Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 3rd - Too late for New Year's Eve? - Discussion

11517»

Comments

• feathy (GB1)feathy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 39
    I'm a little confused, I finished all of the animals except the dog and pig, so I know my decoration will be 7x7 but I had an extra 29 points so it should be 159 happiness not 130. I've refreshed and still 130. Hopefully that is part of what will be fixed.

Also, talking about the boosters, I did get a x12, an x11 and a couple x10 along the way but most them were x4 or x5. So it was weighted to the smaller numbers but I only did a few a day when the fireworks were going and I had big things to harvest.
    Very similar experience. Mine should be 157 I believe. I managed to get the dog so it at least was 6x6, but the extra 27 points is what made the decoration worthwhile to invest in.

I only ever got the bigger numbers when spending gold as opposed to dollars. Having the fireworks more regularly the final three days certainly helped! Probably wasted about a thousand gold on trying for the pig before realising I wasn't ever going to manage that last one. Oh well.
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    @kiltmaker (GB1)  and @feathy (GB1): Unfortunately, it is not an error. The extra bonus in addad only, if all animals are finished.

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    @kiltmaker (GB1) and @feathy (GB1)  Bonus in blue zone was locked (see the padlock on it). Unlocked only when all 12 zodiacs were 100 % (as the description said). :) So it was on purpose. But they still could "fix" it, I agree. :) Was a bit of rip off to balance pig and dog as by far the most difficult zodiacs and condition bonus happiness on heir completion. :) 
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Hey farmers, Thanks a lot for your honest feedback. I found the event was a really cool idea, but could use some tweaking with the difficulty for sure. I will be collecting all of your feedback, and passing it over to the development team when I meet with them next. Happy farming everyone!!!!

-Popeye
  • Pingo4 (US1)Pingo4 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    edited 23.02.2016
    I arrived this morning to find my brand new deco in my drop box.  I am now the proud (?) owner of a 7x7 deco with 10 happiness points.  After 2 weeks of junk dropping from every harvest, cluttering up my screen, and the screen bouncing over to the side whenever the fireworks started, this is the reward?  Oh yeah, let's not forget the donkey feed and other mostly useless stuff along the way.  I play a lot, and had everything over 100% except the dog and pig.  Good thing I wasn't expecting a good reward for the two weeks this event took, because a deco with happiness per square of 0.2 has to be some kind of low-happiness record.  And yes, I did clear my cache before loading the game this morning, so please don't bother suggesting that.

I didn't want the deco anyway, it doesn't appeal to me, but a deco that size with only 10 happiness is an insult after such a long event.  It was only ever destined for Greta, but really, it's hardly worth even giving to her for parts.
  • @Pingo4 (US1)  I had same thing but it did change into the right one after refreshing game & seems its happened to several others too. Try CTRL+F5, just incase refresh isn`t doing the trick.... Hope ya get your right deco, cos it will be worth decent amount of parts.
  • @Pingo4 (US1)  I had same thing but it did change into the right one after refreshing game & seems its happened to several others too. Try CTRL+F5, just incase refresh isn`t doing the trick.... Hope ya get your right deco, cos it will be worth decent amount of parts.
    676 parts for mine with no pig no dog finished
  • musicdoc (US1)musicdoc (US1) US1 Posts: 43
    We have a member lvl 80 who finished all but three zodiac animals 100% and got just the 7x7 worth 10 happiness. Has anyone else had this problem?
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    Mine 7x7 32 happiness ,built +was going to give for parts,but cannot find in decor tower ,dont want work to count for nothing if GGS introduce it later  + cannot unlock it because destroyed
  • Zanne (US1)Zanne (US1) Posts: 3
    edited 23.02.2016
    Hi all. Did anyone else complete animals (decoration pieces and happiness) that never showed up on the completed product for the Chinese New Year event? I earned over 100% on all the animals except for the Rooster, Pig, and Dog. At the end, the event gave me a fire monkey with 10 happiness and none of the other decorations or happiness I had earned. I don't see anyone else posting complaints, so I'm wondering if this was only me???

I wasted time and money trying to complete the last couple animals that were close last night, which is very annoying. In the end, even if they give me what I earned, I don't even know if I'll use the decoration because despite my success, the decoration is HUGE. Disappointing... I won't pay any attention to this event if they do it again and don't fix the problems.

I submitted the bug to support. We'll see what happens...

Doc up there is referring to me I think.... >.> Thanks doc!
    Post edited by Zanne (US1) on
  • Farmer Jo Jo (US1)Farmer Jo Jo (US1) Posts: 112
    edited 23.02.2016
    reload your game and it might change to the right happiness.  Worked for me.  went from 10 sadness points to 130 happiness points. 

yay!
  • Pingo4 (US1)Pingo4 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    @Pingo4 (US1)  I had same thing but it did change into the right one after refreshing game & seems its happened to several others too. Try CTRL+F5, just incase refresh isn`t doing the trick.... Hope ya get your right deco, cos it will be worth decent amount of parts.
    Thanks, Scissors.  I reloaded the game and the deco changed to 130 happiness.  The appearance also changed.  And the value in deco parts jumped from 45 to 676, so that part is good.  It was sure funny while it lasted, though.  :D
    edited 23.02.2016
    Thanks Farmer Jo Jo!! That worked! The simple things.... :smile: 
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 23.02.2016
    I have an almost entire coop that is extremely frustrated with their decos and the way this event was organized.

People spent way too much time, dollars, gold and for a decoration that was only worth 10-30 happiness. Myself and other person were the only ones that got all but 2 animals done (i.e. the pig and dog were about 50% and 91% done) and we were disappointed to realize that the bonus happiness was locked. It was clear we wouldn't progress more unless we bought the boosters with gold. 

(Note: I am not talking about the decos that were mistakenly awarded at 10 HP that are fixed by reloading the game, I mean people that couldn't finish a single animal or only finished 2-3 animals because this was an event that was too time demanding.)

The fireworks being random was not a good feature, nor was it your decision to post it only on Twitter. You have people that follow your Facebook page as well and that could've been another way to announce fireworks were coming. And there are also people that just choose not to do either social media. So it would be ideal to make fireworks something predictable, such as, reaching a certain reward level, making the fireworks a bonus for a period of time. Stagger it so that it is individual, not a global thing. Maybe like, when a person hits level 5, 10, 15, whatever.

I noticed that for long periods of time, once an animal hit about 90%, it would take FOREVER for it to move up a percentage. This made me wonder if the chips were even registering.

Now that most of my coop members dismantled their monkey decorations as soon as they got them, they saw that it was worth barely a thing, with a member reporting Greta giving 1 decoration part. 

I loved the idea of the Chinese New Year event, being a person that celebrates it, but you really messed this up. For many I imagine this is the first time they experienced Chinese New Year and this event failed to illustrate the happiness and celebration that comes with this time of year for people in Asia.
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    Mine 7x7 32 happiness ,built +was going to give for parts,but cannot find in decor tower ,dont want work to count for nothing if GGS introduce it later  + cannot unlock it because destroyed
    Hey Les, 

it won't appear in the deco tower, sadly. The CNY event deco works too different to the other decos, and with the current setup within the game, it's not compatible with how the deco tower works. So yeah, it most probably will not be introduced for the tower now or later.
  • chaslyn1 (US1)chaslyn1 (US1) Posts: 12
    edited 23.02.2016

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 23.02.2016
    well monkeys now gone to Greta 15 days farming over 6 hrs a day got 3 parts lol Not much good to me

Greta just had level 1 tiki Took 1 + 1/2 days same farming CNY event Its worth 54 parts Does not seem fair because spent millions on boosters to Does GGS value that Think not

Posts Merged | Cuddly

Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
    edited 23.02.2016
      Hi, Zanne!

This morning, when I clicked the "I want it" for my decoration, It said that my decoration would have 88 happiness, when I went to find it in my inventory it only has 10 happiness!!!!

I had completed 6 of the animals, including the snake, which should have given +30 happiness on it's own !! I also completed the dog to shrink the deco by 1x1. I have spent so much GOLD on this! 

And now I feel like I got ripped off! Where did all of the happiness in my decoration go while it was on it's way to my inventory?

I need this to be fixed so that I don't feel like I was ripped off.  Just give me the deco that I earned and I will be ok.  I promise that if this does not get fixed I will not put another CENT into this game, which means the frequency at which I play will taper off drastically. As it stands right now, I have spent about 130,000 GOLD since the beginning of FEBRUARY trying to get a really great Chinese New Year Decoration!!  To end up with a 7x7 with the happiness of 10 when I earned a 6x6 with the happiness of 88!

Try reloading your game. It worked for me!
  •  

Try reloading your game. It worked for me!
    Thank You! It worked to reload the page.
  • Great. So now we are supposed to know that we need to refresh the game if we don't get what we want. Can that please be part of the instructions from now on.

'Dear players, as you know this game does not operate under normal parameters expected of most games. It is part of any event that you should refresh any prize you receive.'

I am one of the dummies that took it for granted that what I got was what I got. My deco went to Greta. I know that others who did not read the forum did the same. What an amazing game this is!!!!!!!!

By the way, if you didn't recognise it, this is sarcasm and will remain so even if you refresh.
  • Sadly only 3 out of 64 in the coop were able were complete this event.  A handful of others myself included were close but the slow progress on the pig and dog chips were a problem.  I really enjoyed the event but feel like it was a real drain on resources (farm dollars and gold) and required a lot of time online to get anywhere on it. For the most part members of the coop were frustrated with it, many right away and some quit putting any effort into it at all.  It seems like it needed some tweaking to make it more balanced and reasonable. 

I am not new to the game and my farm is well rounded, with some extras.  It is not a gold built farm or a production farm.  I can not imagine how difficult those new to the game or with limited time online had to find this event. 
  • tessa17 (US1)tessa17 (US1) US1 Posts: 106
    edited 24.02.2016
    My farm is level 125,  I am logged in all day and night. I never spun the wheel using gold and I got all but the pig.   So far I haven't heard of anyone who got the pig who did not use gold to get it done.

While a 6x6 deco valued at 130 might be good for a growing farm for me it wasn't worth the time, effort, farm dollars and gold I dropped to get it. Sure I can demo it but what is the point of all of it if I can't even show off my prize at the end?

My suggestion would be just like the game takes into account an increased drop rate for lower level farms they take into account the deco value for higher level farms.
    If this 6x6 deco had been valued at 165
      I probably wouldn't be as frustrated.  The same could be said for the Ice Palace and Snow family decos etc etc..
    Post edited by tessa17 (US1) on
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I am wondering why we did not get another spot in the deco tower to unlock this wonder chinese new years deco??
  • I kept refreshing, but the deco was still only at 103, the missing 23 points are gone, hardwork doesnt pay out. im wondering why is this account not deleted yet ....
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    I kept refreshing, but the deco was still only at 103, the missing 23 points are gone, hardwork doesnt pay out. im wondering why is this account not deleted yet ....
    The extra 23 points are added ONLY if you have finished all 12 animals. So 103 deco is what you are supposed to get.
  • Dans Farm (GB1)Dans Farm (GB1) Posts: 3
    edited 24.02.2016
    Yes that is great. Thank you for your wisdom.

Why am i collecting something, when im NOT supposed to GET it ?

goodgamestudios will need to build more decorations, to raise the happiness of the players, or they may start leaving the game.

Anyway.
    I wonder, why havent they deleted this account ??
    Post edited by Dans Farm (GB1) on
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    Yes that is great. Thank you for your wisdom.

Why am i collecting something, when im NOT supposed to GET it ?

goodgamestudios will need to build more decorations, to raise the happiness of the players, or they may start leaving the game.

Anyway.
    I wonder, why havent they deleted this account ??

Did you ask them to delete your account? If you want to delete your forum account, you can send a PM to one of the CMs. To delete your game account, contact support and ask them to delete it.
  • Dans Farm (GB1)Dans Farm (GB1) Posts: 3
    edited 24.02.2016
    Thank you,
    i have sent the requests (arround 3 or 4), over the game support site.
    the confirmation page says, they have emailed me the copy of my request, but the mails are appearing like 10 hours later, and the ticket id from that email is not accessibile.

I have replied to that email, few hours ago, and im waiting now.
  • Amazing. I get to the half way point and then I finally figured out the Chinese New Year Event. This meant I missed about half the flags also. I hope that next year this comes back. After I figured it out, it was actually fun. As for the deco, I get them put them on a farm so I can get the credit in the deco farm then I delete it. Although for some reason this deco isn't in the deco farm anywhere. Why? Was that an oversight?

Kzlady9578

Sign In to comment.