Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Terms & Conditions

Today the "Terms & Conditions" came up before I was able to play.  I read through much of it.  I want to go back & check how something was stated and I don't know where to find it again.  I tried this search, but it only showed people talking about something from it.  I didn't see an answer to those who asked where to find it.

Comments

• adoptapet (US1)adoptapet (US1) Posts: 1,760
    edited 17.12.2015
    There is a clickable Terms of Service in the black area below. Click on that (it is for the forum).  Go to the black bottom area and then click on Terms and Conditions.  I am not absolutely sure, however, if that is the same as in the popup.

Edit:  Can a moderator post the link to the new T&C here please?
  • Thanks~!
  • Gin7 (US1)Gin7 (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    Thank-you. 

I was checking on the age of players.  We have young kids joining....especially on the weekends.  They can plant & harvest but do not understand how the game really works & are unable to play for long.  The game is just too advanced for 8,9,10 yr. olds (without adult help).  I read in the new terms & conditions that they were to be at least 13....& then  about parents or something....that's what I forgot.  I wish that it would be posted somewhere where it's easy for kids to see that they need to be at least 13 to succeed at this game.  We try to help younger kids in our co-op, but its hard to explain complicated concepts when you're not right with them.  I'm suggesting adding this to our co-op's requirements.  (But they don't have to state their correct age)

Thanks again,
    Gin
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    From the Terms of Service:
    4.5 It is prohibited to apply measures that hide advertisements. It is of no significance whether advertising is deliberately hidden or can not be displayed in general e.g. by so-called pop-up blockers, text-based browsers, or similar.

Maxthon is the only reliable browser for this game for me, and it comes with AdBlock.  IE, Chrome, and Opera all have issues with this game. I primarily use Maxthon for this game, and when videos come up, I can switch to another browser if I want to receive the ads. So does this mean I am in violation of the terms of service? The only reason I have Maxthon is for this game since the issues with the other browsers is only with  this game

GGS tells us to not use Chrome, to try another browser because of the bugs in their game. I have downloaded 4 different browsers just so I can play their game, but the only browser that works for me to play this game is unacceptable to GGS because of the AdBlock feature.

Wow.

• I also came here in search of clarification to T&C 4.5.

I use an add-blocker.  Am I out of compliance?
  • Why would you need an ad-blocker for a game without ads? And why would they be worried about it?

I'm thinkin' that ads are in our future?
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    Why would you need an ad-blocker for a game without ads? And why would they be worried about it?

We already have ads with the video feature. :)
  • Why would you need an ad-blocker for a game without ads? And why would they be worried about it?

We already have ads with the video feature. :)

Yea, but you gotta click on the ads. Ad blocker is pointless if you have to click into a separate link to see them. There's nothing to block as it stands.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515

Yea, but you gotta click on the ads. Ad blocker is pointless if you have to click into a separate link to see them. There's nothing to block as it stands.

Yea you have to click the ads to watch them and get rewarded. Unfortunately, you don't have to click/watch ads for 3rd party stuff to infect your PC. Ad blockers prevent all that unnecessary stuff or at least we hope so.....

If we have an ad blocker we shouldn't be exposed to the ads in the first place. ;)

I don't think anyone has the right to decide what we do with our own personal computers to protect our personal info. We have 4 weeks to dispute the new T&C and I would recommend that everyone with any questions/concerns, do so. :):+1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file