Home Archives

Fishing Update: Top 3 points to optimization

CM iSacCM iSac Posts: 2,190
edited 14.10.2016 in Archives
Hey Everyone,

Share with us the 3 most important things from this update that you would like to see optimized or changed before they are implemented on our live servers in a few days. To give us a bit more time, the sooner you do it, the better! 

Thank you!

Comments

• MinionBob (GB1)MinionBob (GB1) GB1 Posts: 137
    I have just tried fishing.... when I opened the fishing tackle window and clicked on the question mark for help I just got a green screen. Is this supposed to happen? ;)
  • badianier (FR1)badianier (FR1) Posts: 838
    edited 14.10.2016
    HI, some bugs and hotfix

• Bond (SKN1)Bond (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1
    I would like more information about the fishing. Can not figure out how I can catch fish. So a better introduction would be nice.
    And after trying I get a note saying I can't use that fishing area try on another farm, I get that note on all the farms, but have only tryed to catch fish on the flowerfarm.

Thanks. :-)
  • ttt34 (INT1)ttt34 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    I cant go it to test game. I cant pres test server1 buton on test server.
  • there isnt really sufficient help on the fishing trip, ive got as far as getting the fish hooked but cant figure out how to reel him in an the tips wont change to tell me

there is also no help on how to set up the tackle box either 

• I did the fishing trip but it seems something is wrong

I clicked on the screen (specifically the fish) to reel it in, but it just kept on moving around with the string changing between green and red .. I kept clicking on the screen and fish at least 50 times if not more , but it just kept on moving around .. so I just closed the window and started over .. same thing happens.  Tried again and the same thing.  And now it says I caught all the fish in the location

And the sidebar task is not completed .. I thought I was supposed to do the fishing trip to complete the task for "learn how to fish" since the button for "show me" took me there.

Please help explain how this is supposed to work, and how to complete the  task

Thank you

• I would like more information about the fishing. Can not figure out how I can catch fish. So a better introduction would be nice.
    And after trying I get a note saying I can't use that fishing area try on another farm, I get that note on all the farms, but have only tryed to catch fish on the flowerfarm.

i only managed to start it on gourmet far as thats were i found the small pond. but have the same issue to 
  • I finally found him on all three farms, he is a little out of the way.
     I don't know if it's just my server but on the flower farm he is so close to the edge of the screen that I must collapse the right hand menu in order to click on Oleg so that he can perform tasks. I think it would be easier if he were moved to one of the shorter docks, preferably the one nearer the ship.
  • Lutari (DE1)Lutari (DE1) Posts: 4
    edited 14.10.2016
    Okay, here are my three most important things (Good job with the update btw! I thought it was just another farm and was positively surprised to see that it is actually a brand new feature). :)

1. the sound while fishing was a bit too much for me, it repeats too often and quickly becomes annoying.
    2. I now know how to fish, but there's one thing that I'd like to change from the tutorial and that is the message about reeling fish in: It would be nice if the fishing game would pause for a moment, because I accidentally reeled it in, without having enough time to read what I actually had to do.
    3. make the fishing dock a bit more obvious. You got a cool new feature, but it took me some time to find Oleg because I ignored the dock at first, thinking it was part of the decoration and not interactive. I do like how the restaurant looks, maybe there's a way to connect them a little better visually? Put some fishing equipment on the dock, a little boat, a sign with happy fish on it,etc. anything to make it stand out more.

• TheJaconline (FR1)TheJaconline (FR1) FR1 Posts: 35
    edited 18.10.2016
    pas assez d'explication et le pêcheur est trop loin, on ne le vois que si on enlève l'info sur les fermes

Google translation:
    not enough explanation and the fisherman's too far, we do not see that if we remove the info on farms

(black-.-angel)
    Post edited by black-.-angel (FormerMod) on
  • Okay, here are my three most important things (Good job with the update btw! I thought it was just another farm and was positively surprised to see that it is actually a brand new feature). :)

1. the sound while fishing was a bit too much for me, it repeats too often and quickly becomes annoying.
    2. I now know how to fish, but there's one thing that I'd like to change from the tutorial and that is the message about reeling fish in: It would be nice if the fishing game would pause for a moment, because I accidentally reeled it in, without having enough time to read what I actually had to do.
    3. make the fishing dock a bit more obvious. You got a cool new feature, but it took me some time to find Oleg because I ignored the dock at first, thinking it was part of the decoration and not interactive. I do like how the restaurant looks, maybe there's a way to connect them a little better visually? Put some fishing equipment on the dock, a little boat, a sign with happy fish on it,etc. anything to make it stand out more.

as i think your the fist to figure out how to reel it in. is there anyway you could help us by telling us how to do so lol 
  • The game crashes when you click the help button in fishing equipment, making it necessary reload the page.

• I bought all necessary fishing equipment, and it still shows I need more before I can proceed. We need a tutorial asap.
  • Ok, drop and drag which items you want to take to fish when it shows the missing items window, Maybe that needs to be spelled out as i kept buying stuff and couldn't figure out why it wasn't showing up IN the tackle box
  • I just figured out the tackle box involves dragging and dropping equipment from left to right.

• And after trying I get a note saying I can't use that fishing area try on another farm, I get that note on all the farms, but have only tryed to catch fish on the flowerfarm.

Same bug here, fishing on one farm seems to deplete fish from all farms

• cavsfan (US1)cavsfan (US1) US1 Posts: 63
    I can't log in to the test server. It keeps saying my username is invalid
  • MinionBob (GB1)MinionBob (GB1) GB1 Posts: 137

I did the fishing trip but it seems something is wrong

I clicked on the screen (specifically the fish) to reel it in, but it just kept on moving around with the string changing between green and red .. I kept clicking on the screen and fish at least 50 times if not more , but it just kept on moving around .. so I just closed the window and started over .. same thing happens.  Tried again and the same thing.  And now it says I caught all the fish in the location

And the sidebar task is not completed .. I thought I was supposed to do the fishing trip to complete the task for "learn how to fish" since the button for "show me" took me there.

Please help explain how this is supposed to work, and how to complete the  task

Thank you

I have exactly the same as this, can anyone help please or is it a bug?
  • cavsfan (US1)cavsfan (US1) US1 Posts: 63
    I can't log in to the test server. It keeps saying my username is invalid
    figured it out. My first time on a test run. Sorry
  • SANG43 (BR1)SANG43 (BR1) BR1 Posts: 57
    edited 18.10.2016
    boa tarde gostaria que vocês nos dessem dicas como fazer.é só ficar pescando robalos ????

Google translation:
    Good afternoon I would like you to give us tips on how to do is just be fishing bream ????

(black-.-angel)
  • So my line disappeared and while the pole moved to make it appear it was casting nothing else happened. I reloaded the game and now it says I've caught all the fish come back later but that's been about a 20 minutes now still has the same message.  I did successfully fish the first trip and caught all the fish this was my 2nd attempt.  Needs to be a timer to tell you when you can fish again.
  • wo und wie kann ich den Katzenwels angeln?

where and how can I catch the catfish?

• mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 14.10.2016
    1. I think this feature needs a lot more documentation, a tutorial step by step like there is in the beginning of the game learning to farm. It is kinda tricky to figure out what to do next (for knowing what to click on Oleg, for buying the gear, for placing it in the equipment, for learning how to fish, for learning how to send Oleg fishing and for learning how to get XP).

2. More documentation regarding: What is the bucket? How do I know what fishes are there? Where can I find the fishes I have caught?
    I just cannot find the fishes anywhere. I do find the fish dishes in the menu with the bakery and shop products, but the fishes are nowhere to be found... I know I have some fishes because I have caught many, but from what I see in the grayed out recipes only I got those that Oleg caught, not any of what I caught? I cannot catch any more since it says that the location is empty and to go to another farm and my bucket is not full, but where are the fishes? Is this a bug? 

Edit:
    3. How long should we wait to fish again? A timer or something of the same sort will be appreciated.
    Post edited by mia111 (GB1) on
  • The way that I caught the fish was by clicking on the fish and dragging it up toward the dock and out of the water. It took me a very long time to figure it out though as the instructions said to keep clicking your mouse which as we all know doesn't work! 

Yes, I would very much like more and clearer instructions. They are very vague and confusing at this time.

Thanks, Em :)
  • ayanami (PL1)ayanami (PL1) PL1 Posts: 7
    edited 23.10.2016
    the whole fishing business is just too confusing right now, it took me five minutes to even find that Oleg guy (the location should be more obvious imo), then I tried clicking randomly on different things connected to him to be able to figure out what to do, sent him fishing for bass and tuna, upgraded that new building next to the flower farm only to find out that I actually need some fishing experience points to do some cooking/baking

I caught some fish from the "fish tank" screen but i still don"t know how, I was just randomly clicking on the screen, is there any logic to it? can I somehow navigate the rod?? and now the location is empty and it says I should try on a different farm, BUT WHERE? :(
    Post edited by ayanami (PL1) on
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Was able to catch fish on 2 farms - now it says bucket is full and I must return to farm and unload fish.  I've returned to farms and the xp stars popped on the screen, but not sure what else I have to do.

PS - I caught them by holding the mouse button down until the fish was landed - but you have to let up if the indicator goes to red.

PPS - click on the 'fishing trip' icon to see which item(s) you need. Then click on the fishing supplies icon to buy anything you need.  Then go to the Tackle Box and drag the items needed to the right side.  Then click on fishing trip to go fishing.....
  • I only caught a fish using what's his name's fishing line by holding the mouse down and letting it go red. I have no idea how I would go about catching one if I use my own line.
  • I am to step 3.  It says start producing fishing xp in your shop. Clicked on "show me", and it shifted screen.  Looked at help and it says to go to processing tab in build menu.  My flower farm is still locked so I an guessing I can't go any further.  Fishing feels like it is going to be like the movie screen, blocks use of farms and if you close window you have to start over.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Fishing XP tab on the 'send Oleg' icon gives you the xp options.
  • micheldu13 (FR1)micheldu13 (FR1) FR1 Posts: 10
    edited 18.10.2016

bonjour

je n'ai pas compris ce qu'il faut faire avec le pécheur.

ou sont les poissons péchés?

il manque des explications

Google translation:

Hello

I have not figured out what to do with the sinner.

or are the fish caught?

it lacks explanations

(black-.-angel)

Sign In to comment.