Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] Ashore the new Island Farm

This is where we discuss  Ashore the new Island Farm

Comments

• CMMD (US1)CMMD (US1) US1 Posts: 35
    So I'm confused. There are 3 currencies for the island farm--dollars, shells and pearls? And some disappear and others don't? And why make it this complicated--exchange farm dollars for island dollars that earn shells that we trade for pearls? Or will the pearls which expire eventually replace the island dollars and/or shells which don't so we can no longer save up for things? And where do the shells come in? As I said, I'm confused. Please explain. Thanks.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 31.03.2022
    ALL temporary farm currencies disappear. Not some

Apples of whatever hue remain.

See below

Post edited by RosyStarling on
    I just looked back at previous comments and that is not quite the same answer, which in a couple of places said the old currencies would not disappear, and that is not what the game itself says. I understand the new pearls and lollipops will disappear when the event ends so we cannot save up to buy anything, thus making it pointless to play the farms IMHO. BUT in the game menu where it tells that those will disappear, it says nothing like that for the runestones, etc. So are those going to suddenly disappear and I should scramble and buy stuff quick whether I need it or not, or will they be phased out and replaced by the new disappearing currencies, which would be much fairer? Thanks again.
    Runestones are no longer a temporary farm currency.
    They are available in boxes only

You are correct that Runestones remain

All temporary farm currencies disappear
    Apples and Runestones remain

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    ALL temporary farm currencies disappear. Not some

Apples of whatever hue remain.
    @RosyStarling  will you please confirm this ?  ..... so far we have been told that the old currencies (seashells, runestones, vouchers) will not disappear, but now you are saying ALL will, except apples

CMMD - yes, it does seem like they're trying to phase out the old currencies & replace them with new, but it's almost like after they made that decision they realized it wouldn't be so simple (just a guess). If only they would give us a better idea what to expect maybe we wouldn't feel clueless about stuff like this, but I guess that suspense of not knowing is what they prefer, to keep us on our toes.

I was wrong

"Apples, Runestones, seashells (former island farm currency) and lottery tickets (former candy farm currency) remain for now. "
    Thank you very much, RosyStarling. I hope that is the final word. As you say, mystery and suspense seem to be the watch words, but it just results in frustration for players so I don't get why so much of the game is that way. And from what others have said, I don't think I'm the only one who is very unhappy about the whole currency change thing. What was wrong with what we had that the whole system needed to be redone? I just spent 500,000 shells to buy 250,000 pearls to get 2 special pineapple seeds. Not much incentive to play, I don't think.
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    Didn't like this change... I hope gold mystery box can be added to exchange like the candy farm. 
    I am not fond of the currency change either, especially since it is pretty much unannounced/unexplained. Frustrating, at least for me.
  • Did production times DOUBLE?
    Did bank output reduce by HALF?

Or has it always been this way and I'm comparing island farm to the Viking farm? Why does this "new" island farm feel so weak? Besides some lackluster decos, what are the improvements?
Sign In to comment.