Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Viking - Festive Farm

Comments

• maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Yes i am it disappointed that they don't work on the farm too :(
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    But I am loving the deco just like Jiesta is :D.
  • I hope I'm wrong but I see new prices for land expansions :disappointed: 

1 plot 10 000 50
    2 plot 66 000 390
    3 plot 82 000 770
    4 plot 200 000 1200
    5 plot 360 000 1600
    6 plot 610 000 2100
    7 plot 900 000 2700

Yes, agree - prices seem rather high. And with buildings taking up a lot of space, expansions are needed.
    Is it just me thinking, that everything seems rather expensive this time round, including upgrades? I find it somehow a lot more difficult to get things off the ground this time :worried: 
  • I can't seem to find someone else mentioning it but I am not collecting any runestones from building, upgrading, producing and clearing plots of land on the new Festive farm. Is this the case for the new farm or is it a bug?
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    I can't seem to find someone else mentioning it but I am not collecting any runestones from building, upgrading, producing and clearing plots of land on the new Festive farm. Is this the case for the new farm or is it a bug?
    I have noticed a same thing. I cleared caches "and all", once again, tried different browsers, but no, no runestones from harvesting or anything. Like you said.
    I'd like to know too is it a bug or what?
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    No word from GGS........could this be fixed in the Dec 1 update?
  •  I can't seem to find the map showing the hidden decos on the Island.  I need the map because players number the plots differently.  Thanks.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    Hey everyone,

you have noticed some issues, surprises and general changes with this event farm already. Let's answer some questions, shall we?

First of all about the books: While it is true that bonuses of these books applied to all winter farms in the past, this was due to their same product pool. Now with the Festive Farm, products have changed slightly and only those bonuses of items that remained unchanged (e.g. fish) should still apply.

As for the expansion prices, yes they are different with this version of the event.

There will be no Wheel of Fortune for the Festive Farm, however, Omar will present his festive deals.

Unfortunately there are also some already known bugs with this event, one of them being the bank not showing blue zZz as soon as the cooldown expired. We're already working on those.

As I can see, you have also already found the Festive Farm's little easter egg. Please consider using spoiler tags for those still willing to discover it themselves. Thanks! :)

We hope you have a wonderful time on our Festive Farm and are getting right in the festive spirit for all of the upcoming surprises.

Cheers,
    Steffi
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 30.11.2015 Answer ✓
    I'm not sure if the Northern Lights is the same as the Viking Farm, but here you go,Craftycritters:https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/107100/the-information-of-viking-farm-by-prince-manish

• Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    CM Nafaru said:

First of all about the books: While it is true that bonuses of these books applied to all winter farms in the past, this was due to their same product pool. Now with the Festive Farm, products have changed slightly and only those bonuses of items that remained unchanged (e.g. fish) should still apply.

Cheers,
    Steffi
    Sorry but they don't ( Pinguins, fish, feed - nothing
  • That's it!  Thanks @farmerjohn 22 (US)
  • Pingo4 (US1)Pingo4 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    CM Nafaru said:
    Now with the Festive Farm, products have changed slightly and only those bonuses of items that remained unchanged (e.g. fish) should still apply.

Except those bonuses are not being applied. I have not been receiving the bonuses I should get for my feed and fish books. Can we expect this to be fixed soon? Please?
  • Land prices increased arbitrarily?  The temp farm wasn't expensive enough?  Seriously? 

Let me be first to say this is a horrible idea. 

Also, it's safe to assume you can't run this farm throughout the year since it's seasonal so you can't make new booster books for a once a year farm.  So your best bet to sell more gold and boosters is to link them to the Viking/NL farms.  With boosters helping all 3 temp farms, you are going to increase sales.  I would buy more boosters right now if they were to help the Festive farm.  I would even buy more gold to do it. 

Lastly, being that it's the most popular shopping day online today, Cyber Monday, why are you not running a special on gold or a new hot deal!?  Most every online game I know is running a Cyber Monday deal except Big Farm.
    The books do not work even when there  is no change in name of the item.

Regardless, it was promised that all wintery temp farms would use those books:

On Auguest 4, 2015  Nafaru stated ,"Yes, those books tell you everything about setting up a farm in wintery areas of the world."

There is simply no other way to interpret that.  The books must be made to work.  This crosses a line that must not be crossed.   It gets no more basic than this.  I feel like I was lied to and cheated.  As customers, we deserve to know that you "get that."

Like other people, I bought them and paid for them with real money.  That promise must be kept.  If GGS fails to make them work here, that is a fundamental violation of their word and violation of their trust with the user.  I have to be honest here.  It never occurred to me that a statement such as today's statement by Nafaru could ever happen.   I hope GGS realizes how serious this is and fixes it.  To call these minor changes a "new" farm and pretend they are substantial enough to warrant a different set of books is shameful.

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    One of my coops said they found a dancing polar bear.
    Well in the island farm, you can find a small orange gift box.  BUT hoover or click on it and it just vanishes or shoots straight up.   Shows up somewhere else.  They said you have to find it umpteen jillion times but eventually you'll get a dancing polar bear.   NO clue if this does anything in the game or if it's just an easter egg but I have already wasted tons of time on THREE farms.    There must be a spot this thing hides in that I just can't find.  

Do the programers here have nothing better to do than come up with ways to make us all go insane?  Hmmmm?
    And isn't this sort of mean?   A gift that vanishes before you can open it?   WTH?

So fine.   I'd be happy with a screen shot to see what it is I'm sick of hunting for.
    Anyone?
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499

Do the programers here have nothing better to do than come up with ways to make us all go insane?  Hmmmm?
    And isn't this sort of mean?   A gift that vanishes before you can open it?   WTH?

All? :):) Did you mean "you"? :) I opt out from going insane ..........it doesn't have any such effect on me. :) And why? It's fun. It's a game. Some players lke searching and discovering. Nothing to go mad about, really. :)
  • CONCE (US1)CONCE (US1) US1 Posts: 16
    The entire festive farm is a money pit. I am sorry I exchanged farm money for this complete waste of time. Never again.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515

Artmaker, you keep me laughing all the time! I love your personality! :)

Here's a spoiler that Volty posted (click on the orange box to see the video).....

So far I've found 3 of those small single presents you can see at the bottom under Rudolph. When you hover your mouse over it they disappear, nothing else happens.

Try to find more in a row - 15-20 gifts  :wink:
    Goal spoiler:

• RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 03.12.2015
    @Artmaker (GB1)  As you say, its just an easter egg, a bit of fun. The anim is the reward, just like Nessie on the candy farm. Rudolph is giving gifts on main farm, though he has started off a bit buggy lol
    Post edited by RunsWivScissors (GB1) on
    CM Nafaru said:
     bonuses of items that remained unchanged (e.g. fish) should still apply.

As has been pointed out several times in this thread, those bonuses are NOT being applied.  We spent money on those library books in good faith, trusting GGS to honour its side of the deal and give us the bonuses we had paid for.  Why has there been no response from the CM's on this point?

• CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    CM Nafaru said:
    Now with the Festive Farm, products have changed slightly and only those bonuses of items that remained unchanged (e.g. fish) should still apply.

Except those bonuses are not being applied. I have not been receiving the bonuses I should get for my feed and fish books. Can we expect this to be fixed soon? Please?
    We will make the booster books work again for all previously existing goods (e.g. herring & feed) with next update. For all festively themed products, however, the bonuses unfortunately won't apply, as stated before. :confused: 
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    Why play at all!

GGS went and jacked up the plot/land prices to insane amounts. Plot 17  6,900,000 dollars or 7,500 gold

First the Santas Wishlist, Now the island, WHAT;S NEXT! MY FIRST BORN CHILD!!!

GIVE US A BREAK!!! You GREEDY ,,,,,,,,

• aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    @CM Nafaru 
      What about the runes that we got when  harvesting? Is it a bug or in theis version we do not get them?

• Hi ,
         I just found a xmas present on island farm  I move my cursor over it and it vanishes  did this 3 times and last one present  went up into the air, is this just something that moves around the island or should we receive something for finding it.
  • CM Nafaru said:
    CM Nafaru said:

We will make the booster books work again for all previously existing goods (e.g. herring & feed) with next update. For all festively themed products, however, the bonuses unfortunately won't apply, as stated before. :confused: 

When will that be?  Do I have to remind you this is a time management game and every second counts?  Time is money!
  • @CM Nafaru 
      What about the runes that we got when  harvesting? Is it a bug or in theis version we do not get them?

I second that question.
  • CM Nafaru said:
    CM Nafaru said:

That is not ok. We were promised that the books would work on all winter farms. It would have been better if you had just run the normal winter farm in that case. The temporary islands are expensive and time consuming. The books are a way to pay ONCE for getting an advantage for ever. That is the deal you are making with your customers. If that is no longer the case, why would we pay with real money??? Why should we play at all, when ggs is not standing by their promises???
    edited 02.12.2015
    This is why people keep leaving the game.  We were lied to about this.

I spent my money to buy books for the this farm, because Nafaru stated, "Yes, those books tell you everything about setting up a farm in wintery areas of the world."   I have been waiting for this farm to come around.  The books were only available part-way through the viking last time.  So it will be March of 2016 before I can use those books, if they don't pull another stunt and make some phony claim that they are not usable.  So they have sold me something that I cannot fully use for over 7 months.  How is this not theft?

Is GGS ready to issue me a refund?  If the books are not fully functional on all items by the end of the week, I will expect a full refund.
    Post edited by gavinfarms (US1) on
    Do we not get a reply from GGS?

We have been lied to about the library books.  This is a very big problem.
    Can we please get an answer as to when this will be fixed?  This is a huge problem for all of us who bought the books in good faith and are losing out every time we harvest the affected items.  A hotfix is needed, ASAP.
Sign In to comment.