Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Upcoming Event - Santa's Wish List - Your questions and comments

Comments

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    @Jiesta (NL1)  No need for you to be utterly disappointed ............ really

First it will be easy for you to avoid using the new addition to the event as it's very separate feature. Just agree on that in your coop. :)
    Second you can even emulate the original intention for donations (not sales) to preserve the level of difficulty as originally intended. Again, all you need is to make agreement in your coop. I'm sure you'll easily figure out how to do it. :):):)
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I assume things benny clone will be selling will be shop + bakery goods,rest we can already buy. Wait and see what GGS will charge for these,for myself ,will not use gold.
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Hey everyone, I understand where you are coming from in regards to being a bit disappointed with the event. TBH, I though it would go over a lot better, but I do feel like the stress it causes outweighs the fun. I am collecting all of your feedback to bring to the devs, so we can make this event much better next time it runs. I really think this could be an amazing event, but it obviously needs some tweaking to reach its potential.

-Popeye
  • In order to lend you a helping hand with Santa's Wish List, we will add a new temporary merchant event to the game!
    During the course of the Wish List event, Benny will sometimes open a little kiosk, selling bakery and flower shop products at a fair price. These products are available for both gold and dollars.
    This is most likely the best news ever - thank you soooo much :)

• I have to say that Benny's new kiosk is very clever of ggs. I commend them for coming up with that one. 

Also, I really enjoy the reindeer part of the event. Can't recall what it is called, but it is rather interesting.

I don't get many opportunities to be impressed with the new stuff in this game, but these definitely put a smile on my face.
  • Mira (US1)Mira (US1) Posts: 103
    edited 03.12.2015
    CM Popeye said:
    Hey everyone, I understand where you are coming from in regards to being a bit disappointed with the event. TBH, I though it would go over a lot better, but I do feel like the stress it causes outweighs the fun. I am collecting all of your feedback to bring to the devs, so we can make this event much better next time it runs. I really think this could be an amazing event, but it obviously needs some tweaking to reach its potential.

-Popeye
    This is probably the absolute worst time of year to be running an event that requires 100% participation for success, especially over a 5 week period.  People have holidays and things to do in real life.  If any contribution made a positive impact on the team without causing the entire team to fail, it would go over much better.
    I will not use kiosk myself, as the whole event hugely exceeds my level of devotion to the game, but I do appreciate the move. This finally starts to look like BF team is taking their job seriously and trying to create positive experience for their players. And although some extreme game enthusiasts criticise the feature, I'm happy to say "well done" and "good thinking" to BF team. :)
    CM Nafaru said:
    This is due to the fact that the decoration can obtain a very high happiness value that would ruin the lower level's whole happiness balancing and leave them with a decoration that would suffice for many many levels, not teaching them anything about the general happiness mechanic.

These users can still upgrade the decoration through Greta, as soon as they have reached the respective level to see her roaming around the farm.

Furthermore, beginning today, the event will become a little easier for all users involved. Please check the official announcements for more info and feel free to ask your questions about the new trader here. :)
    Thank you for the explanation, but if the happiness is scaled by player level, so should the happiness thresholds for the hard work rewards earned in the event.  As it is, lower level players don't hit the same rewards earned by the entire co-op as higher level ones, when they are putting in equal, if not more stressful, work contributions to the team.

Example:  If a lower level player's happiness level says 62 on the tree, while a higher level player's tree says 65, the rest of the co-op will have earned the 65 happiness reward while the lower level player has not.  It is also then likely that the lower level players would never reach the best rewards at the end, since they are unable to achieve that level of happiness for their decoration, which makes no sense since everyone is working hard.
  • @Mira (US1)  The whole coop will get the same deco, its just the happiness that will vary. Each sunday either all the started orders are completed to 100% or they are not, if they are, the whole coop moves up to the next deco the following week, if they are not, the whole coop stays on the currect deco.
    @Mira (US1)  The whole coop will get the same deco, its just the happiness that will vary. Each sunday either all the started orders are completed to 100% or they are not, if they are, the whole coop moves up to the next deco the following week, if they are not, the whole coop stays on the currect deco.
    Yes, I understand that, thank you.  The whole co-op does not get the same hard work rewards, is what I'm saying, even though everyone who participated worked equally hard.  If the happiness deco is scaled to player level, the happiness requirements to reach each hard work reward should also be scaled so the whole co-op gets all of the same rewards, instead of the lower level players never getting some of them.
    Yes, I understand that, thank you.  The whole co-op does not get the same hard work rewards, is what I'm saying, even though everyone who participated worked equally hard.  If the happiness deco is scaled to player level, the happiness requirements to reach each hard work reward should also be scaled so the whole co-op gets all of the same rewards, instead of the lower level players never getting some of them.
    I can see your point. Wonder if GGS thought of it. :)
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 03.12.2015
    I like the idea behind the new kiosk, it is probably a big help for many. Prices are still pretty high though.
    If it were only my own orders, I would probably use it. But filling the incomplete orders for the 2 new players in my coop with fruitcakes or honeycream would bankrupt me, if it is still structured the same on Last Chance Sunday.1 Fruitcake is $1490, 1 Honeycream is $4,900.

The problem for my coop is the 100% completion for all members, the first week 3 out of 17 participants finished. Several were below 30% complete.

Still, the vendor could help coops who only have a few short on each item.
  • I have players in my coop that started the event but physically cannot finish it due to their work.  One of which needs an item that takes 10hrs to make and even if they manage to be online every 10 hrs there is no way they will complete the list.

Can you please set the amount needed for the lists at a sensible level so people can actually play it.Aafter all it is meant to be a game and not a job. For some to complete it they would have to be online far more than their work and family commitments would allow and thats unfair on them
    There are events that are supposed to bring a player bankrupt, that's the intention. :)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    Why did you guys break up the old English language forum?  It was easier to find answers when Australia, the UK and the US were all on the same forum.  I am NOT going from forum to forum to forum to find answers when you could have answered the questions posted yourself.  I miss Steffi!!!
    WE still have the English speaking International forum, Cookie. The in-game link just directs you to the US 1 forum. To go to the EN forum from the US 1 forum, all you do is change the "us" in the address bar to an "en" and click on the arrow to "GO TO".
    Steffi is there waiting for you! :)

This is probably the absolute worst time of year to be running an event that requires 100% participation for success, especially over a 5 week period.  People have holidays and things to do in real life.  If any contribution made a positive impact on the team without causing the entire team to fail, it would go over much better.
    I agree.
    The problem for my coop is the 100% completion for all members, the first week 3 out of 17 participants finished. Several were below 30% complete.
    I like the idea behind the new kiosk, it is probably a big help for many. Prices are still pretty high though. 
    If it were only my own orders, I would probably use it. But filling the incomplete orders for the 2 new players in my coop with fruitcakes or honeycream would bankrupt me, if it is still structured the same on Last Chance Sunday.1 Fruitcake is $1490, 1 Honeycream is $4,900.

Still, the vendor could help coops who only have a few short on each item.
  • He Team of Big Farm. That was a great idea. The store for the flowershop en bakery. Now we can as much as possible buy (yes, for dollars) things we otherwise not will get together. And the Big Farms can still help the little Farms on Sunday...

Thanks Big Farm that is a great Christmas Thought to help us to fullfill the wishlist for Santa.

• CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    Too bad Benny's Kiosk hadn't been part of the Santa's List event from the beginning.  I could easily have filled my first list, not left my co-op,  etc, etc.

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    Too bad Benny's Kiosk hadn't been part of the Santa's List event from the beginning.  I could easily have filled my first list, not left my co-op,  etc, etc.

I have 0 soap 2100 storage so would cost 12,700.00 or 42.000 gold so if on santas list list may opt out.
    edited 04.12.2015

He Team of Big Farm. That was a great idea. The store for the flowershop en bakery. Now we can as much as possible buy (yes, for dollars) things we otherwise not will get together. And the Big Farms can still help the little Farms on Sunday...

Thanks Big Farm that is a great Christmas Thought to help us to fullfill the wishlist for Santa.

Yes, the higher levels can help...however if we need to fill other members' list with items from our lists it is extremely expensive.
    My last two items are 4980 Fruitcakes ($1,490 per unit)and 2280 Honeycream ($4,900 per unit). So if I have to fill an order that is 50% finished either of the corresponding lines on their orders it would cost me $3.7Million farm dollars for Fruitcake (Half of what my entire order of fruitcakes would be) and $5.59Million farm dollars for Honeycream
  • The gold prices are way expensive, it would be cheaper to speed up production if you want  to spend gold, (plus you get XP that way too) but the cash prices aren`t so bad & will definately make it easier for higher levels to help out. :)
    Considering in my coop we only have 2 players over 50% finished, out of 9 participants, it will be extremely pricey. even in Farm dollars. (2 players are under 10% complete) Last time I spent $40M farm dollars to try to buy what I could for the others. Still only had 3 that made it to 100% and I ended up with 5% of the total on Last Chance Sunday.
    If it were just buying what's on my own list it would be fine. I am gonna be short Fruitcakes and Honey myself, so I would have to buy those if I wanted to finish my own order. No way we have enough people to buy
  • Hi

Any Idea when cooperative challenge will be coming? Its almost 2 weeks now. 
    I need to spin the wheel for Irish chicken coop and I need huge tokens 

If someone from big farm team can update us, please update us. 

Will coop challenge arrive during santa event? We are not doing santa event so I would like to do some missions!! 

Thank u
    Amanda
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Hi

Any Idea when cooperative challenge will be coming? Its almost 2 weeks now. 
    I need to spin the wheel for Irish chicken coop and I need huge tokens 

If someone from big farm team can update us, please update us. 

Will coop challenge arrive during santa event? We are not doing santa event so I would like to do some missions!! 

Thank u
    Amanda
    Hey there, I can't give you an exact timeline for the championships, but I can tell you that one will be coming soon. There are plenty of winter events coming up to keep you busy for now though;)

-Popeye
    Thank you for NOT doing Coop Championship! Too much going on already: Santa's Wish List, Not of This World Event, Hard Worker Event, Festive Island, Horse Competition soon, With so much happening, I have been reluctant to even do projects.
  •  With so much happening, I have been reluctant to even do projects.
    We have been doing milk and egg projects during the Wish List as everyone needs at least one of those for a slot or bakery item
  • hiya  just on a personal note  I really don't like the kiosk its seems GGS  might have had this in mind from the start  make it difficult and drop in a kiosk  with inflated prices for produce, we have never been able to buy any of these items in the past  and the only reason we can now is that GGS has again brought  the use of gold  blatantly into yet another event to help people bypass the team work and strategy element, they more or less killed off peoples enthusiasm for the co-op challenge by selling boosters all the time now the Santa event gets the gold plated treatment,
     ok rant over lol

on  a second note I like this Santa event  as I said before its good for developing team work and co-op strategy and bring out the best in a leader ,A good leader knows when to say ok guys it really is up to you if you want to take part and if you don't then its ok, I also agree with MRG1 I'm lucky to be a part of a co-op with very active players but there are 20 of us taking part so we will get a reasonably  happy décor  ( that none of us actually care for) but  for small co-ops this must be a very disappointing event and it should have been made with ranking included somehow, at least its not an event where top players can just buy their way through it  using deep pockets well wasn't until kiosk arrived on the scene, it also  shows a different side to a leader the caring and compassionate side we have a great leader one who cares  about if we enjoy the game or not and this is a GAME to enjoy and have some chill out time, plus its SOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice to have a co-op event where there is no  co-op ranking list with the same co-ops on top, ( bite me :wink:  )

as for the DECOR  well I really don't want it  will never put it on my farms I made my feelings quite clear in earlier posts its about time GGS moved away from the idea that all we want  as top prizes are stupid huge decors, ok they might look ok and someone has been sat for some time designing these thinking its what we all want but come on GGS, if I was spending my time designing these and seeing comments about my work I would feel deflated, I do appreciate the effort that goes into these but  enough is enough, if your going to continue to push new decors on to us then use the  vacant strip of land between the  gate entrance to our main farm and the greenhouse to let us expand so we can put them out ( ps not  by using  gold to buy the plots just incase you saw dollars signs flashing  before your eyes )

I really don't think I will bother to  come onto the forum much anymore there is so much bad karma on here sometimes, instead of debating an issue it  usually ends up with  arguments,

have a wonderful xmas  and may the real santa  bring you lots of joy and happiness and something special on your xmas stocking ;)
    and all the guys at GGS that have made a game that mostly is ok  :) make a new yrs resolution not to be so greedy gold wise and try to bring the fun back to what is a good game :) oh one final note can we please have some more of these co-op based events possibly with a little more thought put into them before they go live in the game :)

peace and happiness to  you all

Andyh
  • hiya  just on a personal note  I really don't like the kiosk its seems GGS  might have had this in mind from the start  make it difficult and drop in a kiosk  with inflated prices for produce, we have never been able to buy any of these items in the past  and the only reason we can now is that GGS has again brought  the use of gold  blatantly into yet another event to help people bypass the team work and strategy element, they more or less killed off peoples enthusiasm for the co-op challenge by selling boosters all the time now the Santa event gets the gold plated treatment,
     ok rant over lol
    I agree & disagree. I don`t think the kiosk is particularly gold related at all. Sure there is a gold price in there, but no one in their right mind would pay it when you could just speed up production for a fraction of that gold cost if you wanted to use gold. The cash prices seem pretty fair IMO & it will certainly make the event MUCH easier. Which brings me to the part I agree with.... I don`t really like that they made it so much easier, its pretty much failproof now, but oh well it is Xmas & if it means everyone will get a nice reward now, then I can live with it. :)
  • I do find the buy for gold thing really funny sometimes especially when they sell dollars on the stall, you  can make the dollars so much cheaper using your shop, nice to see you Runs  and I hope the firm is doing ok with santa event  xmas love to  you all  :)
  • Thanks Andy.... Back at ya!!.... Happy Holidays :)
This discussion has been closed.