Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

It is impossible

to play the "Hard worker" event. Game is lagging so much. I have now tried many browsers. Don't tell me anymore that it is about chrome and flash player. Usually it takes about 12 to 15 mins to harvest all my 3 farms (now 4, with candy farm)
Now it takes about 30 mins to harvest all. In every browser. And yes, i have cleared all, reloaded and so on and so on. And all browsers and flashes and what ever i have latest versions. 

Lot of miss clicks and i have lost gold, not too much yet, but still. I try to be careful but that does not help, when every click is "so slow" Hard to tell, but i think you know what i mean. 

(No, i don't believe that is is about hamsters in holiday, not anymore, maybe it is GGS on holiday...)

What is going on?????

Comments

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 09.11.2015
    I know what you mean and completely agree with you @Dara (SKN1) - I don't believe anymore "that this game lagging would be because of using the latest Flash versions (.207/.226) in Chrome" either. The other thing GGS says: "Unfortunately, this is a global issue across all our games". 

So - without a doubt - the cause must be found within GGS, as it apparently happens "to all THEIR games"...
    as nothing else lags at our computer.

This is my very first game online (and prolly my last) but I hear from more frequent gamers that this happens to all games: in the end so many different elements are added, and so many extra animations, and so many events played 
    so frequently at the same moment - that the game itself starts to respond more and more slowly until consequently the game provider will stop the game totally (not before the concept has been completely sucked empty, of course)..

Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: in addition: I always worked with IE, only started working with Chrome to be able to read the new forum (and watch video ads, but that I stopped doing for obvious reasons). Then I used Firefox and in the end Opera, but after a while the game starts lagging again, also on these last 2 browsers .... So IMHO it's not a typical "Chrome thing".
    Guess what? I went back playing the game on IE again, and it works fine - not as fine as it used to work in the earlier days of the game, but at least better than with all the other browsers I tried. I now only read the forum on one of the other browsers.
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • Try this browser...Comodo Dragon Browser...Had so many problems weeks ago with Chrome...made the switch To Comodo Dragon and havn't regretted it since...Only use it for BF since Chrome still works perfectly fine for everything else.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    @Dara (SKN1)  I use maxthon browser to play big farm and my other online game after it cost me real money because of very bad lag on Chrome. Even with other browsers after a few hours playing would get bugged down., So I am playing a lot less on both games and not buying anything so I am saving money,nicely in time for Christmas
  • Sigh. 
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    Hmmm, i don't like that i have to try so many different browsers. And install all in my computer.
    I had firefox and IE, i removed those, IE did not work at all, not just with the game, but with anything. It made the whole computer stuck. So i had to remove it. Same with firefox. How can i be sure, that all those browsers (i have never even heard...) are working. I guess there's nothing but try...
    No i have chrome and opera, works with everything else, but not with game.

I really think it is time for GGS to do something. And soon. You are loosing players because of this.
    I already know couple, who has left the game because of all this mess.
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    Hmmm, i don't like that i have to try so many different browsers. And install all in my computer.
    And you absolutely shouldn't have to :( We're constantly working on getting the game's performance up, but in light of various changes regarding Flash on Chrome, in the end, there's only so much we can do about it. 
    I'm constantly forwarding all issues some of you guys have, and I'm optimistic that we'll be able to optimize everything even more, 
    That said, please also check on your end (and that's not specifically meant as a reply to Dara, but all players) and be sure that both your browser and Flash updates are, erm, up to date, and that you installed all proper video card drivers and everything.

Thanks for all your input,
    Timo
    Thank you Latten for an answer  :)

• And yes, i have cleared all, reloaded and so on and so on. And all browsers and flashes and what ever i have latest versions. 
    I know what you mean and completely agree with you @Dara (SKN1) - I don't believe anymore "that this game lagging would be because of using the latest Flash versions (.207/.226) in Chrome" either. The other thing GGS says: "Unfortunately, this is a global issue across all our games". 
    CM Latten said:

That said, please also check on your end (and that's not specifically meant as a reply to Dara, but all players) and be sure that both your browser and Flash updates are, erm, up to date, and that you installed all proper video card drivers and everything.

Timo
    I afraid you maybe overlooked something in both Dara's and Jiesta's postings?

Besides Dara and Jiesta, I have also seen many other experienced players complain about speed problems and declare all that their's software is the newest versions ... Actually, I'm pretty sure that most experienced players here on the forum all the time keeps their computer updated with the latest software.
    - I also have big problems with the speed of the game in several different browsers and ensured me that I have the latest software.

Also, I have offered you (GGS) to test whether it makes any difference in game speed on the video feature is enabled or disabled, by that way you disable the videofunction for one of my two farms ...
    I think because otherwise it could be very interested to test video active versus inactive video on the same PC, when there is now the opportunity to do so.
    - But has you accepted this offer? - No, you have not even responded to my offer (may not even have read it?)

I have previously reported on how hard the game eats into my computer's CPU and RAM resources, and described my computer setup, and I have also reported that the download speed has great influence on the game's settlement .. dowload speed are particularly important for how long it takes to switch between the farms!
    - Do GGS's developers takes regard to that, it is not all of us are sitting with a brand new super gaming computer and a broadband connection of at least 20 Mbit?
    edited 09.11.2015
    I am afraid 
    @BriannospamGame (SKN1)   that your suggestions will be buried here in forum...

I know that all mods are doing a good work in here, and they will convey most things to GGS. Somehow i don't believe that there are no one in GGS who reads this forum......

Moderators here are just messengers and i really don't want to shoot a messengers 

I think it is a good offer, But maybe they don't think that your offer is something that GGS wants to know.

Post edited by Dara (SKN1) on
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    CM Latten said:
    And you absolutely shouldn't have to :( We're constantly working on getting the game's performance up, but in light of various changes regarding Flash on Chrome, in the end, there's only so much we can do about it. 
    I'm constantly forwarding all issues some of you guys have, and I'm optimistic that we'll be able to optimize everything even more, 

Timo
    I do have all my software up to date Have a programme that automatically checks and updates my software Has for hardware Not sure and not paying a technician to take apart my PC Already spent enough money on the game and PC is fine everywhere else 
  • adoptapet (US1)adoptapet (US1) Posts: 1,760
    edited 09.11.2015
    I use Firefox.  They are promoting their private browsing that is to stop tracking.  I am experimenting (only once so far) with using that for the game.  It eliminated the videos and substantially reduced the amount of junk to be cleaned from my game.  Not sure about game play, but I think it may help there too.

I would appreciate any feedback from others who have, or will, try it.  Brian are you willing??
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542

I afraid you maybe overlooked something in both Dara's and Jiesta's postings?

Besides Dara and Jiesta, I have also seen many other experienced players complain about speed problems and declare all that their's software is the newest versions ... Actually, I'm pretty sure that most experienced players here on the forum all the time keeps their computer updated with the latest software.
    - I also have big problems with the speed of the game in several different browsers and ensured me that I have the latest software.
    I absolutely didn't overlook this :/ There's just not much I can add at the moment - as I said, we're always looking into performance issues and speed problems. While it might be hard to believe for some, we'd also much prefer our games running great for everyone ;)
    As soon as we have a potential fix, we usually pass it on in here so people can try and test it, and we had a lot of user generated potental solutions as well in the relevant threads. And if new ideas/solutions/fixes come up, we'll of course inform you.

Greetings,
    Timo
    @adoptapet (US1) - just a suggestion:

If you would like to make sure Brian reads your request you should type his name like this: @BriannospamGame (SKN1) 

Therefor you need to type @ and the first few letters of the name; a little window with a list of names will pop up and you can make your choice. 

If you would like to make sure Brian reads your request you should type his name like this: @BriannospamGame (SKN1) 

Therefor you need to type @ and the first few letters of the name; a little window with a list of names will pop up and you can make your choice. 

Thank you @Jiesta (NL1)   :smiley: :wink: 
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    I use chrome for everything, and since this lagging problem started I first did not want to install another browser either, eventually however folded and installed Opera, after following several recommendations and attempted a bit of research. (Firefox lags for me too) Been using Opera several weeks now (for farming only, Chrome for everything else) and it works wonderfully glitchless - but dont ask me why, considering it uses the exact same flash version as chrome.
  • adoptapet (US1)adoptapet (US1) Posts: 1,760
    edited 09.11.2015
    Interesting.  I tried Opera and noticed no difference in the way the game played for me.  Not wanting lots of browsers, I uninstalled Opera only yesterday.  So what does this mean?  Is it then dependent upon our computers abilities?  I have no idea.  Oh, I do keep everything updated immediately.

Edited to add  Thanks Jiesta for the tip about sending a message : )  Pretty bad typist here.
    I have Opera too. It was fine for a while, but now it's lagging like chrome.....
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I have Opera too. It was fine for a while, but now it's lagging like chrome.....
    Alas, I have tried Chrome, IE and Opera, all are lagging. It seems to be fine for a while and then it is hopelessly slow in every browser. Today I downloaded my fourth browser, Maxthon. So far it is working well, but that was what I thought about Opera at first too.
    It is ridiculous that the Big Farm customers are expected to jump through hoops to play this game. I mean, seriously: 4 browsers?

• jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515

That doesn't work for me. I don't get a pop up list anymore and I can't seem to properly tag someone. :(
    @jess_d (US1) 

Not even when you try to really type the name yourself, Jess? Coz I know that when I copy&paste a name after the @ (what I often tried because those names can be so complicated that copy&paste seem to be the solution - but it is not!), then it doesn't work for me either. I really have to type the @ and the letters of the name one for one myself each time.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 09.11.2015

Yea I type @ followed by the full name, even the ( ) with the sever in between. It will link the name but anything after a space isn't included so it doesn't actually tag them or create the correct link to their profile. I think it doesn't like me. :(

Let me try your name & see if it works.... @Jiesta (NL1)  I got a pop up that time.

Edit: I guess some names work & some don't. That's weird.

• I have said many times on this issue, I cannot find any recent concerns from users or Chrome regarding flash player.Chrome have e mailed me saying they are not aware of any open issues regarding the problems I stated to them.  The ONLY thing we see about it being a Chrome/pepper flash issue is from GGS. So if as Latten says they are working hard to fix these issues,, hmmm if its chrome/flash no amount of fiddling by GSS will fix it, If it is Chrome/Flash at fault I would think Chrome would be issuing some kind of information on the issue. As others point it the lag does happen in all browsers, but not as bad as chrome, so the problem is not with Chrome as GGS point out. Giving players a work around is not fixing the problems, I can imagine the replies from VW owners if they were told to "fix" it themselves... The thing is GGS are looking too much into how to get more GOLD sales than to fix issues, they bring out new things that just compound the problems. Nobody can see how to fix problems because there are so many off them. We are told to check our browsers etc are upto date, of course they are, and they work fine with every other site EVEN ones that need flash player. The only two things in common with all the problems are GGS and Flash player
  • As I have posted before I am using Chrome and have zero issues with Big farm. The only difference I can see is that I don't have the videos. I am level 102 and running all farms, including the Candy Farm.

If this truly is a chrome/flash issue it should affect all of us. Seriously GGS needs to stop the videos and see if it makes a difference for all the players before they have no players left.

I did install Opera to test it and that also had zero issues for me to use it for Big farm.

I am playing on Chrome right now with 7 tabs open and zero issues.

I am not posting to annoy people I am truly sorry that it is not working for many but GGS insisting it is a chrome/flash player issue just does not ring true to me.

• As I have posted before I am using Chrome and have zero issues with Big farm. The only difference I can see is that I don't have the videos. I am level 102 and running all farms, including the Candy Farm.

If this truly is a chrome/flash issue it should affect all of us. Seriously GGS needs to stop the videos and see if it makes a difference for all the players before they have no players left.

Or as I have suggested before: Let some players who have more than one farm try test the difference, by disable the video function for the one of the test players farms.
    I already have say, I'm willing to be a tester for that, and I know there also are other players outthere with more than one farm... maybe also other players than me are willing to be a tester for the video function on/off ?
    @Te Aroha (AU1) Very important information! Much appreciated, and thank you Te Aroha!!

This is IMO the second time @BriannospamGame (SKN1) makes this very good suggestion, and offers his own farm/account.
    GGS want their players to test this, then let us test it the right way. We are being guinea pigs for 10 weeks in a row now, 
    apparently to no reveal ... so maybe it would be time now to try something else? Like f.i. the excellent suggestion from Brian?
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 10.11.2015
    As I have posted before I am using Chrome and have zero issues with Big farm. The only difference I can see is that I don't have the videos. I am level 102 and running all farms, including the Candy Farm.

Or as I have suggested before: Let some players who have more than one farm try test the difference, by disable the video function for the one of the test players farms.
    I already have say, I'm willing to be a tester for that, and I know there also are other players outthere with more than one farm... maybe also other players than me are willing to be a tester for the video function on/off ?
    There are already people that have more than one farm & don`t have videos on them all, I haven`t seen any of them posting that they only have a slow game on the ones with videos. OFC it is possible that they just haven`t posted that there is a difference in performance, but I would hope that at least one of them would have said something by now.

I used FF and Chrome & I haven`t had any issues with either of them, I also have a video couch on only one farm, but it has never had any videos available. I think the problem does have a connection to browsers, but not ONLY which browser you use, otherwise everyone using that browser would have the same problem. It must be some sort of combination of browser/flash/java/graphics cards/security/connection along with the various update versions of programs.
  • I have an old computer and I use firefox. I use add-on extensions NoScript and Adblock Plus. I also changed the settings in the game. I turned off sounds and music. I turned off animations, changed quality from high to low, and turned off notifications.
  • Jenni 1 (AU1)Jenni 1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    I have 2 farms - US has videos, AU does not.  I use IE and don't have any problems with game lagging on either farm

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file