Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Land for gold or dollars

Dorothy500 (US1)Dorothy500 (US1) US1 Posts: 66
I have been buying land with gold. I thought I would switch to dollars. Can you buy land with dollars after you begin buying with gold?
Post edited by Dorothy500 (US1) on

Comments

• DeltaOps44 (US1)DeltaOps44 (US1) Posts: 243
    edited 24.05.2015
    Yes you can, a plot of land will be available to buy at certain levels. Costs will increase as well.
  • Dorothy500 (US1)Dorothy500 (US1) US1 Posts: 66
    edited 24.05.2015
    yes the land becomes available, but only has a place to buy it with gold, does not have an option to buy with dollars. It shows what the land will cost in the future in dollar, but when you get to that level, it only allows the purchase to be made in gold.
  • DeltaOps44 (US1)DeltaOps44 (US1) Posts: 243
    edited 24.05.2015
    I have never bought land with gold and buying land with gold is not a requirement. Is the dollar amount in red or green when it shows up?

If the dollar amount is in red, then you do not have enough game money to purchase that land at that time. Save your game money and it will turn green, allowing you to buy that land.

If it is green, you should be able to buy it, if not, try clearing your internet cache completely, if that does not work, contact support or email CM Margo.
    edited 24.05.2015
    I am at level 37 and allowed to buy more land at that level. When I click on the section of land, the only way I am allowed to purchase it is to use gold. And I have way more than enough dollars to buy the land which is why I want to start using dollars. The box is shaded on the left and shows a dollar amount I will be able to purchase land for when I get to level 40 but then when I get to level 40 it will revert to only showing a figure I can buy land for with gold. At least that is the way it has been responding through the levels up until now.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 24.05.2015
    Dorothy500 wrote: »
    I am at level 37 and allowed to buy more land at that level. When I click on the section of land, the only way I am allowed to purchase it is to use gold. And I have way more than enough dollars to buy the land which is why I want to start using dollars. The box is shaded on the left and shows a dollar amount I will be able to purchase land for when I get to level 40 but then when I get to level 40 it will revert to only showing a figure I can buy land for with gold. At least that is the way it has been responding through the levels up until now.

Buying land with gold you can end up a bit ahead of the game, because when you buy them with dollars, it does make you wait (which is what tempts people to use gold). I looked at your main farm & you have 17 plots, which is correct for level 37. #18 should become available for cash on level 41 ($1,080,000).

Here is a useful spreadsheet, which might help you a bit with your planning.
    edited 24.05.2015
    Thanks FoghornLeghorn, I see how it works now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file