Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update June 6th - New Appearances - Discussion

1235»

Comments

• CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    I've played a lot of games.  IMO, there's nothing wrong with the original design of the buildings.  Having an option to change - which players have been asking for, for as long as I've been playing - is a nice addition.

(Currently waiting for a training ground update to finish so I can crash a UFO into my pigbarn. )
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I've played a lot of games.  IMO, there's nothing wrong with the original design of the buildings.  Having an option to change - which players have been asking for, for as long as I've been playing - is a nice addition.

(Currently waiting for a training ground update to finish so I can crash a UFO into my pigbarn. )
    Lol that UFO pigsty is amusing, but I don't want it on my farm. When I asked for customization on my farm , I wasn't looking for far-out looking stuff. Just the ability to paint the walls, add a few farm-related pieces to a shed (Like maybe a shovel or trough or bricks instead of wood, etc.) . The rustic look is shabby and dilapidated; the UFO look is, as I said, amusing...but not something I want on my farm. Oh well, to each his own I guess.
  • How do you guys rate the difficulty to get the UFO themed pigsty?

i feel it should be made more easy, because i cant play more than 5 hours  a day :/

@Keldeo (IN1)  Level 6 is a real challenge, especially if you do not have many cows or apples, but I find level 5 is pretty reasonable, I finished that with a few days to spare. :)
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 20.06.2016
    @Keldeo (IN1) Both lvl 5 and lvl 6 hardness level will give you the ufo-pig-appearance. I finally got mine (with lvl5 - lvl6 is impossible for the amount i farm) with 10hours to spare heheheh 

Quite like the new ufo crash-site look, makes me yearn to rewatch my childhood tv show Roswell lol

Yes, at least once. After having completed that and lvl 5 (at least once) you can choose any level from then on.
  • Hi GGS
    I want to give one suggestion regarding these new appearances...Appearances are very good.
    But appearances are same for all level buildings... In first look its difficult to find the level of the building...
    there should be sum difference  in appearance for different level of buildings..
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
      Last time I looked I was living in 2016 this is not 1910 why would I put my poor piggies in that mess no roof over their head and dont get me started on that dilapidated dog house, looks like a six year old built.  Really do care about the looks so you offer as your "creative thought process"  an inferior product and think people will buy it. I really think you guys who think this crap up like the flags are having a good laugh at our expense. I am not amused in the least, The one positive I see is the apple tree orchard   as I could get rid of those damn flags but cant see me doing more than that.

Funny, this was exactly my reaction to this theme.  Why would I spend a bunch of dollars to make my farm look worse?
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    Hi GGS
    I want to give one suggestion regarding these new appearances...Appearances are very good.
    But appearances are same for all level buildings... In first look its difficult to find the level of the building...
    there should be sum difference  in appearance for different level of buildings..
    That's what I like about the new appearances.  I can uprade the orchards, cow barns, etc. to the top level and don't have to put up with the flags everywhere.

Speaking of appearances, I LOVE the serene cow barn from the Asian event!
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Hi GGS
    I agree, in most cases the appearances do look good but my main issue is they appear to be a downgrade rather than an upgrade. The building itself looks very small, similar to what you would get at a level 1 appearance. I temporarily added the serene appearance to a level 8 cowshed and it just didnt look right to me.......the shed itself too small, just the one cow, looks like level 1 not level 8.
  • Hi GGS
    I agree, in most cases the appearances do look good but my main issue is they appear to be a downgrade rather than an upgrade. The building itself looks very small, similar to what you would get at a level 1 appearance. I temporarily added the serene appearance to a level 8 cowshed and it just didnt look right to me.......the shed itself too small, just the one cow, looks like level 1 not level 8.
    For my own farm I like the new appearances because they are smaller & more simple. I find it much faster to work my farm without having buildings in the way & less animations = less lag. But for checking out other players farms, it is a bit of a pain having to hover over things to see what they are. I have noticed it when looking at farms for coop applicants & though I do not play missions, I would imagine it is just as inconvenient for checking out ops in them too.

As I work my own farm, more than I check other players, I would have to say that overall, I am more for them, than against them. :)
  • I have a problem.  I couldn't actually see what the rustic appearance for the pigsty was (because the preview is Soooooooo Smalllllll), so I bought it.  Once I chose it and got a good look at it, I HATE IT.  Yes, hate is a harsh word, but this appearance is not something I'm interested in.  Now, if I bought an item of clothing and didn't like it, or it didn't look good on me, I could return it for a full refund.  

How can I return this non-fitting appearance for a refund.  It's "just" farm dollars, but it was $400,000 of them!

Any help appreciated.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    No returns are available.
  • No returns are available.
    That bytes!
  • @CookieHugs (US1) While it is true that GGS do love to remind us that all sales are final, it is also true that not every case is the same & they have been known to make exceptions, so if I were you I would contact support & explain VERY politely, what happened... You have nothing to lose by trying & it is in your favour that the appearances are a new feature, which have tripped up a few people in different ways.
    One thing I did notice is that there is no delete button on them, so it may be that they can`t actually take it back. Anyhoo, if you expect them to say no, they might suprise you. Good luck :)
  • Just checking.  I have some appearances, but I have not tried them yet. (Finally found them!  When I use an appearance, if I don't like it or want to change back to the original building or another appearance is that possible?

This has a LOT OF FUN potential, providing that GGS does not make it ALL GOLD and way too expensive for any of us!!!  I sure wish that GGS wold make Gold prices for things MUCH lower and a FARM DOLLAR OPTION FOR EVERYTHING, so we couold all have more fun with the game!!

I agree too, for the amount of players on each sever, only being able to get a top prize IF YOU ARE ON THE VERY TOP FEW IS RIDICULOUS!  More places at the top should be provided.

Gold players always have an advantage!  I've been saving up my tokens for forever, hoping if I had lots of them, I might have a chance at at top prize!  But if players are spending 1,000 tokens at a time, I have no chance!!! :'(

@Latten, can we please have ONE INVENTORY for all of our Decos?  I want to be able to theme decorate with all of my Decos, Appearances, backdrops, flags, etc. !  I know I will need lots of them in my Inventory to do this and upgrade them with the Landscape designer to to be able to interchange them, but fun for me! Backdrops were a nice concept, but the cost is enourmous!! Would be great at Holiday times, or for season changes, Hawaiian Month, Japanese Month, Space Month, etc.  Yeah, I know, not benefit to my production, exceot the decos, but fun (at level 167, so nice to change things around.)  Will we ever get more space on our farms?

Thanks!  Happy Farming Everyone!

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I am 1 of those daft folk who like everything the same lol so if I won + used new chicken , cow, and pig ,apple orchard skins, would have to win several more to have the nice sameness, this could mean 3-4 years more farming  + then maybe the rest so I am not going for them  Its nice for those who like game enough to not mind playing for years.   
  • Just checking.  I have some appearances, but I have not tried them yet. (Finally found them!  When I use an appearance, if I don't like it or want to change back to the original building or another appearance is that possible?
    @Craftycritters (US1)  When you go to the tab where you applied the appearance, you will see a storage box button under the image for the current appearance, clicking that removes that appearance & puts it back on the righthand side ready to use again. :)
  • @CM Popeye   Not sure if there is a better place to post this - but curious if anything is ever going to be done about the gold level coopcha co-ops that made it to the final reward in the June 28th coopcha but did not receive it because they didn't previously have the apple orchard?  Are we ever going to be credited with an orchard AND the appearance to use it on? (The cute rustic) 

AND what about the current coopcha (July 13th)  will the co-ops that reach the final reward get an orchard (if they don't have one) and the appearance to go with it???

Thanks!  
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    @Gloppity (US1)You can find the answer in HERE.

-Popeye
  • Thanks Scissors I see it now.
    I absolutely LOOOOVE the new regular field "olympic" appearance!!! (It was shortly available this morning in a special offer) Kudos to the graphic designers!!! Keep those fantastic ideas coming :D:D 

• @Michiru (GB1) I agree, I love it too...Just wish the soil was a bit darker so it matched my other fields, I paid good money for that rich dark soil lol
    @RunsWivScissors (GB1) Aaah yes indeed, darker soil would elevate it from fantastic to ultimate perfection hahahaa :D 
Sign In to comment.