Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestions for new forum

Comments

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    I second this! THX Jess for mentioning it! :+1: 
  • Would it be possible to create another category up there with FAQs and Tutorials and Players ask Players for the MTDT threads? Since the questions, suggestions, praise & criticism are all under General Discussion now it may make finding these threads a bit easier. I know the Mods pin the necessary thread for each event to the top during that event but what about the others such as the architect?

I know we can bookmark the threads. I was just thinking about players who may have a harder time finding things and haven't learned the new forum well yet. :)

I second this! THX Jess for mentioning it! :+1: 

Hi Jess & Jiesta,

We have added a "Most Discussed Topics" section to see how that works out. 
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    That's awesome Wabbit! Thank you! :)
    Much appreciated Wabbit! THANKS!  :)
  • !!!_396723 (GB1)!!!_396723 (GB1) Posts: 253
    edited 26.09.2015
    On several occasions on this EN forum I have seen the 'Who is online' message written in French, German, and whatever 'Kdo je online' is (Google translate says it is Czech).

Edit: and 'Кто сейчас на сайте?'

Post edited by !!!_396723 (GB1) on
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    We have added a "Most Discussed Topics" section to see how that works out. 
    I think it's highly useful, I use it literally daily. At the risk of getting my head chopped off, I would like to suggest if the Games Lounge could be separated out of the "Recent discussions" page? Many players are highly active there and the Games Lounge keeps bumping down the other threads and sometimes makes it a tad more difficult to check up on them. Just poking the idea into the sand to see if anyone else has had similar thoughts.. otherwise let it wash away by the tide..

edited 04.11.2015
    I completely agree with you Michiru! In fact I was thinking of mentioning something similar myself....

Lots of serious BF players use this 'Recent Discussion Page' frequently and it would be great if we could find our way quick and easy through the different topics. But it seems as if 'the Games Lounge' is taking over that page .... and this indeed makes it difficult to check up on the more serious, really BF game related threads.

If this 'Chicken Coop' category could entirely be separated from the other categories, this would undoubtedly make the BF Farmer's life much easier!

Good suggestion @Michiru (GB1) !!
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • @Michiru (GB1)  &  @Jiesta (NL1)  I am not sure about separating the whole Chicken Coop, but I think Steffi has already tried to stop the games appearing on the "Recent" list & it didn`t work. I will see if she has come up with a plan B for this issue.
    Cheers for looking into this @WascallyWabbit!

I'd like to suggest a function that somehow would make the CM's posts REALLY stand out, maybe even allow us with a single click to just jump to the next CM answer in a very long thread.... For example in the case of the santa wishlist thread, it would really help getting straight to the answers instead of spending a lot of time scrolling through 60odd posts every day.
    How wonderful would it be, to be able to focus right in on calm useful info amongst raining chaos and complaints...

I completely agree with @Michiru (GB1) , brilliant suggestion!
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515

I agree with Michiru as well!

Also, is it possible to have all notifications for the same thread kinda merge together as one notification? Instead of having 30+ notifications for each person that posted in the same thread, maybe have one notification for the thread saying, Player 1, and 29 others posted in Santa's wish list (or what ever thread). For those who use Facebook, if you post something and 10 people comment on that post you'll get a notification saying, 'Someone's name' and 9 others commented on your post. Is it possible to do that here? Between this forum and the US forum, I get a lot of notifications. This morning I had close to 200 notifications (you guys were busy while I was still asleep lol). I like getting notifications about new posts but when I go through the notifications, I would rather not have to scroll through a whole page of posts for the same thread, after all, I'll see who posted once I go to the thread. I would rather see each thread showing how many new posts to shorten the list I have to go through.

Most of the time I just click on Discussions at the top to see what's new when I don't have time to go through the notifications. If someone mentions me in a post sometimes I don't see it because its buried in all those notifications. :/

• I'd like to suggest a function that somehow would make the CM's posts REALLY stand out, maybe even allow us with a single click to just jump to the next CM answer in a very long thread.... For example in the case of the santa wishlist thread, it would really help getting straight to the answers instead of spending a lot of time scrolling through 60odd posts every day.
    How wonderful would it be, to be able to focus right in on calm useful info amongst raining chaos and complaints...

@Michiru (GB1)  We are aware of this problem & agree with you. There is also an issue with some name tag titles (like poor Timo doesn`t have one :( ) & some areas of the forums where tags & signatures do not show, which make the problem even worse. All of which are on the list for improvement. 

In the meantime, for the particular example you gave, if you go to Nafaru's profile & click on "Comments" (under her profile picture) you will get a list of her posts, showing the thread title in each one, which might make it a bit easier for you to find them all. Also, if you click the thread title on any entry there, it should take you directly to that post.
    In the meantime, for the particular example you gave, if you go to Nafaru's profile & click on "Comments" (under her profile picture) you will get a list of her posts, showing the thread title in each one, which might make it a bit easier for you to find them all. Also, if you click the thread title on any entry there, it should take you directly to that post.
    Thank you so much Wabbit! Of course, simple genious, why I didn't think of that before :D Cheers <3

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Thanks from me too Wabbit. Mega useful  :smiley: 
    edited 28.01.2016
    WascallyWabbit said: Michiru (GB1) said: I'd like to suggest a function that somehow would make the CM's posts REALLY stand out, maybe even allow us with a single click to just jump to the next CM answer in a very long thread (....)
    @Michiru (GB1)  We are aware of this problem & agree with you. (...)

I just noticed that all the CM's post are now slightly darkened and are really easy to spot in a long thread or anywhere! Thank you!!!  That helps a lot! 
  • maybe a colour text function..? to write in whatever colours we want
  • And why cant we have friends on forum anymore ;

or choose signature pic  from files on our computer;

also i used to like that green online dot ;

why dont we get notifications when someone mention us like this @borana albania (INT1) and when someone comments on something on our profile ....

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 28.01.2016
    And why cant we have friends on forum anymore ;
    @borana albania - The group feature will be made available again , not sure when. :(

why dont we get notifications when someone mention us like this @borana albania (INT1) and when someone comments on something on our profile ....
    @borana albania - Check your Preferences on your profile page to make sure you have the right ones checkmarked. :)

• Thank you Farmerjohn
  • I just checked them and all the right ones were check marked but i still get no notifications for what i mentioned :confounded: 
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    I just checked them and all the right ones were check marked but i still get no notifications for what i mentioned :confounded: 
    Question: Did you click on the "Save Preferences" button after you checked the boxes?
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 29.01.2016
    @borana albania (INT1)  Test.... Did you get a notification for that? For some reason John's ones only highlighted half your name, not sure what happened there.

EDIT: Just noticed one of John's did have your full name.... I need more caffenine lol
    I always use this "way of notifying others that their name has been mentioned in a post" because I think it to be very useful ...

But I must admit that half of the time it doesn't work right. When it doesn't work properly, I can type "@" i front of a name all I want, it just won't make a hyperlink of it.
    Waht I do then is just type the whole thingy, thus with the "@" and the apostrophes and the country between brackets, etc. - by hand, as the system won't pick up on the hyperlink itself.

BUT: once it has become a hyperlink (hope I am using the right word here), the mentioned player will get notified, so that part always seem to work.
  • I would like to know what happened to the groups,
  • I would like to know what happened to the groups,
    They are coming back on the next forum update.
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    Apologies for being an ignoramus (not been on the forum very long) - what are the "groups" you mentioned above?

I've seen it mentioned before but it seems to me now, if it is indeed returning soon, that I should do something about my ignorance  ;)
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    they are several groups where if you had something else in common with someone other than playing big farm you could join and share your interests or start your own. Not sure if idea really took off, groups I am in,nothing happened other than new people joining
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    Thanks, @Lesley52 (GB1) , for the answer :)

• Thank you GGS for bringing the "GROUPS" section back to the forum. ;)
Sign In to comment.