Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Coop Challenge ... Golders time !!!

johanne (AU1)johanne (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
How the Hell are we  as good honest non golding players expected to win a mish against the likes of the  great golders,,, bloody hell I've been playing this game for 4 yrs now and these people come in and appease you .. buy gold and basically buy their coop challenge wins ??? way to go guys ... what GGs doesn't realise is that they put off not only high lvl players but also low lvl players

ok so my feelings don't match everyone's BUT I had to say my bit ... GGS get your head out of your **** and work with everyone  

****   names have been removed by me at the request of one of the names mentioned

Edit:  Language cleaned up a little
Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on

Comments

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    While I agree with you unfortunately I don't see GGS revamping the competition to cater for non-golders. There's been a big push for gold buying/spending lately and this can clearly be seen in the hot deals and updates especially during the last 12 months. I get what seems like a never ending run of popups.......buy X amount of gold, get more decos and other stuff worth twice the gold purchase etc etc. Most events also seem to push you to buy and spend gold and after all this time GGS still refuses to put in a gold lock that will prevent people accidentally spending their gold.

Its clear they want people to spend money and don't care about fairness and YES its putting some people off the game. The players you mentioned along with others (i'm sure most of us in AU server know who they are) are ruining the whole point of missions with these gold crazy tactics. Whats even sadder is they actually think that their wins are earned when in fact all they are doing is buying the final prize. How much did it cost collectively? 500 dollars? 1000? 2000? While it isn't fair on others that are playing mission after mission and working hard to EARN points for the team sadly this is what the game has become. Personally I could think of better things to spend my money on but at the end of the day these players fund the game for us.

There's still good rewards to be won in the CC and at least it didn't cost me hundreds of real dollars to win them.
  • johanne (AU1)johanne (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    as a mate said to me ..... 

" Its like an athlete on steroids we make a fuss about that , what's the difference here ?"
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    It's like training for years for the Olympics, and the second the starter pistol is fired, people show up at the finish line with bags of money and walk off with the metals.
  • Sanic (AU1)Sanic (AU1) AU1 Posts: 53
    Agreed.  Why waste time building up your farms when you can just pay your way to victory. If it was the Olympics there would be an uproar on how the medals were achieved.  

Challenges and missions for that matter should be based on ability, and they should reflect the effort players have put into building up their farms - no gold, no purple stuff.  

Or, they could have a separate Challenge where the Golder's and Purpler's can knock themselves in to oblivion as they try to out do each other.  LOL ...I might even pay to watch that :)
    pmsl ... pay per view now there's a thought   :D
  • TheGabi (US1)TheGabi (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    I would also like to see the missions divided into the Gold level, the Silver level, the Bronze level, etc.   I have recently experienced many mixed missions where I am placed with other players that are hundreds of levels higher than I am.  And find that before I can even plant a crop one of them has already harvest 5K corn.   Or you are on a pig mission and they have 40K pigs and when you check their farm they have one pigsty.. not sure how this even is supposed to be a competition, when the playing field is not in the slightest level. 

Agreed TheGabi  this is what this is all about !!!  dividing the Golders from the rest of us ,,, would like to share some negative responses but they have been sent to my wall .. not here .
  • I buy gold, I play with gold, push missions with gold. Or actually I used to do that a lot, but I stopped doing that since GGS decided not to kill the WoF. I really hate that thing. Just the other day I saw a level 27 who had a couple of million rep points just by playing the WoF. In my coop some people play it pretty fanatic and I appreciate the effort they make to collect as many points as possible for my small coop in the gold league (most coops are twice as big as ours). But to me it takes the fun out of the game...
  • I would also like to see the missions divided into the Gold level, the Silver level, the Bronze level, etc.   I have recently experienced many mixed missions where I am placed with other players that are hundreds of levels higher than I am.  And find that before I can even plant a crop one of them has already harvest 5K corn.   Or you are on a pig mission and they have 40K pigs and when you check their farm they have one pigsty.. not sure how this even is supposed to be a competition, when the playing field is not in the slightest level. 

I can understand the frustration of always being mixed in with players of vastly different levels, that seems to have been created by the fix that was done to stop solo missions, but I absolutely disagree that the missions should be matched according to which league your coop is in, because that would not even fix the problem you are talking about. There are players of all different levels in all coops, so just because your coop is in the gold league it does not mean your players are all high levels & there are plenty of high level players in the rookie league.

To get evenly matched players in a mission, it needs to be based on performance in missions, not player levels & thats exactly how it was done & it just caused masses of solo missions because there were not enough players of the same ability level, searching for a mission at the same time, especially at the higher levels. Since lower level players benefit from being in missions against higher players, even though they do not come 1st, I think its a much better way of doing it, than to sit for a whole CC and never get one op in any missions, because that is just soul destroying.
  • well the makers of the game get some money from the gold users so there is no point in complaining them regarding this ,but hard workers often feel cheated due to this ,
    my suggestion is if a person uses gold to finish competition he should be rewarded less points then what they usually gets .
    edited 09.09.2016
    and if a question can be answered I would be grateful ...

how can a level 223 shelve a mission with only 63 alfalfa ?

This same person can post 5k + of pigs with one sty !!!! and you wonder why people get disheartened
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 10.09.2016
    and if a question can be answered I would be grateful ...

how can a level 223 shelve a mission with only 63 alfalfa ?

This same person can post 5k + of pigs with one sty !!!! and you wonder why people get disheartened
    And this is why I dont do missions at all, let alone take part in the 'challenge'.  The only challenge is working out if you can afford to buy MORE gold to win a pixilated deco.
  • darte35 (AU1)darte35 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 36
    edited 10.09.2016
    I have changed my attitude to this event and so has the co-op which i am part of. Gold spenders which i have done and will do again are part of the game. I can choose to do either. The last few challenges and islands i have done well without spending gold. Lets just have some fun with it. The people that feel that have to win will win no matter what. Let them. Does it really matter ? Lets get back to chatting and enjoying finishing an event, this competing and being weird toward each other is silly. We are all at the end of a keyboard with real lives and pets, kids, houses, maybe someone to cuddle.
       Dont stress over the small stuff
    Post edited by darte35 (AU1) on
  • This whole mission thing is never going to be fair & square.....kind of like life!! Some can afford to play with a lot of gold & some can't. The playing field will never be level & there is NO way to make everyone happy even if they tried. 

BTW......a couple of the players mentioned in the OP have absolutely awesome farms & even without the use of gold can win many missions with just simple harvests.
  • darte35 (AU1)darte35 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 36
    Why ? is it so important that you win ? cant you be happy with the prizes you get get from the hard hard worker ? It is fair in its own twisted way. you do what you can and with the shelve missions you can plan. It takes time but you can work out when to escape from one or stay and pass someone that has shelved, or you can just have fun. My co-op record is 13 shelved missions. Heaps of fun. Its alot more fun if we dont take it as serious
  • Janisss (AU1)Janisss (AU1) Posts: 63
    edited 10.09.2016
     I have little issue with gold being used in missions. It is not cheating because it is a perfectly legal part of the game. I have had my share of annihilations at the hands of gold users & you know what?? Life will go on. I am also not concerned about fairly matched missions. That is a consequence of less solo missions. Many people were complaining about too many solo missions & GGS did their best to rectify that & now people are complaining about the range of levels in missions. Like I said, there is no way to make everyone happy. I win my share & lose my share. This is a game. 

I thought it was against the rules to name & shame???
    Post edited by Janisss (AU1) on
    While there is no rule against using gold or the purple stuff and it is , just a game... I think what I've been trying to say is that for those of us who have spent years building our farms up find it a bit frustrating with this situation. And that is as experienced players. Imagine how intimidating it is for new players ... and yes I know we have all been there but... never can I remember these crazy amounts of items being posted in a mission

Has anyone ... and not during a CC been in with low level players during a mission  and backed off , let them take the win ? Just so they feel good about the game... get extra certs etc.

And while I do buy gold as I understand games like this don't run on nothing .. It is my choice that I don't use it for the benefit of winning missions.

the naming and shaming !!! well maybe I shouldn't have done that ,, but I think we all would have known who was on that list and we all probably could have added a few more to it ..

finally as I said in my first message ...not everyone will agree with what I say .. that's fine , I get it ... but is it not my prerogative to express my opinion , is that what a discussion corner is all about ?

So with that Happy Farming ,, to the Golders and the non-Golders ... no the world will not end !!!

Jo
  • The missions are unfair and unbalanced as far as player selection for them goes. As a lv 62 player it is unfair to put me in a mission with players over lv100. I stand no chance of coming in anything but last place which is unfair to me and to other players like me. It needs to be fixed so players will be pitted against other players who are within like 5-10 lv's higher or lower of them not 50+ lv's higher of them. The last mission I tried pitted me against a lv161, lv206, lv151, lv107 and lv134. Seriously I have no chance of placing anything but last place which makes me not ever wanna do mission anymore and I don't plan to until the mission player selection system is fixed and made fair for all. Not just fair for the higher leveled players.
  • edited 11.09.2016
    hi,
       our co-op the ranch is in the  gold league we are currently 2nd and have been for most of the challenge, we are the smaller of the top 4 co-ops and all our players have posted rp, great team work is what it is supposed to be about but as I watched this morning when the wheel of fortune ended the co-op chasing us called [Name Removed] picked up 2 million rp from it, is this really the  kind of co-op challenge ggs had in mind, they make money from us buying gold to  use boosters and to speed up harvesting now the  wheel of fortune enables  co-ops to basically buy rp from the wheel, this really needs to be looked at and the million rp  to be replaced with some other reward that does not  enable co-ops to basically buy rp, the challenge should be all about the work players put in not how much gold their heavy gold users can spend spinning a stupid wheel. if this is how co-op's have to play to beat smaller co-ops I really hope the leaders are proud of themselves, come on ggs give us a break stop using things to let players buy rp.

andyh

ps  I'm also sad to hear latten is leaving us I hope you  find what your looking for and good luck in your future.
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • Elco (GB1)Elco (GB1) Posts: 103
    Hi Andy,

Didn't I see someone of your coop, no naming needed, ending up on joint 4th position (thus raking 1 million rp) on yesterday's wheels?

As the wheel during Coopcha is within the means given by GGS, whoever has spare tokens can use them as he/she pleases.
    It's a part of the game and whether some like it or not, is irrelevant (especially in the case of some member(s) of your own coop having a go at it). Throwing the first stone etc.

Now let's say the possibility of winning some rp, which isn't always guaranteed, was removed, what would eventually happen?
    Some players might join, on a temporary or permanent basis, the one coop that knows best how to use super seeds, humus and yes, sometimes a few gold of their own money to speed harvests up. Don't you ever speed anything up? I know I do ;)
    So eventually we would read you back again, complaining how impossible it is to compete against such a group and this should be reviewed blah blah blah.

I do not condone the use of the wheel but it is not against the rules. Quite the contrary.

As for leaders, I cannot speak for them but I'd think when "smaller" players get some rewards they would normally struggle to win, this justifies having a few other members playing the wheel for the benefits of the group.
  • Elco (GB1)Elco (GB1) Posts: 103
    Hi Andy,

Didn't I see someone of your coop, no naming needed, ending up on joint 4th position (thus raking 1 million rp) on yesterday's wheels?

As the wheel during Coopcha is within the means given by GGS, whoever has spare tokens can use them as he/she pleases.
    It's a part of the game and whether some like it or not, is irrelevant (especially in the case of some member(s) of your own coop having a go at it). Throwing the first stone etc.

Now let's say the possibility of winning some rp, which isn't always guaranteed, was removed, what would eventually happen?
    Some players might join, on a temporary or permanent basis, the one coop that knows best how to use super seeds, humus and yes, sometimes a few gold of their own money to speed harvests up. Don't you ever speed anything up? I know I do ;)
    So eventually we would read you back again, complaining how impossible it is to compete against such a group and this should be reviewed blah blah blah.

I do not condone the use of the wheel but it is not against the rules. Quite the contrary.

As for leaders, I cannot speak for them but I'd think when "smaller" players get some rewards they would normally struggle to win, this justifies having a few other members playing the wheel for the benefits of the group.
  • hi
    I'm not against using gold during the challenge I do in missions as I do for boosters GGS have made it so we have to if we want to take part, I also do accept your comment about the wheel  and who wins rp , but is it really ok that  co-op members are having to  spend money on the wheel  incase others do to cover that possibility, I don't know this whole challenge thing really is a pain in the ( word removed) to save editing ;). I'm not wanting to get into a war of words I just  think its time ggs  stopped grabbing gold so much, this used to be a really nice relaxing game to play.maybe cut down on the number of times the wheel is played it does seem to  be for a very short period and quite often,  also sort out the leagues having 8  teams in gold league is just silly with so many co-ops should be at least 20 but I guess that's another topic, anyways if I offended or upset anyone I apologise but not for comments made referring to  ggs gold grabbing, good luck latten in your future  will miss you on here
  • geogur (US1)geogur (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    I am getting sick and tired about all the negative talk about bp in these forums.We are accused of buying the win, well I for one know we bust our considerable arses to play as a team and EARN each win, so go to u know where any of u who want to talk out ur group without knowing what u talk about.Anyone paying attention can clearly see that we have been getting alot of challenge  from the second place group.And while we do use the wheel IF we are lucky enough to have tokens, I know most of our group does not use the wheel to win and really dont like it any more than most groups do. We welcome other groups trying their best because we NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL buy the win.We stick together as a team to beat each challenge. While most groups are very pleasant and supportive of ours, there are a few spoiled petulant children who cant own up to the truth . I love this game and love conversing with anyone who enjoys it too, even from other cooperatives.ITS A GAME PEOPLE.stop acting like its life or death.You take the fun out of it.

• edited 13.09.2016
    complainers said:
    coop challenge is impossible to win :cry:

gold players win all the time because they support the game :bawling:
    tombstone has been looking for anyone (buyer or not) who is a decent level

guess what? No one had been filling their 20 open slots for months a while back. Tombstone is always top 10 in the gold league, and won 1st in the silver, bronze, and novice league when they first started

join a good co-op and stop being anti-optomistic. You're all worse than grumpy cat.

there's plenty of good rewards and anyone who wants to be in a top 10 co-op can always just join them
    Post edited by Graycat Ashes S (US1) on
  • geogur (US1)geogur (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    Amen,lol, it is supposed to be fun to play.
    Amen,lol, it is supposed to be fun to play.

yes it is meant to be fun :)  ... but I think that GGS has added "aids" , that have done and always will cause controversy....
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720

join a good co-op and stop being anti-optomistic. You're all worse than grumpy cat.

Whats wrong with grumpy cat? I've had lots of laughs watching pictures and memes of that little furball  :p
  • I personally have gone up against much lower levels and even went as far as to go look at their farms because they were beating me and others were higher leveled than me and looking at their farms and seeing that there was no way possible not even with humus and such could they be pulling off the scoring they had in missions not to mention their score would change every 30 seconds rather than the allotted time during each mission was more than all the proof I needed to know they were cashing hard and the sad part is I have seen people that were close to level 200 just let them slide because THOSE are the real players of the game...the ones who actually enjoy a real challenge and not a contest of who can spend the most...it very upsetting because I have seen other games lose a lot of players due to this very issue.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    With CM Rowdy rac posting about changes to CC I am wondering if it is going to be more regular again?  How many times will someone keep buying seaweed or use gold if it is every 3-4 weeks. Very costly to win virtual prizes
  • CookieHugs (US1)CookieHugs (US1) Posts: 308
    edited 14.10.2016

Has anyone ... and not during a CC been in with low level players during a mission  and backed off , let them take the win ? Just so they feel good about the game... get extra certs etc.

I am currently level 75 and go up against levels 2 or more times higher than me.  I can remember one time in particular, I needed the certs to finish building one of my tractors.  There was a farm that had a whole lot of production facilities that could have totally knocked me off the map.  But, he was kind enough to hold onto the harvest until after the mission.  I send him a message an thanked him.  That's how I know he did it because he saw I was lower level and probably needed the certs.  If I am in a mission with no one within 10 or so levels of me lower, I'll hold back.  It really helps the lower level people know that it's not all about the higher level people.

The missions are unfair and unbalanced as far as player selection for them goes. As a lv 62 player it is unfair to put me in a mission with players over lv100. I stand no chance of coming in anything but last place which is unfair to me and to other players like me. It needs to be fixed so players will be pitted against other players who are within like 5-10 lv's higher or lower of them not 50+ lv's higher of them. The last mission I tried pitted me against a lv161, lv206, lv151, lv107 and lv134. Seriously I have no chance of placing anything but last place which makes me not ever wanna do mission anymore and I don't plan to until the mission player selection system is fixed and made fair for all. Not just fair for the higher leveled players.

Now, that's not an accurate statement.  I do place higher in some missions with higher level players.  And have even when on your level.  I have good luck in feed missions unless the higher level players are using gold.

With CM Rowdy rac posting about changes to CC I am wondering if it is going to be more regular again?  How many times will someone keep buying seaweed or use gold if it is every 3-4 weeks. Very costly to win virtual prizes
    I'm hoping it's not that often.  I know my co-op struggled this time and didn't earn all the rewards.  A couple of strong players felt it was too soon and was not prepared.  2 1/2 weeks was too soon for them.  Me being one of them LOL
    Post edited by CookieHugs (US1) on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file