Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Oct 23rd - The Horse Ranch - Discussion

Comments

• Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 29.10.2014
    'After your horse is trained sufficiently, you can send it to exciting competitions against some of our Big Farm characters!','Win competitions against these three to get rewarded with cool prizes, and become one of the best horse trainers in all of Big Farm!'.

This is an official announcement.
  • UserDIgger2UserDIgger2 Posts: 62
    edited 29.10.2014
    Craftycritters; IMO When a company consistantly rolls out BUGGY things that don't work or are poorly designed in the first place, they aught to EXPECT complaints.

This horse thing has been promised for how many months now? We all had to endure the island TWICE without knowing what we were working for. now we have a horse that seems to get less and less able the more it's trained. And so far I don't see ANY point in upgrading the buildings at all. None. zilch.

Not to mention other bugs that always spring up such as assorted bugs with chat.

The coop I was in got so fractured with players just giving up on this whole game. IT was a high ranking coop and when level 90+ players up and leave, being replaced with level 6 who only join to fill some task, the thing just died. Two leaders left. I gave it a shot and finally gave up myself.

Surely they keep records of how many long time players VACATE this game when blunders are rolled out under the guise of improvements.

BETA TEST this stuff first. Find and fix the bugs. THEN roll it out.

Here'a a thought, don't even promise it until that's done.

So far the horse farm isn't worth it. The island wasn't worth it. Missions are really not worth it. I have the tractor that gives more certs almost all the way upgraded. Came in first today and got a whopping 29 certs.
    BIG WHIP. I don't see the point in that.

So I plant corn, feed the chickens, gather poop. And that's about it for me every day.
    This game had such potential and I keep waiting for all the new stuff. But every new roll out has been a disappointment.

Gathering candy now. The castle looks cool. And it's so cold and rainy out this is about all I have to do.
    Which is sad in itself.
  • pop1pop1 Posts: 341
    edited 29.10.2014
    One of the things that had me confused was/is the points left of the percentage (odds of winning). I couldn't see how this number is calculated, also there wasn't or didn't find an official explaination.

Lately, i came to believe that this number is twice the sum of all 3 skill lvls, meaning: currently i have 8 lvl for all 3 skills, 3 X 8 = 24, double the sum of it, 24 X 2 = 48, that's exaclty the number shown at the details info tab at the end of each competition.

What i would like to ask is, can you verify it from your own points ? Just to know if this is true.

The next thing that i thought, having in mind that currently we can only train up to lvl 10 for each skill, was that the max points we could reach - if my assumption is true - is 60 (3X10=30, 30X2=60 ) for the time being. My opponents' horses have reached 58, 85 and 70 points already. The few times that i win, they gain 3 to 6 points additionaly.

So comes the next question , do these opponents have a max skill lvl, as we currently have ? or they will keep leveling up ? If the latter is true, then the odds for winnings are realy bad 8|

Something that i would like also to comment is the ''odds of winning'' and the ''?'' on the opponents skill lvl stars. We only get to see the odds after the end of the competition. I cannot understand what's the point then. Or this percentage applies for the next competition ?

The questionmark on the opponents' golden stars, remains a questionmark even after the competition, even though the introductory text says we will find out afterwards. Is this a feature that will be added at a later update ?
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 29.10.2014
    Have to agree with the negativity in this thread. I've given the horse ranch a chance, trained, competed and upgraded and just cant help but think this is an extremely boring addition to the game. Feed as rewards? Gold stars and competition horseshoes so we can.......wait for it.............do more boring training, upgrades, and participate in races that consist of three rivetting sentences of commentary. I think even with animations it would be an epic fail because our work on the island, filling the ship, gathering horseshoes is rewarded with what.....feed? lol.

Players are leaving the game due to the bad run of updates, its very noticeable on the AU server. Hopefully the future updates to this horse ranch will make it a more fun and interesting experience, I just dont see it at this stage.
  • ynot (US1)ynot (US1) US1 Posts: 26
    edited 30.10.2014
    My horse is sad looking, did someone copy My Little Pony.
  • annies5annies5 Posts: 1
    edited 30.10.2014
    Just one problem. We can't earn enough normal horseshoes to do intensive training. so, what do I do? Wait for another 'update'?
  • loony_cz (INT1)loony_cz (INT1) Posts: 2,533
    edited 30.10.2014
    annies5 wrote: »
    Just one problem. We can't earn enough normal horseshoes to do intensive training. so, what do I do? Wait for another 'update'?

Just train the horse in normail training - it's better anyway, it doesn't require so many horseshoes. Yes, it's slower but more effective :)
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 30.10.2014
    I wonder what happens when cap is reached. Is all training for nothing after that or are the points saved so that when cap is lifted there is a big jump in levels? I assume it's the later, but would be nice to know for sure.

What i would like to ask is, can you verify it from your own points ? Just to know if this is true.
    For jumping my points are 43 and horse levels 7,8,7; so no. Forgot to look other competitions. But since those skills are supposed to be weighed differently you might still be on to something. It migt be something like 7*3+7*2+8. That would give me right number.
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 30.10.2014
    Ria_2 wrote: »
    I wonder what happens when cap is reached. Is all training for nothing after that or are the points saved so that when cap is lifted there is a big jump in levels? I assume it's the later, but would be nice to know for sure.

For jumping my points are 43 and horse levels 7,8,7; so no. Forgot to look other competitions. But since those skills are supposed to be weighed differently you might still be on to something. It migt be something like 7*3+7*2+8. That would give me right number.

I think you got the right formula! It works for me at least. I will check if it still works when I level up.

for jumpping : str*3+agg*2+end
    for dressage: agg*3+end*2+str
    for racing: end*3+str*2+agg
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 31.10.2014
    Craftycritters; IMO When a company consistantly rolls out BUGGY things that don't work or are poorly designed in the first place, they aught to EXPECT complaints.

This horse thing has been promised for how many months now? We all had to endure the island TWICE without knowing what we were working for. now we have a horse that seems to get less and less able the more it's trained. And so far I don't see ANY point in upgrading the buildings at all. None. zilch.

Not to mention other bugs that always spring up such as assorted bugs with chat.

The coop I was in got so fractured with players just giving up on this whole game. IT was a high ranking coop and when level 90+ players up and leave, being replaced with level 6 who only join to fill some task, the thing just died. Two leaders left. I gave it a shot and finally gave up myself.

So far the horse farm isn't worth it. The island wasn't worth it. Missions are really not worth it.

This game had such potential and I keep waiting for all the new stuff. But every new roll out has been a disappointment.

*shortened to post to the salient points (for me)*
    aaabbb1 wrote: »
    I think you got the right formula! It works for me at least. I will check if it still works when I level up.

I think eagle-owl took there to be the same number for all three categories, but I understand you figured out it's (realistically) weighted? IIRC I did have different numbers in each category. Your formula makes complete sense and isn't too complicated ...

Just by focussing on the type of training that *realistically* would make me better at e.g. racing, this did not work at all. On the contrary, I kept losing in the categories that I had the highest level in.

But for the number in the gold star it might work. I will check all three next time. The (lack of) logic behind losing seems even greater now ...

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • pop1pop1 Posts: 341
    edited 31.10.2014
    Ria_2 wrote: »
    aaabbb1 wrote: »

The last couple of days i wrote everything down and i absolutely agree with your posts :thumbup:
    Each skill level attributes 3, 2 or 1 point for different competitions, exactly as aaabbb1's formula shows. Mistery solved :)
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 31.10.2014
    When you challenge the other horses to a competition, they will level up too. I don't know how often exactly, if they level up after each competition or not, but they will. That is what's making it harder to win each time. At first I challenged each time untill I lost one, did that with all 3 and then went on training. But that made my opponents level up way too fast!
    So what I do now is challenge them between each training, but keep it at only 1 competition per competitor, wether I win or lose. They're still ahead of me, but I do win from time to time.

The intensive training in my opinion doesn't give as much 'horse xp' (yellow stars) in comparison to the normal training, so I only do maximum normal training. All my training area's are now at lvl 3.

I kinda like the horse ranch. It seems a bit simple at first, but this ís just the first stage of the updates. And we've all been looking forward to it very much, so we probably expected something totally spectacular.

I'm really happy with it and look forward to the rest of the updates! Yes, there's things that can be improved, but for me it's not bad at all yet.
  • Yon Beast (US1)Yon Beast (US1) Posts: 60
    edited 02.11.2014
    i've completed training.
    level 10 all three.

Now what? nothing opened up.

still lose more than win.
    After a win they give the odds of your winning....after!!?
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 02.11.2014
    Yon Beast wrote: »
    i've completed training.
    level 10 all three.

What should that mean?
    Is it not possible to train the horse higher than level 10?
    At the moment here, George, Lester and Tessa's horses are level 16, when my horse is level 9 in all.
    Hmmm....
  • lois larner (AU1)lois larner (AU1) Posts: 198
    edited 02.11.2014
    wow...what is your win rate....how many on average do u loose before u win a race...i have not one a race in the last 11 x 3 race events....with training in between... i just cant win one tiny race....
    is it better to just keep training without racing or race then train then race...that is what i have been doing in the hope for a win and get some gold horse shoes but i have failed totally....what did you do Yon Beast
  • fjutta (SKN1)fjutta (SKN1) Posts: 14
    edited 02.11.2014
    I don't think the horse farm is any fun. Have no idea how it works. Yeah yeah - you train and upgrade the horses to compete them. But then? Gives me some golden shoes...
    I am in the middle of everything. Have no pile of money so if i don't need the horse shoes, i don't have to spend my "not so much money" on the island because i don't need the horse shoes since the horsefarm is kind of boring.
    edited 02.11.2014
    wow...what is your win rate....how many on average do u loose before u win a race...i have not one a race in the last 11 x 3 race events....with training in between... i just cant win one tiny race....
    is it better to just keep training without racing or race then train then race...that is what i have been doing in the hope for a win and get some gold horse shoes but i have failed totally....what did you do Yon Beast

I did like my wife!...train and then race all until ya can't.
    George, Tessa and Lester show 19, 25 and 26 respectively
    I have finished training strength, endurance and agility to 10. Thats it!...can not train this horse anymore at this time. I was hoping the fourth train slot would open, but no.

I still can race and win less than 20% of the time. I have gone ten in a row losses too.

I will let the rest of the field catch up... not much choice.
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 02.11.2014
    unfortunately..... unfortunately.... unfortunately.

That's all I see. My "TRAINED" horse does worse then when it was an untrained nag.

It's just no fun at all. I don't even bother with it now.

If GG would put up a guide somewhere, or some clever player could put up a spreadsheet like the one that goes around with all the events, it would be helpful. SOME kind of guide.
    As it is now? Bah.
  • lois larner (AU1)lois larner (AU1) Posts: 198
    edited 02.11.2014
    yes well now up to 15 races x 3 events lost when i finally won one against tess...now level 9- 8- 9 in training...
    also on a side note what is will the censoring lately...i read a post then go make a cup of tea and come back and the post is gone....
    ok back to subject...if it takes for me 15 race x 3 events wining one race and getting 21 gold horseshoes how long will it take to get 240 gold shoes after waiting 4 hours in between races...Boring event....
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 03.11.2014
    If you race too much, your competitors will level up too.
    edited 03.11.2014
    yes...i think they do get stronger.
    now with nothing to train i am not sure whether to compete or not.

i am not getting stronger and the competition is!
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 03.11.2014
    The more you race, the better off you are.

If you race, 1 of 2 things happen. You lose, and nothing happens except you have to wait. OR You win. Yay!
    If you don't race, nothing happens and you wait.

The horse leveling system is based on # of wins, not % of wins. Thus. It is better to win 20 races out of 1000, than to win 19 races out of 19 in the same amount of time.

So I say, race, take your chances. You will win some!

-Y
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 03.11.2014
    Yakoska wrote: »
    The more you race, the better off you are.

If you race, 1 of 2 things happen. You lose, and nothing happens except you have to wait. OR You win. Yay!
    If you don't race, nothing happens and you wait.

The horse leveling system is based on # of wins, not % of wins. Thus. It is better to win 20 races out of 1000, than to win 19 races out of 19 in the same amount of time.

So I say, race, take your chances. You will win some!

-Y

No, I did that, and the other people are right: you race all the time, the opposition levels up so much that you can't win against them anymore. It's tempting, you think you can't lose - but you realise too late that you do. I wish I could do it all over now, but we can't because this is NOT an event.

OTOH I trained without racing and still lost. But that's because at this point - level 8s - the others are 70 to my 48 and getting stronger each time I race them, while I DON'T.

I also ran out of horseshoes despite only training in the blue.
  • Kate151Kate151 Posts: 66
    edited 04.11.2014
    On the whole I'm in favor of the horse farm. It's not an easy thing to simulate and having worked with animals all my life, I think GGS is doing better than I would have expected.

There are kinks, obviously. Animations will be an improvement when they arrive, I'm sure. But I'm mystified as to how the opponents have somehow got to about double the level of proficiency as I have in the same amount of time, going on the mystery numbers that appear in the "Details" panel after a competition.

I've just noticed that my opponent's number in Dressage was 70 and then 73 in two consecutive competitions - no time for training in between and as I won the first competition, there shouldn't have been any change, surely? My number was 57 after the competition I won and then 56 after the competition I lost!! Can't make any sense of this; and there's no way to go back and look at the numbers again either. There doesn't seem to be any way to access that number except immediately after a competition in the "Details" panel.

I also agree that we should be able to see this information before competing, instead of after.

Hopefully when we're able to compete against each other it will work better.
  • MoonionsRule (US1)MoonionsRule (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 04.11.2014
    snork2 wrote: »
    No, I did that, and the other people are right: you race all the time, the opposition levels up so much that you can't win against them anymore. It's tempting, you think you can't lose - but you realise too late that you do. I wish I could do it all over now, but we can't because this is NOT an event.

OTOH I trained without racing and still lost. But that's because at this point - level 8s - the others are 70 to my 48 and getting stronger each time I race them, while I DON'T.

I also ran out of horseshoes despite only training in the blue.

Good point Snork2 I think, when you race and you lose - the opponents horses gain experience and higher breeding level ....mind you my odds of winning are still at 52-57% depending on which discipline I choose.
    The Horse can be trained to max lvl10 ???
    Now how come , George, Tessa's Horses are higher levels (the breeding heart is at 11 or 12 hmmm)

Quick question to Latten or Nafaru,pls - will our horse breed with Tessa's ? that is how we going to get new extra horses for the ranch? will the "heart" level produce better offspring?
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 04.11.2014
    Im ready for the next update.

My training levels are 10 - 10 - 10, and Tessa, Lester and George is already level 25.

My horse doesnt want to train anymore (maximum is reached), and I only have 18% chance to win a competition now.
  • Kate151Kate151 Posts: 66
    edited 04.11.2014
    I don't think we're able to see the training levels for Tessa, Lester and George. They're hidden by "?" even in the details panel after a competition.

There are three other numbers: the number in the blue star beside each of the opponents in the competition panel; the mystery number on the details panel after a competition; and the breedability.

How they're all related isn't clear.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 04.11.2014
    Blue star levels indicate how many times you've beaten your opponent???
  • stefros (DE1)stefros (DE1) Posts: 115
    edited 04.11.2014
    The blue star shows the level of the competition. It corresponds to the times you have beaten your respective opponent minus one. ;)

I guess George, Tessa and Lester do not have a maximum level of 10 for their horses. :O)
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 04.11.2014
    Kate151 wrote: »
    I don't think we're able to see the training levels for Tessa, Lester and George. They're hidden by "?" even in the details panel after a competition.

There are three other numbers: the number in the blue star beside each of the opponents in the competition panel; the mystery number on the details panel after a competition; and the breedability.

How they're all related isn't clear.

This is how the mystery number is calculated:

And this mystery number is the one that defines your chances of wining race.
    Our cap is on 60, but oponent horses can go over this. I suppose this is going to change after next (or some other) upgrade of
    horse farm.
Sign In to comment.