Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Reporting players

Ive removed a player from my coop who was obsessed with knowing members ages and got nasty when some refused to tell the person their age. Since then i've had nasty messages from the player who seems to be now pretending to be a child when they slearly are not. Is there a way to report suspicious members to keep our young players safe?

Comments

• aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    Yes. You have to write to support and give them all the details. If you can make a schreenshots of the mesages that the player sent to you or other coop members, send those too. Just press home button in forums (line on top of the forums) and there you will have u button that will take to the support site. Just fill the data and wait. 

The support is ussually very busy, so you will have to wait for some time to them to answer.
  • Mommasfarm (GB1)Mommasfarm (GB1) Posts: 39
    edited 21.11.2015
    This is all because i refused to give out details on my age and my coop members ages or tell the person if i have any children in my coop.

She will send  abusive messages and then if not replied to within half a hr she starts a torrent of abusive messages that really does sound like it is a adult and is worrying that they are so obsessed with knowing what children are in the coop.

Tried to report it  support now  as I want to be sure other players don't get abuse or give out information and put anyone at risk from undesirables in the game.but it will not go through so unable to  use the support link in the forum for some reason.  Any other ideas?
    Post edited by Mommasfarm (GB1) on
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    I would check on the player every so often to see if they are in another coop and when they are warn those members about what is happening
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 21.11.2015
    @Mommasfarm (GB1)  If the support link is not working for you, you could try sending an email direct to bigfarm@support.goodgamestudios.com
    making sure to include your username & which server your farm is on.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    Answer ✓
    This is all because i refused to give out details on my age and my coop members ages or tell the person if i have any children in my coop.
    You need to keep working on this, Mommasfarm.  Someone who is showing such obsession with knowing about kids in your coop is a major red flag. :(
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    I agree with farmerjohn! That's scary that someone is obsessed about the children in the game.
  • Ive notified the coop leaders where this player is and sent them a couple of the messages ive had sent to me so the leaders can judge for themselves,  and it seems the player is also sending upsetting messages to other people

Ive reported it to support but it can take time and the last time i needed help from support they took 4 weeks to even acknowledge me. 

The reason I havent blocked this player is I have all the evidence  for support of the abusive message she is sending and I have kept tabs on where she is so I can warn other coops leaders  what she is doing in the hope we can keep players safe from her untill support remove her as the game doesnt want players like her in it

• hey guys one palyers cheated me with same name of coop member and taken my leadership from me and now she was removed me from my coop right now i want complint on that player in forum to remove her id from the game can u pls give me where i have to send
    You have to contact support. Press home (line at the top of forums) and then you will see a big button for contanting support. Or in game, you will find it on a top right corner where you have also setting, help and shortcut to forums. 
  • i send the mail to support about this issue but GGS dont taking necessary stp on this all coop suffering with it i want immediate action on it otherwise coop gone wrong 
  • You cannot expect support to reply immediatly as they are busy dealing with many issues. I contacted support about the the problem I have and they replied a few days later and again today

You want immediate action but it isnt going to happen immediatly as you want it. Support like proof when putting in a complaint about another player.

I'm confused what happened as you say you was cheated out of the leadership but you also say the player has removed you from the coop or she has been removed? If she has removed you then why dont you just start up another coop and message the coop members that you can remember telling them that you have started a new coop? wouldnt that resolve the problem?
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    hey guys one palyers cheated me with same name of coop member and taken my leadership from me and now she was removed me from my coop right now i want complint on that player in forum to remove her id from the game can u pls give me where i have to send

Please correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like, someone used the same name as one of your members then somehow took your leadership position away?

No one can use the same username as someone else (on the same server anyway). They could probably use something very similar but not the exact same name.

The only way you could lose leadership is if you willing passed it onto someone else or if you hadn't logged in within the past 32 days or more. If you haven't been online for that amount of time then the leadership will pass to the highest ranked deputy or player.

Unfortunately, no one on the forum can help with this situation. If you contacted support and they're not able to do anything, then I think it would be best to follow Mommasfarm's advice, start a new co-op and ask your former members to join you there.

Good luck! :)

• shabana1 (IN1)shabana1 (IN1) Posts: 13
    edited 04.12.2015
    ya i can start a new coop but y do this i gave my complite effort on the coop for build and taken 25th rank now one fake member joined and cheted with same name [Name Removed] is coop member in privious and some one created [Name Removed] and told me sis this is me pls take me in coop and she talked me as same as [Name Removed] so i cant guess she is not [Name Removed] and gave the leadership for night after morning u have to give me its condition but now she scolding me and yester day sended coop msg she is [Name Removed] she was a cheat and i want to complint againt her to take immediate action on it 
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    @shabana1 (IN1) 

Once again:
    @mommasfarm (GB1) and @jess_d (US1) gave you the best advise possible within our possibilities forum-wise. We can't help you any more on the forum.

The only thing to do in these kind of cases is to contact Support, deliver them proof of your accusations/complaints and to wait for their respond.

Good luck!  :)
  • ya send the complaint on this matter to forum
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770

ya send the complaint on this matter to forum
      Not the forum, shabana, SUPPORT is where you need to report your problem. :)
    Click to Contact Support
  • This is sounding more and more like a disgruntled player who was a leader, deputy,  but was demoted and removed  from the coop for whatever reason and now wants revenge on the coop leader. 

If this is the case a leader can promote and demote anyone they want to and can remove any player without a reason.  Most of us coop leaders do however normally give a player a reason for removing them from the coop.

If this is only a case of wanting  revenge then support might actually take action on you and not the player you are complaining about

Best thing you can do is either join another coop or form your own one
  •  gave the leadership for night after morning u have to give me its condition
    @shabana1 (IN1)  Unfortunately that is your problem, you gave away leadership of your coop for the night, on the condition that she gives it back in the morning. Why??? Why would you ever need to give someone (even your best friend) the leadership of your coop for one night?

It is a shameful that the person tricked you into thinking they were someone else & the fact that they not only kept your coop, but kicked you out of it is even worse. But I am just baffled why you would give away your power like that, just for one night, it makes no sense to me. :(
  • jello (AU1)jello (AU1) Posts: 1,040
    Regardless of what happens shabana you gave me a good laugh thanks lol
     gave the leadership for night after morning u have to give me its condition
    . Why??? Why would you ever need to give someone (even your best friend) the leadership of your coop for one night?

Because of the santa event, of course. If leader does not have time around Sunday midnight and a deputy has, than leader can give his leadership to the deputy so he can quickly solve the problem of accidental start of another donation list, by booting the member and sending him the invitation. I am not saying its very clever, but at least its logical.
  • Are we not allowed to name problem players in the forum?   For instance, I'd like to know the player who is that is obsessed with identifying children playing the game.   We can be proactive and never allow any player identified as a problem into our cooperative.  Also, I've had a player contacting me over the past 3 or 4 days trying to get me to click on an unknown link, saying it will help me play the game.   Unfortunately, I deleted the message that had the link, or I'd send a screenshot to support.   That doesn't do much as it takes support so long to respond.   :pensive:    I should search the rules, but little time for that at the moment...
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 19.02.2016
    @Helga7 (US1) 

According to the rules we are not allowed to "name & shame" in the forums. But if you want to know the name of a certain 'misbehaving' player, you can always send the poster a Private message and ask for it.

If you yourself feel the need to report a player (not only anonymous in the forum) then you can always send his/her name in a PM to a CM or send a report to Support.

to my knowledge there are 3 (legit) websites where you can find info, tips & tricks about the game:
    1) https://bigfarmtips.wordpress.com/  =  Larino's Corner
    2) http://big-farm-addiction.wikia.com/wiki/Main_farm  = Big Farm addiction Wiki 
    3) http://turtleoatsgang.weebly.com/  = Turtleoats Gang

Happy farming  :)
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I've been playing on line games on assorted sites for a long time.  This is nothing new. 

Look, there are always going to be a few jerks in the mix.  Be it on a game, forum, chat board, anywhere.    It's easy for creepy people to lurk behind a computer and get away with behavior that would never be tolerated in person.   

Reporting every suspicious act to support will only clog support with junk they don't want or care about making it take that much longer for real game related problems to get fixed.

now I'm NOT making excuses for the bad behavior.   But they cant fix that.  Just remove the player.  And it wouldn't hurt if they move to another coop to let that leader know.   I had to do that once and was thanked for it.  Just use a little common sense and don't hand out information that is no ones business, and if someone seems too creepy, use that boot button.  I believe there are tools here to block a player (though so far I never had to look, but most sites like this have them.) 

Now spamming people with malware links, THAT is something I'm sure GG would want to know about.  They can take actions to get a site like that shut down and remove anyone posting links to it.  Block their IP address too.    But creepy people asking about ages?   Just say no and if you keep it up your out.    Very simple.  
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    Nice necromancy, but a very important topic!

To give context on why on most games' forums it's not allowed to "Name & Shame" players no matter how much evidence there is:
    Community justice gets out of hand quickly.
    Imagine a competitive player spreading false rumors of someone they have a grudge against, with photoshopped screenshots and the like. The target even if proven innocent by staff, will usually remain a social pariah and their reputation never recovers. Usually they end up getting a free renaming from staff.

I've played a game where reports were handled via screenshots in a forum post, but they had to discontinue the practice because it got out of hand with how much old-timers were reporting each other, wasting GM's time.
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    Exactly :) 

If you report a player, please do this via our support team, or send a PM (if possible include a screenshot or a link!) to a CM or Moderator. We'll take care of it :)

Niryn perfectly summarized the reasons why we won't allow "naming & shaming" on the forums for this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file