Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 24 - Happy Holidays! - Discussion

Comments

• jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    thou i dint find any more boxes after making the polar bear dance..

If you go to another farm then back to the festive farm, it will reset and you can find the gift boxes again. :)
  • Alisha27 (INT1)Alisha27 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 102
    thou i dint find any more boxes after making the polar bear dance..

If you go to another farm then back to the festive farm, it will reset and you can find the gift boxes again. :)
    yep...i got that later...but it was fun for the first two times.....thn it got boring...lol
  • Astor (NL1)Astor (NL1) NL1 Posts: 150
    Check out cute Rudolph behind the tree :smiley: 

(Not sure if this would be considered spoiler?)

I assume not, since the announcement said:
    • Every day, you can find Rudolph the Reindeer on your farm! He will change positions daily, but once you've found him, the daily Advent Calendar door will open up as a dialogue window with the current date, presenting a small task, prize or other surprise.

This suggests to me you can find Rudolph on your main farm, not on your viking island. Or at least, I assume GGS doesn't require you to use the viking island for the Advent calendar, which starts December 1st, if I'm correct.....

The picture looks lovely. :smiley: 

At level 33, I've decided not to participate in the Viking island. I've got enough on my hands with Santa's orders, the Advent calendar coming up and Santa's workshop sometime in December coming up.

Have fun everyone!

What are the little presents you can find (like one in this picture) ?
  • If I understand it correctly from other answers in this thread, it's the present you need to find for the Viking island. If you don't open up the viking island, you won't find these presents.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Love, love, love this Christmas Island with the little presents all over the place, the lovely graphics and Christmas decorations/lights all over the place. Great job GGS developers!!
  • Does anything happen on Dec 25th that only happens on Dec 25th? Because I won't be able to go on Bigfarm on Christmas Day, and I don't want to miss out on anything.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    There is this

Trade stuff in, get presents out: In Santa's Workshop you'll make your own presents! You can visit Santa's Workshop from Dec 25th on! More info about the Workshop will follow, of course!  
    Not sure if 1 day only

• Thank you.
  • Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526

I've just found Rudolph on my farm, but it is registering it as the second day of the task, even though it only just started.  It has awarded me with the second days gift, but it says I have missed out on the first day and have to buy the mystery box if I want it.

I assume this is a bug that will be fixed?!

Is this a problem on all servers or just UK?

The www server has the same bug. I started on day 2, and can only get the mystery box when I buy it with  gold.
    The NL server did start at day 1.
    Ru server: the same bug - day 2.

• My game is bugged too calendar starts at day 2, plus if I open any of facilities (garage, market) , it opens a trader and then on second attempt it opens properly
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    My game is bugged too calendar starts at day 2, plus if I open any of facilities (garage, market) , it opens a trader and then on second attempt it opens properly
    That small issue should have been fixed a couple of hours ago.

The event was restarted for all affected users. Enjoy your gifts, guys and girls!
  • CM Nafaru said:
    That small issue should have been fixed a couple of hours ago.

The event was restarted for all affected users. Enjoy your gifts, guys and girls!
    Yes it was fixed for the www server but also for the NL server that did not have the problem
    I read on the racing farmer we will be able to use the gold stars we earn in Santa's workshop. I found Rudolph and got a mystery box but I didn't get a gold star. Are the stars just for certain steps in the advent calendar or should we get one for each completed task?
  • Brave Ana (GB1)Brave Ana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 254
    I think we have to receive one gold star in first day (Day 2 in game this night), 2 in the second day, etc.
    I just suppose.
  • I read on the racing farmer we will be able to use the gold stars we earn in Santa's workshop. I found Rudolph and got a mystery box but I didn't get a gold star. Are the stars just for certain steps in the advent calendar or should we get one for each completed task?
    I didn't get a gold star either. I think we have to find some chipmunks or something for them?
  • There are 5 Snowman decos on the 30th floor of the deco tower, ranging from a tiny snowman to a snowman family. Does anyone know which event they are for?
    They have no happiness value, like the ice decos in the Santa event.
  • Pingo4 (US1)Pingo4 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    Perhaps the snowmen have something to do with that mysterious week 5 in the Santa event marked "Secret - Stay Tuned"?
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    That's what I think also - this snowman deco is prolly the reward for the mysterious 5th week's event.  ;)

I'm guessing the snowman decos are for the Santa's workshop. The OA said something about building our own presents in the workshop.

I strongly believe the secret 5th week has to do with the deco we're currently working on. ;)

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    The "secret" of the step 5 has already been revealed, at least in part. Just search through the posts if you are desperate to know. :):)
  • The official update says 'Rewards will depend on the player's level. The prize pool will consist of many different items or currency, including the new currency, Festive Stars, which you can use throughout our holiday events.'

I assume this means we don't get them every day

• I have also not get any golden star neither my reindeer changed its position todays. it was there only where i have found it yesterday. Its a bug or any problem in the event???
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    I read on the racing farmer we will be able to use the gold stars we earn in Santa's workshop. I found Rudolph and got a mystery box but I didn't get a gold star. Are the stars just for certain steps in the advent calendar or should we get one for each completed task?
    Festive Stars are only rewarded on some days, not every day.

If you check the calendar every day, you can earn up to 6 Festive Stars in total. :)
  • Oooh I think I may have found the answer to my own question lol..... Maybe this has snowman deco rewards.....

As part of the Advent Calendar, you might encounter very special micro events - Do you want to build a snowman  ♫ ♪ ?

Woohoo snowman building!
  • Started on day 2 lik most, then it went to day 1, rewarded a chest, then it skipped day 2 and went straight to day 3.
    I don't want the worthless gift, just saying, it's still bugged.
  • @mrpotatohead (GB1)  What time of day are you checking it?  I am on same server as you, so yes it started on day 2, then restarted back on day 1, but mine went to day 2 on the 2nd & is now on day 3. If you are checking around the time you did your post then that would be too late for day 2, it changes at 11pm GMT (same time as login bonus, doghouse & daily tasks).
  • lol!!
    i guess i m late to read this thread,well it kinda helped me too,i guess then we should now build a snowman xP
  • Sorry if this has been asked already, but how do I get festive stars? Is there an event for it, and if so, when does it start?
  • I want to know too. It says soon we'll be able to trade them, but I don't have any. Where are they?
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 04.12.2015 Answer ✓
    The Festive Stars are given as rewards in the Advent Calender. You need to check it every day because they will only show up on certain days. There are a total of 6 festive stars you can earn in the calender. :)

EDIT:  Just got my first festive star today (Day 4) :)

Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
Sign In to comment.