Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

SUGGESTION: Your country's holidays as future events!

Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
edited 28.06.2016 in Suggestions
Hi everyone! 

Im following up on Latten's idea:

CM Latten said:
obv. a lot of countries have a lot of holidays.. I'm sure we'll think about adding more and more of these over time..
If you have ideas and wishes, it would be great if you could open up a thread for this specific topic..

Please add your suggestions for new short (weekend) events, involving specific holidays that only exist in your country!
1)Holiday name with date + 2)country flag + 3)respective decoration + 4)idea for a new appearance

I shall start it off with 
1)ANZAC day, 25th of April (the national day is 26th of january but that would clash with the chinese new year :smirk: )
2)so an Australian flag :D
3)decoration: kangaroo statue :wink:
4) sydney opera house style appearance, either for worker house, farmhouse, or cowshed

Comments

• 1) Diwali (The festival of light and colors) (25th October to 1st november)
    2) an indian flag with some crackers on it!
    3) decoration : fire works centre and the horizon, a horizone with fire works and some design
    4) cowsheds and pigsties with paper decoration
    And a new appearance for our farm house, only in MF or in other 2 also, with hanging rope lights or decorated with paper
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    @Michiru (GB1)  Thanks for starting this.  I just came on the forum to do the same! :smiley:

Canada Day, July 1
    Canadian Flag
    Beaver or Moose or Canada Goose or Common Loon
    CN Tower or Peggy's Cove Lighthouse appearance for main farm house 
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    I know that this is not really a country, but I would love to have:

- an Earth flag, maybe for Earth Day (22 April).
    - decoration: how about an horizon with the milky way visible?
    - appearance: a hobbit like house or house surrounded by plants

And in the same topic, since Olympic games are coming soon:
    - An Olympic flag
    - Statue: like the classic era statues from ancient Greece, but with some farm animals practising some classic sport (as the disk/javelin throw or archery)
    - Appearance: Olympic stadium/pantheon

• LuckyViolat (AU1)LuckyViolat (AU1) AU1 Posts: 106
    I would just like to elaborate about the 2 different holidays in Australia.

Australia Day is the official National Day of Australia. Celebrated annually on 26th
    January, it marks the anniversary of the 1788 arrival of the First Fleet of British Ships at Port Jackson, New South Wales, and the raising of the Flag of Great Britain at Sydney Cove by Governor Arthur Phillip.

Anzac Day is one of Australia's most important national commemorative occasions. It marks the anniversary of the first major military action fought by Australian and New Zealand forces during the First World War.  They are 2 different national holidays in Australia.  It is held on the 25th April each year. ANZAC stands for Australia & New Zealand Army Corp. thus ANZAC.

As Australia Day & the Chinese New Year clash could the events alternate between the 2?

As for decorations I'll add to the kangaroo statue the emu as they are both on our Coat of Arms.  The Sydney Opera House is an excellent idea for decorating any of the houses, cowsheds etc.

If any other Australians can think of anything else then please add them.  :)

Thanks Michiru for mentioning Australia.  You beat me to it.  :)

Sign In to comment.