Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Comments

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 25.04.2016
    In case the servers will have to go down to implement this, when will this update take place @CM Latten ? I can't find any date in the text. Thank you!

but of course the date is mentioned in the heading ..... need more coffee!!  :p
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Very unique idea; so for a one time cost for each upgrade of Lester's building, from then on we can have a free portion of one ingredient for each contract, that's right isn't it?
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    That's what it sounds like to me, Rusty.

I think it sounds quite helpful, although I've thought that about the last two buildings and most others don't agree.  :)  

• CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    Very unique idea; so for a one time cost for each upgrade of Lester's building, from then on we can have a free portion of one ingredient for each contract, that's right isn't it?
    Exactly. Lester's stash doesn't need activation, it's giving you the bonus for one ingredient of your choice, for every future contract.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    And does this building need to be build up on our farm? If so, how big will this building be? When the Laboratory was announced, it was mentioned it would be 5x5 ...

... or am I missing something again?  :p
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    It is to the side of the farm, but expect expensive upgrades. Who's gonna get to level 80?
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 25.04.2016
    And does this building need to be build up on our farm? If so, how big will this building be? When the Laboratory was announced, it was mentioned it would be 5x5 ...

The original announcement said it would be by the Organic Farm.

"The stash is a farm environment building, located near the market. It will be available from level 14 on."
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499

Yes, you are missing .............

From the anouncement:

The stash is a farm environment building, located near the market.

edited 25.04.2016
    Hey Naf .......... ! Are you running your privat rogue investigation? :) Has there been a split in the team? :)
  • Waiting for morning coffee to kick in before I have a serious opinion.  Sounds promising.
  • So... maybe this topic can be merged with @CM Latten 's topic: Update April 26th, Lester's Secret Stash -  Discussion? Just to avoid confusion about things answered in one topic and not in the other.....
  • clinn (RO1)clinn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 198
    edited 25.04.2016

Nice update,
    But I have a question...It sais that we can switch between products until the contract is finished....What happens if for example, at a 4 products contract, let's say apples, cabbage, almonds and honey cream, I want to boost the honey cream because it's the most expensive product and I check this option. Mean while I put all the required apples...let's say 10000 from 10000 apples; the cabbage, almonds and honey cream are not completed yet.

Supposing I have level 10 at Lester's stash, what happens if I change my option and now I switch from honey cream to apples?

I've already completed them without Lester's help and now what? I receive in my barn 1000 apples if I check this option, or once a product is completed by your own barn, the help doesn't count any more? Thanks for the answer!

edited 25.04.2016
    This might be undercover popularity investigation. It's exactly the same topic. Who likes Nafaru, posts here, who likes Latten, posts there. Who get's more posts, wins the pay rise. :)

Or Naf just fell appart with Lat and they don't talk to each other any more. ::)

EDIT: I think I got it. They are "secret", so we get two of them. One from the half of the dev team represented by Naf, another from the other half of the dev team represented by Lat. Yeepee! Finally we get something good from lack of communication within the BF team ! :):):)

Nice update,
    But I have a question...It sais that we can switch between products until the contract is finished....What happens if for example, at a 4 products contract, let's say apples, cabbage, almonds and honey cream, I want to boost the honey cream because it's the most expensive product and I check this option. Mean while I put all the required apples...let's say 10000 from 10000 apples; the cabbage, almonds and honey cream are not completed yet.

Supposing I have level 10 at Lester's stash, what happens if I change my option and now I switch from honey cream to apples?

I've already completed them without Lester's help and now what? I receive in my barn 1000 apples if I check this option, or once a product is completed by your own barn, the help doesn't count any more? Thanks for the answer!

I'm not sure I understand entirely :) If I get it right, you shouldn't be able to use the Lester bonus on a product you already finished, so the problem wouldn't come up in the first place.
  • clinn (RO1)clinn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 198
    edited 25.04.2016

Oh, so then I imagine that once you complete a product by your self, that radio button below the product will disappear or will be deactivated?

Thanks for the answer Latten!

Post edited by clinn (RO1) on

Oh, so then I imagine that once you complete a product by your self, that radio button below the product will disappear or will be deactivated?

Thanks for the answer Latten!

Exactly, once a product is actually finished and confirmed, its radio button can no longer be selected.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Looking forward to Lester new building. I'm sure like the others it will take some time a ton to get it up, but in the end should be a big help.
  • any help I get is a blessing tks big farm nice team work..
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554

Announcent says: "Lester put away some wares from his inventory, and is ready to help you out.. for a price"

LOL as if we didn't already know that there was a price attached! .

I don't do all the contracts I am offered, just pick and choose which ones are doable without completely emptying my barn. Although Lester's stash could be a help, I doubt I will use it much. Depends on the costs for me. Wait and See I guess,
  • monica1230 (US1)monica1230 (US1) Posts: 370
    edited 25.04.2016
    So... maybe this topic can be merged with @CM Latten 's topic: Update April 26th, Lester's Secret Stash -  Discussion? Just to avoid confusion about things answered in one topic and not in the other.....
    The link you shared is for the discussion thread on the EN forum this one is the one on the US forum.  They normally open a discussion thread for each update on each forum
    The link you shared is for the discussion thread on the EN forum this one is the one on the US forum.  They normally open a discussion thread for each update on each forum
    But this time it somehow leaked to UK forum so I can see both anouncements and discussions on the main page. :)
  • Hey Naf .......... ! Are you running your privat rogue investigation? :) Has there been a split in the team? :)
    This is the US forum ... Latten posted on EN forum :p
    Hey Naf .......... ! Are you running your privat rogue investigation? :) Has there been a split in the team? :)
    This is the US forum ... Latten posted on EN forum :p
    Whatever "this" seems to be to you I have both anouncement nicely sitting side by side on the home page. :) Latten first, Naf comming about 2 hours later. :) Now tell me what my forum home page is, US or EN? :)

Even this thread says EN in address bar (see below and Lattens address also). Should I expect US instead of EN if it is US forum? Untill "discussion" the addresses are identical.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/2962779#Comment_2962779

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/123934/update-april-26th-lesters-secret-stash-discussion

Anyway, allways good to have some fun, even if it is with just ones and zeroes playing tricks with us. Actually I'm surprised no mod responded to this yet. :)
  • @Kamilcom (GB1)  I dunno how Nafaru`s announcements ended up in the boxes on EN, maybe cos her name is connected to that forum, but if you click it, the actual threads are def on US forum.... Would make life a lot easier if they just merged us all back together again :)
    OK, "if I click it" - how do I know it's US forum? That's why I pasted both address lines. From my point of view this looks like EN forum - identical EN server address (the address is taken from each respective actual thread openned).
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Check your address bar ;)
    What should I look for in address bar in your oppinion? :)
  • Sheriziya (NL1)Sheriziya (NL1) Posts: 131
    edited 25.04.2016

If you're on the English forum, the address bar starts with:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/

If you're on the US forum, the address bar looks like:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/us

Also, if you're on the main forum page, your tab says either "US - Big Farm - Forum" or "EN - Big Farm - Forum".

Those are the only differences I see....

edited 25.04.2016

If you're on the English forum, the address bar starts with:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/

If you're on the US forum, the address bar looks like:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/us

Also, if you're on the main forum page, your tab says either "US - Big Farm - Forum" or "EN - Big Farm - Forum".

Those are the only differences I see....

Thank you. That's exactly why I asked that "dumb" question. Cause if you read my previous posts, it shows "EN" in address bar for both Latten's and Steffi's threads. :) Which is what I'm pointing to - that from my point of view I am here on UK forum, not US. :)

Now if you (anyone) check UK forum home page, it has Latten and Naffaru on it. US forum home page has Popeye on it. If it shows the same thing for all of us.

Anyways, had enough fun, now back to work. :)
  • You don't have to get snappy, @Kamilcom (GB1) Just trying to help. I simply noticed the same thing you already did in the addresses.

BUT: I'm in the Netherlands and seeing the EN forum with indeed the posts from both Latten and Nafaru on it. The US forum however, doesn't have the updates about tomorrow on the featured posts. I just checked it. The Lester announcement is only in the US announcement forum.
    So..... I'm guessing @CM Nafaru posted it on the wrong forum.
    Perhaps Nafaru was logged out of the forum and selected the wrong server/language when logging back in. Happened to me too a while back. Logged out and back in to the right forum. Things like this can happen.

Additionally, what's weird is that while I'm writing this, the address in my address bar is:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/2962992#Comment_2962992
    BUT....
    When I check the US forum, our posts are in there (too?). It's pretty confusing.

Sign In to comment.