Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - November 3rd - Winter is coming (again)! - Discussion

Comments

• Seriously the snow is a little too much, I have the brightness down to it's lowest setting and the glare is still too much. Yes I am photosensitive and yes I am wearing dark glasses to play the game.

I did buy the snow backdrop but that has been taken down as that only made the situation worse, more glare. 

• Hi All,

Here is some more information on adjusting the brightness of your screen for the snow glare if it is bothering you.

In my prior post, I had said that pressing the F2 and F3 keys would adjust the brightness on your screen.  For some of you though, that did not work due to different function key configurations on different keyboards.

Sometimes different computer companies assign different tasks to the function keys. (Some desktop monitors may have adjustments on the monitors too.) I have found that Toshiba did that on this laptop keyboard.  That is why it may not have worked for you. (Toshiba also did other things on their keyboard too that are not in the “right” places.)

On my old Gateway Laptop, it is under the right shift key, with the up and down arrow key there and I would have to press another key with it, probably the FN key.  I can’t test it to tell you for sure, because my power port is broken on that laptop.

Here are some other ways to adjust the brightness of your screen.

-------------------------------------------------------

Look for a sun on your keyboard. Usually there are 2 keys with a sun with an up and down triangle next to it, to increase or decrease the brightness.  If you find it on another Function key (the row of keys above your numbers), then pressing the one with the down triangle beside it will decrease your brightness, and pressing the one with the up arrow will increase it.

If it is not on any of the F1-12 keys, but you find it somewhere else, then it will most likely require that you press the FN key, then the up or down keys with the sun on them. On some keyboards it may need CTRL + the “Sun” key.  Other combinations are possible too. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

In Windows 8.1 if you swipe in from the right, and click on settings (the gear),  there is a brightness adjustment there to slide up and down. Do this with your game screen up so you can see how the snow looks. :-)

Here’s another way to adjust the screen brightness that should work for all.

In windows 8.1, In the Control Panel, under Power options, there is a place for Hardware and Sound, Then Power options, then adjust screen brightness. Way at the bottom of the box that comes up, there is a slider to adjust the screen brightness.  Just slide back and forth until it is the way you want it. Do this with the game up on the screen and you can see the effect it has on the snow. 

On Other versions of Windows, they may have it in a slightly different place, but it can be found in the Control Panel, so you’ll just need to look for it.

If anyone needs more help with this, just let me know.  Have fun in the snow!

• Hi All,

Here is some more information on adjusting the brightness of your screen for the snow glare if it is bothering you.

In my prior post, I had said that pressing the F2 and F3 keys would adjust the brightness on your screen.  For some of you though, that did not work due to different function key configurations on different keyboards.

Sometimes different computer companies assign different tasks to the function keys. (Some desktop monitors may have adjustments on the monitors too.) I have found that Toshiba did that on this laptop keyboard.  That is why it may not have worked for you. (Toshiba also did other things on their keyboard too that are not in the “right” places.)

On my old Gateway Laptop, it is under the right shift key, with the up and down arrow key there and I would have to press another key with it, probably the FN key.  I can’t test it to tell you for sure, because my power port is broken on that laptop.

Here are some other ways to adjust the brightness of your screen.

-------------------------------------------------------

Look for a sun on your keyboard. Usually there are 2 keys with a sun with an up and down triangle next to it, to increase or decrease the brightness.  If you find it on another Function key (the row of keys above your numbers), then pressing the one with the down triangle beside it will decrease your brightness, and pressing the one with the up arrow will increase it.

If it is not on any of the F1-12 keys, but you find it somewhere else, then it will most likely require that you press the FN key, then the up or down keys with the sun on them. On some keyboards it may need CTRL + the “Sun” key.  Other combinations are possible too. 

In Windows 8.1 if you swipe in from the right, and click on settings (the gear),  there is a brightness adjustment there to slide up and down. Do this with your game screen up so you can see how the snow looks. :-)

Here’s another way to adjust the screen brightness that should work for all.

In windows 8.1, In the Control Panel, under Power options, there is a place for Hardware and Sound, Then Power options, then adjust screen brightness. Way at the bottom of the box that comes up, there is a slider to adjust the screen brightness.  Just slide back and forth until it is the way you want it. Do this with the game up on the screen and you can see the effect it has on the snow. 

On Other versions of Windows, they may have it in a slightly different place, but it can be found in the Control Panel, so you’ll just need to look for it.

If anyone needs more help with this, just let me know.  Have fun in the snow!

• I have my brightness turned down to the lowest setting. This is not the issue. I know how to turn the brightness down to it's lowest setting. 

Also to think about on our server AU, we are going into summer so we already have sunlight glare to contend with and the extra white just adds to it.

Please just tone it down for us :)
  • I'D like to get my old background back here.
    Hard to find the people giving prizes fast. Miss most of them.
    Vidio are kind of o.k. but wont watch the long one's at all.
    The mast few days 1 grand or other piddley stuff. A waste here.
    Got over 580 million so don't need cash. But newer people don't have much.
     As for me make 2 Million a day/Tons of points.
     just got to figure the best stuff to do for the most of both...lol
  • Woohoo I found me a snowman in my flag box!! photo Spongebob_zpsba2a8721gif

photo Frosty Flag_zpspr1tigumpng

My snowman is out again :):)
    I found mine too!!  Thanks for the reminder!!!
  • Solmar (US1)Solmar (US1) Posts: 72
    edited 05.11.2015
    I like the free winter background, and have no complaints about the snow.

The popcorn cinema looks cool too, but the rewards from watching the videos are terrible and not worth viewing the videos for. Watching videos costs bandwidth and thus real life dollars, and I am not interested in exchanging bandwidth costs for a lowly number of fake bf dollars.  I preferred it when I had options to choose from for the reward. The surprise boxes are bad - they give mainly a lowly number of fake dollars, which are not worth the viewing time and bandwidth cost of the videos. Maybe this cinema is good for players below level 20, but not for my farm that could have easily made more dollars while playing instead of watching the videos. That is to say, this is the ridiculous part of this cinema - in the same time I took to view the videos I could have generated farm dollars higher than the dollars I got from watching the videos...it is very uneconomic to spend time watching the videos.
    Post edited by Solmar (US1) on
  • Hi I am having a problem with my password and account info. ehen I go to log in to Forum it says my info doesn't match.
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Hi I am having a problem with my password and account info. ehen I go to log in to Forum it says my info doesn't match.
    Hey, Your forum credentials are the same as in the game now. You will have to use your registered email address with your game password to get into your forum account.

Stan
  • Seriously the snow is a little too much, I have the brightness down to it's lowest setting and the glare is still too much. Yes I am photosensitive and yes I am wearing dark glasses to play the game.

I did buy the snow backdrop but that has been taken down as that only made the situation worse, more glare. 

Auch,so I can see you have a serious problem ... probably with other websites that have very white in the background (eg. facebook?)

I am not do much to suggest solutions that cost real money, but in your case, there is certainly not any way around it, as you have already made adjustments to brightness and even wear sunglasses.
    I think (and hope) a sun filter on your computer screen can help you (also on other sites with lot of white)
    I have try doing a search for sun filter for monitors and get a lot of links. - I hope you can use that idea :)
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    Could someone affected by this glaring of the snow post a pic?  I would like to see if your snow is the same as mine, which is not quite white and has a hint of blue in it.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 05.11.2015
    Regarding white on screen, appart from brightness and contrast adjustment, maybe even more important is screen colour calibration, the temperature as it is called, set up by adjusting combination of 3 basic colours (blue, red, green). The balance between the screen brightness and ambient light around has been mentioned too. Also all my equipment including screen surface is non-glare, so it doesn't reflect. Everything on all my computers has been toned down for softness ever since I started using them, with carefully balanced background of everything I could have influenced in Windows. And sites which forced beaming white just mostly end up not being used. Working with computers is strenuous for eyesight enough allready, so no need to make it worse then absolutely necessary. One of my primary concerns when chosing a game to play is an easy to view, positive, soft colour setting. Not too bright, not too dark, just looking all right on my carefull light/colour balancing. Any harsh on eyes game get's rejected, no matter how good it might be. :)

Note @bdreiish: Things don't look the same on different screens due to their different qualties and settings. Also condition of everyone's eyesight plays huge role. Somebody's "no problem" may be somebody elses "unbearable". And yes, the snow is shaded, not strikingly Ariel white. :) It will also be shaded based on the temperature setting of your screen as white results from basic colours balancing.
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049

And PINJO, I've also signed up on a gaming website but since a good month of 2, I'm playing on the official website. Give it a try and you will see the welcome center and the video's. ;) 
    Wow, i did not think about that. Thanks for telling me that.

Owh that is weird, my level 177 account is not known when logging in on the official site, not starting over as i already put way too much time in my account. And double accounts are not good so i can't start a new account as i already have account on all servers. 

Hm. That is strange. I started my farm trough other web page and later changed to the official site without any problems. Are you sure you set the right server. If yes, maybe the support can help. Your farm should be your farm no matter from which site you log in. 
  • when will videos be available?
  • Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526

And PINJO, I've also signed up on a gaming website but since a good month of 2, I'm playing on the official website. Give it a try and you will see the welcome center and the video's. ;) 

Owh that is weird, my level 177 account is not known when logging in on the official site, not starting over as i already put way too much time in my account. And double accounts are not good so i can't start a new account as i already have account on all servers. 

Hm. That is strange. I started my farm trough other web page and later changed to the official site without any problems. Are you sure you set the right server. If yes, maybe the support can help. Your farm should be your farm no matter from which site you log in. 
    No. It depends on different game servers. There are websites that give us the same choice as the official site: www, en, ru ... And there are websites with special servers - test, small servers  -first for updating, first for bugfixing.

There's the list in support form.

• Have you tried refreshing the page using Ctrl + F5 ? That usually works. :)Hi farmerjohn22, That's one of the first things I tried, it didn't work. sigh.... :(  Then of course I signed off then back on.
    That's the extent of my IT knowledge. The suggestions of Craftycritters didn't work either. I don't want to adjust the screens brightness....I want to get rid of the snow completely, so my workers and 'animules' won't freeze to death!  I feel so sorry for them, they look so pitiful with their houndog eyes...yes that includes the workers.
    Is it possible for one of the moderators to speak with the programmers? or whoever is in the know to tell us how to get back to the original background and or clear out the overlay background? thanks.  B)

• Gin7 (US1)Gin7 (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    How do you make your 2 million a day? 
  • Regarding white on screen, appart from brightness and contrast adjustment, maybe even more important is screen colour calibration, the temperature as it is called, set up by adjusting combination of 3 basic colours (blue, red, green). The balance between the screen brightness and ambient light around has been mentioned too. Also all my equipment including screen surface is non-glare, so it doesn't reflect. Everything on all my computers has been toned down for softness ever since I started using them, with carefully balanced background of everything I could have influenced in Windows. And sites which forced beaming white just mostly end up not being used. Working with computers is strenuous for eyesight enough allready, so no need to make it worse then absolutely necessary. One of my primary concerns when chosing a game to play is an easy to view, positive, soft colour setting. Not too bright, not too dark, just looking all right on my carefull light/colour balancing. Any harsh on eyes game get's rejected, no matter how good it might be. :)

Note @bdreiish: Things don't look the same on different screens due to their different qualties and settings. Also condition of everyone's eyesight plays huge role. Somebody's "no problem" may be somebody elses "unbearable". And yes, the snow is shaded, not strikingly Ariel white. :) It will also be shaded based on the temperature setting of your screen as white results from basic colours balancing.
    Thanks for the detailed explanation, Hopefully some will now understand the problem a little better. Playing in the evening the problem is not as bad.

I am not against the snow I have only asked that they turn it down a little, maybe only the AU server needs this due to our summertime.

BriannospamGame (SKN1) said:
    Seriously the snow is a little too much, I have the brightness down to it's lowest setting and the glare is still too much. Yes I am photosensitive and yes I am wearing dark glasses to play the game.

Auch,so I can see you have a serious problem ... probably with other websites that have very white in the background (eg. facebook?)

I am not do much to suggest solutions that cost real money, but in your case, there is certainly not any way around it, as you have already made adjustments to brightness and even wear sunglasses.
    I think (and hope) a sun filter on your computer screen can help you (also on other sites with lot of white)
    I have try doing a search for sun filter for monitors and get a lot of links. - I hope you can use that idea :)
    For those that are not aware you can change the background colors on Facebook with a simple extension that is available.
  • Ok, I don't have a facebook account, so I did not know that.

• And PINJO, I've also signed up on a gaming website but since a good month of 2, I'm playing on the official website. Give it a try and you will see the welcome center and the video's. ;) 

For All who are using a 3rd party login site.  Here's a pic of the Official Login Screen at  http://bigfarm.goodgamestudios.com/  The middle where the purple X is, is only for new players to sign up for a new account. At the bottom middle, where the red circle is, you change the flag to the country you want, and then choose the server next to it. Most Countries will list a server for that country or the International Server. You can only have one game for each server.  If there are multiple players in your household, you need to let Support know so that they will  set it up so all can play on the same server. When you log in, be sure that info is right for you, and then login at the upper right from the drop down menu where the blue circle is.

If that does not work for you, I would suggest contacting Support and asking them about it so you can get ll the nice features of the game.   Happy Farming!  :smile:  

• Hi, Hopefully a CM will see it 3  3 and pass it on so the game can go back to the other ads and fix it so it WORKS!!!!!  

I'm on the US1 Server, a Level 131 player. 

Since the Nov. 3rd update and the change to the Surprise Boxes for the movie ads, playing Big Farm is no fun!!      Just when I thought things were getting better and the movie ads would soon be out to all, GGS goes and messes it up AGAIN!!!!  Yes, I am not happy at all!!! angry angry angry 

Using Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11 OR Google Chrome-fully updated, and Adobe Flash fully updated, all cashes cleared, the computer fully shut down and booted u again and again, etc!!, the game has gone back to being VERY SLOW to process changing screens, harvesting and planting, white gears take a long time to go away, I've been abruptly logged out several times too, etc.  

I HATE THIS!!!!!! angry angry angry

It is affecting my whole computer!! I know it is the game, because when I boot up and do not use the game, everything is great!!!  Same with both browsers!! As soon as I use the game, all slows....  Same with both browsers!!!

A few days before the update GGS did something right!!!  The screens were responding lightening fast compared to the past few months using both of my Browsers!!  Just a little lag when changing farms, but better than it had been!  WOW!!! What a difference it made in my game play!!  I got a lot more done!!!

When I first started playing Big Farm  (about March 2014) I'd click on the worker's gifts, as the number of them in a row increased, I would play a little game and click on one, then change farms and click on a new one and try to keep the numbers going as high as I could without missing one.  smile  I could do that then and in the 2-3 days prior to the update too!!  It has not been possible for months before that-too slow!!!

Even the Ads where I chose 1 of 4 prizes were working much better!!  The prizes there were nice too, IMO, even worth the extra effort getting thru the bugs!  I was so excited about them coming out to new players and I thought that would be soon!  the faster response time in the game was making such a great difference!!  I was finally able to get something done!!!  We were having fun with the added nice prizes, and the gold and finally able to do a little of the things that the rich gold players do!!  Having fun with the Karma points, doing a few upgrades, etc. I even thought about trying to buy a little gold!  I felt that the new ads, with choosing one in 4 prizes were going to be GREAT for everyone!!  We would have more fun in the game, GGS would make more from the advertisers paying them and it seemed like a win win situation.  I thought it would be out to all and VERY soon!!!  

The Surprise Boxes are no good, a WASTE of my time, PRIZES ARE NOT WORTH IT, only 5 of them too, etc. as I know others have posted.  GET RID OF THEM!!! THEY ARE RUINING ALL THE GAME PLAY!!!

I WANT MY FAST FUN GAME BACK!!!  I WANT THE MOVIE ADS  FOR ALL WHERE I CAN CHOOSE MY PRIZE FROM 1 IN 4, GOLD OR EVEN A PRIZE WORTH MORE THAN THE GOLD!! 20 OF THESE PER DAY WAS NICE TOO!!  I've already lost 3 Co-op players too!! Come on GGS, get it together!!

Oh, and for the third time now, Support has just dumped my requests back to me without answering them!! The dumps don't even have the old info on them-like the automated replies do.  So I have to try to find them and put them together!! One, I have e-mailed them about 3 times and still no reply! 

Ticket#2015091410010785

I tried to get the 3rd Birthday e-mail voucher prizes within the 10 days and it would not work, pics included.  Now I have to try again!!  That is IF I can even get into Support!!! Something better needs to be done with Support. Let ALL players know not to send in a report about problems they know about and are working on, by having an alert on the Support Request page and on the News when logging in to the game-have a support Alert Link! 

@CM Popeye   Please let them know about this!  Thank You! heart smile heart 

I will post more about the details of the Surprise boxes not working and their prizes in a little while after I catch up on the posts! 

• edited 06.11.2015
    How do you make your 2 million a day? 
    You can make even more than that by playing a lot, keeping your productions costs way down (at a minimum in the -70--80 range), mine are at -93%.  Keeping the production costs down is very important.  Work at winning decos with high happiness levels.  Leveling up your Bakery and Flower Shop to their max with the architect, especially the Flowershop! I'm at Level 131, been playing since about March 2014 and I play a whole lot!  :) The bakery will make me $49,000 every 26 min!  The Flower Shop is $850,000 every 7 hours for honey cream and about $50,000 every 30 min for a box of soaps, The exact figures will be different depending on your production cost, benefits from your Co-op Research,cost of the supplies to make them (which I did not figure in in the figures I gave), etc.  Just keep playing and building your farms and you will get there.
    Happy Farming!  :)
    Post edited by Craftycritters (US1) on
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    The snow should be made optional. I'm on the AU server and we are heading into summer so this update is irrelevant and "may" be another reason why the game is running slow lately. The glare is inconvenient but my issue is that it makes my farms look ugly.
  • The snow should be made optional. I'm on the AU server and we are heading into summer so this update is irrelevant and "may" be another reason why the game is running slow lately. The glare is inconvenient but my issue is that it makes my farms look ugly.

I sympathise with you @gizmo22 - I live in Scotland and hate it when we get Summer events when we are wrapped up in woolly jumpers and scarves ;)   But I must admit I like the snow on my farm - much better than the real thing :) 

• Well, I've just opened the first 5 of the gifts of the video. Only one gave me gold: 10 gold, instead of the 25 - 40 gold for each video earlier. That's disappointing. I'm guessing GG wants us to buy more gold.....
  • we should have a winter poem contest.
  • edited 17.11.2015

@CM Nafaru   &   @CM Latten   HELP!!

Logging in the morning after the Nov. 17th Update on US1.  (You forgot to put in a discussion page for this update too)  I'm in California, USA.  Using Windows 8.1 and IE11-screens are VERY slow to load, once loaded I cannot move the Farm Screen, sitting low on lower right corner, so I can't get to all of my farm.  It is not playable at all!!!  I have cleared cashes and rebooted x 3, no improvement.  Adobe Flash, IE, Google Chrome, etc, are all up to date! 

Tried using Google Chrome, extremely slow too and only a green screen, cannot log in with it at all!!!

GC and IE were VERY slow to load the Forum too!

My Co-op members are reporting the same problems, man on the East coast of USA.

Please report this ASAP to the powers that be so we can play the game!!!!

**** Tried to let Support know, but keep getting an error screen, so unable to report to support too.

Post edited by Craftycritters (US1) on
  • Game is very slow and laggy, but I do not seem to have the farm screen problem, yet anyway.

Firefox
  • Fixed things??  I am getting new error codes now.  Here is the latest -

• CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    @Craftycritters (US1) & @adoptapet (US1) we've forwarded your performance issues. Please let us know if these persist!

@adoptapet (US1) this is an error message you can get if your workers refuse to leave after 1 hour. The problem is already known for a while now. We're still trying to fix those lazy neighbors.

Sign In to comment.