Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Different fishing supplies and what they do (not talking about deep sea fishing)

Until now I haven't gotten to the docks portion of the game where you can go deep sea fishing. I know how to do it and I'm doing so now.

Here is my question. Please note, I posted something similar in the questions with a few responses.
(While they helped me in some regard, they were mostly off topic)
I think the system treats questions and discussions differently and so not as many people saw it. I don't know for sure.

What do the different upgraded fishing gear types do? For example, the fish hooks I have used the small, medium and large and honestly, I can't tell a difference between the three.

I know that the upgraded poles are stronger and they don't break as easily, but i don't know exactly what they do.

what exactly makes a rod break?? 

Comments

• The more expensive fish hooks drop faster and have a larger catch radius. They are not really important. The basic hooks work just fine once you practice. (Which is why you can't really tell the difference. Use the cheap ones).

Poles have a durability rating and a time rating. The durability rating is how long you can use that particular pole and how much total stress it can take before it breaks from use. Once all the durability is used up the rod breaks.

The time rating is how much time in seconds you can spend reeling in the fish you catch before it automatically gets off the hook.

The fishing line(s) also have a durability rating. The heavier and stronger the fish is the more stress the line receives. The line will turn from green, to yellow, to red, and then break. Letting go of the mouse button reduces stress on the line but uses up more of the time that the fishing pole gives you.

The reels have both a speed and durability rating. The higher the speed rating the faster that you can reel in a fish (and the faster and more stress you put on the line). The durability rating is how long you can use that reel before it breaks.

• jules (US1)jules (US1) US1 Posts: 24
    The more expensive fish hooks drop faster and have a larger catch radius. They are not really important. The basic hooks work just fine once you practice. (Which is why you can't really tell the difference. Use the cheap ones).

Poles have a durability rating and a time rating. The durability rating is how long you can use that particular pole and how much total stress it can take before it breaks from use. Once all the durability is used up the rod breaks.

The time rating is how much time in seconds you can spend reeling in the fish you catch before it automatically gets off the hook.

The fishing line(s) also have a durability rating. The heavier and stronger the fish is the more stress the line receives. The line will turn from green, to yellow, to red, and then break. Letting go of the mouse button reduces stress on the line but uses up more of the time that the fishing pole gives you.

The reels have both a speed and durability rating. The higher the speed rating the faster that you can reel in a fish (and the faster and more stress you put on the line). The durability rating is how long you can use that reel before it breaks.

thank you
  • Any time
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Tip Only use the second best stuff except hooks always go cheap as you will lose a hook per fish you catch.
    Tip Only use the second best stuff except hooks always go cheap as you will lose a hook per fish you catch.
    Do you mean only the stuff that costs farm dollars
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    @Data King (US1)
    I thought we lost a hook for every fish that bites, not just that we catch

meaning, if it bites & the line breaks or time runs out, the hook is still lost - right?
    edited 30.11.2022
    @Data King (US1)

meaning, if it bites & the line breaks or time runs out, the hook is still lost - right?
    what's really interesting to me is that when the fish hook falls to the very bottom you don't lose the fish hook or the line

i wish real fishing gear worked like that
    @Data King (US1)

Yes once a fish bites the hook is lost if you catch it or not
    Do you mean only the stuff that costs farm dollars
    Yes check your tackle box 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file