Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 11th - Shelving Missions- Discussion

Comments

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I totally understand that those who use gold should get the advantage. But GGS has gone overboard with that concept. Giving gold users an edge is acceptable, even expected, but to give them 500% more advantage is excessive. At some point hard work and game play should amount to something.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 12.05.2016
    I totally understand that those who use gold should get the advantage. But GGS has gone overboard with that concept. Giving gold users an edge is acceptable, even expected, but to give them 500% more advantage is excessive. At some point hard work and game play should amount to something.
    I think this is the main problem many of us have.  I honestly cannot fault GGS for giving an advantage to gold users, and for developing ways to increase their income through gold purchases.  That certainly is to be expected.  But never, ever, have I experience a game that has gotten so out of balance as this one has since I first joined.

They have reduced rewards to almost nothing, and now have made it almost impossible for non-gold buyers to participate in tasks, events, and missions with any degree of enjoyment.  A few perks now and then would be appreciated.  For instance, what about a once- or twice-a-year opportunity to purchase gold using farm dollars?  GGS wouldn't go broke, and it would give other players a chance, once in awhile, to participate more fully.  Just once in awhile toss us some crumbs.

Whether intentional or not, the prevailing attitude comes across as not giving a flying farthing about non-gold players, and treating those players as the unwanted stepchildren.   I myself decided not to purchase any gold after being totally ignored when trying to resolve an issue that wiped out my entire gold stash.  If players enjoy a game, they will spread the word, and more people will join -- a percentage of whom will purchase gold on a regular basis. When people are unhappy, or feel that they are not valued, the opposite will occur.  

A reasonable balance needs to be restored, or GGS will find that it has cut off its nose to spite its face.

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Couldn't agree more @artful (US1) Like you, I stopped buying gold because of issues in-game. When GGS does not even respond to tickets, refuses to add a script ensuring you really want to use your gold, and places pop-up offers that are gonna get clicked unintentionally, they show a total disregard to their paying customers.

I probably would be still buying gold if they addressed these issues. Good customer service goes a long way to building a successful company. 
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    Professor James is back hawking his overpriced books again.  Hope this isn't a daily ritual.  Annoying.
  • paultje1975 (US1)paultje1975 (US1) US1 Posts: 163

well popey i think you didnt see the sarcasme most post gave.

the changes are not what was wanted and we still waiting on the good changes

further i think everyone agree that gold players must have a advantage cause they keeping the game alive BUT what GGS is doing is selling of competitions. In case you didnt notice in real life you get prison for selling of competitions.

• contrary (US1)contrary (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    well golly gee folks..if everybody agrees that golders should have an advantage...QUIT CRYING ABOUT IT!!!
  • paultje1975 (US1)paultje1975 (US1) US1 Posts: 163

because there is a great difference between an advantage and selling of the competition.

Couldn't agree more @artful (US1) Like you, I stopped buying gold because of issues in-game. When GGS does not even respond to tickets, refuses to add a script ensuring you really want to use your gold, and places pop-up offers that are gonna get clicked unintentionally, they show a total disregard to their paying customers.

I probably would be still buying gold if they addressed these issues. Good customer service goes a long way to building a successful company. 
    Amen to that, MRG1!  I don't think they would see a decrease in their bottom line if they simply added a "confirm" button before gold is spent.  (Don't get me started on those strategically-placed pop-ups.)

I posted this in the US Forum, but I thought I would share it here, as well.

I honestly cannot fault GGS for giving an advantage to gold users, and for developing ways to increase their income through gold purchases.  That certainly is to be expected.  But never, ever, have I experience a game that has gotten so out of balance as this one has since I first joined.

They have reduced rewards to almost nothing, and now have made it almost impossible for non-gold buyers to participate in tasks, events, and missions with any degree of enjoyment.  A few perks now and then would be appreciated.  For instance, what about a once- or twice-a-year opportunity to purchase gold using farm dollars?  GGS wouldn't go broke, and it would give other players a chance, once in awhile, to participate more fully.  Just once in awhile, toss us some crumbs.

Whether intentional or not, the prevailing attitude comes across as not giving a flying farthing about non-gold players, and treating those players as the unwanted stepchildren.   I myself decided not to purchase any gold after being totally ignored when trying to resolve an issue that wiped out my entire gold stash.  If players enjoy a game, they will spread the word, and more people will join -- a percentage of whom will purchase gold on a regular basis. When people are unhappy, or feel that they are not valued, the opposite will occur.  

A reasonable balance needs to be restored, or GGS will find that it has cut off its nose to spite its face.

• CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    I have to say I do agree that the game could use some re-balancing to give free players a little bit more of a chance. I actually appreciate people that take their time to play our game for free, and I know it can be a grind at times (don't tell my bosses).

-Popeye

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    If I was supposed to like the new hard work rewards better, I don't  They are not any better. 
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 13.05.2016
    Shelving missions

Currently, at the end of a mission, if you start the search for a new mission within the 3 mins, you get a 10% reputation bonus.
    Do you still get the bonus if you shelve a mission and start a new one within the time limit?
    @ziggy (GB1)  The 10% bonus will only apply if you start a new mission within the time limit of your last mission ending, when you have no other missions running or shelved.
  • Kynio (PL1)Kynio (PL1) Posts: 274
    Hey Gamers!
    On polish server many cooperative from gold ligue are refuse to join in this "Gold chellenge" including allmost all who wins CC in past. And they dont make a mission, dont buy a gold.
    Greentings :)

• Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    Speaking as someone who doesn't buy gold, I can say that GGS already gives us tons of free gold, more than I know what to do with.  Compared to the beginning, where the sole source of free gold was the 50 you get when you level up, we now have the daily login bonus, horse racing rewards, Omar's gold mining licenses, mystery box rewards, etc.

Now, having said that, I have no problems with people buying and spending gold.  For me, the main point of the game is to build my farm to the best it can be and earn as much money as I can.  The fact that other people have better farms than me does not in any way damage my farm or decrease the amount of money I make.  Missions and co-op challenges only slightly affect it with their rewards, so not doing well in them is no big deal to me.  

The only way that other farms might impact me is in terms of balancing.  However, as the recent update to the Asian and Alien events showed, balancers don't consider boosters or special buildings when balancing.  So even if I don't have them, their existence does not harm me in any way.
    "Tons of free gold"?  I wanna play your game because there's no "tons of free gold" in my game.  

• Mira (US1)Mira (US1) Posts: 103
    Now, having said that, I have no problems with people buying and spending gold. 
    I don't care whether other people buy or spend gold, but the game has no balance.  To me the game has absolutely no point and little fun gameplay component.  I mean, there is literally no point.  For a building up a farm game, it's ok, but that gets repetitive and everything is just recolored from a personal deco event standpoint.  Who cares about decos anyway after a certain point?

It's unfortunate that the only teamwork aspect of the game, the co-op challenge, has been made into some cutthroat auction instead of anything involving actual strategy, teamwork, or strategic farm building.  Who cares about working for meaningless hard work rewards or "winning" things that can by bypassed by cheating with the wallet?

The co-op itself is ok as a mechanism for connecting to other players and getting bonuses to production and income generation, but that's it.  After a certain point, leveling up means absolutely nothing other than bragging rights.  They could have focused on a lot more meaningful team activities that actually have an impact, but no, they chose to focus on adding more rat races that can be bought instead.

To me the way the developers emphasize everything on winning, ranks, and including XP boosts from the new school that are absolutely meaningless because levels mean nothing after 80 or so when every upgrade is unlocked, seems to think they cater to people who feel the need to be important or "win" in a farm game.  To each their own, but it clearly isn't me.
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    "Tons of free gold"?  I wanna play your game because there's no "tons of free gold" in my game.  

No, indeed, it seems I must be in the same game you are, DuffyPoo ... the one without tons of free gold :(

I have a question re the shelving.  It seems to me that we do not all have the same requirements for shelving (ie the total that needs to be reached before we are allowed to shelve a mission). When I first noticed this, I thought it was due to lvl - that lower levels had smaller totals required of them but just now I was in a mission with someone of a higher level than myself, yet they were able to shelve at a lower total than me  (773 corn for them, 842 for me).

Does anyone know how this works?
    Is there method to it, or just madness ?
    I usually get to platinum in the horse competition, so that's 2000 gold.  Assuming there are 6 competitions per year, that's 12,000 gold.  Daily log in gives you at least 2,190 per year, plus any extra you get for gold on the 5th day.  Even if Omar only offers you the gold mining license once every 4 months, that's still 1,500 per year.  And I level up about once every 2 weeks, so that's 1,300 per year.  Combined, that's about 17,000 gold per year.  Plus any other gold you might get from other random sources.

Now, compare that to the fact that I originally had to save for about 1.5 years to afford the level 2 water tower upgrade (which I think is around 8,000 gold?).  Never mind the fact that I got a lot of gold at the beginning when leveling up is fast and easy, so that reduced the time needed.  I still currently get over 3x as much as I did back then.

Maybe you don't consider 17,000 gold a lot, but to me, it's far more than I ever dreamed of having when I first started playing.
    I don't play horse comps, as a rule, because I don't play the islands, therefore, don't get enough horseshoes to train horses.  Therefore..no gold.

I do not, in any way, get 2,190 gold from log-in bonuses.  I seldom see gold, only junk, including your mystery boxes that give...junk.  Not gold.  Level up bonuses are what, 30 gold a time?  1,300 per year by your count.  You can't even buy a GML from Omar with that.  

The only real source of gold in this game, for those who had it, were the trial videos when a member of my co-op was getting upwards of 700 gold/day.  By the time the videos were installed on my farm, it was down to mystery boxes full of...wait for it...junk.
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    edited 14.05.2016
    ...and where does it tell the co-ops how many rep pts are needed to win???  Nice move GGS not disclosing this one. Yes - that was sarcasim.............  :p  :p  :D  :D 
    Post edited by Fawners (US1) on
    You should get 30 gold every 4th day you log in.  Or at least, I do.  I don't know how it is on other servers, but I assumed it was the same for everyone.

Also, I believe everyone got a free gold mining license when the mine was released, so you should be able to afford Omar's gold mining license when he offers it.  For a new player, the initial 2000 gold to start it should be obtainable by leveling from 1-40, which probably only takes a month or 2 at the most?  I'm not sure, it's been a long time.
  • GuestSdaf (US1)GuestSdaf (US1) US1 Posts: 86
    does the 10% rep point bonus still get applied when you shelve a mission?

i have not seen anything on that yet
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I actually think Pietral makes a good point. Hard worker events, horse racing, and Omar are a good way to generate gold. People choosing to boycott horse racing or not playing the events where gold can potentially be earned is their decision and its that decision that prevents them from earning the gold on offer. I have also racked up a decent amount of gold from simply playing these events every time they appear so I won't criticise GGS for lack of gold reasons.

My major criticism is the fact everything can be bought now. The CC is an absolute joke and pointless especially in gold league and unless i'm blind or missing something the final prizes are now much worse than the last CC. How is an oversized duckpond that eats through quadruple the amount of feed considered a good prize? Whats the prize next CC, a special cow stable that takes up half your farm? Where's the 44 sunflower seed prize? Now its just a pig balloon decoration that has the advantage of being small BUT extremely expensive to upgrade through Greta so again its pointless.

Shelving missions seemed like a good idea IF missions were played normally but all its done in a CC environment is given the obsessive "buyers" a chance to ruin missions multiple times in half an hour. For example, feed mission starts and they post 10,000 feed in first 10 minutes. They then shelve that mission and post 30,000 wildflower in first 10 minutes, shelve again and then post 20,000 eggs in egg mission in first 10 minutes.....see where i'm going with this? Meanwhile the players that want to compete strategically are sitting in these missions getting frustrated and wondering whats the point. Its not surprising coops are not bothering to compete in CC's when that goes on in almost every mission.

Leagues need to be reworked into buying and non buying teams. For "buying" leagues the same reputation buying hot deals and 300% boosters appear, for non-buying teams none of these popups appear throughout the challenge so it allows teams in that group to compete without cheating (in my opinion). The teams in the buying league can cheat to their hearts content amongst themselves and be completely separated from teams that believe in earning wins through hard work.
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 14.05.2016

No, indeed, it seems I must be in the same game you are, DuffyPoo ... the one without tons of free gold :(

I have a question re the shelving.  It seems to me that we do not all have the same requirements for shelving (ie the total that needs to be reached before we are allowed to shelve a mission). When I first noticed this, I thought it was due to lvl - that lower levels had smaller totals required of them but just now I was in a mission with someone of a higher level than myself, yet they were able to shelve at a lower total than me  (773 corn for them, 842 for me).

Does anyone know how this works?
    Is there method to it, or just madness ?
    I have observed the same. Why is set in this way?

What I have observed is that depends on the number of production buildings you have of that type. No idea if it depends on the level of those buildings. Can some information be given about this?

Right now to me the shelving is pointless as the requested amounts are in general more than what I can produce in a normal play (no gold, no seaweed, harvesting asap) during the mission time (unless I'm lucky and I have stables with the normal [not fast] feed). I was thinking that the shelving was introducing some strategic play in the game, but it is obviously not. It could have been also a good way to encourage people to at least produce a bit of something instead of just faulting the mission, but again, it is obviously not. What a shame :neutral: 
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 14.05.2016
    You should get 30 gold every 4th day you log in.  Or at least, I do.  I don't know how it is on other servers, but I assumed it was the same for everyone.

Also, I believe everyone got a free gold mining license when the mine was released, so you should be able to afford Omar's gold mining license when he offers it.  For a new player, the initial 2000 gold to start it should be obtainable by leveling from 1-40, which probably only takes a month or 2 at the most?  I'm not sure, it's been a long time.

You get gold from every-day-log-in-bonus:
    • 1 x per 5 days on the 4th day you'll get 30 gold
    • 1 x per 5 weeks on the 5th day you'll get 80 gold (additional)
    • 1 x per 10 weeks on the 5th day you'll get 50 gold (additional)
    The daily log in bonus is an 85 day cycle with 17X5 day cycles within it, 

You get gold in the game when:
    - you level up (50 gold)
    - from using a gold mining licence (if you get one) (it takes 2000 gold and after 2 days you get 4000 gold back)
    - from some tasks (e.g.: I think entering a coop gives 100 gold, if I remember correctly - and fulfilling the first 'use the goldmine' task gives you 300 gold)
    - form some horse tasks
    - it can be a reward if you reach certain class in a horse competition (not in this season)
    - a reward for ending up in golden leauge in horse competition (300)
    - you can find some gold in some mystery boxes
    - you can win some in forum and facebook contests (look for official Anouncements). They usually come around important dates (New Year, Easter, Valentines day...)
    - as an email gift from GGS (during special events, when you begin playing, if you do not log in for some time)

How you get a free mining licence:
    - you can find one in a mystery box
    - you can win one in a wheel of fortune
    - you can win one with "George's Silo" event
    - you can buy one from Omar for 1500 gold (giving you 500 gold reward, but you have to have 3500 gold already)
    - you can win one if you end up in a platinum league or two if you reach a diamond league (horse comp)
    - you can win one doing some horse tasks (breeding a quality 2 horse, for example)
    - when you upgrade a mine
    - if you have a gold mining licence and 3000 gold on your account, you get a mine task and you can win another gold mining licence (only the first time)

Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
    None of that adds up to "Tons of free gold".  

I've been playing for over a year and I have never had gold in that many log-ins.  Today was fertilizer.  The same kind I make on my farm all day every day.  Any tasks where a GML was the reward are well and truly done.  I have never received one from a misery box or the WoF.  The horses are a waste of time to anyone who doesn't play the money-pit islands.  Despite playing 12-14 hrs a day I have never come near the GML offered in the HW/Silo event and seldom see one from Omar.  I will never waste gold upgrading the mine.  Forget FB and trying to win a contest here.  Really.   E-mail gift from GGS?  Only when I stopped playing for a few months, and they begged me to come back. :)  So the best way to acquire "free" gold is to not play.
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300

What I have observed is that depends on the number of production buildings you have of that type. No idea if it depends on the level of those buildings.

Really, Mia ?  I have not investigated as closely as you have and did not realise that number of production buildings play a role.
    This is not good news :(

It means the thing is rather badly skewed in favour of heavy gold users then. If you have the gold, you could conceivably  have a single lvl 8 (for example) cowshed and just repeatedly gold that one (which is what some players seem to be doing) PLUS you will need far less to be able to shelve, leaving you free to hop on to the next mission and the next, etc.
    If you don't have the gold resources, you will need the maximum number of production buildings you can reasonably fit onto your farm, just to be able to make a dent in missions. BUT that will also increase your total needed for shelving, so you'll be left further behind ?
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 14.05.2016
    WOW, that must really be awful for you @DuffyPoo222 (INT1) !! ....  :o 

I've received at least over 10 times gold or goldmine licenses from mystery boxes and/or WOF. Don't do every Forum contest (just don't have the time), so maybe joined 4 of them during these 3 years, and was once one of the winners (gold). I hate FB, so nobody will see me there. I do the Island events only once every 3 months since I reached level 110 and race my horses only once per day, always end up in the Platinum League (goldmine license) .... I never buy gold, and since almost 2 years I am having around between 32.000- 35.000 gold (once in a while I buy myself something or upgrade something for gold, and then I safe up again until I am back on the old amount - I never use gold to skip or when playing missions cause just don't feel like it) ... so no problems here. I can't remember ever having mentioned the words "tons of gold" myself, but I do agree that we can get a lot of free gold out of the game itself without buying it (but of course: if one doesn't want to play the forum contest, the horse races, the island events and all other events from which one could purchase gold ... than one has to accept having less gold than others). 
    :| 

Anyhow, the list here above was only additional info to what Pietral tried to inform us about. 
    :) 

I don't like playing the CK - only because of the simple reason that I don't like a contest in which you can buy your way to the upper rankings. It is completely predictable on beforehand which coop will win, and which member within the coop will win - I love a good competition but only in the fair way, where 
    performance and commitment counts.
    I only join in in the CK (play 2 missions in the morning and 2 in the evening) to help my coop members earn the 'hard work rewards' .... Maybe this 'shelving missions' turns out to be only for heavy gold users. I don't know, I never tried it and am afraid I will never be able or tempted to try it (don't really know yet) - but then again: I don't bother. I am obviously not a heavy gold user and once again: I won't ever do my best in a contest where one can buy his way up the rankings.  :p

I guess I am just not that competitive, and secondly I have quite a busy life next to my computer .... so will probably never again finish a whole island event, will never reach the Diamond competition in the horse tournaments and our coop will never ever achieve some great price in the CK - and I must admit: I really don't care... (but I still do think this game can be played without buying gold - and I myself am quite satisfied with what I won/received/earned and/or could safe over the years, without buying!).  :)
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I was not here yesterday . Done 6 missions today, in every 1 players from same co-op have put in huge leads + shelved, so I guess this is their co-op tactic to get 1st prize + if do every CC will have no room for new duck ponds + moan about them collecting dust in their drop boxes >:)
  • I've decided that the best way for a non-gold, mass-spender to use the shelving missions option is to use it to leave a mission clearly being won by gold! I've been shelving those missions, in favor of trying for another mission that I may have a chance of winning or at least placing 2nd. Sometimes, it's how many missions you've played, rather than how many you've won, that gets the points you may need to be competitive. I do use gold sparingly, when I determine that it's worth it, but some missions are clearly only going to be won by the big spenders. I have been just shelving and surrendering them. Using it as a forfeit seems to be working better for me than trying to use shelving option as a way to win a mission.
Sign In to comment.