Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sep 29th - The Sky is the limit - Discussion

Comments

• Latten, The discussion Forums for the Official Announcements are awfully quiet tonight.  It's 4am PST here and that would be 1 PM GGS time.  I've been waiting to hear something.  Can you please give us any kind of update on how things are coming along with Starling, the new game engine, fixes for the slow loading, screen change, etc. problems, movie problems, movies for all, etc.  Did they work over the week-end on it? When will we have a new update, etc.

I'm using Windows 8.1, Internet Explorer Version 11, Google Chrome-most up to date version, and Adobe Flash (up to date) too.  Loading and screen change times were terrible for me over the week-end.  And the game is using very high loads on my CPU when playing the game too as othes have mentioned (Norton keeps advising me of this-with both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome), even is no other program is open on my computer. There were a couple of times when changing browsers, clearing cashes and rebooting did not even help and things were so slow and freezing that the game was not playable.  In maybe a hour more or less it improved, still slow, but at least I could play slowly, so I figured they must be doing some work with Starling or something.

Just a nice status report  or even a Hi to start the week, would be so very nice if possible.  I know on Mondays, answers may not be available.  Even if you don't have the info now, it helps to calm a lot of stress to hear something, even if you can't answer all our questions and don't have a date now, perhaps you can let us know when you MIGHT have more info, such as after your next meeting or something.  I think it would help out a lot.  Pretty Please.  And EVERYONE, please be kind to Latten, he is doing his best to give us info as he can get it and he often does all he can to help us out, he is on our side!   I expect that we willl need to be a little more patient and that when Starling gets going we will see a big improvement. I know when Latten told us about it, I was very happy to hear that they were making an improvement like that.  Shows they are doing something BIG to help our problem. Thank You. :smile: 

P.S.  Is the Halloween Event coming soon?  As I recall from last year, it started so late, that some did not even get their Decos until AFTER Halloween and the event even continued for several days after Halloween  I'd sure like to have enough time to get them to decorate with BEFORE Halloween.  Thanks! :smile: 

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    This amount of time (to hear nothing from support) is starting to get ridiculous.
    Yet another whole day has passed and not a word from support.
    Now people are getting emails from support to contact them if they still need their problem examined.  I did not get one of these emails.  What does this mean?  Is my support ticket still active?  Will they ever answer me?  Am I just shouting into cyberspace?
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Hey @gavinfarms (US1) Our team is still quite backed up, but they will get to your ticket as soon as possible. Some people do get these emails to write back if they still have an issue, but you would not have gotten one because your ticket is not old enough yet. I understand it is frustrating to wait this long, but I ask that you please remain patient.

Regards,
    Stan
    I got a reply.........

It said........."Unfortunately it is not clear exactly which event you mean, please could you clarify exactly which event you participated in?"

However, the first line of my complaint was ..........."In the HW event that ran from Oct 2-5, the top 50 players........."

How could this confuse someone?   If you didn't know the "HW" abbreviation, how many events ran from Oct 2 to 5.  This is an unacceptable level of idiocy.  I stated that I believed that they would look for a way to deny my claim, and that is exactly what happened.  They were clearly not interested in solving the matter.  Now they have to deal with a follow up question.  This is why your support department is screwed up.  Instead of solving a problem, they made it more complicated.  Thereby taking more time and further backing up the queue.

edited 16.10.2015
    Got another reply.  They have refused.  This a fundamental violation of the game that cannot be allowed.  Prizes from events must be awarded.

I expect this to be fixed.

This is particularly disturbing.  A prize was won in the game.  And now, GGS refuses to award that prize.  This is a new low.  While I have always found support to be unethical in the pursuit of false information, this is a new low.  This was not compensation for some mix-up.  I achieved something for which there was a stated reward, and they are not awarding that award.  I cannot believe this is happening.
    Post edited by gavinfarms (US1) on
    Hey, Unfortunately there is nothing I can do if support denies you compensation. What was the reasoning that was given out of curiosity. I will leave your post up, everyone has a voice in my forums.
    edited 16.10.2015
    They said that there were already gold licenses in my account, which is obviously true.  I have others. BUT I had zero the weekend before, and I kept a list of where each one came from.  I can account for every one. I logged on right before the event ended and checked my balanced, because I feared that this might happen.   If you allow this stand, I will not have faith in GGS anymore.  This is not "compensation".  I won an award in the game.  That did not happen.  This is wrong.  And you know that.  You told me that you had confidence that support would do the right thing.  They have not.  I keep a list of every gold license.  There is no mix up.  From now on, if the game says, you earn a gold license from being in the top 50, I should expect that that is in fact a lie, designed to get me to spend money in hopes of a prize that will not be awarded.

And, you will "leave my post up,"..........of course, I would expect nothing else.  Would you have thought of taking it down, because it reflects poorly on GGS?  That would be censorship that is not acceptable.  It is not me that made a commitment and now is lying about that.  I have backed up every word that I have said.  It is GGS that has not done that.

I had screenshots and everything.  There was no lack of proof here.  I give GGS the benefit of the doubt in these forums all the time.  I saw this debacle coming.  I documented everything before and after it happened.  Support has not once countered my argument, but only tried to find a hole in my story.  And they have failed to find that hole.

Hey @gavinfarms (US1) Our support team looks at each ticket individually, and can only compensate when they can justify it. If they refused compensation, I have to say that there must have been a good reason for them to do so. I understand your frustration at the outcome not going your way, but I remain confident that our support team does a great job of helping our users.

Regards,
    Stan
    They have given no reason.  If support ever offers the details and why they did what they did, I will cheer them.  They have not.  They have only continuously said that I cannot prove a negative (which no one can).  It is absurd.  I have to admit that I have always been skeptical of support, but I thought they would do the right thing in this case, because it so obvious.  I saved every piece of evidence that could be possibly be needed.  They have asked for nothing.

This is fundamental to the integrity of the game.  If you win an award in the game, you cannot expect that you will receive it.
  • Hi, I am new to the game, just started last night, but already up to level 12, but I am so confused about the cooperative thing, and also confused about the adding a collectable object to a collection, I would appreciate any help in understanding this, thanks.
  • They said that there were already gold licenses in my account, which is obviously true.  I have others. BUT I had zero the weekend before, and I kept a list of where each one came from.  I can account for every one. I logged on right before the event ended and checked my balanced, because I feared that this might happen.   If you allow this stand, I will not have faith in GGS anymore.  This is not "compensation".  I won an award in the game.  That did not happen.  This is wrong.  And you know that.  You told me that you had confidence that support would do the right thing.  They have not.  I keep a list of every gold license.  There is no mix up.  From now on, if the game says, you earn a gold license from being in the top 50, I should expect that that is in fact a lie, designed to get me to spend money in hopes of a prize that will not be awarded.

And, you will "leave my post up,"..........of course, I would expect nothing else.  Would you have thought of taking it down, because it reflects poorly on GGS?  That would be censorship that is not acceptable.  It is not me that made a commitment and now is lying about that.  I have backed up every word that I have said.  It is GGS that has not done that.

CM Popeye said:
    Hey @gavinfarms (US1) Our support team looks at each ticket individually, and can only compensate when they can justify it. If they refused compensation, I have to say that there must have been a good reason for them to do so. I understand your frustration at the outcome not going your way, but I remain confident that our support team does a great job of helping our users.

Regards,
    Stan

gavinfarms (US1) said:
    I had screenshots and everything.  There was no lack of proof here.  I give GGS the benefit of the doubt in these forums all the time.  I saw this debacle coming.  I documented everything before and after it happened.  Support has not once countered my argument, but only tried to find a hole in my story.  And they have failed to find that hole.

I have to say that I totally support gavinfarms in this matter!!  This is a long time player with extensive computer background that knows what they are talking about and has the documentation to back it up!! They deserve their prize!!!  With all the bugs that we have been having they even took the time to document things before-just in case (I have done that to) and after too.  GGS CAN TRACK ALL THE GOLD IN THE GAME AND THE GOLD LICENSES TOO!!  It sounds to me like a very overworked and backlogged support person-or a very new one, or one just trying to put out a quota of requests for the day, just tried to quickly dump this case without really looking at it!  Just as they have dumped a lot of our requests recently without answering them-asking us to resubmit them if the problem is still there, because of their backlog!!

I have had cases with support in which the reply that came back would indicate that the support person had NEVER even played Big Farm before, or DID NOT EVEN READ MY REQUEST!!!  When I say I cleared the cashes and rebooted and they reply to clear the cashes and reboot-makes no sense at all!!!

I am also very disappointed in your reply POPEYE.  IMO the CM's are our only hope/help when things go wrong! I think that you should have done something to have gavinfarms concerns looked at a second time by someone else like a supervisor or manager, since they have all the screenshots and proof for their case or at least recommended that to them!

@gavinfarms (US1), do NOT give up on this!!  You are entitled to your winning prize or to have a satisfactory explanation with proof if it contradicts the information that you have! I suggest that you reply again to support telling them that you strongly disagree with their decision. You may want to restate your facts in a Word document with the pics in the order of your information and attach it to your reply.  Then ask to have a supervisor or manager look at your case again.  When I have done this in the past, a Supervisor did look at my case again and the matter was resolved.  So it is possible to have another person take a look at it!  Just tell them that you disagree with their reply and why and that you want an experienced Supervisor in support in Big Farm to review the case again and refer to your attachment if any. Support can make mistakes too just as we call can!!  I hope all goes well for you!

I also hope that you get notified of my post because I tried the @gavinfarms (US1) 

CM Popeye said:
    Look, I am not going to get into this discussion with you. We of course give the rewards we advertise for our events. When that does not happen due to an error on our part, our support team is tasked with confirming if the prize was delivered or not. If it wasn't then they will gladly give it to the player that earned it. There is no reason for us not to give a player a reward that they rightfully earned.

Regards,
    Stan
    You are asking me to believe that support will act differently than the past.  You asking me to believe people who tried to hang me up on the words "license" vs. "certificate."  You have zero reason not to believe my version of the events.  I have every reason not to believe the support personnel.  This a fundamental violation of trust in the game.  Support has gone out of their way to try to accuse me of lying or being mistaken.  Do you really think that I don't know what is happening?    I am a level 197 player.  Ranked 32.  That did not happen because I am stupid.  That happened from hard work and understanding the game.  I logged in before and after the event ended.  I have all necessary screenshots.  I kept a log of every gold mining license that I received from any source.  My accounting is extremely accurate.  I would not have even contacted support had I not been 100 percent sure.  What you are stating is that if these people in support don't ever do their job, that I will not receive my award.  You are admitting that I may never get the reward.  What is the point of the game if the prizes aren't really there?  You cannot even confirm for me that a single one of the other 49 people got their prize.

I am asking you to believe proof, and yet no one yet has even shown any interest in seeing it.  You just don't get it.  I used to run a support desk for a software firm.  You cannot be successful with this approach.  Every interaction that I have ever had with support has involved this same problem - that they have treated me like I was stupid and just don't know what I am talking about. 
    But you are saying that I will definitely hear back from support again............so, what is an acceptable time frame after which I should be concerned?  It has been since last week that I last heard from them.  After how many days does this become unacceptable?
  • But you are saying that I will definitely hear back from support again............so, what is an acceptable time frame after which I should be concerned?  It has been since last week that I last heard from them.  After how many days does this become unacceptable?

Support has been very backlogged is the only reply I ever get when asking this

I have requests in from 9-14-15 and even 2 weeks before that that have never been answered!  Over a month to over 6 weeks to reply is totally unacceptable!  Customer Service definitely needs improvement!!!!

Support has never ever given ANY indication of what we should expect in the way of turn around time for our requests.  They should have some goals and tell us!

Gavinfarms, I agree with you totally. I am a Level 178 player and have been playing since March 2014. Some of the replies I have received from support have been positively insulting!!!!  I do my part to try to help the game and help support, provide detailed info and pics too.  I am not stupid either!!!

I still suggest that you reply as I have indicated above.  Just keep sending it back telling them you have not had a reply yet and hopefully someday they will reply!

Hey @gavinfarms (US1) I really do not think it is right of you to post a PM from me in the forums. If you wanted me to answer in public, then you should have asked me here. As I told you, the support team is behind atm, and will get to your ticket. This is unfortunate, but it is also the reality we have to deal with. I sincerely doubt that anyone from our support team has called you a liar, or not accepted valid proof. There is simply no logical reason to do so if you think about it for a minute. I have been nothing but honest with you since this exchange started. I do not know if you will get the reward, and I also do not know what evidence you presented. It is not my job to make those calls, but I do know that our support team does not deny compensation without reason.

Regards,
    Stan
    I perhaps should not have included the quote from the portion of the message that came in the messaging rather than the forum.  I was, as I noted getting multiple requests to keep it public, so that others could follow this crisis.  I did not see it as substantively different in any way, and thus did not see it as consequential.  It was nonetheless inappropriate from an etiquette sense, and I will not do that in the future.

Back to the topic.  You are asking me to believe that support will not act as they have in the past.  All I know is how they have treated me in the past.  In the past, this is what has always happened.  Let me give you a timeline of every support interaction that I have ever had, as they have all been exactly the same:

Prerequisite - I have never contacted support on issue where I was less than 100 percent certain.  I have never contacted them because I was 90 percent sure of anything - only when I knew I was correct beyond all doubt.

Step 1.  I submit a ticket.
    2.  They reply (many days later).
    3.  I then reply to the email with answers to any questions that they raise.
    4.  They then reply to that, and there is perhaps several emails back and forth.  This usually happens quite quickly (less than a day between any email - time zone differences obviously apply).
    5.  Then they suggest that I am confused and just don't understand.  From this point, I usually never hear from them again.

Note:  Not once has support ever concluded that I was correct.....Not once.  And I like a fair game.  It in no way interests me to try to cheat you out of some small something here or there.

Because this is what support has done to me every time, I hardly ever contact them anymore.  Given that this crisis is so clear and obvious, I was willing to believe you that they would actually resolve it.  After all, I agree that you have no reason to not award the prizes as advertised.  However, I am now on step 5.  Last week they responded after more than a week.  There were then a few back and forths, at which point, they accused me of not knowing the difference between a certificate and gold license.  They have not asked for one single thing to help them along, and now I have not heard from them in 6 days.  If the past is any guide whatsoever, then I will never hear from them again. 

I believe in judging people on what they actually do, not what they say.  And that only leaves me the conclusion that I will never receive the gold mining license that I earned from the NoPain event.  I am also extremely optimistic by nature.  I have resisted criticizing GGS in the past when others have urged me to, and have defended GGS on occasion, to the point where other players have, at times, suggested I was a GGS "apologist."  But this is a fundamental violation of the game in the most basic way.  It must be corrected to believe anything in the game matters, ever.

I also understand an additional predicament.  It would be much easier for GGS to shrug this off if I was one of those players (as most are) who don't know how many gold licenses they have at any given moment.  But I am not.  I understood that this was a new update to NoPain and was thus untested on the end users.  I had zero gold licenses the week before, so I kept a detailed log of every license coming in and every one being used in the mine.  So unlike almost all other users, I have a very real and definitive way to know that I in fact did not receive this license.

They suggested that because I had licenses that I must have received it.  This is absurd.  On Payday, if you still have money in your pocket from some other source, your employer cannot simply say, well you have money, so it must have been from us.

So, in conclusion, any pessimism that I have that GGS will ever stand by the rules of the Game, was planted by the repeated failure of GGS support.

But you are saying that I will definitely hear back from support again............so, what is an acceptable time frame after which I should be concerned?  It has been since last week that I last heard from them.  After how many days does this become unacceptable?
    As I asked before........After how many days should I be concerned?
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    The new Halloween horizons are way to much GOLD!
    None for farm dollars...

How can GGS find this acceptable?
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 23.10.2015
       I'm very disappointed that there wasn't at least one Halloween skyline available for dollars. Excuse me, but don't they realize that younger players don't usually buy gold? No spooky sky for them!
    So the kids get left out of some of the Halloween fun? Why? Not enough real cash? Sheesh!

Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
  • gavinfarms
    I am so sorry to read about the turmoil you are going thru.  What a nightmare for you.  As I read thru your posts I couldn't help but think what about all those players who may not be as meticulous as you and how they are probably totally disregarded with no way of even trying to prove their complaint.
    Not that having proof matters as per your posts! What type of substantiation do they want? What other info can you give them-- seems that you have covered all the bases?!
    Things have certainly changed for sure-- way back when I had issue with the gold mine and disappearing gold and I have to admit they did rectify it in a decent timely fashion.  However, after following your postings and responses, I have my doubts now about they would handle an issue if one to occur.
    Hope it all works out for you!
  • I too am offering my full support for Gavin!

GGS does not have a good record of doing the right thing. One of my co-op mates had to fight to get support to do the right thing. Apparently, this means GGS has to be hounded daily. It isn't right that the game has so many bugs and each gold purchase allows GGS company to think it is okay to keep doing what they are doing. There may be new stuff regularly, but there are still problems and unresolved issues.

But it is very unethical to have support for any company if the only resolution is to ignore their customers 90% of the time. I think the problem is that most people get frustrated and give up. So, that's just another win for GGS. They seem to just want people to go away. From what I have heard from other players, that is what they do, go away because they aren't able to get the help they should from support. 

And yet, people keep buying into this unethical treatment. We buy gold and even drag our friends into this game. All it does is allow GGS to keep believing that no matter how incorrect or unethical their actions, people will continue to make them rich.

There are resources that consumers can use, if players feel they are not treated in a satisfactory way by a company. GGS will continue to rebuff their customers in many different ways. Because they CAN, and can do so and still make a huge profit because it is ultimately up to the players to decide whether they have had enough. Until then, all existing and future players will get the same treatment from GGS because they have obviously perfected many ways of giving their customers the brush off.

I hope GGS will do the right thing for you Gavin, but I am just taking notes here, as I've seen this over and over since I started playing BUG Farm. I'm not happy giving more of my money to a company that refuses to do the right thing. It isn't just about the words, their actions also show how much they value their player's wallets much more than the players. The only resolution will be for GGS' benefit if you don't continue to fight it. Too many give up and it has a domino effect for future problems that players may have.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
       I'm very disappointed that there wasn't at least one Halloween skyline available for dollars. Excuse me, but don't they realize that younger players don't usually buy gold? No spooky farm for them!
    So the kids get left out of some of the Halloween fun? Why? Not enough real cash? Sheesh!

I posted in another thread about this, in response to a post by Craftycritters.  I tried to copy and paste but it just kept coming up as a blank pic, but the gist of the post is as follows.

I too was hoping for a non-gold Halloween background.  A simple night sky with bats and witches would have been good to add a spooky feel to our farms.

I have a suggestion.  How about making simple backgrounds - such as I suggested above - which we can purchase for farm cash, with the option of buying add-ons for gold, which we can buy as and when we have the funds.  This would allow the majority of players to take part in these special seasonal events. 

I keep asking one simple question.  How long is too long for an answer?  It is a week now since their last response.  There is no reason GGS can't say how long is too long.  Popeye, I thought you would comment after my long detail of what GGS has done.  The NoPain event has started again.  It is becoming more and more clear, that I will never receive the award I earned during the NoPain event.  And, no one has met even the minimal standard suggested by Popeye.
    Hey man, I can understand your frustration in regards to how long it is taking them to respond. The fact is they are currently overwhelmed with tickets due to some issues in our other games, but they are just about caught up after working extremely hard recently. I had a look at your ticket, and I have to say I do not see anything wrong with the way dealt with outside of the amount of time it took for you to get an answer. I see that the agent has now responded to you. As it turns out, you were never supposed to receive the license as you stated. This was the reward for finishing in place 6 - 50. You finished in 2nd place, and were therefore awarded the harvest festival boxes. I will say the agent should have led with this information as it would have ended the issue a whole lot sooner. I do apologize that you had to wait so long for a response.

Regards,
    Stan
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    edited 23.10.2015
    CM Popeye said:
    Hey man, I can understand your frustration in regards to how long it is taking them to respond. The fact is they are currently overwhelmed with tickets due to some issues in our other games, but they are just about caught up after working extremely hard recently. I had a look at your ticket, and I have to say I do not see anything wrong with the way dealt with outside of the amount of time it took for you to get an answer. I see that the agent has now responded to you. As it turns out, you were never supposed to receive the license as you stated. This was the reward for finishing in place 6 - 50. You finished in 2nd place, and were therefore awarded the harvest festival boxes. I will say the agent should have led with this information as it would have ended the issue a whole lot sooner. I do apologize that you had to wait so long for a response.

Regards,
    Stan
    Suggestion...
    I have heard this many times before, Since Support seems to be so overwhelmed with tickets, maybe GGS should assign support staff/workers to each game or fix the problems that are causing the tickets in the first!!!

Now can we get back on topic...Sky is the Limit.
  • Alisha27 (INT1)Alisha27 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 102
    edited 23.10.2015
    i completely agree with farmer john...one of the backgrounds is has castle n pirateship...like i imagined, also gave it as a suggestion on skylines...so i jumped with excitement....then i jumped back on seeing the price... :( ...i dont buy that much gold and when i do i do it with boku....how can i even think about that much gold...no fair....
    plz tell me that bf is playing a halloween prank with us...and that its actually available for dollars.. :neutral: 
       I'm very disappointed that there wasn't at least one Halloween skyline available for dollars. Excuse me, but don't they realize that younger players don't usually buy gold? No spooky farm for them!
  •    I'm very disappointed that there wasn't at least one Halloween skyline available for dollars. Excuse me, but don't they realize that younger players don't usually buy gold? No spooky farm for them!

Yes, I agree, not nice to leave the kids out on Halloween!!!!!  Little kids and the big kids like me who can't afford to buy a lot of gold-takes way too much to buy them! LOL  Should have had at least one available without gold!  Or some kind of even where we could win one! 

Naughty and Nice could use something with farm dollars too!  It's really a shame to leave some of the players out, since there is no other option than gold.

I hope GGS won't be such a Scrouge for Christmas! 

Maybe the Halloween GGS Scrouge will find a heart and add a landscape for all to enjoy!  Come on GGS, play nice!

If you want us players to buy more gold, then, treat ALL players fairly, fix the bugs and put in something to keep our gold safe, so we can't "accidentally" spend it!  Since you are either unwilling or don't know how to do this.  Here's another suggestion! How about a bank vault for us to keep our gold in until we want to take some out for the game? All purchased and in game gold would go into our vault. Kind of like we do for the Island and Candy Farm Events-we transfer farm dollars to the Islands/Candy Farm. We could keep all our gold safe in our bank vault and then transfer out only what we need/want to spend on the game, or have available for immediate use at that time. We could transfer it from the bank vault to where our gold shows now-to be spent anytime.  How about it GGS?  That should not be so hard, considering you already have similar programming for the Islands/Candy farm. I'm on a VERY tight limited income, if I do save up and buy some gold, I want to use it for it's intended purpose and not "accidentally" lose it.  I cannot afford any unintentional losses!!! I've already done that in the game, no matter how hard I try not to, it sometimes happens.  Surely there is something better that you can do to safeguard our gold!  I'm sure it would increase your gold sales a whole lot too.

Sign In to comment.