Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Cow & Pig Library Books Changed

I do not like that you changed the way the Cow and Pig library books work - especially because the change was made AFTER I had purchased them - and with no notice.

These library books were very useful for extra milk and pigs. Now, they are less valuable because they award less milk and pigs to top level cowsheds and pigstys.

A Level 8 cowshed, with all library books, used to give me 560 milk, and now gives 450. (Edit: Correction: info button on barns no longer shows the actual harvest after the crazy % is applied for the library books. I now get 567. What a confusing mess.) I do not need more dung. It is a sad offer to take away profits that were paid with gold and throw a little extra dung at me to cover it all up.

Please go back to the format I purchased and do away with the %s. Thank you!

Edit: Can you please show a table of how this change to the books has affected our harvests?

Comments

• Pingo4 (US1)Pingo4 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    I agree 100%.  My pigsties that used to give 215 pigs per harvest now give only 208.  I don't remember how much milk I was getting from the cows so can't tell if that has changed or not.

I bought those books in good faith, trusting GGS to fulfil their end of the bargain.  Well, they have not done so.  They have reneged on the deal that I bought, so I want a full and complete refund of the gold I spent on the books.  I believe this falls under the category of fraudulent business practice - get people to pay for a certain deal, then deliver something of lesser value.

GGS, you are massively cheating your paying customers here.  What are you going to do about it?  Tell people "wait" and hope that the issue goes away?  This issue will not go away.  People will remember that you cheated us in this way.  And why should anyone ever purchase books again, knowing that at any time GGS may decide to change the amount the books deliver?
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I agree  with @PINJO1986 (NL1)  and @AlabasterGamer (US1)  I bought books in good faith. Its using real money to make a bit extra virtual money to help pay Steve and Greta.  Is Monica and Omar not selling enough for you
  • ALEXA10 (HIS1)ALEXA10 (HIS1) HIS1 Posts: 24
    Totalmente de acuerdo con los compañeros anteriores !! YO COMPRE EL MANUAL y no importa lo que coman los animales .. el libro debe aplicar como estaba porque de lo contrario esto se toma como un ABUSO !! cuando pongan jirafas o elefantes ahi si apliquen los manuales respectivos ... NO AL PORCENTAJE !!! EXIGIMOS CANTIDADES IGUALES COMO CUANDO LOS ADQUIRIMOS !!!  >:(
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    So first they do a lousy job on implementing new crops and feed and create a "major balancing problem". Then they quickly hot fix it, correcting the balancing of new crops and feed somewhat, but failing basic math test by not being able to apply percentage in such a way as to keep the original standard values unchanged. As a result paying customers don't get what they payed for. As I see it it's all BF fault due to multiple incompetent job done. I guess it's only right to refund customers if they wish so. :) Btw if that happened to me, I would not be satisfied with gold refund. I would demand real money spent refund. :) Good luck guys in your righteous plea against the masterminds of failures. :)
  • carjola (AU1)carjola (AU1) AU1 Posts: 252
    Yesterday when I had a mission I used the new feed + power tractor & have complete cow book, cowshed gave me 99 milk ? dung ( can't remember lol) for level 7.  Cowshed today gives me 20 milk & 14 dung also level 6 cowshed gives 18 milk & 14 dung the same amount of dungs as level 7. This is a total rip off from GGS as they have now changed the pig & cow books to percentages instead of a fixed figure as they used to be. Also I have cow feed book & it doesn't give the increased amount when produced in the windmill it only mills the standard 10 instead of the 12 as I have level 2 cow feed book. The alfalfa is also the same for the pigs I also have level 3 pig feed but it still only produces the standard 10 in the windmill. Both of these are cow & pig feed so the books should work for the new feed as well....GGS probably wants us to buy new feed books. I have been a gold buyer but am extremely reluctant to spend anymore of my hard earned money on something that can be so underhandedly changed at the whim of GGS especially with no notice of what they are going to do. The information from this company is always very sketchy at the best for any new updates
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    yes totally agree with albaster gamer , i think one solution is ggs should  give back our gold in these library then if anyone want to buy that then buy else leave that , but in that there is 1 problem also those buy at 20% discount  what can ggs do for them 
  • Yend (US1)Yend (US1) US1 Posts: 21
    This % way is no good.  Now I am not sure if we will be able to finish our Cheesed Off mission.  The amount of loss of milk is enough to do us in.  This suck.  Now we are getting less milk and could be out our collectibles for this mission.  I think I have had enough.  It is time to quit this game.
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    edited 12.03.2016
    yes thats true i m not a gold user i spend my gold to increase my dollars amount daily and i have 8 cow and lib for cow also but now that lib is totally waste for me
    i also have corn lib , in past we have 4 mision thats y i bought that at mid level but now we have 9 mission then corn is also wastage but i did not want to tell anything about  corn lib ,corn does give huge rp but that my mistake for corn lib but for pigsty and  cow this is not good they change 
  • Hi everyone.

As Latten posted (on the discussion thread), there will be a further change made, in the next update, to rectify this situation, though it is not yet clear what that change will be.
    CM Latten said:
    Hey everyone,

I do understand everyone's upset about the situation after the hotfix. Personally, I was not aware of the exact impact of this, and I'm super sorry for not communicating it better.
    This fix had to be done quickly to fight a major balancing problem regarding the new seeds. If your buildings are on stage 7, you shouldn't see much of a difference, if it's higher, it should turn out even better than before. But, as you correctly saw, the problem lies with the boosters affecting lower building stages.

We talked about the issue, and we will find a proper, permanent and fair solution for the next regular update (e.g. maybe seperate books for the new seeds). Again, I'm sorry for the annoyance. Please let's be patient for the next update and see what solution our devs will come up with.

Thanks,
    Timo

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file