Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Pranks

I wonder whether it would be possible to limit the number of pranks used by any one player against another player in single day? I appreciate this won't stop people using pranks to bully other players as people will just create alt farms to do this, but it would at least limit it a bit. Over the last co-op challenge I was pranked over 50 times in two days by the same player using two alt farms, limiting the number of pranks that can be used over a 24 hour period would help reduce the extent to which these can be used to bully other players.

Comments

• Over the last co-op challenge I was pranked over 50 times in two days by the same player using two alt farms, limiting the number of pranks that can be used over a 24 hour period would help reduce the extent to which these can be used to bully other players.
    We have been trying to make ggs to make rules for using pranks on other players. They dont seem to caare or take action against it.
    Everyone will say, "Its a game. just play it for fun". Where is the fun when someone keeps irritating us?

• Emma66 (GB1)Emma66 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 134
    55 pranks in 2 days, not really fun!
  • Try complaining it to support
    Thanks for the suggestion Dharu, but I don't see what support can do about it, if you are allowed to place as many pranks on a farm as you like then the player involved is not breaking any rules and is entitled to prank me as much as he wants unfortunately.
  • Val C (GB1)Val C (GB1) GB1 Posts: 277
    I did wonder if this went on, but I've been lucky enough to be on the receiving end of just the opposite.  When I was level 30 I was in a mission with 5 level 200+ players.  One of them gifted all my fields in order to help me along. I hope to be as generous when I reach the much higher levels. 
    Most people are lovely, and I have recieved lots of gifts (as well as given lots of gifts),unfortunately there are a few cowardly bullies out there who hide behind alt farms to attempt to bully players off the game. Placing a limit on the amount of pranks a player could use against another would at least limit this.
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    edited 18.07.2016
    Hey Emma, 

there should be a limit on how many pranks users can put on your farms, of course. I'll check if I can confirm everything's working correctly!

Edit: There's a limit of 9 per farm - if you get more than that, please let us know 'cause that would probably be a bug.
  • FarmerMarkD (US1)FarmerMarkD (US1) US1 Posts: 119
    I believe, though, that the limit is 9 pranks AT A TIME. Once those pranks are repaired, the same player can come back and prank you 9 MORE times, etc. etc. - basically an unlimited number of times a day if you keep repairing them. IMHO pranking during coop challenge or when you are in a mission against another player in order to harm their performance is unsportsmanlike. It may be "fair" according to the rules that GGS has put in place, but that doesn't make it anything other than low, base and mean spirited.

That being said - once coop challenge was over my coop decided to have a "prank war" on each other - pranking fellow members so we all got karma. It was a lot of fun and used up a lot of our pranks.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
     IMHO pranking during coop challenge or when you are in a mission against another player in order to harm their performance is unsportsmanlike. It may be "fair" according to the rules that GGS has put in place, but that doesn't make it anything other than low, base and mean spirited.

Hear Hear! :+1:
  • CM Latten said:

there should be a limit on how many pranks users can put on your farms, of course. I'll check if I can confirm everything's working correctly!

9 per farm, so 27 in total and these can be re-instated as soon as they are fixed. Please explain why you bother having a limit at all? This in no way addresses the issue of pranks being used to bully players off the game.

• I hate the prank limit

for a time there wasn't one, and pranking every building was fun - especially on the people who pay to win and always come in first
    I hate the prank limit

for a time there wasn't one, and pranking every building was fun - especially on the people who pay to win and always come in first
    I don't pay to win and I frequently don't come first, I am being targetted because another player has a vendetta against me because I left his co-op, I never use pranks and being constantly pranked by someone isn't fun
    Anyway, from pranks you are getting the "karma points"
    so i would love it if someone pranks me  :D

~Keldeo

55 times in two days - you would get bored with it believe me
  • edited 12.09.2016
    some adults have no sense of fun at all...
    Post edited by Graycat Ashes S (US1) on
  • Well I guess it feels different if you are the kind of person that uses pranks on other players, I don't
  • Maybe they have to have the same rules for gifts & pranks, cos there used to be a lower limit 3 or 4 at a time & it increased to 9 so you could give someone more gifts, but the downside is you can also give more pranks .... Just a thought :|
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    Regardless of the reasons, I will of course forward the concerns about the current prank/gift limit. Won't promise anything, but maybe we can come up with something :)
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 19.07.2016
    anyone on AU server prank me as much as you like,  love getting the karma points so I can give gifts to my friends, but our co op no longer competes in CC so does not harm me.  Would be more annoying to those who do compete
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    I wonder whether it would be possible to limit the number of pranks used by any one player against another player in single day? I appreciate this won't stop people using pranks to bully other players as people will just create alt farms to do this, but it would at least limit it a bit. Over the last co-op challenge I was pranked over 50 times in two days by the same player using two alt farms, limiting the number of pranks that can be used over a 24 hour period would help reduce the extent to which these can be used to bully other players.

Emma if you know for certain that one player is using 2 farms you can report that player to support for cheating, using 2 farms is against the rules, they should take care of this player

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    CM Latten said:
    Regardless of the reasons, I will of course forward the concerns about the current prank/gift limit. Won't promise anything, but maybe we can come up with something :)

@Latten

I wonder why lately we can no longer see the name of who pranked a player, it used to be visible to every one, but now only the person who receives the prank can read the name,  

Some players shy away when receiving a prank, it would help if others could see who is annoying them

• nope, only the person who got pranks could ever see who did the prank

it's always been that way.   you're confusing this with gifts.
  • Penfold (GB1)Penfold (GB1) GB1 Posts: 252
    I'm somewhat cheered by Latten's kind promise to look into a limit for pranks, having also received over 50 of them - before, and during the challenge, from the same player, using the same 2 of his multiple alt accounts - as a victim of the same vendetta to which Emma is subjected.

I would prefer to see pranks removed from the game altogether, to be honest; I'm all for healthy competition, but pranks on this scale are not "a bit of fun" - and they're not "competitive" - they're an attack; and if I wanted to be attacked, I'd be playing a war game instead. I don't think there should be any facility within the game for people to vent their malice on other players in this manner.  

It's a shame to lose out on a mission because of pranks unless you're prepared to spend gold to do an instant repair. Yes, I do use gold within the game, but I object to being made to feel almost obliged to spend real money - in order to be able to continue a mission and gain points for my team - just because of this player's petty-minded bullying.

• edited 19.10.2017
    pranks only take a few minutes to repair

deal with it
    Post edited by Graycat Ashes S (US1) on

CM Latten said:

Thanks Latten, much appreciated
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    I'm somewhat cheered by Latten's kind promise to look into a limit for pranks, having also received over 50 of them - before, and during the challenge, from the same player, using the same 2 of his multiple alt accounts - as a victim of the same vendetta to which Emma is subjected.

I would prefer to see pranks removed from the game altogether, to be honest; I'm all for healthy competition, but pranks on this scale are not "a bit of fun" - and they're not "competitive" - they're an attack; and if I wanted to be attacked, I'd be playing a war game instead. I don't think there should be any facility within the game for people to vent their malice on other players in this manner.  

It's a shame to lose out on a mission because of pranks unless you're prepared to spend gold to do an instant repair. Yes, I do use gold within the game, but I object to being made to feel almost obliged to spend real money - in order to be able to continue a mission and gain points for my team - just because of this player's petty-minded bullying.

Hear Hear! :+1:
  • Val C (GB1)Val C (GB1) GB1 Posts: 277
    What a shame that the 'ignore player' option only applies to messages.  Would be great if, like Facebook, the ignored/blocked player could disappear altogether from your personal game, and you from theirs.
  • What a shame people don't report players who use multiple accounts for pranks. Would be great if, like Galaxy, people could simply report someone for cheating and enjoy the karma points
  • Goodgame is oppressing us by letting people like graycat prank us.
    That doesn't even make sense. You're all oppressing yourselves. 

Pranks have always been a fun part of the game, and they even cost gold. Do you thing Goodgame runs this game out of the generosity of their own hearts?
  • I have never done a good deed or a prank because i can never buy them! Now i would have to prank at least a few people who i need revenge on but other then that i would most likey never use it but when i did i would prank sorry i am a prankster! >:)  but i wouldn't do multiple pranks to a person thats just messed up!  ;)
  • I have never done a good deed or a prank because i can never buy them! Now i would have to prank at least a few people who i need revenge on but other then that i would most likey never use it but when i did i would prank sorry i am a prankster! >:)  but i wouldn't do multiple pranks to a person thats just messed up!  ;)
     @farmer falcon (US1) If you have been pranked & need revenge, each time you were pranked you get 1 karma & you only need 3 karma to buy a prank or gift, that you can use on someone else. Page 2 has the ones that you can buy with karma instead of gold. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file