Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sep 22nd - Mushroom Search - Discussion

1810»

Comments

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    what are they going to do about it?
    Seems nothing.   Nothing at all.   NO answers, not even a forum admin chiming in here.

Nice GG.    Real nice.
  • what are they going to do about it?
    Seems nothing.   Nothing at all.   NO answers, not even a forum admin chiming in here.

Nice GG.    Real nice.
    It is the weekend, and I did mention through the week that nothing would be done until After the weekend, and by then something else will have started.  Ive been reading through the posts and I did have some problems on the last day, i checked the main section, said day 10 etc, i looked and there was NOT one mushroom at all on the farm, later on I checked and they had appeared ! 
  • edited 04.10.2015

Interesting
  • edited 04.10.2015

.Please refer to my posts in this thread on 10-2-15.

I still do not understand why the timer issues with this event were not fixed BEFORE it came out this time!  We certainly had major discussions about it with the first hunt for Easter eggs and again for the Candy hunt.  There were also posts about it being short on time this time around BEFORE the event ended, plenty of time to fix it before the even ended!  We love the hunts, but why keep issuing them with the same bugs--last day being shortened?  GGS WHY DIDN'T YOU LISTEN TO US- 3 TIMES NOW!!!! AND FIX THIS PROBLEM!!??  Yes, I finished it anyway, because I had the experience with the game that told me to beware and complete it fast on the last day because of the past problems AND because players early on were telling of the time problems right from the start!  But, there are many other players without that ecperience and many who do not even read the Forums.  Very unfair and inconsiderate to the players GGS!!!
    As I said in prior posts on the other 2 events. Events that run a certain number of  "days" should begin and end with a number of full 24 hours days.  Since the game runs on GGS time, it would be nice if it started at midnight GGS time on a certain day and ended at midnight too.  Here in the USA, GGS time is 9 hours ahead of our California, Pacific Standard Time (PST).  Whatever times the "day" is to be from, make it a full 24 hour day, would be nice to know the time for the 24 hours too.
      So, also, why the "no comment" from the CM's about this?
    What IS GGS going to do about it for all the players who worked for hard for 9 1/2 days and then came up short due to GGS's errors?  I think everyone should be given the DECO!!!!

P.S.  I still cannot get in to support to send in any requests, still getting the same error tonight as in my post on 10-2-15.  AND the movies are misbehaving too!!!  When I run 4 of them, sometimes less, I then get a blank screen--the movie frame one that is all beige colored, and has nothing written on it. Nothing happens after several minutes, so I have to close the screen.  After I do that NO MORE MOVIES!!!  log out, clear cashes, reboot, change browsers, etc. and still only a white screen where the movies are in the Bazaar area. Can't reach support, so nothing to do but wait, and if I'm lucky they may appear after many hours, but then the same thing happens!

I am also really upset with Support, for past replies and a current one that I was trying to help a fellow player with when they could not get in to support and I could (several days ago now)  Experienced players in this game know all about clearing the cashes, changing browsers, being sure all our programs are up to date, rebooting the computer, logging on and out, etc.  I understand that support may not know that I am experienced and I already know this. BUT, EVEN WHEN I VERY CLEARLY TELL SUPPORT, THAT I HAVE THE NEWEST VERSION OF ADOBE FLASH, IE AND GOOGLE CHROME, THAT I HAVE TRIED LOGGING OUT, AND BACK IN, HAVE CLEARED CASHES, TRIED CHANGING BROWSERS, REBOOTED THE COMPUTER, ETC. I STILL GET THE SAME REPLY FROM THEM TO DO THIS---WHAT I HAVE ALREADY DONE!!!-- AND CLEARLY TOLD THEM THAT I HAVE DONE IT TOO!!!  Come on support, I go to a whole lot of trouble when I request help from support, to provide a very detailed description along with screen prints as is appropriate. I try to do as much as I can to help you fix the problems in the game!!  STOP INSULTING ME BY NOT READING ALL OF MY REQUEST!!!!!  STOP TELLING ME TO DO WHAT I HAVE ALREADY TOLD YOU I HAVE DONE!!!!  :angry: 

Maybe if I start off my support requests, with this info, they will stop telling me to do what I have alredy told them I have done!!!

Dear Support,

Before I describe my problem to you, I find it necessary to inform you of the following facts.  I am an experienced computer operator of 45 yrs., troubleshooter, and trainer.  I have been playing Big Farm since March-April 2014.  To try to fix the problem I am about to tell you about, I have checked that all of my programs, i.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Adobe Flash are up to date and they are.  I am running Windows 8.1 as my operating system. My internet signal is fast, strong and consistent. Maintenance tasks and virus checks, etc. are routinely done with no problems being identified currently. I am not having any problems with my computer on any other programs, except Big Farm. I have tried rebooting my router.  I have cleared both my flash and browser cashes. I have logged out and back in to the game. I have cleared all cashes, totally shut down and rebooted my computer and tried again.  There has been no improvement in my problem from doing this.  I am putting this at the beginning of my request because when I put it in other information, or no matter where I put it, support often comes back and tell me to do what I have already told you that I have done!!!!  Please do not insult me by doing this!!!  Thank You

Now, here is my problem….

Post edited by Craftycritters (US1) on
    To CraftyCritters, (not going to quote your entire post.)    I FULLY understand your frustration with support.   I get the exact same thing on the rare occasion I have to contact yahoo for some glitch in the email. Always I get back how to fix MY END.  Even once when I have three separate email accounts and only one was messed up.  Same computer, same browser, same cookies, same same same.  Two work fine one doesn't.  NOT my end.  Had to be their end and still I had to go no less than 16 rounds with support before it gets "escalated" to someone with half a brain who finally figures out oh, we have a glitch.  YA THINK?

Further,  my daughter is a computer programer.  She tells me this is quite common among programers.   No one keeps good documentation on what they are doing and how they are doing it.  So when one person leaves, and they hire replacements, the new people want to do their own thing and no one quite understands what was done before.    

Kinda looks like this game doesn't it?   It's my guess, (and granted, only a guess) that GG hires mostly interns or beginning level computer people.   Who do "cool things" then move on.  Leaving their assortment of bugs and glitches for the next batch of interns who all want to do their own cool things.
    Yes this is just a guess but she tells me this is quite common.   And until companies put something in their contract that before you can leave, you have to either get your programs cleared as done and glitch free, and/or leave good documentation as to exactly how they were programmed so someone else can step in and fix bugs.  
    Yea that will happen soon.    NOT.  
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Hey everyone, I have talked to the game experts, and they have informed me that events start and stop at the same time on every server. This means it is not possible for any servers to have less time in an event, but does leave some at a bit of a disadvantage in regards to when it begins in your timezone.

The issue withe sending in tickets to support has been fixed, so feel free to contact them if you have any issues at all.

Kind regards,
    Stan
    Ok, um NO!!!!!!   They do NOT start at the same time on every server.   I don't know what planet these people are on but they do not.  The daily tasks don't start at the same time either.  

Now when you say the same time....   Do you mean the same HOUR on a clock?   If that's the case they don't all actually start at the same time do they?   Think about that.  It's not the same hour around the globe.

Saying they start at the "same time" would mean that it may start at 1am somewhere, while it's 2am somewhere else and like that.  I really do wish everything started and stopped at "the same time."  Even if on my clock that might be 2am.   At least if you have three farms it would all be consistent.  A 24 hour event would still mean it could be done.  But with three farms, I have to check at various times just to see if they are started, ending, or what ever.   

Now... I don't know why, but ONE of my farms got the prize for finishing even though all three had the event ended before I could get to day 10.

I think folks there are very confused.   
  • Jenni 1 (AU1)Jenni 1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151

I agree with Artmaker - they did not start at the same time on all servers. 

On my Australian farm the "new day" for the mushrooms started at 8.00a.m. (Australian Eastern Standard Time)

On my US farm it started at 2.00p.m. (AEST)

However the event finished at the same time on both servers. 

• edited 06.10.2015
    CM Popeye said:
    Hey everyone, I have talked to the game experts, and they have informed me that events start and stop at the same time on every server. This means it is not possible for any servers to have less time in an event, but does leave some at a bit of a disadvantage in regards to when it begins in your timezone.

The issue withe sending in tickets to support has been fixed, so feel free to contact them if you have any issues at all.

Kind regards,
    Stan
     Popeye, Please take a look at my post in this thread on pg 7, 4th one down, 10-2-15.  It is very clear that the Mushroom event time was short about 13 hours!!!!  While this was on the US1 server, it would apply to ALL GGS SERVERS FOR BIG FARM!!

Events start and end at the same GERMAN TIME on all servers.  Not the same local time on each server. 

The Big Farm Game runs on German time, no matter which server you are on.  I don't have a problem with this, since I am aware of this and can make adjustments for my individual time zone as needed.

I am in California, USA, on Pacific Standard Time.  The East Coast USA-New York, Florida, etc. is on Eastern Time and is 3 hours ahead of us in California.  Then, in the USA we have Mountain Time, Central time, (13 different time zones in the USA-according to an online map), and Daylight Savings time too.  GGS - German time is 9 hours ahead of us!  We have different time zones in the USA and all over the world.  It would be a serving/programming nightmare to try to have a server for every time zone in the world and start everything at the same local time.  Then I would have Co-op members all starting things at different times!  When traveling and flying, you take off and land at the local times!  Many businesses we deal with in California are on the east coast on Eastern time.  We all make adjustments every day for time zones.  

Latten often tells us what time updates will be in GGS-German time (CEST). Then, I  figure out what time that will be for me, no problem, I get used to  it.  

I think that the concern from many is that we do not know the GGS-German Date and the  GGS -German Time an event is going to start.  Then, people are upset when they wake up and find that an event has already started.  It really does not make much difference though, because then while I am asleep, others will be playing.  You can keep an eye on the Bazaar area and when other events are ending and there is empty space, new ones will start. GGS does tell us 2 days in advance when the Co-op Challenge will start.  I do not think that GGS will ever tell us the starting time for all events. You just have to log on and look.  We all have the same amount of time for all the events. (Thee was a GGS Error in the Mushroom hunt that ended the event 13 hours early! this was very unfair to the players.) 

The timers are confusing for many too.  They say for example right at the start for a 10 day event, as soon as it is 1 second less than 10 days the timer will say ~ 9 Days.    ~9 Days are confusing for many, because they mean that the time left is anything less than 10 days, but more than 9 days. To get the exact number of hours, min, sec., you have to hover over the timer.

The Daily Login Bonus and the Dog, reset at Midnight GGS time, (which is 3PM PST the day before for us).  The daily tasks, and videos, come at  6am GGS time, (which is 9pm the night before PST).  Just keep an eye on things and you will learn the times for some things. 

*****The problem with trying to send in a report to GGS is NOT FIXED on the US1 server as of 10-6-15 at 1:02 AM.  Here is what I have been getting ever since 10-2-15 and just made this screen print with the time and date on it for you now.  So, yes, when I cannot reach support for days and am having problems, I have issues!  
    :D    So, Popeye, please tell Support, the Support screans are not working!  I still cannot reach them!!!!! They have given you wrong information!

-------------------------------------------------

Artmaker, saw your post above.  Yes, that could be part of the problem too. Sometimes the hardest part is getting Support to listen to you.  LOL

• Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    The mushroom event started on Sep 23rd, 07:00am CET and went till Oct 2nd, 05:00pm CET. While this isn't an exact day - you're absolutely right on that, and I will talk to the people responsible - I can assure you that this time was the case for all servers. We didn't start nor end the event on different, seperate timings on the US server, or any other server for that matter.
  • edited 06.10.2015
    Latten said:
    The mushroom event started on Sep 23rd, 07:00am CET and went till Oct 2nd, 05:00pm CET. While this isn't an exact day - you're absolutely right on that, and I will talk to the people responsible - I can assure you that this time was the case for all servers. We didn't start nor end the event on different, seperate timings on the US server, or any other server for that matter.
    Thanks Latten, <3:)<3
    That's exactly what I have been saying. 

By your Official times for the Mushroom Event, Sept. 23 7am CET to Oct 2 5PM CET = 9days 10 hours.  So the Mushroom Event was 14 hours short on the last day!  Players did not have a chance to complete the "10 day" Mushroom event because GGS cheated them of 14 hours of playing time on the last day.  :/

So.......shouldn't players who had 90 Mushrooms at the beginning of the last day be compensated by giving them the Deco, since they were shorted 14 hours of time to find the last 10 mushrooms?  That would be fair wouldn't it?  And something should be done about the recipe book pages too, for those who were close to finishing at least, and did not have the remaining 14 hours to do so for.  :'(

Can this be fixed so we get the full 10 days in the next hunt please? We told them about this problem for the Egg and Candy Hunts, so I would hope that the 4th time around that they would get the time right.   :anguished: 

I love the hunts!!!!  In fact I miss them when they are done!!  I can't wait for all the Halloween Fun and for the ghosts to visit my farm on Halloween Night!   OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH   BOO!  LOL  :)

Thank You, Your're the Greatest Latten! Always helping us out!  <3:)<3

P.S.  My support screens show the normal form now, won't have time to try it till I get home later, but looks good!   :)

**I would suggest that players who were not able to finish the Mushroom Eventbecause of the time shortage, send a request to Support and request that they get the Decos.

*** Latten, are they going to be able to number our posts to make it easier to reference them, please? :smile: 

• Hi All, I'm just a bit surprised that no one has commented on my post above over the last 2 days. :confused:  There have been so many bugs recently, I'm wondering if the Forum is even showing that there is a new post here.  :cold_sweat:  So, I'm posting one, to see how it shows up, just in case. I'm hoping to get the info out to those who may have been affected by the time shortage in the Mushroom Event.  Happy Farming! :wink:  :smile: 
  • NafaruNafaru Posts: 3,047
    Don't worry, your message got through, was read and your feedback passed on to the developers. 

As mentioned several times before, we're unfortunately a little restricted when it comes to matching event starting and end times for players across the planet as events timings are the same on every server worldwide. 

In order to improve the situation a little, we have decided to pick starting and end times that should be convenient enough for most time zones to not have either the daily reset or start/end of the event happening in the middle of the night, so that everyone has a chance to get all mushrooms by either checking in in the morning/evening of the last day. 

Of course there is still room to optimize this with our planned function to start events independently for different servers. But this will still take some time to be implemented. 

• I got the stump a few mins. ago so they must have given me credit for the missing shrooms.

I'm glad to hear that leelee.  Since they shortened the time, I think that this is the only way to be fair to the players.  Glad to see that they thought so to. :
  • leelee (US1)leelee (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    Thank you Craftycritters
  • That missing 13 hours is exactly what I have been saying all along. And that's just based on the discrepancy between the two event timers. That doesn't account for the extra shortage of time on the countdown timer from when the event actually started as opposed to when the countdown started. The event started with time already off the clock, which shorts us more than those 13 hours.

I also stayed up until 11pm (Central US) when the new mushrooms appeared and found them all giving me the full 100 and the deco.

I have a co-op member that was able to find the last hidden mushrooms this morning, but would have needed just a couple more hours to get the rest of the harvest drop recipe pages, thus if we hadn't been shorted the missing time she would have found them all and had the Cottage. It's sad all the time that she has put into the game the last couple years, and during this event, and because she had to work later one night she is cheated out of a special (possibly never to be offered again) decoration due to a timer error that GG has ignored after repeated pleas from their players. Even if they didn't want to take us at our word without investigating first, they could have at least given our multiple cries for help a temporary benefit-of-the-doubt and adjusted the timer a few hours...what would it have hurt them? Players would still have to do the work to find all required items, they wouldn't have given anything away for free.

I wonder if the US server is the only one that had the problem, or if others did as well. I have no way of knowing since I only have an account on the US server. I would have thought GG would want to keep the players on one of their largest servers a little happier by listening to them when they prove to them there is a problem with part of the game. We may not all be programmers, but it doesn't take a programmer to see this problem exists. They should realize by now that their programmers can (and do) make mistakes, and that a lot of us that play this game are equally or more intelligent than they are, including some programmers. One of my past co-op members is a surgeon who likes to play on his free time to relax...I wouldn't exactly consider him to be unintelligent because he likes playing a farm game. When we say there is a problem and back it up with evidence, including screen shots and proofed calculations, a priority should be given to the matter to resolve it, especially when it is time sensitive such as this one was. GG should be glad for us to help them debug the game, they may never find these problems if we don't point them out; don't ignore them because you have to admit you messed up.

Yes, the time shortage for the Mushroom and Recipe Pages would have been on all GGS servers, because they all operate on GGS-German time.

I would recommend that anyone that did not finish finding all  the Mushrooms or recipe pages, send a request to support and explain their situation..  On page 2 of this thread, the 2nd post up from the bottom, I have a post that clearly shows the time problem that they are welcome to copy or/and take a screen shot of and send in with their request.  Again, all servers would have had this same problem. 

Also, don't forget that the timers on Big Farm are often difficult for new players to understand.  When a 10 day event starts, as soon as 1 second or less has passed, the timer will IMMEDIATELY say ~9 days because that means anything less than 10 days and more than 9 days.  You have to put your cursor over it to see the hours, etc, left and then do the math to figure it all out.  Most new people take the ~9 days to mean that there are 9 days left, thinking that they have missed a day right from the start and that is not the case.  These timers have caused a lot of confusion in the past.  I hope that GGS is looking into a new timer format for the future.

Yes, we all try to alert GGS to problems in the game ASAP along with the documentation to support our observations. I do not think that they are totally ignored, just takes longer than we would like for resolution to occur.  GSS has made some efforts in the recent past with the 1st. Candy Farm and then with the Market as well, to correct some problems more timely that they have in the past.  I was hoping that they would do the same for this, as I believe that adding the appropriate time would have been an easy thing to do 9 and it had been wrong on 2 prior hunts as well.  I guess all that is and was going on then preventing them from doing it.  I still would like to see something official sent out as to their position for helping the players who failed to complete the event because of their error.

I also think that the forum is the best place to alert them to the urgent problems because support gets so backlogged that by the time they get to my request, the event is over and it's too late for me.

When Latten started the end of Sept./Oct. problem thread, I thought that was very good.  Kind of a place for all of us to post one big support request all at once.   Perhaps something like this might be used again in the future for a specific problem.  IMO it would help support to process it quicker. I do not know what others do, but I try to be responsible and if my support request has been solved, I do send a note to support-reply to the automated reply, telling them that I have resolved the issue and to please cancel my request.  I am not happy when they just dump the requests back to me because they have gotten so backlogged. I the GGS news at their website, I was linked to an article there that told of many additional employees being hired for them. I do not know how they are structured, but I would hope that they have dedicated support reps. for each of their games, that really know the game.  With the added staff, hopefully we can see some better turn around time from support.

When we login to the game, the news shows the present and future news.  I would like to see something right there for messages from GGS to players.  Even is it just says-important message for players, click here and takes them to a link in the forum.    For something, like Latten's Sept/Oct. thread, or a problem that is known that we are all having with a new update, all of the "support" request comments could be put there, making easier for GGS support to reply to all players through the CM's and preventing a huge influx of support requests.  Once the problem is resolved, that would be announced, then if anyone was still having problems-and others were not an individual support request could be done.  It might bring more players to the forums too.

****Somehow, this did not post when I wrote it, so posting it now-late but may be useful to someone.

• I'm missing one and can't find it!!!!!! Any suggestions?
  • amyk (US1)amyk (US1) Posts: 1,201
    I'm missing one and can't find it!!!!!! Any suggestions?
    I just saw this comment by RunsWivScissors on the English forum...  "Watch out for the orange mushroom on the orange bench in the horse ranch, that is one sneaky lil shroom!!"  

• ezboorman (GB1)ezboorman (GB1) GB1 Posts: 12

The mushrooms will be tricky to find - candies & eggs were bright, most mushrooms are brown, yellowish - more blending with the enviro.  It will be funny - when you can find shrooms growing on your lighthouse, lol - sure sign of that place needs a reno hhahahahaaaa.....  Pages will be similar to "save piglets or flag events, I believe so - harvesting your fields, orchards & stables will give you those ?? 

well - good way to pass the time, while you doing missions now :)) good luck all - hope this starts tonight with the new login day !!!

Candles? Eggs? I haven't been invited to either of these. Why are the mushrooms SO hard to find? I have poor eyesight and find it almost impossible. I borrowed a friend's magnifying glass and from 2 inches from the screen, have only just discovered that, what I thought were mushrooms (I thought they were just leaves to start with), are actually owls and cats amongst other things. I rate the disability accessibility on the game as ZERO.
    Does anyone else have accessibility issues with this game?
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 25.08.2017

ezboorman (GB1) said:

Candles? Eggs? I haven't been invited to either of these. Why are the mushrooms SO hard to find? I have poor eyesight and find it almost impossible. I borrowed a friend's magnifying glass and from 2 inches from the screen, have only just discovered that, what I thought were mushrooms (I thought they were just leaves to start with), are actually owls and cats amongst other things. I rate the disability accessibility on the game as ZERO.
    Does anyone else have accessibility issues with this game?

@ezboorman (GB1)  The candle and egg searches were both holiday hunts. Candles for Halloween and eggs for Easter. Also candies for the lead up to the Candy farm. Like you, I have a lot of trouble finding the mushrooms. Blame it on old age.  :p
    What you might try to help in your mushroom hunting is to change the zoom setting on the browser you're using. Just google it asking how to do that for your particular browser. Good Luck! :)  
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    I hook my pc to my big screen tv with an hdmi cable and find them that way.
Sign In to comment.