Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

new laptop, display issues

Hi, I'm wondering if there's anyone who might be able to help trouble shoot this issue I'm having / maybe it's happened to someone else before ?  

I have a new laptop, and am having display/graphic issues where it does not display the entire letters or numbers. This is in random places (not the same digit or letter each time), but whatever digit is not displaying completely, will still not be displayed if I try to zoom in or out (so it is affecting the digit, not a certain place on the screen).

Here is 1 example, but this happens everywhere; like bubbles that show how much is ready to harvest or plant, or numbers/letters in the barn, or how many fish are in a pool, etc;
   on this one, the 1st letter and digit in Farm machines is missing, but the next mission would have different digits or letters missing or partially seen like in Active bonuses   .....  just saying, it's not consistent

Also, this is only happening in this game. I have not had any display issues in any other website nor in any other app, not even here in forum. The issue is exclusive to the game. And yes, I have tried clearing cache and history, and it still does the same thing.  I am using the brave browser, which I have used on 2 other systems but never had this issue.

Thank for any advice or tips you might be able to give :)

Comments

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I have been having this issue for months and months and am not the only one :(

would love to know how to fix it...
  • Boss_Hog (US1)Boss_Hog (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    I think Big Farm may be having some display issues.Read what I wrote under the title "Disappearing duck coops.My problem seems to have finally gone away after logging in and out several times and clearing my cache several times but it was scary.Every time I clicked on something on my farm it disappeared.
    You might want to try and see if you have any updates available for your laptops video card and if so download and install it and see if it helps.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Thanks, I tried all updates before I reported this here, including video card.
    I do recall your post about your disappearing ducks, that certainly was odd !

This is a brand new laptop this is happening on. I was hoping there is some sort of display or font setting that I could change. I think the weirdest thing is how variable it is. Sometimes I can read most everything, and other times I can read almost nothing. I have 5 yr old and 7 yr old laptops that do not have this error happening. Being older, those are bogged down with a lot of other stuff, but at least I could read everything. This one moves faster, but sometimes I have no idea how much I'm harvesting or what I have in stock of stuff. It's so frustrating !
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 15.03.2023
    Turning off hardware acceleration should do the trick.

I had to do it myself last year some time.

I was concerned about performance but other than my letters are not broken I have seen no difference

• janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    edited 15.03.2023
    Hi, I'm wondering if there's anyone who might be able to help trouble shoot this issue I'm having / maybe it's happened to someone else before ?  

I have a new laptop, and am having display/graphic issues where it does not display the entire letters or numbers. This is in random places (not the same digit or letter each time), but whatever digit is not displaying completely, will still not be displayed if I try to zoom in or out (so it is affecting the digit, not a certain place on the screen).

Here is 1 example, but this happens everywhere; like bubbles that show how much is ready to harvest or plant, or numbers/letters in the barn, or how many fish are in a pool, etc;
       on this one, the 1st letter and digit in Farm machines is missing, but the next mission would have different digits or letters missing or partially seen like in Active bonuses   .....  just saying, it's not consistent

Also, this is only happening in this game. I have not had any display issues in any other website nor in any other app, not even here in forum. The issue is exclusive to the game. And yes, I have tried clearing cache and history, and it still does the same thing.  I am using the brave browser, which I have used on 2 other systems but never had this issue.

Thank for any advice or tips you might be able to give :)

Yes, me too, I have a new lappy, thought it was just me :

Thank you Rosy, just done it and it's all clear. :))
    Thanks for the idea @RosyStarling, but sadly turning off hardware acceleration did not fix it for me

still hoping someone might have another idea to try ;)

Did you restart your laptop after you turned off hardware acceleration?You have to restart your pc in order for the changes to take effect.
    edited 17.03.2023
    Yes I did restart the computer - thank you for checking though - sometimes those easy things are missed ;)

the graphics are still beyond bad
    I can't tell who charmed my farm, so I don't know who to thank or to repay

I don't know what's in my barn, I don't know what things cost, or how much of something is ready to harvest (would have been helpful in the  HWE). It seems like the only numbers that are visible, are the ones I don't need ;(

Same issues are in DW - I was looking to see which crops I could plant to fill the barn. It looked like I only had about 20 alfalfa, turns out the real number was 720 !  Oh well, sold the overstock, but it's not what I would have chosen had I known the real #.  This is getting beyond playable, I don't know how others have been doing it for months now.

(This is not the only place there have been completely invisible numbers, it's just 1 screen shot example)

I'll hold out a little longer, hoping someone knows a magic setting 

Heather, can you help troubleshoot by trying a different browser

Quote from 'she who knows' "sadly no, so far it worked for everyone who tried it. i have no experience though with brave browser and not sure if other players with that issue were using it"
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Heather, can you help troubleshoot by trying a different browser

Quote from 'she who knows' "sadly no, so far it worked for everyone who tried it. i have no experience though with brave browser and not sure if other players with that issue were using it"
    I use Chrome, never used Brave 
    edited 17.03.2023
    Hi @RosyStarling
    it's the same issue on other browsers

I have had no issue on brave on other computers, and no issue on this computer for any other game, website or app - - it's only in BigFarm that there's any issue, and only on this new laptop

thanks janflipflo, for  confirming it's not just me on other browsers too :)

I really don't know how others have played like this for awhile, here's a new example - it's hard to play some events like this

:(   I will ask further.  

I really don't know how others have played like this for awhile, here's a new example - it's hard to play some events like this

Yes it is a pain to play with this issue... but I have for months and months.... :(

Thank you Rosy, I turned off the hardware acceleration and it worked for me... I can see whole letters/numbers again!!! woo hoo! :)
    So happy for you JVD, I bet that's awesome to see after all this time !!!!
    So happy for you JVD, I bet that's awesome to see after all this time !!!!
    it is like being reborn! LOL :smiley:
    Thanks for the idea @RosyStarling, but sadly turning off hardware acceleration did not fix it for me

still hoping someone might have another idea to try ;)

@RosyStarling
    After trying a few more ideas, I realized that hardware acceleration can be turned off in the browser settings and can also turn off hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling via windows system setting

once I had both turned off, I can see all the fonts in the game again - hooray !!!!  

again for your help !
    yay !!!   So pleased to hear that :smiley:
Sign In to comment.