Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Upcoming Event - Santa's Wish List - Your questions and comments

Comments

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 28.11.2015
    • Those who repeat the first level, will have it slightly easier. (Presumably hot fix includes the new run of first level too.)

CM Nafaru said:
    There have been no adjustments to event step 1. Only from step 2 on, you will see changes.

Due to technical reasons, this step could not be altered in any way. Since there are too many interdependencies between all values in this step we did not want to risk altering these in the ongoing process of fulfilling this step.

Therefore it's perfectly normal that those values have not changed. Try your best to manage step 1 within your cooperative, then you will be able to see all changes we made to the event.

Repeating step 1 will not be easier, if I read it well.
    I understand what you mean and it would be very unfortunate if you were right as the whole fix would make no sense for those failing the first week if they had to repeat the same craze.

I'm assuming some sense with BF team, and since I know they often struggle to express themselves with precision, I read it differently. What I understand is this:

• There is no fix to current week (due to technical difficulties resulting from changing something which is already in progress).
    • There's "everything" fixed from week 2, even if you failed (new set of orders for everyone from second week of the event, including orders for first step = working for first visual upgrade).
    • I blame it on terminology issue: Step 1 as first currently running week (has not been changed). Step 1 as first step of the event (working for first visual upgrade from igloo) played during second week of the event has been changed.
    • The reason for no change in this week comes from "in progress" issues. Anything for next week is not in progress yet, so can be changed without above mentioned difficulties. 
    I suppose we will have to wait till Monday to see if BF team are as smart as I expect them to be. :)

Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on
  • I *just* started playing last week.  My list has over 11k apples and pigs (one production facility each) which I might even get done, but 7710 milk is just plain out of reach considering I just got goats 2 days ago.  I played back in 2013 and this is me giving the game a second chance (starting from scratch as my old account was presumably wiped due to inactivity).  From the looks of the comments on this thread, the devs really haven't learned. :/

Popeye - if you are a liaison to the devs, please relay to them the suggestion to give ALL co-ops who participated in ANY capacity a 100% rating for this week.  The way this event started is just wrong, and it would be a show of good faith on their part if their intent is truly to make an enjoyable experience for their players.
  • just a small question about the time we may get the reset for last chance sunday. will it be am or pm and whether its going to be german or our server time(au1) server
  • Kaylina (US1)Kaylina (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    I honestly can't understand why everyone's complaining. I'm at level 82 and have 93% of my orders filled at 5 days in and will have them completely filled by Saturday evening. I have also gained 10 million dollars+, so I'm not sure what everyone is talking about since we get paid for everything we donate.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    just a small question about the time we may get the reset for last chance sunday. will it be am or pm and whether its going to be german or our server time(au1) server

Here's Latten's post about the time....

CM Latten said:
    Latten or Nafaru,

In the United States, this is the biggest travel holiday and weekend of the year.  Can we please be told when the magical Day 7 starts?  There have been statements about a shorter first week, etc., but getting everyone organized this first week comes with this additional hurdle, so why not let us know when Day 7 starts.  (Example: 12 midnight Saturday CET)
    Yes, should be exactly that, 12 midnight Saturday CET, except for the US/BRA/HIS countries (which are timed differently). Basically the same time as the daily quest reset usually happens.

US: GMT-5
    BR: GMT-4
    HIS: GMT-6
    JP: GMT+9

All other countries/Servers go 12 midnight CET :)
  • I'm still saying   YAY!!!   Here it is Friday night and our sweet little co-op is almost finished with Santa's Wish List. It is so nice working with this great group. It's true,  some of the items were a challenge,  but who wants first place if its handed to them?  I love Oasis,  you guys and gals are the real deal.  Thank you GGS,  nice job.  :)
  • edited 28.11.2015
    @CM Nafaru  or @CM Latten 

Please, please tell me if on the 7th day, I am unable to fill all of my order, will I be able to help myself to finish with a different product or products?  Thank You!!!

There is simply no way that I will have 4,510 olives!!  I had to make 1,600 sweet scented oil too and that uses a lot of olives!!!!    
  • hi to save me looking through all the posts can you let me know if one person fails to fill the list do they repeat their list next week and also how does this effect the other players who have completed theirs and the co-op score as a whole
  • @CM Nafaru  or @CM Latten 

Please, please tell me if on the 7th day, I am unable to fill all of my order, will I be able to help myself to finish with a different product or products?  Thank You!!!

There is simply no way that I will have 4,510 olives!!  I had to make 1,600 sweet scented oil too and that uses a lot of olives!!!!    
    hiya :)
    I do believe you  or your co-op members would need to help you collect  the olives, I'm not aware that you can use other produce to complete the 100% of the order,im having same issue with  fruit cakes I cant grow peaches fast enough to  make just over 5,000 fruit cakes, my fellow co-op members are making them to  try to help me complete my order, it would be better if GGS would give everyone an automatic pass into the second week as some of the item totals  are  unrealistic for players to collect in the time allowed,  but I cant see that happening

It's weekend now (sautrday morning) I Denmark and then also in Germany, so I don't thing you will get an answer from Nafaru or Latten before monday... and then it's of course to late.

But my guess is that, you can not help yourself with other products - else I think it would be a little meaningless we have to help each other on th 7'th day.

But maybe somebody else knows better? :)

It's weekend now (sautrday morning) I Denmark and then also in Germany, so I don't thing you will get an answer from Nafaru or Latten before monday... and then it's of course to late.

But my guess is that, you can not help yourself with other products - else I think it would be a little meaningless we have to help each other on th 7'th day.

But maybe somebody else knows better? :)
    You yourself would have to fill your order as it shows. Other members can assist you in filling yours, depending on their level may be requested different items or more of same item . But you yourself will not get to substitute your own items needed in your list with some other product. You may also buy olives.

Latten posted here that you can continue to work on your own order on sunday https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/2716636/#Comment_2716636

hi to save me looking through all the posts can you let me know if one person fails to fill the list do they repeat their list next week and also how does this effect the other players who have completed theirs and the co-op score as a whole
    ALL orders that have been started, have to be completed to 100%, or the whole coop will repeat week 1 & not move on to the next deco.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Other can chime in, but I see one serious flaw in this thing.......this idea that everyone who starts must finish.  Let me say why.  I now have a bunch of people wanting to leave the coop in order to help the coop.  That simply cannot be ideal.  I understand that you want to widen participation.  And this event does that.  But this notion that one person can bring down the coop is not good.  I have other people who aren't doing any of it, because they are afraid of hurting the group.  Perhaps one way to address this would be to make the last chance day into 3 days.  Or just let people help people from the start.  But right now, this "all or nothing" approach seems to be harming participation as much or more than it helps it.  There is a rule in medicine......if the treatment is harming the patient, you stop the treatment.  The same should be considered here.

Don't misunderstand me.  I like the event.  It just needs some substantial tweaks.
  • Thanks all, I forgot it was Fri. Holiday and all.  Latten and Nafaru are probably gone for the week-end. Yes, I can buy those olives but it will cost $4,059,000 to do it too.

The Festival Farm - Temporary Farm just started on US1 too!!!  With the Santa Event, I haven't even had a chance to build up my money for the temp. farm yet, not even anywhere close.  So it will need to be a very small one this time. :-(  Very Poor planning GGS!
  • I think the co-op should come first this event is designed to put pressure on  everyone to perform and no event is worth doing if it upsets or potentially  has the  possibility  of breaking up a co-op
  • @gavinfarms (US1)  Anyone that leaves to reset their list, can rejoin right away, but I agree it is a bit of a messy solution, especially if they happen to have donations to the coop, cos they will lose those records. But having said that, it is better than no option at all. If we were just stuck with having to complete all the orders no matter how many or how much was needed, with no way to get rid of any, that would suck more.
  • NissePlutt (SKN1)NissePlutt (SKN1) Posts: 48
    edited 28.11.2015
    i am considering to quit this Xmas thing. Now we have
    - Asia event
    - The northern island
    - Xmas event...
    all at the same time

it is to much.. and the Xmas event really is slavery. You will empty your stock with items. You must work so much to do the orders - and for what - some decoration you probably don't need. My farm is full of decos - many worth 150 in happiness each... i don't need more - i don't have the space for it.

My orders this time was OK. i could handle them. But i fear for the next and the third and fourth order... I don't have the time to spend 24 hours a day on this game. I have a work which i need to go to. I have a partner that i want to spend time with.
    I do this game just for fun. But it feels like a slavery work.

If the Xmas thing was a bit easier - especially the honey collecting is a really slavery work. I only have 2 bee hives and they give something  around 180 honey each 2,5 hour. And to get an order of 8500. That isn't possible. Yes, i can buy the honey for 10 times more money than i get for it... But that is really to throw the money away. Use gold... no way. Also cost a lot of real money if you need to buy it.

Me and my coop will check the nextcoming orders and really consider if we are going to do it. If i hear about a next order of those honeys or anything like it - we will quit.
    It cost to much. To do those honey orders, you have to do something else instead of those money giving things you are used to do.  I have some special things i like to do on my farms - 3 hours apple pies when i know what time i have, Or the 8 hour fruitcake in the night. On flowerfarm - i do the 2,5 hour day time and 7 hour potion in the night - they give good money. Now i can't do them if my stock gets drained from everything beacuse of Santas impossible orders. I earn less money and i can't do what i want on the Northern island which need a lot of money - last time the island came - it cost me around 150 million and i didn't reach the end of it... i came only halfways. but it was good enough for me.

ps. One member in my coop - still have 35 times more,  to do honey. And one member  - level 150 - has still 23 times honey to do.. This is sooooo crazy
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294

Popeye - if you are a liaison to the devs, please relay to them the suggestion to give ALL co-ops who participated in ANY capacity a 100% rating for this week.  The way this event started is just wrong, and it would be a show of good faith on their part if their intent is truly to make an enjoyable experience for their players.
    I agree.  It would be the right thing to do.
  • sueraney (US1)sueraney (US1) US1 Posts: 104
    Looks like GGS is disappointing everyone for Christmas.....I was so looking forward to this event also, my whole coop is disappointed..
  • KatyJo (US1)KatyJo (US1) Posts: 2
    edited 28.11.2015
    When does Sunday start - that is, what time zone is the game attached to?

Thanks!
    KJ

edit: never mind. finally found a post which says it's US central time.
  • Hi farmers, 
    I'm from Hungary.. sorry for my english..
    My co-op asked me.. 
    The first day had some problem with this event. Somebody was donate more what the  Santa wish. 
    Example: need  1000 cabbige but she gave 1500. What will be happaning? Leave here, or the next week continualy the same cabbige and give the rest???
    What will be happening for the cabbige???

Thanks, 
    Mircipirci

• Just a quick check: as of what level should a co-op member be able to participate in this event. We've got a (new) member, level, and apparently he has already started the order. The stats show he has 2% complete. But other co-op members think he shouldn't be able to participate due to his level.

Is this correct? And so, is this a glitch in the system?

Otherwise we've got a hell of a lot of work ahead of us tomorrow for his order......
  • Hi farmers, 
    I'm from Hungary.. sorry for my english..
    My co-op asked me.. 
    The first day had some problem with this event. Somebody was donate more what the  Santa wish. 
    Example: need  1000 cabbige but she gave 1500. What will be happaning? Leave here, or the next week continualy the same cabbige and give the rest???
    What will be happening for the cabbige???

Thanks, 
    Mircipirci

Hi Mircipirci, I believe the extra cabbage adds a small amount to the Happiness Value on the decoration.
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    I believe anyone in a co-op can participate regardless of their level.  
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    Ok it is Saturday 11am EST so that should be
    I do apologize to the Brat Pack for assuming they were going to spend gold on this event.  But then again I have never seen a leopard change its spots so the assumption is justified.  

Here we go again.  If we all hate GG so much why are we still here?  Because this is a fun game and good entertainment.  This is a tough event but it will be a hoot to participate in it.  Will I spend gold on it? NO! Will I enjoy the event and gain what I can from it? YES!  I don't need the top prize maxed out or even the lowest prize.  I just need entertained.  Will there be other events like this? YES. because Brat Pack and the other top alliances will pour money into this event.  They will wear their CCs out and keep the game free for those of us who spend moderatly or those that spend nothing at all.  My advice is enjoy the event for what it is and remember, this is only week one of five.  It will get harder as we go.  
    Actually it isn't justified. How do you think we are number one? Not by making foolish decisions. Brat Pack
    So if our co-op isn't in 1st place and/or we're not a member of your co-op, that makes the rest of us fools? Mentioning your co-op by name was a presumptive mistake equaled by your own presumptive reply.
    I do apologize to the Brat Pack for assuming they were going to spend gold on this event.  But then again I have never seen a leopard change its spots so the assumption is justified.  

Here we go again.  If we all hate GG so much why are we still here?  Because this is a fun game and good entertainment.  This is a tough event but it will be a hoot to participate in it.  Will I spend gold on it? NO! Will I enjoy the event and gain what I can from it? YES!  I don't need the top prize maxed out or even the lowest prize.  I just need entertained.  Will there be other events like this? YES. because Brat Pack and the other top alliances will pour money into this event.  They will wear their CCs out and keep the game free for those of us who spend moderatly or those that spend nothing at all.  My advice is enjoy the event for what it is and remember, this is only week one of five.  It will get harder as we go.  
    Actually it isn't justified. How do you think we are number one? Not by making foolish decisions. Brat Pack
    So if our co-op isn't in 1st place and/or we're not a member of your co-op, that makes the rest of us fools? Mentioning your co-op by name was a presumptive mistake equaled by your own presumptive reply.

"Doing" something foolish is not the same as "being" a fool.  Please, don't make that foolish mistake again.

Thank you.

Sorry all but the Brat Pack is in first place because they have a real good team that works hard. Do they use gold I have no idea but I know a lot of other coops are using Gold and no one is saying anything about that. So Brat Pack is doing nothing wrong if they do use some Gold.

Sometimes I am envious and wish my small coop could do as well or that I could win the Special Apple orchard but I would never insult them because my coop or I are not in first place.

I say way to go Brat Pack and congratulations you keep up the good work, Don't let the jealousy get you down.

• Just a quick check: as of what level should a co-op member be able to participate in this event. We've got a (new) member, level, and apparently he has already started the order. The stats show he has 2% complete. But other co-op members think he shouldn't be able to participate due to his level.

Is this correct? And so, is this a glitch in the system?

Otherwise we've got a hell of a lot of work ahead of us tomorrow for his order......
    anyone can participate but you have to be lvl 17 help other farms on the last day was how I read it.  One suggestions is to have them leave and come right back in and not start their order this week.  Have them wait till the orders reset for the next week so they have a full week to work
  • Does anyone know who the 7th day will work?  how will we be able to "donate" to others ?
    Also wondering what would be best -  opinions please - is it better to help everyone even though we can't get everyone to 100% or work to get those we can to 100% and not help those we can't get to 100%.  Wondering what would be the best way to use resources to help theirs

Thanks for answer to question of 7th day and insight on how to help others fill orders.  

thanks

My understanding is that on Sunday anyone who has taken part in the challenge by donating(now selling items) will be able to click on another players list to see what it will take to complete the list.  It may not be the same item that needs to be donated, nor will it be the same amount required.  It will depend upon players levels what will be required.

For example a level 40 player needs 1,000 apples so a level 150 player will need to donate 2,000 fruitcakes to complete.
    Or, a level 95 player need 500 olives and a level 35 player will need to donate 800 eggs.
    Note: I am just guessing the actual amounts as math is not my forte.  ; - )

Anyone please correct me if I am wrong.

As to the changes they certainly help.
    My complaint would be that they came to late.  
    I thought I was smart not to start the dang thing and now with the changes they have removed my main reason for not doing the challenge.  The financial loss due to the donations of a staggering amount of items such as 3,000 fruitcakes.

I kind of feel like I am being punished for not doing it cause now I look like the Scrooge of my co-op. 

So thanks for that.  ; - )

I understand feeling like Scrooge.  You can always join in once the reset happens for the next week and do the rest.

I understand it the same as you did but will add that players have to be lvl 17 (or maybe it is above lvl 17, not going to search for it) to help on the last day.  If they are say lvl 15 they can do their own order and people can help them finish but they can't help others. All lvls can participate and work on their own order
  • Thanks, I was afraid that was the case. I'll let the co-op leaders know this and they can decide what to do.

Thanks for the help :smiley: 
  • Not sure if this is the case everywhere, but many in my coop had 5 items to fill from the flower farm.  If we have such high utilization requirement for the farm now with overlapping orders for the same equipment, there should be boosters provided for the flower farm as well (as they are for the bakery and main farm). 

To those on the thread who finished their orders - congrats!  I am having difficulty on my own order and not due to lack of effort, just expected the insane quantities to be adjusted already, not after week 1 is over..

• GOODBYE BIGFARM,

ME AND ANOTHER HAVE LEFT OUR COOP SO AND WILL NOT BE A BURDEN NOR WILL PARTICIPATE WITH THE MISSIONS AS WE CANNOT DONATE OUR LIVES AROUND THE CLOCK TO A "GAME" WITH VERY UNREASONABLE AND IMPOSSIBLE MISSIONS, ESPECIALY FOR THOSE WITH A FULL TIME JOB.   GGS HAS CREATED SITUATIONS TO BRING OUT THE WORST IN PEOPLE, DEMANDING THEY PUT YOUR GAME BEFORE EVERTYING ELSE FOR PROFIT AND AS TO MANY REASONS ALREADY MENTIONED IN POSTS BEFORE, ALTHOUGH NOT HEARD, ARE THEREFORE LEAVING GOODGAME STUDIES ALTOGETHER.

THIS IS AN OFFICIAL NOTICE AND REQUEST TO REMOVE MY FARM AS THERE DOES NOT SEEM TO BE ANY WAY TO DO THAT WITHOUT ASKING YOU TO DO THAT.

HOPING BIGARM PLAYERS WILL HAVE A CHRIST FILLED CHRISTMAS FILLED WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

RESPECTFULLY,
    THIRTYPLUS
This discussion has been closed.