Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Upcoming Event - Santa's Wish List - Your questions and comments

Comments

• CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    Kamilcom (GB1) said:

• Every donation increases happines value of the deco. Nothing is lost.
    • To raise level of the deco (visuals and happiness), all members who started anything need to fulfill the whole order = all 7 parts of it.
    • Every member get's at least basic lowest deco.
    • Every end of the week all contracts are reset to new ones.
    Does it help?

@CM Nafaru Please check if what I say is correct. :)
    Everything you summed up is correct. :)

To bullet point 3: At least 1 donation needs to be made by any member over the course of the event in order to unlock the basic lowest deco (think telescope event for those who know it).
  • well, reading your answers Nafaru I am now certain I have no idea what this event is about and what we get by participating, I am officially perplexed.

Let me give it a try. See if I got that correct:

• Every donation increases happines value of the deco. Nothing is lost.
    • To raise level of the deco (visuals and happiness), all members who started anything need to fulfill the whole order = all 7 parts of it.
    • Every and of the week all contracts are reset to new ones.
    Does it help?

@CM Nafaru Please check if what I say is correct. :)
    That is how i understood it too - which means that if only one member starts the event and fails, we all get a decoration (a crappy one) ... if this is true I wish i donated only one pig :D

Honestly, I don't care about decos (have full inventory of them), i just wish hard work rewards were better, that would be better motivation for me personally
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958

I'm not angry, nor overly disapointed. It's kind of amusing for me and I can¨t but smile while typing. I sort of expected that, but hey, they again exceeded my expectations. Applaud to GGS for another Grand Fail. :)

Cautiously expectant I was, and what a rightfull approach it proved to be. I haven't started any donations, and I continue farming as if no Santa was here. Well, I never liked Santa anyway. :):):)

I read your "cautiously expectant" post the other day.  :)   I was not so cautiously expectant and GGS has certainly exceeded my expectations.  I will not be participating in this event at all.  I've already told my co-op so.   Shame when it could have been such a fun event.
  • I thought that this would be a fun event but I see it definitely is NOT. What a shame for GGS to put added stress on players with small farms just starting out. Shame on you. You would think with it being Christmas season they would want to give something back to its players. Seems they are like all the rest money talks or you walk.
    Wasn't it nice of GGS to build in that little 'quirk'?  :wink: 
  • Barns are empty. Market kept aside. no dollars. cheap rewards. waste of time. 100 times Better  to play in Hardwork Event than this SANTA.....
  • CM Nafaru said:
    Everything you summed up is correct. :)

To bullet point 3: At least 1 donation needs to be made by any member over the course of the event in order to unlock the basic lowest deco (think telescope event for those who know it).
    What if I have several members who never go online? Does it mean that I will never get better decoration no matter how much I contribute?
  • Barns are empty. Market kept aside. no dollars. cheap rewards. waste of time. 100 times Better  to play in Hardwork Event than this SANTA.....
    It seems like George is better Santa than this one :)
    well you can donate one pig and be done with it apparently ...

It would've been much better if the 'evolution' of decoration wasn't tied to weekly goal, but rather with happiness level achieved by donations, and if we all donated to 'one pot' so to say - it would give us much better chances for progress and better sense of team work within the coop
  • @CM Nafaru  Please clarify, you said above:

"If you only manage to finish one or more orders partially, you will have to start that week over"

*****Do you only have to repeat the week if other co-op members are unable to help you finish your order?

On the 7th day for any incomplete orders you said:

"All members who have started an order themselves can help out. No need to choose 1 person to help out, you can donate for all remaining open orders."

*****Does that mean that if a player is short say 2,000 olives that 5 players (or more or less) can help to fill that order of olives? Or does it have to be just 1 player to fill the order.

And I thought that when another player helps out the product and amount might change too, will we see that on our screens?

I'm confused!

This is really going to have a BIG negative impact on our farms production, etc. It wouold have been better to just count our items that ake us donate them. But then I guess GGS wants us to buy what we can't produce!
    Can't do this, market contracts, Northern Lights too, especially Northern Lights, will have NO MONEY!!! I WILL NOT BUY GOLD TO DO THIS!!!!! 

*****I still don't know why GGS had to ruin this and make it into such a terrible event when we were so excited and happy and in the Christmas spirit about it. 
    GGS GRINCH is right!!!

@CM Nafaru Please reply to my post here, you skipped right over my questions!

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/2711391/#Comment_2711391

I am disappointed in your reply above too. Whether it has been 3 hours, 3 days, or 3 weeks is not relevant, we know our game and our farms.  There is absolutely no way that I can produce 4,510 olives with a Level 5 olive tree that makes 85 olives/6 hours x 6 days = 2,040 olives. Even at Level 7 it only makes 90/6 hrs or 2106 in 6 days. If I never missed one time!!!

Others have made statements that show that this is impossible too.

Please do not insult us, by telling us not to panic. We are not panicking, mearly stating the facts. The requests are simply impossible for some products.  Do the math.  GGS should fix this!! As usual another event filled with fun and anticipation shot down by GGS.  this is getting very tiresome, just got my whole Co-op realy fired up and working together, even several getting up in the middle of the night to check on it and now the big disappointment!!  Phooey! Guess Santa GGS got us all coal for Christmas!

P.S.
    Please delete this post that says please delete, did an oopsie!

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/2711406/#Comment_2711406

I am disappointed in your reply above too. Whether it has been 3 hours, 3 days, or 3 weeks is not relevant, we know our game and our farms.  There is absolutely no way that I can produce 4,510 olives with a Level 5 olive tree that makes 85 olives/6 hours x 6 days = 2,040 olives. Even at Level 7 it only makes 90/6 hrs or 2106 in 6 days. If I never missed one time!!!

Others have made statements that show that this is impossible too.

Please do not insult us, by telling us not to panic. We are not panicking, mearly stating the facts. The requests are simply impossible for some products.  Do the math.  GGS should fix this!! As usual another event filled with fun and anticipation shot down by GGS.  this is getting very tiresome, just got my whole Co-op realy fired up and working together, even several getting up in the middle of the night to check on it and now the big disappointment!!  Phooey! Guess Santa GGS got us all coal for Christmas!

P.S.
    Please delete this post that says please delete, did an oopsie!

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/2711406/#Comment_2711406

You're expected to buy what you can't produce.  At least for those things that you can buy...it is the only way to go forward that I can see if you can't produce the required amount in the time given.

• With the Santa Claus wish list lower level farmers or people who have jobs will only be getting black coal from it. Thank You Good Farm for being our scrooge.  :(
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    With gold, everythng is possible. Even these insane amounts. :)
  • With gold, everythng is possible. Even these insane amounts. :)
    Oh, I have to give over 5M worth of goods. How much gold would that mean?
    I start to regret.
    Plus, I have to give 4790 citrus fruits and I am not sure how to make them.
    well you can donate one pig and be done with it apparently ...

It would've been much better if the 'evolution' of decoration wasn't tied to weekly goal, but rather with happiness level achieved by donations, and if we all donated to 'one pot' so to say - it would give us much better chances for progress and better sense of team work within the coop

Agreed, as it is now, we are all donating blindly not knowing what we are getting, much better to have a goal.
  • lthrrr (GB1)lthrrr (GB1) Posts: 1,665
    CM Nafaru said:

Sorry if I am being dense here, but does this mean;
    1, Only 1 member need to make any donation to secure decos, or
    2, All members need to make a donation of some sort??

Thanks in advance for any clarification !  :)

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    Oh, I have to give over 5M worth of goods. How much gold would that mean?
    I start to regret.
    Citrus is an orchard on Flower farm. What's probably happening here with some not having the production they are asked for is, that the game makes orders based on what you can have (is unlocked) due to your level, regardless if you built it or not.

As to quantities, I haven't done all the calculations and have no intention to do so, as the event is over for me already. But reading others and their calculations, the direct grab for money (gold), is rather obvious here. So with ample amount of gold on your account it's all doable. Just why? What for? Imo due to balancers work this event makes no sense whatsoever, although the foundation was so well laid.

There's a huge difference in expectations. We players mostly expected some relaxed fun play, especially at Christmas time. GGS on the other hand obviously expected a stream of cash flowing into their coffers. Well, as I sad, Grand Fail imo. But everybody to their ends ........
  • Jinxy (INT1)Jinxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 165

I don't even know what to say. Or where to begin.

I mean, 25, 070 dung? Seriously? Along with 3,760 peaches which require a ton of dung, and 4,930 fruit cake with cream (again, a ton of cherries needed here). Let's not even mention the rest of my orders, these 3 alone will halt my production and keep all my orchards unfertilized for a week. Not enough goods for the ship, no goods for the bakery or the market, financial loss. And this is supposed to be the easiest week.

I think not even a 2x2 deco with happiness value of 300 could justify this insanity.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 23.11.2015

<GGS voice on>
    You can buy the citrus fruits you not can make.
    You can also make a better strategy for it: build more citrus orchards and upgrade them (remember you can speed up the build time by skip with the blue gold button)
    Ans at least also remember the last day you can get help from your coop friends.
    </GGS voice off>

just a joke, could not resist  ;)
  • eug1 (NL1)eug1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 11,434
    CM Nafaru said:
    Almost everybody here is complaining about the quantity of goods that are demanded. Yet, there is hardly any answer on that by Nafaru. This is an insane event. I will stop participating in it right now and I will advice all other members of my cooperation to do so too.
    Just to get some silly decoration you have to get bankrupt or buy lots of gold. I play this game for fun, not to get a heart disease because of the stress.
    I take my loss on the goods that I have donated, and carry on playing the game as I used to.
    We're already passing on your feedback regarding the amount of goods asked for each order.

However, the event has only been active for 3 hours now. There is still plenty time to gather all those required goods. While the numbers may seem big at first, you shouldn't just fall into panic mode blindly or be led to conclusions by some orders that seem to be impossible to fulfill.

Please take a look at your farms, check what you would be able to produce given your playstyle, amount of time available to play and production facilities and see for yourself if it is possible or not to finish your order.

As others already have reported here, make some calculations. Here is mine.
    I have to make a donation of 9140 wheat. I can produce 675 at a time. That would mean that I have to start and harvest 13,54 times wheat production. At 6 hours each time it means that I would be growing wheat for 3.5 days. And I must set my alarm every 6 hours to start it up again. In that time I can"t grow any corn to make food for the chickens, so after one day they are starving. Same for the pigs.
    By donating 9140 wheat I give away 274200 dollar. I also have to pay 77322 dollar to plant the wheat. Total deficit of 251522 dollar. Plus the loss of the eggs I can't sell. Plus the loss of XP points because I can"t deliver all the required goods to the boat. This is just one out of seven items Santa wants only this week.
    Do I need to calculate more. This isn't falling into panic mode. I did take a look at my farm and at my playstyle. I think I am quite a heavy player. All right, I did not take the time that's available for me in account. I am human, meaning that I do need some sleep at a time. And I have to work too sometimes. Making real money to pay the bills (for example for the cost of internet).
    If you want it to be a Santa fun, try to be like Santa. Give instead of taking away. Make playing this game fun, just like the idea of Xmas. Having a good time with each other (and for those involved also all the religious elements).
    I hope to see a better reaction soon.
  • bobfred (INT1)bobfred (INT1) INT1 Posts: 5
    I really wish I had looked at the numbers before starting this, I'll never fill it in one week and to top it off CM Nafaru is saying we have to start the week over if we don't complete it. meaning all our produce is basically going to waste........................ great  
  • Pingo4 (US1)Pingo4 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    I agree with the other posters - the quantities being asked for are totally ridiculous!  Why should we sacrifice a large part of our weekly income for a deco that is too large for most of our farms?

I would have thought the idea of a Christmas event would be to have fun, not to work ourselves to death.  Much as I wanted to like this event, and much as I would like to help my co-op, I will not be taking part.
  • 'I think not even a 2x2 deco with happiness value of 300 could justify this insanity.'

This is the biggest issue, at this size having it is just a prestige thing, cause no one will use it - so you have to pay aprox. 20 million dollars for decoration that you will never use ...

If hard work rewards are not changed, as well as size of decoration and amounts asked, there is no point in participating.

Also, if you are not member of 'perfect' coop, where every spot is filled and every member plays 24/7 on maxed farm, you have no chance of reaching maximum happiness decoration no matter how hard you try.

Summer bouquet -1049
    apple pie - 178
    wildflower bouquet - 458
    pigs - 2487
    wheat - 1174
    dandelion -198

this is what i donated so far for fantastic 7x7 deco of 11 happiness :( but it is my own fault for not doing math before i started the event

• CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325

"If you only manage to finish one or more orders partially, you will have to start that week over"

*****Do you only have to repeat the week if other co-op members are unable to help you finish your order?

On the 7th day for any incomplete orders you said:

"All members who have started an order themselves can help out. No need to choose 1 person to help out, you can donate for all remaining open orders."

*****Does that mean that if a player is short say 2,000 olives that 5 players (or more or less) can help to fill that order of olives? Or does it have to be just 1 player to fill the order.

And I thought that when another player helps out the product and amount might change too, will we see that on our screens?

I'm confused!

(...)

If other cooperative members help you and you all manage to finish each started order with 100%, you're fine. Say you have 5 players in your cooperative and started 4 orders, all of these need to be at 100% by the end of the week. Else you have to start over.

Now your example of being short of olives. If a member is short 2,000 olives, all other members who started a contract themselves can help. They might have to donate different products and amounts, though, depending on their player level (a level 20 player cannot donate olives for instance and would have to donate something else in smaller amounts).

As for insulting you, that was definitely not my intention! Sorry!

I would like you all to focus on actual calculations, though, instead of just assuming that each and every order is too hard to fulfill given some examples shown on the forums.

First results of our data analysis show that some users have already almost finished their first order, just some hours after starting the event - without spending a single gold coin, even as a high level player.
    This indicates that there could be a discrepancy between perceived difficulty and actual difficulty. Or it could mean that the difficulty changes a lot depending on playstyle, strategy, farm setup and level.

Therefore we would like you to try and remain level-headed and give feedback based on your own orders instead of basing your own experience on experiences of other users (except if you would like to talk for them or emphasize on a general problem you see).

That's all I meant to say. General panic won't help, constructive criticism as well as thinking about potential strategies is more likely to do help in this case. :)

CM Nafaru said:

Sorry if I am being dense here, but does this mean;
    1, Only 1 member need to make any donation to secure decos, or
    2, All members need to make a donation of some sort??

Only 1 member needs to make 1 donation in order to secure the very basic first decoration with the lowest possible happiness value for all members.
  • CM Nafaru said:
    Hey everyone,

on Monday, we will start Santa's Wish List. Here you can ask all your questions about the event.

Please keep in mind that a lot of these things will make more sense once you see the event interface ingame!

General questions can still be asked, for very specific questions we will get back to you on Monday when the event is live. :)

Have fun!
    i am level 19 and 2 orders of 5300 pigs is unreal

CM Nafaru said:
    Hey everyone,

on Monday, we will start Santa's Wish List. Here you can ask all your questions about the event.

Please keep in mind that a lot of these things will make more sense once you see the event interface ingame!

General questions can still be asked, for very specific questions we will get back to you on Monday when the event is live. :)

Have fun!

• First results of our data analysis show that some users have already almost finished their first order, just some hours after starting the event - without spending a single gold coin, even as a high level player.

Or maybe they were just lucky with their orders? They have highest possible barns for their level already stocked with asked items?

the balancing issue might come from adjusting the difficulty to player level instead to his barn size i.e My barns are not maxed so i have less storage than someone else on my level of xp, and to upgrade i need an architect (he comes once in blue moon, and stay for few hours, and i'm always building something else).

• SassyMiss (US1)SassyMiss (US1) US1 Posts: 349
    This is the worst event GGS has come up with yet. I will NOT be participating in this event. And I am not alone.I have not heard 1 good word about it.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Are the hard work rewards earned each week or just once over the lifetime of the entire five weeks?
  • I hope they come out with a Christmas event that doesn't involve co-ops.  I would like to enjoy an event even though I choose to play independently.
  • Nafaru

Sorry to say, but after this event lot of players will leave the game "BIG FARM" Good Game can earn a lot during this event by selling Coins, at the end Good Game will loose more.

This is what I can see from the comments

JADIBU
This discussion has been closed.