Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Comments

• Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    Inventory Rework

From now on, stored deco can always be placed or built on the farm, even if it's level is too high. To give an example, this might happen if you get a decoration from unlocking a new building area which stores a secret decoration reward.

That is a great news :smiley:
    I haven't had that problem for a long time, but i know players who are still asking me what is wrong.
    So good news for them to tell.
    Thank you GGS :smiley: 

• Very glad that the deco rule is changing back to how it was when we were noobs, it was sad to see players winning rewards they couldn`t use.... WTG GGS!!! 

Who wins the "Winner takes it all" deco??.... Just the winner or still everyone in Diamond league or more people?

I was hoping to never get the ads, are you sure you don`t need another year or so of testing? hehe
  • Newbie here: What exactly is this festive farm? Is this the current Viking island, or is this something new that we'll see tomorrow?

Thanks!
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    Newbie here: What exactly is this festive farm? Is this the current Viking island, or is this something new that we'll see tomorrow?

Thanks!
    It is island running now
  • Ah, thanks! :smiley: 
  • @CM Latten

Will the movies be the great ones with 20/day that we pick the 1 in 4 prizes that have the gold for one of the choices?  I sure hope so!!!!  The surprise boxes are not worth the effort!  Thank you!

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557

I was hoping to never get the ads, are you sure you don`t need another year or so of testing? hehe
    Oh, I so understand what you mean Scissors!!! - don't need those video ads, invading our computers with alien stuff. 
    Do as I do - just leave them idle, never touch them and try to look past this terrible impediment in front of our library, and blocking our tree!  ;)

• I was hoping to never get the ads, are you sure you don`t need another year or so of testing? hehe
    Oh, I so understand what you mean Scissors!!! - don't need those video ads, invading our computers with alien stuff. 
    Do as I do - just leave them idle, never touch them and try to look past this terrible impediment in front of our library, and blocking our tree!  ;)
    I'm agree, these should never have been implemented!
    - or at least, they should have a ingame choose on/off function (maybe only for gold-buying players?), so players like me ingame can disable the video function. 

Well, at least a player (I don't remember who and where) find out a tip how to disable the video function, so players like me by a little special setting in the browser and using an addblocker program, can disable these videos, and have the upgrading building process show in the little tv in the bottom of the screen. :smile: 
    - hehehe, take that GGS!
  • adoptapet (US1)adoptapet (US1) Posts: 1,760
    edited 30.11.2015
    To disable videos entirely, play the game in a privacy mode.  I use Firefox.  It has the privacy mode AND tracking blocker.  Game plays faster and really helps.  Videos never show up.  Only problem is that it does not remember your history, etc.

Edited to add:

I do not have an adblocker, but I think the tracking thing takes care of that, too.
  • I love the reindeer!.   Can't wait for tomorrow to see what else there is.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325

Who wins the "Winner takes it all" deco??.... Just the winner or still everyone in Diamond league or more people?
    As usual, everyone in diamond league will win this special decoration. So saddle up and get ready! ;)

Will the movies be the great ones with 20/day that we pick the 1 in 4 prizes that have the gold for one of the choices?  I sure hope so!!!!  The surprise boxes are not worth the effort!  Thank you!

The video ad feature and all its functionality has not changed with this update. It was just made available for all players.

For further discussion on videos, however, please use the existing threads. :)
  • "From now on, stored deco can always be placed or built on the farm, even if it's level is too high. To give an example, this might happen if you get a decoration from unlocking a new building area which stores a secret decoration reward. "

Thank you SO MUCH for this! I was kicking myself for putting my lake into storage while I re-arranged my farm.... then couldn't get it back out :/ THANK YOU!
  • I'm also really glad that stored deco can be placed - I put my picnic in the inventory early on in the game and was gutted when I couldn't get it back out! 

Thanks!

• rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    Did you jack up the cost of fuel too!

Like the wish list and island.
  • @CM Latten

I agree so much. The surprise boxes are like, 2,000 dollars for me most of the time. Before, I could get maybe 30 gold per video, and that helped me so much. The boxes aren't worth it.
  • Rudolph is cute :).  I like the calendar so far ,hope it stays fun.

• Kelly1028 (US1)Kelly1028 (US1) US1 Posts: 25
    I like the Calendar, it'll be interesting to see what all we can get from the boxes! Good idea, GGS! :) Makes things fun! The Festive island is nice, too, but as usual I won't be able to do much with it (or rather, just won't do much with it because I don't have a lot of dollars to spend lol).

However, there is a star with "x0" in it on the prologue page of the calendar, and in the 'what's next' section it says something about using the festive stars you've collected to win decorations at Santa's workshop... obviously, the workshop is something that will show up later on, but the description makes it sound like we should be collecting stars now to use later when the shop shows up! So, have I completely gone blind and missed something (I'm not here that often) and there should be stars to collect, or will the stars to collect show up with the shop, whenever that arrives? My guess is everything will be done later, not now, but that darn description...!! lol. ;)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    I really like the Big Farm Advent Calender so far. Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer is a
    classic children's story that even an old fart like me still enjoys watching every year. Brings back many fond memories. Good work, GGS!  :)   (don't get to say that often)  :D

• what are the presents for on the festive island for. I have found several. But when you put pointer on them they disappear.
  • what are the presents for on the festive island for. I have found several. But when you put pointer on them they disappear.
    If you find enough of them, eventually one will appear over the polar bear in the bottom right area. Clicking it will cause the polar bear to put on a santa hat and do a short dance.
  • Hey CM Popeye,
    On Sunday our co op was not able to get all members who began the list to 100%, and are 4 or 5 short. 
    Our question is:  Before our co op can progress do we need to get those members in the first week AND the 2nd week to 100%?   Or is week one closed and no longer an issue?
    Thanks,
    MuddyHollow
  • Also, just read the update and I still do not have videos
  • wonder if we have to find presents everyday on the island and if other animals will sport hats and dance.  Must click on presents before they disappear.
  • The advent calendar is great. (Lets hope it stays that way..) I love Rudolph, and I can't wait to see what decorations Santa is going to sell us. I'm hoping the prizes will actually be good for once too. I guess we will all have to wait and see.
  • I don't know if you could cram another event into this week/month or not! Geez! the calendar, santas wish list, our weekly event, the festive island, and anything else???? People that play this to relax after work cannot keep up or get any one thing done!!! Let alone the upgrades to our farm when we can only do 1 at a time! You should be able to do at least 1 on every farm (gourmet, flower, festive island, main). To sit and wait almost a day for something to upgrade or get built is a waste of time and leaves less time to accomplish something! At least you could do is not make the things so high of amounts (ex. Santa's wish list) over 12,000 milk!!!!! All of us do not have the unlimited gold or all day to sit on our rumps to get everything done!! Let's get this so normal working people can enjoy it! 
  • I have no problem with having multiple events going on if they are not all draining the same resources.  I enjoy the search games, and the calendar seems fun, looking forward to more :).
  • What movies, I have been sitting with an blank screen on all my farms ever since the screen appeared on my farms, so much for " random ". seemed to have missed me completely & its not that I don't spend at least 4 hrs a day playing this frustrating game..

• I was hoping to never get the ads, are you sure you don`t need another year or so of testing? hehe
    I agree. The videos aren't so annoying that they can't be ignored. Better if we could annihilate all trace of them, but ignoring works, for now.

CM Nafaru said:

As usual, everyone in diamond league will win this special decoration. So saddle up and get ready! ;)
    The horses have never drawn my interest, but I like to see the deco some of my co-op members have earned on their farms. I really liked the golden horse I've seen.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    I like the daily tasks on temporary farm. :) They add something else to do appart from repetitive farm rebuilding and doing regular quests.
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Hey CM Popeye,
    On Sunday our co op was not able to get all members who began the list to 100%, and are 4 or 5 short. 
    Our question is:  Before our co op can progress do we need to get those members in the first week AND the 2nd week to 100%?   Or is week one closed and no longer an issue?
    Thanks,
    MuddyHollow
    Hey there=) If all members do not finish the week, the counters will reset when the next week starts. You will not have to complete the previous week, you will then have new goals for the new week.

-Stan
Sign In to comment.