Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion: Ideas to make Market Contracts easier to manage

In the market contracts screen, here are some things I would like to see:

1) The word "NEW" on every contract that has not had anything put towards it; this is to make it stand out. Whenever we get new contracts, the order of the contracts shown change and we have to hunt around to see what the new contracts are.

2) Have the contracts in a fixed order on the screen and not reshuffle them with every new contract. What order are they in anyway? I haven't been able to figure it out.

3) Each time we enter the market contract screen, let it default to the contract we were last looking at. It's a hassle harvesting duck coops, for instance, and because of the warehouse limit, going back and forth to fill a contract for eggs and having to remember each time which one it was.

Finally, what I would really like to see to help with fulfilling contract orders, is new tabs for each unfulfilled contract requiring that item when we harvest and it hits the warehouse limit. We already have an option to sell the surplus and a tab to transfer to the bakery. As I said, extra tabs, one for each unfulfilled contract will make fillings orders a breeze.

Comments

• adoptapet (US1)adoptapet (US1) Posts: 1,760
    edited 07.02.2016
    I agree with your suggestions.  Implementing any 1 of them would really help.  All 4 would be marvelous.

I edited this to say that of all the suggestions, the one I would really like to see first is the 4th one:

Finally, what I would really like to see to help with fulfilling contract orders, is new tabs for each unfulfilled contract requiring that item when we harvest and it hits the warehouse limit. We already have an option to sell the surplus and a tab to transfer to the bakery. As I said, extra tabs, one for each unfulfilled contract will make fillings orders a breeze.

Post edited by adoptapet (US1) on
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515

1) The word "NEW" on every contract that has not had anything put towards it; this is to make it stand out. Whenever we get new contracts, the order of the contracts shown change and we have to hunt around to see what the new contracts are.

Yes! Whenever we fill a contract(s) it goes to the bottom but when the new contract shows up, it can appear anywhere and we have to click through each contract to figure out what's new. Please give some indication about the new contract.

2) Have the contracts in a fixed order on the screen and not reshuffle them with every new contract. What order are they in anyway? I haven't been able to figure it out.

I totally agree!!!

3) Each time we enter the market contract screen, let it default to the contract we were last looking at. It's a hassle harvesting duck coops, for instance, and because of the warehouse limit, going back and forth to fill a contract for eggs and having to remember each time which one it was.

That would be nice. :)

I agree with this and would also like to have the option to transfer the extras to the market.

• I agree with all.... There is WAY too much clicking involved with the market!!

Once you start getting contracts asking for up to 90,000 of something, harvesting that item becomes a real chore. For example with large numbers or apple orchards, chickens or ducks, you have to harvest a few until your storage is full, then click the market open, click to find your contract, click the donate button to open it, move the slider, click donate , click to close the market, go back & click to harvest a few more until storage is full again, rinse & repeat until they are all harvested & then you still have to click them all to restart them, it is TOO MUCH CLICKING!!

The suggestion of direct tabs is a good one or even making use of those crates that represent part filled contracts, maybe some way they could be clickable and a direct root to the donation screen, so that we fill storage, click the crate for the contract we are working on, slide the slider, click donate button to close the crate, making it just 2 clicks each time instead of a bazillion.
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    I would like to see the slider to be more precise in the numbers we are transferring to the order.  Sometimes you have a small amount of a product left over after putting it in your bakery.  Your order asks for say 27 of something but the slider will show 20 or 41 say.  Not very precise. Or we could type in exactly how much we want to transfer to the market order.  That would be a lot easier.

I also would like to see the new orders stay at the bottom after you have sent the truck off. When a new order comes in you have to search to find where & what the new one is.

A lot of great ideas Rusty Farmer.  :)
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Yes. 4 excellent improvements.

In the meantime, on the subject of the order of the contracts, I think I've sussed it.
    When you complete an order they all shuffle up and the timer for the new contract appears at the bottom.
    When the time is up, they all shuffle back to where they were and the new contract appears in the place of the one you completed.
    I think   :¬)
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    Some great suggestions here.

"New" contracts can stand out any other way for me too, just make them stand out.
    Some sense to organising is highly desirable.
    Not sure I would want extra tab for each contract........ Maybe just a tab for OM linked to order last supplied with the respective item.

On top of Rusty's suggestions I would also like is to see the individual items of the contract straight away on the thumbnail for easy skim check without further clicking.

So OM needs major reorganisation. If done well, some of the suggested changes might not be necessary. Like if orders will be organised, not just "random" and floating around, and if new orders always arrive at the same place, they don't necessarily need to stand out expressly etc.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341

I agree that managing the market isn't the easiest thing in the world and it is so time-consuming trying to find if our over-produced goods are required to fill a contract.

I made the suggestion of having a button to transfer excess goods direct to market late last year and started a thread on that subject.  I have tried to post a link but my computer isn't completely awake yet (I haven't poured enough coffee into its tower lol) and refuses to comply - but the thread is titled Suggestion, Transfer of Goods to Organic Market, and is dated 12th December 2015. 

• amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    I like the suggestions that were made.

On the topic of the market, am i right in thinking that stuff sold there does not presently count towards the tasks in the left hand task bar ?

Because i'm thinking it really should, right?
    For example, If Daniel is asking for me to sell 2500 milk in the left hand task bar, surely selling that amount, or more, in the market should also count as selling in his book, and therefore mean that the left hand task bar task has been fulfilled.
    That would be really helpful.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Good suggestions, I second them! :+1: 

Here is the link to the thread @bdreish (GB1)  is talking about:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/115075/suggestion-transferring-goods-to-organic-market

• bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    Thanks @Jiesta -  my computer is still not copying links, think it is time for an overhaul lol.
  • jello (AU1)jello (AU1) Posts: 1,040
    I do like your ideas Rusty, anything that creates less clicking can only be a good thing in this game :)
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    ** BUMP ** It's on my recent list. :)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I like the suggestions that were made.

On the topic of the market, am i right in thinking that stuff sold there does not presently count towards the tasks in the left hand task bar ?

Because i'm thinking it really should, right?
    For example, If Daniel is asking for me to sell 2500 milk in the left hand task bar, surely selling that amount, or more, in the market should also count as selling in his book, and therefore mean that the left hand task bar task has been fulfilled.
    That would be really helpful.
    The amount you put into the contracts are not sold until you have finished that contract & send it off.
Sign In to comment.