Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Inactive players! Here are a few complaints and suggestions

Gord67Gord67 Posts: 52
I can see it says hasn't been online for 2 or more days but is there a way it can say 4 or 5 days too? I have players that were unsure of how long they have been inactive. Has it been 2, 4 , 6 maybe even 8 days?

Due to summer holidays were not sure....

Plus can we look at a sort of fine for those players who never help. We have had many players that join the cooperative but leave all the work or donating to just a few of us. Yet they benefit from our hard work, donations and research.
Post edited by Gord67 on

Comments

• Pmclerie2Pmclerie2 Posts: 3
    edited 27.08.2013
    I have seen many players that join a cooperative just to finish a task. I have seen some who never help with either research, donations or co-op projects. It just means we work even harder until they can be replaced with ones that will help. It would be kinda nice to see them get a penalty other than just being replaced. To make it fair though it would have to be set up like....If they don't help with 3 researches than they are fined as most can't help with them all. This game is built for fun and team work but some never want to be a part of the team or they don't know what team stands for.
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 27.08.2013
    People in our coop usually send a message to everyone if they are going on vacation, have work issues or won't be on a lot. It's just common sense. Real life happens and we understand that.

If people aren't donating or contributing to your research or projects, have you asked them to and they refuse to? If this is the case I would say get rid of them. But I would find out first why they aren't.
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 27.08.2013
    I would love to see this in the game ;)
    If it was--I might have whole different outlook on co-ops. There is no accountability--especially on challenges.
  • Gord67Gord67 Posts: 52
    edited 27.08.2013
    I have asked, posted it and sent messages but only the ones who work towards the co-op reply. Other than that they leave for days or weeks come back and still just do their farm. I ask them in chat and private messages but they can't even reply to any. It makes it hard when 3 work hard and the rest do as they wish.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 27.08.2013
    Just kick them out then Gord, and find yourself more active players.
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 27.08.2013
    Well Gord, then I would just delete them from your coop and find people that are willing to contribute. You have obviously made an effort to contact them. If they aren't contributing then there is no point to them even being there. Like you said they get the benefits, but don't work for it.
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 27.08.2013
    OOOh I know exactly what you mean. I won't try another co-op again. ;(
    No excuse except maybe they never noticed the PM tab alert at the bottom and never opened the chat thing for a person to not say Anything, especially when it is the leader LOL. There are lots of people that would Love to have their spot and be very active. This is my opinion ONLY or i might still be in a co-op.
  • duchessogravityduchessogravity Posts: 178
    edited 28.08.2013
    if they are not helping out, i message them i they don't reply or don't help out boot 'em.

i make a note when someoe turns orange, last seen on...if they hit 7 days without a message bye bye!
    edited 28.08.2013
    For us it depends on how well we know that person Duchess. We're a pretty close group, so when someone turns orange without a notification, we start to worry before we kick them out.
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 28.08.2013
    I agree with gwen :) my co-op and probably gwens too have people that have been together for a long time so usually the boot never comes :):)
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 28.08.2013
    For those of us who are close, we also have other ways of contacting each other outside of the co-op (e.g. Facebook, other forums, email etc.) so if for some reason someone is away without explanation, we can see if they're okay through these other means.

For people who we don't know yet, if they don't let us know that they'll be away and just don't show up or contribute to chat/donations, we send them a mail to ask them to do so (in case they don't realize that is expected of them). After that if they continue not to do so, we suggest that maybe they should find another co-op. After that, we kick them.
  • BabyRooBoo2BabyRooBoo2 Posts: 83
    edited 28.08.2013
    I thought the fine was being kicked out. Depending on the research the co-op has done, all members receive the benefits of being in the co-op. Perhaps the penalty (other than being kicked out) would be an option for the leader to withhold those benefits to the inactive players farm. However, I am not sure the player would notice the penalty. I am also of the mindset that some inactive players are not even aware of who you are when you do send messages. Sorry, I just don't think enough is done within the game to help a player understand what it means to be in a co-op. Other threads have suggestions to breakdown the various components of being a co-op member into individual tasks. Perhaps that would work...
    edited 28.08.2013
    thats what i meant jaystarr

gewndolen, dont make me sound like a monster, we're a pretty new co-op and we don't talk outside the game.
    edited 28.08.2013
    Sorry Duchess, I didn't intend to make you look like a monster, my apologies.
  • SportyGamerSportyGamer Posts: 17
    edited 29.08.2013
    Hi, I am a very new player and realize all the frustrations you have about the coop and the lack of work effort with SOME team members. I joined a coop and no one ever made contact with me except for help with a project and it was a team message. I did not feel very welcome and I really made an effort to help with the project. I was called " the little one" with no experience!! Along with the other new members too! We were laughed at for being a beginner and not knowing too much and asking questions??? Well, how do you suppose I get that experience???? How do you suppose I get answers to my question??? Isn't it my coop who should help and not ridicule??? So, this Coop thing is not always easy for new members too! I am done with it and requested I was removed so now I am no longer part of a Coop and doing much better on my own! Just my comment about this Coop business, I really dont care for it!!!
    edited 29.08.2013
    Oh Sporty, that is really a pity! I am so sorry to hear you got into such a bad coop! That's definitely not a way to treat beginners!
    Even though earlier I worded something very bad and made Duchess seem bad, we are a very warm and nice coop. All I am guilty off is throwing too much information at someone at once :)
  • Me the Great3Me the Great3 Posts: 31
    edited 29.08.2013
    I really feel for those that have had a bad time with a co op. When checking out new ones to join our co op we ask them to agree to let us know if they are going to be away for a period of time. They must agree to this to join! One of our very regular players disappeared for a extended period and we were all so worried about him (turned out to be a technical problem with his service), but it made us realize how much we care and worry about our members, so those that wanted to, shared their email and phone numbers with each other, so that we can check they are ok.
    But then, our co op feels like a family (one that gets on, haha). We have only had 1 bad experience with a player, but he left of his own accord so that was good. I wish everyone could experience what a caring co op really can feel like!!! (remembering it goes both ways)
    edited 29.08.2013
    i really am sorry you have had a bad exerience, it should not be like that! we are super info overload at our co-op too! i have to remember to back off a bit after i send introduction emails and let people settle in before flooding them with more info!
  • Bella71 (INT1)Bella71 (INT1) Posts: 79
    edited 29.08.2013
    I am a coop leader and I love helping new members by answering their questions. Like duchessogravity I also feel like I give to much info. What is the worst for me is people applying as they sound good in messages, you accept them and then you never see them online again. I send those kinds of players 3 messages, but boot them after a week.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file