conflict with a specfic browser, but they do not last). Most times it has to do with the computer age or operating system, internet speed and other factors. Wish we could blame it all on the game all the time.

Post edited by JVD (US1) on
Sign In to comment.