Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - Jan 15th - Cooperative Challenge 2.0 - Discussion

Comments

• Lija (US1)Lija (US1) Posts: 10
    edited 22.01.2015
    What was it? I was third in our co-op and I got something, but the box was blank - it just said 1/1 ranking reward received - and there is nothing new in my dropbox...
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 22.01.2015
    I got 3 seaweed humus.
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 22.01.2015
    Attachment not found.

Final ranking.
  • Raven68 (US1)Raven68 (US1) Posts: 101
    edited 22.01.2015
    Nice summary page at the end of the challenge.

So glad it's over! Now I can go back to running missions w/out the craziness!

BTW, still think that co-op members who earned 0 RPs shouldn't be awarded the activity prizes.

Also I still think it's ridiculous to be selling RPs. Gold can be used to upgrade our farms. Gold can be used to buy special feed and humus. Gold can be used to speed up the harvest. Isn't that enough of an advantage for the gold buyers?

Fortunately, my co-op is far enough down the chain that it doesn't affect us if someones else used gold to buy RPs. The issue, IMO, is that selling RPs removes any integrity to the challenge and frankly, leaves egg on your face GGS. Hope that you will reconsider.
  • Mantis (GB1)Mantis (GB1) Posts: 2
    edited 22.01.2015
    I didn't receive mine at all for top rank. I didn't get the mystery box that we earned either :S didn't keep track of the rest of the prizes though.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 22.01.2015
    Yeah have to say i'm also glad its over.....didnt realise how draining a contest like this could be but at this stage it looks like the new apple orchard and cherry orchard was worth the effort. It would be nice if coop challenge rewards 1-50 didn't stay the same for each challenge....mix it up a little to make things interesting.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 23.01.2015
    They did not do what they said about the rewards. When you combine that with selling points to people and using those points toward the reward, it is just terribly disappointing. They are capable of doing better.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 20.02.2015
    Its back!... Next Coop Challenge starting in 45 hours gimme-five-smiley-emoticon.gifGood luck everyone!
    Fingerscrossed its a bit less traumatic than the last one lol
  • Hodor4Hodor4 Posts: 192
    edited 20.02.2015
    I would just like one question answered by GGS/moderator - will there be another 'Buy RP for gold' offer during the contest?

If there is then I will not be participating. I don't see the point of me earning RP through missions when my efforts can be blown out of the water by other members simply using gold to buy RP.

I used to do missions continuously until the last fiasco when I stopped completely.
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 20.02.2015
    Hodor4 wrote: »
    I would just like one question answered by GGS/moderator - will there be another 'Buy RP for gold' offer during the contest?

Yes, can we PLEASE have an answer to that question? Quite a few people in my co-op don't want to participate if RPs are going to be sold again. There doesn't seem to be much point in working hard to do missions when someone else can just buy RPs and not play at all.

GGS, don't destroy one of the best new additions to the game. The co-op challenge was a lot of fun until the infamous hot deal came along. Selling RPs for gold makes a mockery of the hard work, planning and teamwork that goes into missions. We need an answer!
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 20.02.2015
    Yes I got e mail about it this morning
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 20.02.2015
    Pingo42 wrote: »
    Yes, can we PLEASE have an answer to that question? Quite a few people in my co-op don't want to participate if RPs are going to be sold again. There doesn't seem to be much point in working hard to do missions when someone else can just buy RPs and not play at all.

GGS, don't destroy one of the best new additions to the game. The co-op challenge was a lot of fun until the infamous hot deal came along. Selling RPs for gold makes a mockery of the hard work, planning and teamwork that goes into missions. We need an answer!

I agree with Pingo4, very well written and to the point. Thanks for your reply and asking for all of us who want to know this as well.

We are waiting an answer to this question as well as the many others on the forum that keep/continue to be/get ignored.

Thanks.
  • edited 20.02.2015
    This time,Indian Future coop in indian server is going to ROCK!!!!!!!!!!Best Of Luck to all....8)
  • tomtom (IN1)tomtom (IN1) IN1 Posts: 15
    edited 20.02.2015
    Has something been changed to the rewards for the top 10 ranking coops? Now only the special cherry for the winning coop is mentioned.
  • kaydidit (US1)kaydidit (US1) Posts: 36
    edited 20.02.2015
    I for one plan to boycott the co-op challenge. For the duration of the challenge I refuse to do any missions or chat about it. I play the game for relaxation, not gobbledegook. If GGS continues to make the game nothing but competitions, I may have to look elsewhere for a game to play.
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 20.02.2015
    tomtom16 wrote: »
    Has something been changed to the rewards for the top 10 ranking coops? Now only the special cherry for the winning coop is mentioned.

The rewards should be the same as last time, the top coop get the apple orchard & the top 10 get the cherry orchard. I can only assume the rewards mentioned on the timer are just 2 examples, wait to see on the main event tent when it lists all the prizes, should be ok there.
  • edited 20.02.2015
    The rewards should be the same as last time, the top coop get the apple orchard & the top 10 get the cherry orchard. I can only assume the rewards mentioned on the timer are just 2 examples, wait to see on the main event tent when it lists all the prizes, should be ok there.

That is an answer to one question, thank you. What about answering the MOST important question, that is, will the infamous Hot Deal be back? The answer should be one of two very simple words: YES or NO
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    edited 20.02.2015
    I'm gonna have to chime in with the others here, sorry for repetition...
    I love the challenge event and the revamped missions along with the garage, the whole trio of those things has proved to be more fun for me than the island cycle in its entirety so far~

Please ease our worries though and promise there won't be another ridiculous "Hot Deal" to outright buy hundreds of thousands of rep points, it was completely unreasonable. I saw a member make that amount with actual missionwork in 4 days and on the 5th day I could have just undone all of his work by buying points and winning in the internal co-op rankings?!
    Ridiculous, awful, no idea how it even got through as an idea in the first place. Please stop before it gets out of hand. Bad enough that gold can be used to buy "better" rep point boosters during the event, but at least there's a dollar option for that. The rankings are also out of whack if someone can just buy a bunch of rep points - what on earth happened to "keeping the ranks fresh by having rep points deteriorate each week"? How can anyone dream of actually using missions what they're intended for, you know, competing, if a person who has never done a single mission in their lives can win?

Think it through, and please be reasonable. I've looked the other way several times in past "come on the gold stuff is outrageous" issues because I've always seen the good side but this problem has no good side. ;_;
  • fadedjean (US1)fadedjean (US1) US1 Posts: 181
    edited 20.02.2015
    just my 2 cents worth.... in real life game competitions and sweepstakes, there are terms and conditions. In this game where real money and real time hours spent, why not provide FULL DISCLOSURE. Oh, but that provision would not support the strategy of the game developers to see who buys into the mentality of CHEAT TO WIN. I often think the developers sit back and laugh at the turmoil they create, a bit sadistic (human behavior studies indeed, repurposed and soured).
  • edited 20.02.2015
    I think you can safely say that due to an unwillingness to confirm or deny that the hot deal has been removed that it will still be there. If it was removed then they would have said as everyone would then do the challenges. They wont confirm it is there in the hope that people planning a boycott would play until it does hit and then probably carry on rather than them not doing it from the start.
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 20.02.2015
    That is an answer to one question, thank you. What about answering the MOST important question, that is, will the infamous Hot Deal be back? The answer should be one of two very simple words: YES or NO

Of course I would love to be able to say NO, but I really don`t know any more than Nafaru already said on this thread asking the same question... Sorry! :(
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 20.02.2015
    I'll be one of the players who boykot that stupid unfair coop challenge.
  • edited 20.02.2015
    Thank you for that answer WascallyWabbit. It is a good "Maybe, eventually, probably, one day, we will think about it".

One thing I can "definitely, for sure, absolutely" say is that I will sit this challenge out and wait until GGS has made up their mind (or finished their profit calculations). I like to know the rules of a competition before I enter it and not have them changed half-way through.
  • Julie2577Julie2577 Posts: 3
    edited 20.02.2015
    Thank you for that answer WascallyWabbit. It is a good "Maybe, eventually, probably, one day, we will think about it".

One thing I can "definitely, for sure, absolutely" say is that I will sit this challenge out and wait until GGS has made up their mind (or finished their profit calculations). I like to know the rules of a competition before I enter it and not have them changed half-way through.

Could not agree more. Thank you for your post
  • edited 20.02.2015
    My cooperative did well last time. Equally United only was beaten by the cooperatives that bought reputation points. I don't get why some people don't like the cooperative challenge because of being able to buy reputation points and boosters. They help the cooperative if you use them and promote competition if others use them. Besides, GGS needs to earn money somehow. It is just one more way for people to support them. And if you boycott the competition then you don't even get any rewards. The reputation offer helps you get rewards. If you don't like that there is no logical reason not to do missions. It won't hurt GGS for you not to do the missions, it will hurt your cooperative. Just keep that in mind before complaining. :)
  • fadedjean (US1)fadedjean (US1) US1 Posts: 181
    edited 21.02.2015
    to be silent is to acquiesce
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 21.02.2015
    Well, I will take part in the Co-op challenge. But as a player who spends gold on select things (the Co-op challenge being one of them usually) I will not be spending any gold on missions unless the game starts working as smoothly as it usually does. There is literally no point to speeding things up, if a freeze will slow you down anyway.

-Y
  • tove999 (SKN1)tove999 (SKN1) Posts: 71
    edited 21.02.2015
    This buying rep points for gold is a deep shame on GGS. Yet another one!!!
    The only thing still not available for gold, is coop points.

But before you move my post to the suggestion section, i have a
    question about the boosters.

Exactly when do we benefit from them?
    Does the booster has to be active when we begin the mission?
    Or when we end it? Or all the time? Half the time?
  • SANDRAUser602SANDRAUser602 Posts: 131
    edited 21.02.2015
    fadedjean wrote: »
    just my 2 cents worth.... in real life game competitions and sweepstakes, there are terms and conditions. In this game where real money and real time hours spent, why not provide FULL DISCLOSURE. Oh, but that provision would not support the strategy of the game developers to see who buys into the mentality of CHEAT TO WIN. I often think the developers sit back and laugh at the turmoil they create, a bit sadistic (human behavior studies indeed, repurposed and soured).

Yes I often think they run their own competition challenge within the company,,,,whose idea will take off and whose won't.....big bonus for the winning team. It's a win win for all.

Guess you could say we are guinea pigs with a purpose, and although I don't spend the rich stuff, I purpose to play this game for as long as I can, and since their not sticking needles in me I'll stay and play THEIR game !

A Big thanks to a capitalist company who could give OUR US government a refresher course !!
  • acmacm Posts: 18
    edited 21.02.2015
    GG went against the popular vote of separating gold and no gold. You can still buy the win.
Sign In to comment.