Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Will our whole screen be covered in banners?!?! [ads or white bars - edit Rosy]

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Adding, if buying gold removes the ads, but not the white spaces, where is the incentive?
    edited 15.03.2023

On another post about this issue, another player provided this link that will load the game without the ads or white banner;
    https://bigfarm.goodgamestudios.com/?w=246942

Best wishes
    Thank you, Heather, but when I tried the link, the ads/white spaces were still there.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Adding, if buying gold removes the ads, but not the white spaces, where is the incentive?
    Buying gold should remove both the ads and the white spaces
    edited 15.03.2023
    Interesting.
    A friend who does not use an ad-blocker, for her this link removed the ads, but not the white space.
    I use an ad-blocker, so I never had the ads just the white space, and this link removed the white space.
    We thought maybe it was just an issue with her system or a browser difference, but I guess maybe it just removes 1 layer?

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 15.03.2023
    I'm seeing this white space on my game and don't know how to remove it. I can't properly play the game because of it. Can someone help and tell me how to remove it?

I
    I moved you to the topic already discussing the ads/ white bars if you use an ad blocker

the smallest gold purchase as Heather says removes them completely

OR use the link Heather gave exactly. It is very similar to the old one but does remove them

If that really does not work can you provide a screenshot shoeing the URL
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
    Buying gold should remove both the ads and the white spaces
    Thanks. Probably not an option for many players unless they bring back the Piggy Bank deal.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @june(IN1)
    There are advertisement banners on the top & side of the game
    Often, if you have an ad-blocker, it will prevent the ads from appearing, but the space where they would be, still shows as a white banner. 
    Purchasing a small amount of gold every 30 days, would completely remove the ads and the banner space, allowing full screen game play again.

On another post about this issue, another player provided this link that will load the game without the ads or white banner;

Best wishes
    I have been using this link successfully until today when the white bar reappeared    :¬((

I'm currently getting rid of it by shortening the window by half an inch which produces a slider and looses the white bar.    I'm hoping for a new link that works again
  • Boss_Hog (US1)Boss_Hog (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    Why the heck is the top and right side of my screen white now?I have lost about the top 2 inches of my screen and the right 3 inches of my screen to a solid white screen.The are no ads or banners just solid white but I do have a few adblockers I use so I never got those ads to begin with.I did not have this problem early this morning.I have done the usual logging in and out several times along with clearing my cache several times no difference.I had this same problem a few months back and started using a different link to login to game and it worked but not now.I never did find out what caused this problem before.
  • I have many in my coop who dont purchase gold.....How can they enjoy this game we all love so much with these distractions...How do I inform them how to eliminate these pop ups ?  Im a coop leader with many unhappy players...Please advise  Jan
  • Thank You for continuing to forward this topic. Many of us in the game appreciate your effort...JanetMarie
    Why the heck is the top and right side of my screen white now?I have lost about the top 2 inches of my screen and the right 3 inches of my screen to a solid white screen.The are no ads or banners just solid white but I do have a few adblockers I use so I never got those ads to begin with.I did not have this problem early this morning.I have done the usual logging in and out several times along with clearing my cache several times no difference.I had this same problem a few months back and started using a different link to login to game and it worked but not now.I never did find out what caused this problem before.
    It's where the ads are running now. You probably have an ad blocker which is why you're seeing white space where the ads would run. It's ruining the game.

I have been using this link successfully until today when the white bar reappeared    :¬((

I'm currently getting rid of it by shortening the window by half an inch which produces a slider and looses the white bar.    I'm hoping for a new link that works again
    Uncle John, I just tried it, and it works beautifully -- thanks so much!
  • June (IN1)June (IN1) IN1 Posts: 4
    @june(IN1)
    There are advertisement banners on the top & side of the game
    Often, if you have an ad-blocker, it will prevent the ads from appearing, but the space where they would be, still shows as a white banner. 
    Purchasing a small amount of gold every 30 days, would completely remove the ads and the banner space, allowing full screen game play again.

Best wishes

Thank you so much for the help
    Sadly, yes,this work around no longer works.

A subscription or the tiniest purchase is now the only way to actually get rid of them, and just for 30 days.
    Merged all threads on this topic
    Thanks for the update Rosy.  It may not be the best news, but at least we know  ;)
  • nuke9104 (US1)nuke9104 (US1) US1 Posts: 149
    Here's what works for me:  I have Adblock Plus running.  Just having it removes the ads, but leaves the white borders, BUT if you go to options and turn on 'Only allow ads without third-party tracking', this removes the white borders as well.  I restarted the game a few minutes ago and this was still working.

I hate to relay this for fear GGS will figure out how to get around this solution, kind of like a James Bond villain gloating and telling Bond his plans, so then Bond knows what terrible thing he needs to stop.
    Thanks so much for the tip Nuke !
    I know what you mean .... that other link was working great for such a long time, until it got shared on forum & then they changed it pretty quick  ;(
    Stuff like that has been happening for a long time - it can sadly make us leery of sharing tips

Can somebody please explain to me how I can resize my window so I can get rid of white screen on top and right side of my screen?Right now I have to reduce my screen size to 50% in order to see my whole farm which makes it very difficult to play cause everything is so small.If I can not find a solution to this problem then I will leave game again.I just came back about 6 months ago after taking 1 1/2 to 2 years off because of the farm lab disaster.I hope I don't have to leave again.Enough is enough I am getting tired of this Financial Blackmail by Good Game to make us buy gold.
  • kris61 (US1)kris61 (US1) US1 Posts: 49
    Well that didn't last long the ads are all back !  These ads are surrounding the game.
    I've merged all threads on the topic.

Please believe me that all the mods are passing on our extreme discontent with the current situation
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    Thank you for the useful info @nuke9104 (US1)
    When hovering on the edge of quitting the game, those recently returning, irritating white borders seemed they might be a tipping point ....
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    edited 17.03.2023
    I wonder if opening the game in "incognito window" will help?
    I can't test it as I have a subscription package as well as an adblocker.

Nice idea Morti, I just tried it. Even in a private window, am still getting the white banner :(
  • vbillyboy55 (AU1)vbillyboy55 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 214
    Looks like  GGS have dealt with that issue Heather,  I now get the white areas again where the ads used to appear on that link , and had to buy gold to get full screen  again
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    Nice idea Morti, I just tried it. Even in a private window, am still getting the white banner :(
    Sorry to hear this  :(
    Do you have to buy gold or a subscription to get rid of borders or can you buy any package to get rid of it?
    edited 19.03.2023
    A subscription or the tiniest real money purchase gets ris of them for 30 days.

The Daily Bundle is the least I can think of

• Moliugas (LT1)Moliugas (LT1) LT1 Posts: 153
    Try to use "uBlock Origin" extension in chrome browser. It hides ads and white spaces for me.
    Here's what works for me:  I have Adblock Plus running.  Just having it removes the ads, but leaves the white borders, BUT if you go to options and turn on 'Only allow ads without third-party tracking', this removes the white borders as well.  I restarted the game a few minutes ago and this was still working.

I hate to relay this for fear GGS will figure out how to get around this solution, kind of like a James Bond villain gloating and telling Bond his plans, so then Bond knows what terrible thing he needs to stop.
    This really works. All the mods who were getting the ads/white bars do this now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file