Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion: Additional Ways to Earn Horseshoes

I am loving the weekend horse trainer bonus! So much so that I am running low on horseshoes.

I am not a fan of buying them through a Hot Deal for two reasons. I would rather earn them through game play (and feel more accomplished), and I have a limited budget (and prefer to spend gold elsewhere).

So, I would love it if we had additional opportunities to earn them. Nothing major, just a small something extra to keep the horses training. Please post your ideas, too! How about:

Daily "Train a horse!" task with horseshoe rewards (similar to Activate a farm machine)
Find horseshoes in your farm event (similar to Easter Egg, Candy or Mushroom events)
Horseshoe mining licenses 
Mission reward (suggested by a co-op friend - thanks!) 

Comments

• CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    You can make them in the lab, I think, if you want to upgrade it that far. :)

Train a horse task is kind of counter-productive since you have to use shoes to get shoes. 

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    How can it be counter productive when you need the shoes to train the horse and is the only reason you need them or want them?
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Here is my idea to earn extra horseshoes every day.

Add another page to the horse Stable:

Rose McLundy needs your help.  Please help her out by donating corn and wheat to feed the horses. The more you donate the more horseshoes you get as a reward.

I do understand that you will not want to disrupt the mechanics of the game so you could set a limit to the amount we may donate each day.
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    How can it be counter productive when you need the shoes to train the horse and is the only reason you need them or want them?
    Because you need the shoes to train the horse.  Why would you use - even min - 20 shoes to train for 4 hours to get 1-5 or 10 back?  We all know it wouldn't be much in return.  It wouldn't be train with 20 shoes and get 500...that's not the way anything in this game works.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Ok, I get where you were coming from I was looking at the bigger pic and all of the suggestions you were addressing the daily task issue I believe. In the beginning there is tasks that require you to train your horse so it might be that they could indeed put it in every once in while maybe once a week to get some new shoes.
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 13.08.2016
    @AlabasterGamer (US1) Agreed, I would love to have some extra in-game opportunities to earn horseshoes ;)
    The way things are now, the best way I have figured out for myself is to pick only one of the temp farms, and only do that one, and ignore the others. That way even by not using any gold at all on the temp farm you always get just enough seeds to keep your horseshoe-conversion going until that particular temp farm shows up again; also, the ship does not switch seeds by not opening the other temps, which means you dont have to worry about having to stock up the other seeds. *off to catch special trainer*
    Post edited by Michiru (GB1) on
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    The more I spend on an Island , the worse the rate of return. If I spend $7 million I make 7 million shells, spending $20 million only gets me 13 million and spending $30 million gets me 16 million shells. So my strategy is to do every Island but in a limited way so that I get the most shells for my dollars.

(These figures don't apply to the CandyFarm where the rate of return is appallingly bad)
Sign In to comment.